NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
December 2015 I first spoke with Putnam's family and then with authorities. Last contact with her is from 1974/75. I would be very interested to know who had contact with her in 1991 as that is information that completely contradicts what the family told me. However I also don't think she is the Allenstown woman and am awaiting conformation of my research.

I want to post an update since Cynthia has been mentioned here. Last night a friend of mine informed me that the Allenstown blog found a Cynthia Louise Putnam in NC that was deceased in 1974. I wasn't able to get online to read it until now. All anyone has to do is google now.

Relatives got Cynthia in NamUs. I'm not sure if her profile was ever public yet or not. Someone said her profile was online and is off line now. I've never seen it, I did check, it's not there now. As everyone knows, NamUs will run her social and do a few other things to satisfy that she is in fact missing.

Not long after the relatives got Cynthia in NamUs, the blogger was searching through indexes of the deceased and found entries dated March 19, 1974 for a Cynthia Louise Putnam born in Mass. They then found news articles about what happened. This Cynthia was listed as being 19 when she passed away.

They notified Cynthia's family in VT at the beginning of August as they knew that their Cynthia was also born in MA. They then hoped that authorities and NamUs would find a way to confirm (or rule-out) the Cynthia they found as being their Cynthia for the sake of the family.

My sincere condolences go out to her family. This was not the outcome that I thought they were going to get. I honestly thought she was living her life which has happened in other cases of missing teens back then. My heart breaks. I'm praying that this isn't their Cynthia. If it is, I hope they have an attorney for a lawsuit because they were never notified that their minor daughter had passed away. Cynthia would have just turned 17 2 days before she passed away

Mystery in Allenstown, NH - Cynthia Louise Putnam

I'm not seeing Cynthia Putnam passing away in NC in 1974 on find a grave

Hello everyone! Doris is my aunt, my mom is her twin sister. We just lost my other aunt, Dolores in July. I have posted My Aunt Doris' information onto NamUs but it's not showing yet. I emailed my contact person to find out why it's not listed. I was shocked when I did a search for my aunt, which I have done many times throughout my life, to find you all talking about her and my cousin. I was so happy. Thank you for sharing her information...it means the world to me!

Hello everyone! Doris is my aunt, my mom is her twin sister. We just lost my other aunt, Dolores in July. I have posted My Aunt Doris' information onto NamUs but it's not showing yet. I emailed my contact person to find out why it's not listed. I was shocked when I did a search for my aunt, which I have done many times throughout my life, to find you all talking about her and my cousin. I was so happy. Thank you for sharing her information...it means the world to me!
Welcome and thank you for joining us!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Welcome! Glad that you are here! Maybe Namus is communicating with the police about Doris being missing?

Nice to see you here. Send Carrie an email to ask what's up. She won't answer me.

Yes I did send Carrie an email and she said she was going to look into it

ww.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/two-decades-later-remains-found-identified-missing-mother-cynthia-louise-n647781

Coincidence or what? Could this be both Cynthia Louise's? Check out the case of Kimberly McClean from PA and Lori Erica Ruff who used multiple identities in different states before being identified after her suicide in TX. Strange but true story.

ww.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/two-decades-later-remains-found-identified-missing-mother-cynthia-louise-n647781

Coincidence or what? Could this be both Cynthia Louise's? Check out the case of Kimberly McClean from PA and Lori Erica Ruff who used multiple identities in different states before being identified after her suicide in TX. Strange but true story.

I don't understand what you're saying. Cynthia Day was just identified as a doe

26 Years Later, Remains Identified as Missing Mother Cynthia Louise Day
After 26 years, Melody and Kimberly Day can finally bring their missing mother home.

Authorities in Missouri announced yesterday that remains discovered at the end of August 1990, have been positively identified to be those of Cynthia Louise Day, who vanished that same month from National City, Illinois.

In the end, it was a single fingerprint that made the match, authorities said.

"Emotions are all over the place," Melody Day, one of Cynthia's daughter, told Dateline Tuesday night. "The thought of what actually happened is the saddest."

The announcement was a small comfort for Cynthia's two daughters, but it was no surprise. The sisters have long believed the decomposed remains long kept in a box labeled 'Jane Doe' were their mother's remains.

"The woman's reproductive organs were missing, my mother had a full hysterectomy. There were breaks in the pelvis, my mother broke her pelvis giving birth to me, and again slipping on ice years later," Melody, one of Cynthia's daughters, told Dateline earlier this year.

In the case of Lori Erica Ruff, one woman, had used more than one identity in or from other states before she committed suicide Texas. Had she not left the strong box with details inside, the multiple identities might never have been discovered. In this case, there were two Cynthia Louise's, strikingly similar from publicly known information. Weren't both originally from the New England area? If the similarities are strong enough, perhaps the possibility should be evaluated to see if she could be both missing women. I believe there was a time lapse between the time the first one went missing and the body was found--more than enough time to have assumed a new identity. It sounds "wild," but Lori Erica Ruff from Texas and Washington/Kimberly McClean from PA was "wild"---and real!

We have long known that abducted children are sometimes given new identities...is it so unreal to believe that the same could be done with adults--especially ones who are murdered and unable to say what happened to them? Would anyone have believed the Lori Ruff/Kimberly McClean story if it had been presented as a possibility here without her strongbox proof and the efforts of the SSA investigator? I don't think so.

What I see here is a looooong line of missing people reported (mostly children and young adults) up and done the east coast and progressing westward from PA, NJ, and Delaware into Maryland/West Virginia/Ohio (Cumberland Gap/Applachian Trail) and into the midwest. Admittedly, I don't have all the "missing persons" information to look at, and ,I venture to believe that many went unreported, but it seems to me those areas have a larger than average number of cases which were reported, and I ask myself what do they have in common? Sharing my thoughts for discussion, but not going to defend them from attacks and ridicule. I have found some of the cases date back into the 40's, exacerbating in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. In my mind, it is obvious that one culprit could not be acting completely alone for all those years. So my next question is what do those 40 years have in common, especially in the areas I mentioned? They were all war decades, with both prosperity and depression, but the Cumberland Gap Appalachian Mountains area seemed to me to receive a particularly hard hit.

I am not understanding what you are saying. The different Cynthia Louise's were each identified as being different people.

How were they identified as being different people? You could be right, but what I read is that one went missing in 1974, but the body did not turn up until 1990 or there abouts--16 years after one went missing but only 6 months after the other went missing. A lot can happen in 16 years, especially if happenings are being abetted by other people. There are some real strange cases out there, and Lori Erica Ruff/Kimberly McClean is just one of them that happened to get solved proving that it is a real possibility that needs to be considered in future cases IMO.

If Mr. Wonder, the Louisiana child molester, had died under his assumed name in California, would we have ever known what happened to the man known in Louisiana who was being sought on a fugitive warrant for years? I think the reality is becoming known that identity theft can be used for more things than stealing money. Hiding fugitives and/or persons abducted and being held by someone is just another sick reality we would really prefer not to believe--much like having someone deliberately fly a passenger jet into the World Trade Center, then another one, one into the Pentagon, and another one that crashed before reaching its target. Once something happens, the possibility is no longer a stretch--it is a real possibility even if we would like to think it is not.

Being confirmed as one missing person does not mean she could not be the other one as well--until other things are checked and ruled out. A stretch, yes, but with enough similarities, and 16 years of life and/or time unaccounted for-- still a possibility. Kimberly McClean spent time in her life under 3 different names using one physical body that died in suicide under one of those names. The other names came to light only because of the strongbox where she kept her secrets hidden and the research done on those names after her death.

No, as in each Cynthia was identified as being a different body. There is no possible way Cynthia Louise Putnam was also Cynthia Louise Day. Cynthia Putnam wasn't just reported missing in 1974. She was also found dead in 1974. They had her name.

Cynthia Day disappeared in 1990, and was actually found in 1990, but was not identified until recently.

No, as in each Cynthia was identified as being a different body. There is no possible way Cynthia Louise Putnam was also Cynthia Louise Day. Cynthia Putnam wasn't just reported missing in 1974. She was also found dead in 1974. They had her name.

Cynthia Day disappeared in 1990, and was actually found in 1990, but was not identified until recently.

If that is the case, and two bodies have been positively identified as two separate people, then I have made the mistake.

In the case of Lori Erica Ruff, one woman, had used more than one identity in or from other states before she committed suicide Texas. Had she not left the strong box with details inside, the multiple identities might never have been discovered. In this case, there were two Cynthia Louise's, strikingly similar from publicly known information. Weren't both originally from the New England area? If the similarities are strong enough, perhaps the possibility should be evaluated to see if she could be both missing women. I believe there was a time lapse between the time the first one went missing and the body was found--more than enough time to have assumed a new identity. It sounds "wild," but Lori Erica Ruff from Texas and Washington/Kimberly McClean from PA was "wild"---and real!

We have long known that abducted children are sometimes given new identities...is it so unreal to believe that the same could be done with adults--especially ones who are murdered and unable to say what happened to them? Would anyone have believed the Lori Ruff/Kimberly McClean story if it had been presented as a possibility here without her strongbox proof and the efforts of the SSA investigator? I don't think so.

What I see here is a looooong line of missing people reported (mostly children and young adults) up and done the east coast and progressing westward from PA, NJ, and Delaware into Maryland/West Virginia/Ohio (Cumberland Gap/Applachian Trail) and into the midwest. Admittedly, I don't have all the "missing persons" information to look at, and ,I venture to believe that many went unreported, but it seems to me those areas have a larger than average number of cases which were reported, and I ask myself what do they have in common? Sharing my thoughts for discussion, but not going to defend them from attacks and ridicule. I have found some of the cases date back into the 40's, exacerbating in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. In my mind, it is obvious that one culprit could not be acting completely alone for all those years. So my next question is what do those 40 years have in common, especially in the areas I mentioned? They were all war decades, with both prosperity and depression, but the Cumberland Gap Appalachian Mountains area seemed to me to receive a particularly hard hit.

I agree KaylaraOwl. 2 different people. Cynthia's relatives were not notified because the boyfriend said she was older then she really was. LE messed up that they did not check, even when they had a letter from vital records when Cynthia tried to get her birth certificate.

It is looking like this is their Cynthia that passed but had not had answers the last time I was at City-data. I gave them a few ideas on how they can be sure such as asking if there were photos or any other medical taken and what happened to the vital records letter. I suggested they find an attorney because Cynthia was a minor.

Does anyone happen to have any pictures of the adult woman's teeth? I found two of the girls' teeth accompanying their composites, but was curious to know if the woman's dental records, x rays, or pictures of her teeth were ever put on line. Or if her dental records were in NamUs, if someone saved them before they were removed from there (if they were there)?

I was thinking it might be good to look at cases where there is suspected custodial kidnapping by a mother. Maybe a crazy dad got tired of child payments...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members