NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if RE learned these languages at the Defense Language Institute (DLI), Monterey, California while in military service.....

That is what I am wondering too. Those languages would have been an unusual combination to pick up independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if authorities know something they haven't released to the public yet. Even if there is other children other than his daughter and Lisa that he used to lure women. He seemed done with the single dad thing when he met Eunsoon even turned her down with starting a family, and with the fact he kept Lisa alive, I hope he ended there.

That was my thought exactly awhile back. Single father's with very young children evoke sympathy. It is very easy to snare a woman with maternal instincts and lower self-esteem into a situation with a "helpless father". Even if just helping at first, then charm them into a relationship. The older the children get, the less likely the tactic works, as kids are more independent and talk, thus needing younger children/babies.

Please pardon my ignorance, but I swear I read about him having a connection to Idaho. Besides the car he stole in Preston, I mean. I feel that he was originally from the West coast, so I would be interested in a possible tie to Idaho.

Please pardon my ignorance, but I swear I read about him having a connection to Idaho. Besides the car he stole in Preston, I mean. I feel that he was originally from the West coast, so I would be interested in a possible tie to Idaho.
I thought so too...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm on the same feeling he was from the West Coast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting that in the Boston Globe article, Georgia is not mentioned as a location Robert Evans visited.
Also, Gerry or Jerry Mockerman was not the alias used in Preston, Idaho.
A Manchester ink link article states that "Authorities learned that Evans killed Lisa's mother, Denise Beaudin, then fled New Hampshire with Lisa." I think that is in error as the Boston Globe article does not know where she was killed. https://manchesterinklink.com/denise-beaudin-murder-case-deconstructed/

This may be Evans. I did a search on Larry Vanner, the name he was using when he married Eunsoon and got two addresses for the same man, one in Richmond (where he killed Eunsoon) and another in San Pablo. When I searched the San Pablo address I found this. http://www.usacorporates.com/us/business/larry-vanner/cA3x9t9G It lists and email addy of wattcircuit@yahoo.com. When I did a further search of his "company" I'm thinking it might have been him and he never took it down because he got caught. What are the chances that two men would have lived in Richmond CA with the same name? I suppose it might be fairly high, but this guy only had one other address associated with his name. I also did a search on his previous alias, Gordon Jensen. There were two men using the same name and some of the same work history. Both men claimed to work at Netapp, while one claimed to also have been Lutheran minister. Odd that two men with the exact same name (Gordon Jensen) would have worked at the same company (Netapp) at the same exact time. The Gordon Jensen that's probably a fake also lived in PA, NJ and MN and was related to a Lisa Jensen and a Carole Jensen. Could it be that simple? Could Carole Jensen have been Denise Beaudin's alias? Did he change her name just like he changed Dawn to Lisa?

The Number on that business comes up to Eunsoon Jun. so this is the same guy.
attachment.php

Interesting that in the Boston Globe article, Georgia is not mentioned as a location Robert Evans visited.
Also, Gerry or Jerry Mockerman was not the alias used in Preston, Idaho.
A Manchester ink link article states that "Authorities learned that Evans killed Lisa's mother, Denise Beaudin, then fled New Hampshire with Lisa." I think that is in error as the Boston Globe article does not know where she was killed. https://manchesterinklink.com/denise-beaudin-murder-case-deconstructed/

From the article link above (BBM):
[QUOTE]Authorities learned that Evans killed Lisa’s mother, Denise Beaudin, then fled New Hampshire with Lisa, then a young child, and ended up in California.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall this being set in stone, but did NH authorities come out and state they learned that he killed Denise, and if so, when did they state this? The vibe I picked up was that they assumed this is what happened just from the mere fact she disappeared with a known killer and hasn't been seen since, but they had no other evidence.
If I totally missed this declaration, will someone please point me in the direction where they said they learned Evans for a fact killed Denise and and have evidence? Thank you

Just throwing this JD out there, found in FL in 1969 because it reads just like RE's MO. What do you think? I know FL isn't one of his admitted or known locations, but neither was NH (up until recently) Just trying to retrace some of his earlier, unknown steps.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/661uffl.html

Just throwing this JD out there, found in FL in 1969 because it reads just like RE's MO. What do you think? I know FL isn't one of his admitted or known locations, but neither was NH (up until recently) Just trying to retrace some of his earlier, unknown steps.

That is an interesting case for sure. I'm going to share it with my group,
if that's okay with you.

That is an interesting case for sure. I'm going to share it with my group,
if that's okay with you.

That's fine with me. It may not be related, but the circumstances caught my eye, and FL is filled with campgrounds, RV parks and military bases. That's why I was a bit surprised FL wasn't included in his list of places, it's ripe for folks who want to be on the down low and be transient, especially a handyman who could make a living off his trade.
The woman having a child, dying of blunt force trauma, being wrapped in plastic and being concealed are all similar to his other known victims. Just my observation.

The Boston Globe article states that he was reported to speak "fluent French". It was previously reported that he spoke a foreign language so this possibly significant. Anyone can claim to know Arabic or Chinese and who could tell they were on the level but Americans are more familiar with French and, particularly in New Hampshire, would have the opportunity to use it and be heard using it. I wonder if he really did live in Quebec before moving to NH in the 1970's. At the time, border crossings were easy and no passport was necessary.

There is, of course, the chance that he is really French Canadian. French Canadians I have known who lived in a primarily French speaking environment have a distinct French accent but those who have lived much of their life in English speaking Canada or the US generally speak unaccented English but they sound just a little different than native regional speakers. It could easily be mistaken for a regional accent from a different part of the country.

The Boston Globe article states that he was reported to speak "fluent French". It was previously reported that he spoke a foreign language so this possibly significant. Anyone can claim to know Arabic or Chinese and who could tell they were on the level but Americans are more familiar with French and, particularly in New Hampshire, would have the opportunity to use it and be heard using it. I wonder if he really did live in Quebec before moving to NH in the 1970's. At the time, border crossings were easy and no passport was necessary.

There is, of course, the chance that he is really French Canadian. French Canadians I have known who lived in a primarily French speaking environment have a distinct French accent but those who have lived much of their life in English speaking Canada or the US generally speak unaccented English but they sound just a little different than native regional speakers. It could easily be mistaken for a regional accent from a different part of the country.

Great thoughts.

Alleykins I saw this one the other day and I thought the same thing.. I still have suspicions he was in Florida..but that is just me...

Alleykins I saw this one the other day and I thought the same thing.. I still have suspicions he was in Florida..but that is just me...

I feel the same way, so it's not just you :)
Where he was prior to 1977, when he was first known to be in NH, is anyone's guess at this point, until and unless new information surfaces. It's possible that he failed to mention the places he'd been where they'd find his victims, as a way of steering investigators away from them, like he failed to mention NH and became uncomfortable when that detective asked him if he were from back east. I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm thinking it's the places we don't know about that may harbor his darkest earlier secrets, prior to CA.

For the victims, did investigators seize any computers from Joon's house when RE was arrested?

I wonder if he's a Vietnam veteran who deserted and went to Canada, as tens of thousands of men did. The timeline would fit.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member