Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been verified the FB account is actually the stepdad? His "friends" are all strippers or in the *advertiser censored* industry from what I can tell? Definitely gross.

I hope she ran away and is ok.

I wondered the same thing. If that is his page, he's not very bright. Geeez, he has no privacy settings set on it and everyone could view it which brings me to a possible motive.

What if Celina discovered his FB page?

I just started following the story. OMG, not happy with what you discovered. Just learned about the FB page as I was posting elsewhere.

If she discovered the page, I'm sure she would be upset and very confused. I guess I will take a look at it soon.

I don't like the fact she was sitting on the computer and then disappears. This scares me. I'm a bit calmer that a friend said she wouldn't go off with a stranger but these are just kids.

Sending my prayers out to sweet little Celina that she is safe.
Lets bring her home.

Goz

But tight-lipped police investigators revealed little about the probe beyond that Wednesday, despite a flurry of activity in and around the three-story house where Celina lives with her mother and stepfather. Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said it is still being treated as a missing persons case.

"We are still desperately looking for her," Young said.

She wouldn't comment when asked why an Amber Alert was never issued for the girl, even though the FBI said it had enlisted a four- to six-person "child abduction rapid deployment team" to pitch in. Earlier in the day, state police Sgt. Sheldon Belanger, the lead investigator in the case, said Celina's disappearance did not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert and wasn't considered suspicious.

Police were going through phone and computer records at Celina's home, he said.
Those who know Celina say it's unlikely she ran away.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/28689988/detail.html#ixzz1TOhzrlB9

I am telling you I think her stepfather did something to her. His comment about "She better get her butt home" when asked what he'd say to her is not normal to me. I'm sorry but the child could possibly be kidnapped and that is all you have to say? I hope that they find her soon. :(

it is his facebook, unless there is some vast conspiracy...

the oldest comment you can view (not positive that means it was shortly after creation, could be tho) has a reply from KL, so she was obviously aware he was on facebook, add to that fact that his wall and friends are public and you have a seriously inappropriate situation.

i have never seen a public profile similar to his, im sure thousands of guys have private pages like that, but it is exceedingly rare to see someone so open about it on their page where they also have links to some friends (the father of a close friend of celina's is a "friend" on this page)

TWO questions i am having a hard time finding, i know they are available facts, probably in this thread but i cant seem to find them;

what time was she reported missing? either thru the call to police or the time that he reported to have looked in on her?

and - what is the mother's name?

THANX for any answers

Really quickly, because I'm just catching up. It is still safe and small, and cell service is like a miracle when it happens. My iphone gets 2 bars in one corner, and no one else gets any signal. If you see people pulled over, it's either to spot a moose or make a call in on of the few spots where you can.

We have had a home in North Stratford, NH for 12 years. That's below Colebrook, which Stewartstown and Stark can overlap with. The boundaries up there are fuzzy. It's all woods, rural, and even Colebrook with its riteaid and Dunkies (no McD's) isn't "big". It is safe, even in Lancaster, which has a McD's. There's nowhere to go. You can't just walk to meet someone, really. Our nearest neighbor (on Route 3, no less) is a quarter mile away. I wish I could show how limited the options for an 11 yo on foot would be. This is scary. My thoughts were that she would have had to met an older teen with a car, online, but she doesn't seem the type. Without transportation, I don't see how she could have gone far on her own.

There are tons of people up and down on the CT River, so LE will have many eyes. This, too, is a small community, over many acres and towns, but still small. I hope she gets home, safe and sound.

Exactly krazy,,,there is no where to go. And I doubt she even had a cell phone because they mostly do not work.

The SF appears to be very very not normal? Is that the word I am looking for???

I hope today she comes home.

I am surprised that no one else remembers this AAG who "isn't telling us everything." I recognized her instantly. Deja vu.

She NEVER tells us ANYTHING. You can't get anything from her. Notta. Zilch. Nothing.

I like this woman. This isn't like some officials... who you can "read."

She could say "we believe she is alive" and then announce a body found 2 hours later.

She is totally unpredictable and unreadable. She is GOOD.

Please don't put too much into her saying that their goal is still to bring Celina home alive.

Honestly... she would say that even if they had a body... if it meant preserving the investigation.

Here are the videos:

Wednesday about Celina:

‪Officials Hold News Conference In Girl's Disappearance‬‏ - YouTube

April 27 - Announcing Krista Dittmeyer's body had been found (hours after denying it)

‪Krista Dittmeyer: Found Deceased 4/27/11‬‏ - YouTube

April 28 - Announcing the autopsy was done and there was no cause or manner of death 6 - 8 weeks for toxicology to determine anything.

‪Uncut: News Conference Following Dittmeyer Autopsy‬‏ - YouTube

2 weeks later - May 11 - arrests made for murder So much for that 6-8 weeks before they could have a cause or manner of death...

‪3 Charged In Connection With Woman's Death‬‏ - YouTube

Well she sure had me fooled, maybe she should be a politician.... cross my heart I'm usually good about getting a read on people.

I don't understand why the authorities are so deceptive when it comes to cases like this. Knowledge is power and the more people know the more the better equipped they are to help LE save these children. For example, if the authorities know that a child has been threatening to leave to be closer to her ill father, people in that area would be more likely to be on the look out in that area. YKIM?

I hate it when LE won't give a straight answer, but if it helps the case I am all for it.

Does it mean anything one way or the other when they the officials lie? Like are they more likely to lie if they have a poi or have solid leads? Or do they do it so they aren't giving out facts that they can absolutely without a doubt confirm, like they didn't want to say anything about Krista D. until they were absolutely 100% sure it was her because they didn't want to upset her family or something?

Catching that about the AAG really is a good catch, who knows what is or isn't true when it comes to LE's statements in cases like this, but at least in this case we do know a bit about the messenger.

I did have another question for you: It looks like you said that you liked the AAG. In all honesty I am sick of public officials lying, so I don't know that can ever be a good thing. I am not at all attacking you, that's just an interesting point of view that I haven't ever considered so I'm just trying to understand it. Nowadays whenever I hear people like that lying I think they are doing it to cover up a mistake, I have become a major cynic since joining Websleuths. :)

Can't believe that such a small community could be hit by another tragedy, I can't imagine what this is like for them.

Anyone know:
... if CC's mother & sister were in the house when step-dad said goodnight to CC?
... if they were there in the morning when he woke CC?
... if CC's mom works & if so, the night-shift?

Regardless if step-dad did anything to harm CC, he's still a sleezy character.

What kind of dad, step or not, has girls from *advertiser censored* sights as his FB friends?
He still likes dating-clubs & is still interested in woman, even after marrying CC's mom.
Does the guy have a job?

Considering this town is so close to the Canadian border, I'm really troubled that there is no coverage about Celina's disappearance in the Canadian news :maddening:

If she was abducted you would think the FBI would alert the borders and Canadian media to put her picture out there even though I don't think she would've crossed the border without a passport. I found nothing so far which makes me wonder if they know a lot more than they said yesterday at the news conference. :sigh:

No kidding! Interesting group of "friends" he has.

Did anyone notice that he has a post on FB that says he is using Zoosk? Isnt Zoosk a dating app? All his FB friends look pretty trashy to me. Totally unappropriate for a married man with children living in the house.

Considering this town is so close to the Canadian border, I'm really troubled that there is no coverage about Celina's disappearance in the Canadian news :maddening:

If she was abducted you would think the FBI would alert the borders and Canadian media to put her picture out there even though I don't think she would've crossed the border without a passport. I found nothing so far which makes me wonder if they know a lot more than they said yesterday at the news conference. :sigh:
I live in the general area - northern NH. You could cross the border in northern NH/VT in hundreds (thousands?) of places completely unnoticed. Walk through the woods, wade across the river, etc. - and right in broad daylight. I believe the involvement of the FBI may be in part due to their ability to get the RCMP involved more readily. LE in border areas already does work together to some degree, but having the FBI involved probably makes a lot more Canadian LE resources available as well.

FWIW, radio stations and TV from NH and VT (Burlington) is listened to/watched by people in the Canadian border towns. Satellite TV especially is easy to receive in Canada by using a US friend (heck, even the dealers will "fix you up") as a proxy for the subscription. Not technically legal, but done all the time.

Let's hope they find a lost kid wandering around the woods, run away to a relative, or holed up at a friend's house.

If she was taken, I don't believe that she would be brought across the border, even, God forbid, in the trunk of a vehicle. Even when you could cross without a passport not too long ago, you never knew if the border folks would want a look in your trunk. At least when I would cross, in NH, NY, and MI, they seemed to single out cars at random to pull off to the side for a closer look at trunks, etc. Sometimes you'd go right through with barely a glance at drivers license, or questions about others in the car, other times you get lots of questions about what your business is, what's in the car, or as I said, they'd have you pull off for an inspection. An abductor would not likely want to risk that type of scrutiny, even more so now that you need passport to cross.

Which leaves us what... South or east into Maine? Lots of places to get lost in ME...traveling south they'd probably go 91? Which would put her down near me. My husband works right along 91 near several Busy interchanges, I'll see if he will print off some of her posters and get them up around the area at lunch today. You never know. I'm kind of doubtful this was an outside abduction, but just in case it was.... :(

If that is stepdad's FB, it is seriously creepy to me, for a married man with step-daughters involved. It is all about "meeting hot women" and his "friends" seems to be "professional" women for the most part. Could be a huge coincidence...but I don't believe in those very much...

One older post does refer to living on Main Street in Stewartstown...

Regardless if step-dad did anything to harm CC, he's still a sleezy character.

What kind of dad, step or not, has girls from *advertiser censored* sights as his FB friends?
He still likes dating-clubs & is still interested in woman, even after marrying CC's mom.
Does the guy have a job?

I too wonder if he has a job or if he just sits at home all day on the computer. The mom works part-time at a consignment shop, which probably pays very little. When I saw the mom under the blanket, with the SF's arm around her, my very first gut reaction about her demeanor was "beaten down"--perhaps not physically, but in other ways. We know that certain types of men prey on vulnerable women who have kids. Wow, I could write a book on the tricks men use to gain access (because of a sister who was abused for years by a trusted clergyman). Maybe the mom is totally computer illiterate and he has no fear of her discovering his FB posts. Or, equally as troubling, he does not care if she does know.

Times have drastically changed. At age 11, I was barely out of the doll-playing stage and really still a "baby."

I also found that Wendell Noyes's uncle (his father's brother) is a registered sex offender who is not in compliance. His victim was under 13 years of age. I have not yet found any familial relationship with the other 2 Noyes men registered as sex offenders in the State of VT, but Norman Noyes and Gordon Noyes are related to Wendell as brother and uncle.

Do we know anymore about this? Has LE checked them out?

If that is stepdad's FB, it is seriously creepy to me, for a married man with step-daughters involved. It is all about "meeting hot women" and his "friends" seems to be "professional" women for the most part. Could be a huge coincidence...but I don't believe in those very much...

One older post does refer to living on Main Street in Stewartstown...

if you take a good look at the page it is obviously and without question his. and regardless of what if any connection this has to the current situation - it is also obviously an example of a person that has questionable abilities to determine reasonable behavior. (well, no ability to be honest)

Sadly, there seem to be some parallels developing here to the 2008 Brooke Bennett case (northern VT girl sexually abused by stepfather/uncle/others, then kidnapped and murdered by them).

I live in the general area - northern NH. You could cross the border in northern NH/VT in hundreds (thousands?) of places completely unnoticed. Walk through the woods, wade across the river, etc. - and right in broad daylight. I believe the involvement of the FBI may be in part due to their ability to get the RCMP involved more readily. LE in border areas already does work together to some degree, but having the FBI involved probably makes a lot more Canadian LE resources available as well.

FWIW, radio stations and TV from NH and VT (Burlington) is listened to/watched by people in the Canadian border towns. Satellite TV especially is easy to receive in Canada by using a US friend (heck, even the dealers will "fix you up") as a proxy for the subscription. Not technically legal, but done all the time.

Let's hope they find a lost kid wandering around the woods, run away to a relative, or holed up at a friend's house.

I was thinking more towards our National News like CBC and CTV. I haven't seen anything online yet about Celina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18