NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a brief article on the search, unfortunately the search was only a day and was suspended with no new leads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that translates to "There were no more barrels with bodies in them."

RBBM for focus
Is this pertaining to seized computers or his fingerprints, I just wanted to clarify. Thank you.

Fingerprints-Yes.
Computers-Yes-already checked previously and in line to be double checked.

Also Crime Watch Daily will be 5/31 at 11AM on KTLA5 in the SoCal area.

Fingerprints-Yes.
Computers-Yes-already checked previously and in line to be double checked.
Also Crime Watch Daily will be 5/31 at 11AM on KTLA5 in the SoCal area.
Thank you for clarifying. Glad to hear they'll be searching the computer again.
My theory is that he knew the barrels had been found by the time he was arrested for Joon's murder, that's why he was agitated when the detective mentioned the east and why pleaded guilty for Joon's murder (to keep from his NH connection being found out. If he'd been suspected of that, he'd face the death penalty).
I wonder if they will find anything supporting he searched for new stories/sites referring to Allenstown.

I don't think NH has the death penalty. If they do, they haven't used it in a very long time. (Nor have they had a criminal like Evans on their hands before.) But I suppose it doesn't have to be a realistic fear to have been a powerful potential motivator for RE.

Of course, if he brought the barrel victims from out of state, that might have opened him up to the federal death penalty. I don't know much about that at all.

I don't think NH has the death penalty. If they do, they haven't used it in a very long time. (Nor have they had a criminal like Evans on their hands before.) But I suppose it doesn't have to be a realistic fear to have been a powerful potential motivator for RE.

Of course, if he brought the barrel victims from out of state, that might have opened him up to the federal death penalty. I don't know much about that at all.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/new-hampshire-law/new-hampshire-capital-punishment-laws.html

Yep, they have it, they just don't use it much, but I'm thinking with four victims, RE most likely would have been an exception.

I've been thinking why was Denise Beaudin not reported missing until 35 years after she was last seen. Also is there anyway to find out who the father of the oldest and youngest girl in the barrel is?

I've been thinking why was Denise Beaudin not reported missing until 35 years after she was last seen.

According to news articles, Denise's family didn't report her missing because they thought she left town due to financial troubles. It wasn't unusual or a red flag for people to go long periods of time without hearing from someone back then. No contact didn't mean someone was missing or had met foul play. Also, Denise was an adult, so even if her family had tried to report her missing, LE may not have taken a report because adults can go missing if they want.

Also is there anyway to find out who the father of the oldest and youngest girl in the barrel is?
Not without a DNA sample from the father to compare it to, like how they discovered RE was the middle child's father.

I think that translates to "There were no more barrels with bodies in them."

I'm so glad that we were able to know of the second barrels existence. If you think about it, the odds could have easily been against it being found with the 15 year time gap and it containing small remains, and also when the first set of remains were found in 1985 it was totally overlooked. The fact that the barrel sat there for 15 years in an area where bodies had been found in barrels blows my mind!

I've been thinking why was Denise Beaudin not reported missing until 35 years after she was last seen. Also is there anyway to find out who the father of the oldest and youngest girl in the barrel is?

It was a more naive time for the missing. Family members that live far away sent letters, and when those letters stopped the mindset was "oh, they must be too busy to write." Runaway's weren't always reported missing, authorities would sometimes tell families "they will come home when they feel like it". What I've read a lot in the recent cases of the old unreported missing was family members hoping that the missing just moved away, got married, had children, and were living a happy life somewhere. That they left to escape a bad situation and just haven't reached out.

The case that most infuriates me is how little authorities did in Suzanne Sevakis's abduction. Remember her as Sharon Marshall? Suzanne's mom was married to Franklin Floyd briefly, she went to jail for minor charges, and he fled with her children. Authorities wouldn't allow her to file a missing persons report because they said he was the "step-father" even though he never legally adopted them, and that he had the right to take them. (palm to face!) He abandoned Suzanne's sisters and her infant brother is still missing. I wonder why he doesn't have a missing case file.

In Denise's case, Evans worked his slimey charm at Thanksgiving dinner and convinced her family they were in deep financially, so when they went to her house on December 1st to find it vacant they assumed it was because of that.

He'd been arrested for kiting checks, so I'm pretty sure no convincing was needed. And if they thought that's why they left town, they wouldn't expect to hear from them for quite a while because contact could lead to them being traced.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I just watched the Crime Watch episodes, and I had a few questions.
First of all, Strelzin stated unequivocally that Denise Beaudin is dead. Do they have actual evidence of this or are they just assuming this because she hasn't been heard from all this time? Since RE is dead and most likely the killer, stating that they know for sure due to evidence, without revealing what, isn't going to jeopardize anything.
At the end of part 2 they stated that only the three related victims were unidentified now. Did I miss something? Was the middle child ID'd and I missed it?

I just watched the Crime Watch episodes, and I had a few questions.
First of all, Strelzin stated unequivocally that Denise Beaudin is dead. Do they have actual evidence of this or are they just assuming this because she hasn't been heard from all this time? Since RE is dead and most likely the killer, stating that they know for sure due to evidence, without revealing what, isn't going to jeopardize anything.
At the end of part 2 they stated that only the three related victims were unidentified now. Did I miss something? Was the middle child ID'd and I missed it?

They assume that Denise is dead because it would appear that all of BE's girlfriends end up dead, no one has heard from her, and her child was in the possession of BE. <modsnip> I agree with them. Denise is likely dead.

And when they show the three victims without including BE's daughter they are playing towards the fact that those three would have been seen just together at some point prior to the mother meeting BE. The third child has only been identified as BE's daughter. They do not know any other information about her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with SillyGoose. From what has been said It looks like he ended up killing every woman he was with.

I agree with SillyGoose. From what has been said It looks like he ended up killing every woman he was with.

With that being said, there is that sighting of him in CA with a woman and multiple children and Lisa's statement to police after Evans abandoned her that she used to have brothers and sisters but they died while camping after eating "grass mushrooms". Why he kept Lisa? I believe did the same thing with his daughter. Kept one with him and got rid of the rest. Having a child with him was his pawn to his next victim. He could have had other children with the middle child's mother. Does anyone know of any more mother-child unidentified cases from this time period?

With that being said, there is that sighting of him in CA with a woman and multiple children and Lisa's statement to police after Evans abandoned her that she used to have brothers and sisters but they died while camping after eating "grass mushrooms". Why he kept Lisa? I believe did the same thing with his daughter. Kept one with him and got rid of the rest. Having a child with him was his pawn to his next victim. He could have had other children with the middle child's mother. Does anyone know of any more mother-child unidentified cases from this time period?

My concern about listing only the three related victims as remaining unidentified is that people may extrapolate that the middle child has been identified and stop looking for her identity. We still need to ID her and find her family, because that could lead to more victims, namely her mother. It could also potentially lead to discovering who the other victims are. I think that was handled improperly, but that's just my take on things.

<mod snip>

We (me and two of the other admins of my Facebook group) are searching for and researching posts on family finder forums. There is one case I think we are close to submitting.

There are a few cases of woman and children going missing on the missing person's pages, but they don't really fit with BE's MO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member