NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it's playing today (May 18) --- looks like I missed it by a few hours. Dang it.

I turned it on to set up my recording, it ended up playing while I was cooking dinner, so I was able to watch some of it. I don't see it posted on their web site yet.

Was researching for another UID on another thread and came across this picture. The girl on the far right caught my eye. Please tell me whether you think that girl and the girl in the middle have similar facial features to the last reconstruction of the woman in this case. If so, might give us a place to start with where this woman may have come from.

http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/scene/books/2013/09/14/hutterites/

Here is the Crime Watch episode:

[video=youtube;MrNG9u3nncs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNG9u3nncs[/video]

Thank you for posting the video.
I gleaned a few things:
1. The forensic artist said all the victims suffered from blunt force trauma. I don't recall that they'd released the cause of death on the 2 youngest before, at least, that I've stumbled upon, anyway.
2. They get virtually no calls/tips about this case according to that prosecutor. I sent in two tips, and they didn't acknowledge them, so who knows if they're even looking at them.Has anyone else sent in tips lately?
3. The private citizen blogger believes the perpetrator may have been a deceased male resident of the nearby trailer park because he had barrels and a band saw. The prosecutor said this guy was on their radar but it didn't sound like they investigated him as a possible suspect in this case.. Would they be able to obtain his DNA to compare to the 4 victims? It may provide a paternal link, possibly to the two younger girls.
Thanks again for the video.

Thank you for posting the video.
I gleaned a few things:
1. The forensic artist said all the victims suffered from blunt force trauma. I don't recall that they'd released the cause of death on the 2 youngest before, at least, that I've stumbled upon, anyway.
2. They get virtually no calls/tips about this case according to that prosecutor. I sent in two tips, and they didn't acknowledge them, so who knows if they're even looking at them.Has anyone else sent in tips lately?
3. The private citizen blogger believes the perpetrator may have been a deceased male resident of the nearby trailer park because he had barrels and a band saw. The prosecutor said this guy was on their radar but it didn't sound like they investigated him as a possible suspect in this case.. Would they be able to obtain his DNA to compare to the 4 victims? It may provide a paternal link, possibly to the two younger girls.
Thanks again for the video.

1. They showed the 1 girls skull, looked pretty bad.
2. I was shocked to hear them say they get no calls.
3. They possibly may have DNA from prison, if not, I wonder if he has kids or parents/ siblings; if not they would have to exhume him.

Still have to watch it again

Awhile back on this thread someone found a comment on a blog (if I remember correctly) where someone described how and where the murder took place, as if they were a witness or possibly knew something. I can't remember what came of that comment or if it was submitted as a tip. (Perhaps the poster was just sharing a theory of what they think happened). The comment mentioned that the family briefly lived in the trailer park (in a camper, I think) that is mentioned in the latest crime watch video. My question-- was that comment posted before the testing results came back that the family likely lived in the area for a few months?

Awhile back on this thread someone found a comment on a blog (if I remember correctly) where someone described how and where the murder took place, as if they were a witness or possibly knew something. I can't remember what came of that comment or if it was submitted as a tip. (Perhaps the poster was just sharing a theory of what they think happened). The comment mentioned that the family briefly lived in the trailer park (in a camper, I think) that is mentioned in the latest crime watch video. My question-- was that comment posted before the testing results came back that the family likely lived in the area for a few months?

That was me that posted the link to a comment on the blog mentioned in the Crime Watch Daily article. I never saw the name. I wonder if that's where the blogger got he name she said.

Yikes! I don't know what to believe now. I just went back and picked apart some of the raw Nov. press conf. footage that mentioned some of the same things as in the Crime Watch video.
The DA says they get tips almost monthly, they just don't pan out. The prosecutor said they get almost none.
The DA said he didn't have anymore information that he could share on how the youngest two victims died. The forensic artist said all victims died of blunt force trauma. He was showing us the unrelated child's skull.
Also, the DA said that they didn't have a complete enough profile of the 4 victims to run it against the SO registery and that SO profiles have a different protocol. It sounds like to me that they would need to either exhume the body to get the sample or get it from a relative? Someone had asked him if they'd run the sample against the registry in the pc.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4086844080459428204&postID=596094949073009314&bpli=1&pli=1

The blog where the comment I mentioned in my earlier post was shared. There was a comment from 2013 that mentions the Robert Steffen guy from the crime watch video.

Quoting the comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Have you considered a man named Robert Steffen, they say he died in prison for molesting his grandchildren and threatened to bury them with the other bodies if they told? He happened to live on Edgewood Dr. that runs parallel to the trail that the bodies were found off of.

November 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Yikes! I don't know what to believe now. I just went back and picked apart some of the raw Nov. press conf. footage that mentioned some of the same things as in the Crime Watch video.
The DA says they get tips almost monthly, they just don't pan out. The prosecutor said they get almost none.
The DA said he didn't have anymore information that he could share on how the youngest two victims died. The forensic artist said all victims died of blunt force trauma. He was showing us the unrelated child's skull.
Also, the DA said that they didn't have a complete enough profile of the 4 victims to run it against the SO registery and that SO profiles have a different protocol. It sounds like to me that they would need to either exhume the body to get the sample or get it from a relative? Someone had asked him if they'd run the sample against the registry in the pc.

With the tips, I guess the prosecutor doesn't know what they really get and why would he? The LE/ME for the case should have been interviewed
Possible the forensic artist wasn't told to not mention it or he was giving his own opinion.
Hopefully they consider running DNA from the 2 little kids to the SO registry. I wonder if it was run in CODIS

With the tips, I guess the prosecutor doesn't know what they really get and why would he? The LE/ME for the case should have been interviewed
Possible the forensic artist wasn't told to not mention it or he was giving his own opinion.
Hopefully they consider running DNA from the 2 little kids to the SO registry. I wonder if it was run in CODIS

The AG/DA guy said they wouldn't run their DNA against the SO registry because they didn't have a complete enough sample (from the victims) to get an accurate picture, or something like that, but it sounded like they'd considered it.
I don't think it was the forensic artists' opinion because he has seen the actual skulls. I don't think he was supposed to say anything, but that's my take on things. No one may have caught it but the public, like us.
You bring up a good point about the prosecutor-what the heck was he even doing there? LOL. He probably drew the short straw. :)

I don't believe anything anyone posts as a comment in a blog or comment section in the media, claiming to have tips. If they were valid, then they would have gone to the police with the proof. Why waste time on a blog if it's for real? If it were valid, LE would have interviewed the man's family already,they said he was on their radar. Obviously, if he told his grandchildren about the bodies, I would imagine someone in the family would know who the victims are.
Anyway, I learned that lesson when I followed the Kyron Horman case, that people make stuff up to either get a rise out of someone or attention, and not to believe everything I read, especially in a post.

The AG/DA guy said they wouldn't run their DNA against the SO registry because they didn't have a complete enough sample (from the victims) to get an accurate picture, or something like that, but it sounded like they'd considered it.
I don't think it was the forensic artists' opinion because he has seen the actual skulls. I don't think he was supposed to say anything, but that's my take on things. No one may have caught it but the public, like us.
You bring up a good point about the prosecutor-what the heck was he even doing there? LOL. He probably drew the short straw. :)

I don't believe anything anyone posts as a comment in a blog or comment section in the media, claiming to have tips. If they were valid, then they would have gone to the police with the proof. Why waste time on a blog if it's for real? If it were valid, LE would have interviewed the man's family already,they said he was on their radar. Obviously, if he told his grandchildren about the bodies, I would imagine someone in the family would know who the victims are.
Anyway, I learned that lesson when I followed the Kyron Horman case, that people make stuff up to either get a rise out of someone or attention, and not to believe everything I read, especially in a post

Some people don't like to speak to LE and would rather pass to someone else. We get it all the time on Never Forget Me so you never know

I just got a tip on a case that they hadn't told the police because they thought the police already knew it.

Excellent suggestion. Can you follow up with someone from the group? I've reached out to many of the insular religious groups that are/were in New England but as the North Dakota region of the Hutterites puts them in the isotope identified area, that is an idea well worth pursuing.
Was researching for another UID on another thread and came across this picture. The girl on the far right caught my eye. Please tell me whether you think that girl and the girl in the middle have similar facial features to the last reconstruction of the woman in this case. If so, might give us a place to start with where this woman may have come from.

http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/scene/books/2013/09/14/hutterites/

I can't help it, though.I'm suspect of posts like that. With so many anonymous ways to contact LE nowadays, I don't see why tipsters don't take that avenue, but with human nature, you can never tell what's going through someone's head. I certainly can understand why someone might not contact them if they think they already knew something, but turns out no one did.

Excellent suggestion. Can you follow up with someone from the group? I've reached out to many of the insular religious groups that are/were in New England but as the North Dakota region of the Hutterites puts them in the isotope identified area, that is an idea well worth pursuing.

I wouldn't know where to begin with that and am a midnight sleuther....too busy during the day to even get my own phone calls done!! :(.

I do think it also puts the unrelated girl in the region as well. But what would put them on the east coast? Don't have time right now, but should look at a map of the colonies to see if there are some on that coast. If someone left a colony in the Dakotas would they go that far?

I can't help it, though.I'm suspect of posts like that. With so many anonymous ways to contact LE nowadays, I don't see why tipsters don't take that avenue, but with human nature, you can never tell what's going through someone's head. I certainly can understand why someone might not contact them if they think they already knew something, but turns out no one did.

Maybe an ex con who was afraid to become involved through the police? I remember reading his or her,comments on the blog.It certainly sounded like the crime was witnessed first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper