NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. I never even thought of connecting Kesinger (full name, Rory Gene Kesinger) as one of the victims, but it's certainly possible.

She was rumored to be a Navy brat, but other than that, there's very little known about her. Most of what's available was in connection with her possibly being the UID known as Lady of the Dunes, who was found murdered on Cape Cod not long after RGK escaped from prison. She had an extensive criminal record including gun running and bank robbery. She disappeared in 1973 so she would have had time to become the mother of a 10-year-old. She'd probably be a couple of years older than the mother's upper age estimate, but otherwise she might well be a good candidate.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26809/3

Attachments

• allentown JD with Rory Kesinger.png
    allentown JD with Rory Kesinger.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 44
Oh, I thought the women said a man's name because the AG referred to him as he.

Oh, I thought the women said a man's name because the AG referred to him as he.

I don't know about that--my hearing is not good and I can't make out more than half of the press conference. I have to rely on the kindness of others for transcripts...

NamUs doesn't list dental records or DNA is available. I wonder how they would make a match?

NamUs doesn't list dental records or DNA is available. I wonder how they would make a match?

Rory has DNA. It's how they eliminated her as Lady of the Dunes. I thought she also had dentals showing rather extensive dental work, but I can't find that mentioned anywhere.

I noticed that, that they ruled Rory out with DNA in the Lady of the Dunes case, but one of the articles I read said she had no known relatives (at that time, anyway) and NamUs reads DNA not available. Anyway, I agree she may be a possibility, not just because of the resemblance but also because her known lifestyle would put her in the company of shady characters. It's worth the suggestion.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/03-00...00/c07sr113.htm

'Body in the sand' is exhumed

By Felix Carroll,
Cape Cod Times

PROVINCETOWN --

What has been known for 26 years simply -- and cryptically -- as the "Body in the Dunes" was exhumed for the purpose of taking genetic samples.
Law enforcement sources say they are trying to match the victim's DNA to a saliva sample given to investigators by a woman in Colorado who may be the mother.
The identity of the dead woman has confounded state and local police since the body was discovered by a 13-year-old girl walking her dog in the dunes about a mile east of the Race Point ranger station in the summer of 1974. The naked woman's hands had been severed and were not found at the scene. Her head was barely attached.
The unsolved murder, along with the mystery identity of the woman, is the oldest case in the state police Cold Case Unit.
Copies of the woman's dental records have been sent all over the country. Police once followed a lead into Canada and came up empty.
Investigators have suspected since the late 1980s that the unidentified woman was Rory Gene Kesinger, who ran away from home at 15, robbed banks, used five aliases, took hard drugs and escaped from prison in Plymouth. But until now, they have been unable to verify that.
One police source said the woman in Colorado is the mother of Rory Gene Kesinger, who has been missing since 1974, when she was 25 years old.
The body, between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8, matched Kesinger's height. The decomposed corpse was determined to be dead in the dunes anywhere from five days to three weeks. Forensic tests put her age between 25 and 35.
Although there is no direct evidence linking the dead woman to convicted killer Hadden Clark, investigators say he may have been on the Cape at the time she was killed.
Clark, 47, is serving time for killing a 6-year-old girl and a 23-year-old Maryland woman in 1992.
He told investigators that he killed at least 11 other women and buried some of them on the Cape -- in the National Seashore and near his grandparents' former home in Wellfleet. Investigators are expected to resume the search for these bodies sometime next month.
Clark and his brother Bradfield, now serving time in California for the dismemberment murder of a co-worker, both lived on the Cape as children.
Hadden Clark also lived and worked on the Lower Cape before joining the Navy. He was discharged in 1985.
Nine unmarked state and local police cars pulled into St. Peter's Cemetery around 10 a.m. yesterday.
Investigators held a tarp around the grave to block it from view as they lifted the remains from the casket and placed into a hearse owned by McHoul Funeral Home in Provincetown. The body was taken first to the funeral home on Harry Kemp Way, and later to the medical examiner's office in Pocasset.
David McHoul, director of the funeral home, said the body was not embalmed when it was first buried in the donated casket. He said the casket was made of light steel and suspected it might have taken in water over the years.
He said the body was dug up 20 years ago for blood samples. That was before DNA sampling became a key tool for crime investigators.
"Obviously," State Police Sgt. James Plath said at the cemetery, "respecting the privacy and
the sacredness of the deceased, this is not something we would do unless we thought it was necessary to do."
He said it could be months before investigators have any definitive answers regarding the identity of the dead woman. Though the case has remained open all these years, he said, investigators have been working "a little more intensely" in the past several months.
When asked whether Clark is being considered a suspect, he said, "We're not going to go into anything about the investigation at all."

I noticed that, that they ruled Rory out with DNA in the Lady of the Dunes case, but one of the articles I read said she had no known relatives (at that time, anyway) and NamUs reads DNA not available. Anyway, I agree she may be a possibility, not just because of the resemblance but also because her known lifestyle would put her in the company of shady characters. It's worth the suggestion.

They located her mother in Colorado.

Not available may only mean that the local ME or LE is holding the DNA rather than uploading it to CODIS. She never used to be listed in any missing persons databases because she's technically a fugitive, so this may indicate a new development in her case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Rory was ruled out, though. I found a Boston Globe article dated 2014 and says a year and a half prior to 2014 they thought they had a suspect but it wasn't who they thought it was. They don't name Rory in that article but in a 2011 article they stated they exhumed the body again just to see if she matched. I could find no article that confirmed it wasn't her, but it would seem Lady of the Dunes is still a mystery.
2014: //www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/22/the-mystery-provincetown-lady-dunes-years-later/Oh3b9yOIWgvRCnqPV1WeHP/story.html
2011 article: //www.capecodtimes.com/article/19980808/NEWS01/308089187
And, I found this in another article but I don't know how reliable the site is: "Investigators also followed a lead involving Rory Gene Kesinger, who would have been 25 years old during the murder, who had broken out of the town's jail in 1973. After the skull was reconstructed, authorities saw a resemblance between both Kessinger and the victim.[SUP][21][/SUP] This theory was later discarded, as DNA from Kessinger's mother compared to that of Lady of the Dunes' bone marrow did not match."
Why would Agati refer to Rory as a "he"?

I thought Rory was ruled out, though. I found a Boston Globe article dated 2014 and says a year and a half prior to 2014 they thought they had a suspect but it wasn't who they thought it was. They don't name Rory in that article but in a 2011 article they stated they exhumed the body again just to see if she matched. I could find no article that confirmed it wasn't her, but it would seem Lady of the Dunes is still a mystery.
2014: //www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/22/the-mystery-provincetown-lady-dunes-years-later/Oh3b9yOIWgvRCnqPV1WeHP/story.html
2011 article: //www.capecodtimes.com/article/19980808/NEWS01/308089187
And, I found this in another article but I don't know how reliable the site is: "Investigators also followed a lead involving Rory Gene Kesinger, who would have been 25 years old during the murder, who had broken out of the town's jail in 1973. After the skull was reconstructed, authorities saw a resemblance between both Kessinger and the victim.[SUP][21][/SUP] This theory was later discarded, as DNA from Kessinger's mother compared to that of Lady of the Dunes' bone marrow did not match."
Why would Agati refer to Rory as a "he"?

Yes, she was ruled out as being the Lady in the Dunes.

I was wondering what people thought when the AG said in the press conference that the three related victims were in a more northern area (hence the discussion about Canada and the RCMP) 3-7 months prior to their deaths. Since the middle, unrelated child was with them 2 weeks to 3 months before they all died, and she was from a more inland, northern area, I was wondering if those two northern areas were one and the same and if that was when the middle child became part of their group.

I am not sure if this family would even be reported missing. My guess as it most likely is domestic violence that the woman was estranged, isolated, and lost contact with family many years before. That is is nature of domestic violence. So, family might not even know of the youngest child, or any of them. There is a chance they were reported missing though...

Searching news articles and found this...I couldn't find any follow up article.

"According to the bulletin, Maroney and the children, Tracy, 6, Samantha, 4, and Laura, 3, were last seen Sunday night en route to Okeechobee from Miami".

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1985-04-10/news/8501130821_1_maroney-bulletin-davie

I've been thinking about the woman's age for some time. If she was in her mid-twenties and the girl was 9 or 10, then maybe her family (perhaps religious?) disowned her. ('You have made your bed, now lie in it' is what many religious families think in this situation) So maybe they excluded her as their child.

I've been thinking about the woman's age for some time. If she was in her mid-twenties and the girl was 9 or 10, then maybe her family (perhaps religious?) disowned her. ('You have made your bed, now lie in it' is what many religious families think in this situation) So maybe they excluded her as their child.

In the 70's many people, not necessarily religious, thought that. And often they thought something similar about an abusive marriage, too. It was sad...

I think it is probable that the family was never reported missing too. Your Maroney family idea caught my eye and I found the attachedMaroney.png on Ancestry.
I am not sure if this family would even be reported missing. My guess as it most likely is domestic violence that the woman was estranged, isolated, and lost contact with family many years before. That is is nature of domestic violence. So, family might not even know of the youngest child, or any of them. There is a chance they were reported missing though...

Searching news articles and found this...I couldn't find any follow up article.

"According to the bulletin, Maroney and the children, Tracy, 6, Samantha, 4, and Laura, 3, were last seen Sunday night en route to Okeechobee from Miami".

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1985-04-10/news/8501130821_1_maroney-bulletin-davie

The AG was asked at the press conference about the possibility that these victims were simply not reported or if it were a case of no one thought to report them missing because they (meaning folks that knew the victims) thought the people had moved away or the state took the kids, etc. He said in all probability, that questions were asked (by friends/family etc) and that they were answered (by the perpetrator) and no one thought to follow up and these four slipped through the cracks. I'm paraphrasing here, but to hear it verbatim, it's at the end of the raw pc video on youtube. Links are posted a few pages back.

Allenstown NH- Adult Female and 3 Children - will be on Crime Watch Daily tomorrow. To check when it's on put your zip code in here

See the video here; the video code isn't working for some reason [video]https://www.facebook.com/billy.jensen.9237/videos/267581380257744/[/video]

Allenstown NH- Adult Female and 3 Children - will be on Crime Watch Daily tomorrow. To check when it's on put your zip code in here

See the video here; the video code isn't working for some reason [video]https://www.facebook.com/billy.jensen.9237/videos/267581380257744/[/video]

Actually, it's playing today (May 18) --- looks like I missed it by a few hours. Dang it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper