GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.smokeysgreatershows.com/schedule/

Oct 6th was the last day of their season. I guess the workers would have gone back home after that.

They are based in Auburn, Maine. Wonder if many of the employees are also from there?

Can someone remind me where she had reportedly been sighted?

Promising developments...I hope they're close to finding her.

Oct 6th was the last day of their season. I guess the workers would have gone back home after that.

They are based in Auburn, Maine. Wonder if many of the employees are also from there?

The next Fair in the area was the Sandwich Fair the following weekend. I was there . There was a very heavy police presence . The ride company would be different ( maybe ? ) But the rest of the Fair would most likely be the same group. Just assuming , as Sandwich NH is only 35 miles away.

I don't think mom knows all that much about what happened. All I see in the letter is a mom who is in the throes of magical thinking. Who can blame her? It would be the best scenario for Abby to come home safe. I'm just not sure that will happen.

I don't think mom knows all that much about what happened. All I see in the letter is a mom who is in the throes of magical thinking. Who can blame her? It would be the best scenario for Abby to come home safe. I'm just not sure that will happen.

Exactly what I've been afraid of- magical thinking. I hope this isn't the case and LE is hot on Abby's trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to imagine a carnival person not turning her in. I would think $20,000 is a good deal of money to those folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next Fair in the area was the Sandwich Fair the following weekend. I was there . There was a very heavy police presence . The ride company would be different ( maybe ? ) But the rest of the Fair would most likely be the same group. Just assuming , as Sandwich NH is only 35 miles away.

Welcome Back

Smokey's only shows Maine Fairs....nothing about Sandwich, must be a different company for NH.

It just doesn't seem like LE (or anyone unfortunately) is hot on Abby's trail. I really don't know what to think in this case.... seems like she would contact her Mom again if she is alive/able to. She obviously would need help/serious $ to stay hidden this long on purpose. And if she's been abducted.... well, the outcome looks less than positive at this point. Where are you, Abby? Someone must know something.

I'm not gonna lie, I will be p.o'ed if it turns out she has run away all this time. Girls running away and making law enforcement (and the FBI!) spend precious man hours and money looking for them whilst they're out doing whatever they want when LE time could be used on the countless other genuine cases that get no attention annoys me so much! JMO

I'm not gonna lie, I will be p.o'ed if it turns out she has run away all this time. Girls running away and making law enforcement (and the FBI!) spend precious man hours and money looking for them whilst they're out doing whatever they want when LE time could be used on the countless other genuine cases that get no attention annoys me so much! JMO

Not me. I'd be ecstatic. There are too many children abducted, raped, tortured, killed. I want them alive.

I can't imagine that of the hundreds of thousands of missing persons there are, that the FBI would put a runaway among the few who are on their Kidnappings & Missing Persons list.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing

If I wake up tomorrow morning and hear that she was a runaway who has returned home, I'll be thrilled. I think we need to give her the benefit of the doubt and keep in mind the following:

1. She's barely 15. Kids (and adults) can make bad decisions.
2. Even if she ran away, she likely did not expect this type of response
3. Unfortunately some kids have reasons to leave home. Granted they should contact the authorities and work through the system...but again they are kids.

If I wake up tomorrow and find out somebody has done something evil with this girl, then I'll be p.-o'ed.

If I wake up tomorrow morning and hear that she was a runaway who has returned home, I'll be thrilled. I think we need to give her the benefit of the doubt and keep in mind the following:

3. Unfortunately some kids have reasons to leave home. Granted they should contact the authorities and work through the system...but again they are kids.

If I wake up tomorrow and find out somebody has done something evil with this girl, then I'll be p.-o'ed.

I agree 100%. I ran away when I was 15. I have no idea wth I was thinking.(I really wasn't) It was a dumb thing and looking back, I was REALLY LUCKY that no harm came to me because I got involved with some not so good older people. Things could have ended very badly. I am waiting for Abby to come home safe. I have a feeling she will.

I agree 100%. I ran away when I was 15. I have no idea wth I was thinking.(I really wasn't) It was a dumb thing and looking back, I was REALLY LUCKY that no harm came to me because I got involved with some not so good older people. Things could have ended very badly. I am waiting for Abby to come home safe. I have a feeling she will.

agree as well. I ran away twice, once at 13 for 4 days and once at 15 and was gone for a week. I was very fortunate to not have fallen into harm's way (or more harm's way than I did). Nothing is free. Nothing. And when older people are assisting a runaway, 99% of the time there is a price attached and it can be a heavy one.

You guys do have good points! I'd be curious as to how she has gone undetected and managed to live all of this time though. Someone must be helping her, but how have other people not seen her? Crazy.

I think your view is going to be shared by a lot of people if that turns out to be true. People are going to be angry that LE spent their tax dollars to look for a runaway, that the media gave more attention to a runaway than than they do people who did not leave on their own, that LE acted like she was in danger, that Abby allowed LE to spend all that money and her mother to worry for months, etc. I have no doubt that unless Abby is being held by some madman, she's going to be raked over the coals. People aren't going to be holding a parade. It will depend on how the media frames her return, and where she was for the past (X) days. Headlines that scream that a runway faked her abducted, and LE spent thousands...aren't going to get a warm response.

If Abigail did write two weeks after leaving and said she was fine...then she probably cannot be blamed for the on-going drama. Sure, she still needs to be found, as she is not old enough to be on her own or to give permission for another adult to take her in. But she may have written with the intention of trying to reduce the hoopla, drama and LE presence, even if it was not realistic.

I think your view is going to be shared by a lot of people if that turns out to be true. People are going to be angry that LE spent their tax dollars to look for a runaway, that the media gave more attention to a runaway than than they do people who did not leave on their own, that LE acted like she was in danger, that Abby allowed LE to spend all that money and her mother to worry for months, etc. I have no doubt that unless Abby is being held by some madman, she's going to be raked over the coals. People aren't going to be holding a parade. It will depend on how the media frames her return, and where she was for the past (X) days. Headlines that scream that a runway faked her abducted, and LE spent thousands...aren't going to get a warm response.

BBM if I ever saw anyone say that law enforcement shouldn't spend our tax dollars to look for 14 year old runaways, I would be VERY p-ed off.

BBM if I ever saw anyone say that law enforcement shouldn't spend our tax dollars to look for 14 year old runaways, I would be VERY p-ed off.

That's my thing. I find it sad and wrong they can't do this for every single child. A 14/15 yr old on their own is ALWAYS in danger. I was also a runaway. Made it about a month once and I'll tell you I was on the line of serious danger and not returning. Thankfully I realized it right as it creeped upon being too late for me to ever return 'the same' if not live a life on the streets.

If Abby walks in her door tomorrow I will have the merriest Christmas ever knowing she's home, her mom can wrap her arms around her and ahhhhh it is the goal here for all of us. GET ABBY HOME SAFE AND SOUND!

Well, I doubt she ran away... this has never been treated as a runaway case. Law enforcement has treated this as a potential abduction since day one. Nothing has been taken off the table as of yet but it is the general belief of law enforcement that she is not of her own free will to do what she wants or return home and it is feared by law enforcement that she is being held against her will.....

That's been said in nearly every interview in msm with law enforcement officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver