Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the days drag on with no new info from LE, I'm more and more convinced that LE is completely in the dark on this case.

COLEBROOK, N.H. — The mother of an 11-year-old girl whose body was recovered from a river in northern New Hampshire is going to be briefed by investigators.

Luisia Cass' employer and friend, Jeannine Brady, says Cass and other family members planned to meet with investigators Thursday morning.

Celina Cass was last seen alive at her West Stewartstown home July 25. Her body was later recovered a week later from the Connecticut River.

Police haven't said how Celina died, but her death is considered suspicious. A reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest.

From http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/1819fadcf07d4ff9a5eb4d89f3fc91d7/NH--Missing-Girl-NH/

I'm wondering if LE has decided to give the family results of celina's autopsy. I feel sorry for families that are kept so far out of the investigator's loop that it becomes news worthy when they decide to tell the family some sort of information.

Quote:
COLEBROOK, N.H. — The mother of an 11-year-old girl whose body was recovered from a river in northern New Hampshire is going to be briefed by investigators.

Luisia Cass' employer and friend, Jeannine Brady, says Cass and other family members planned to meet with investigators Thursday morning.

Celina Cass was last seen alive at her West Stewartstown home July 25. Her body was later recovered a week later from the Connecticut River.

Police haven't said how Celina died, but her death is considered suspicious. A reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest.

From http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...ssing-Girl-NH/
If they are meeting with investigators today maybe we will finally get some answers soon!!!

On TV interview clips yesterday, both Mom and Mo in Law said CC stayed close to Mom, and I understood this to mean, physically close to Mom, even in apt.
They also mentioned CC’s ever present blanket.

I wonder when CC’s blanket and close-to behaviors began or accelerated?
----Pre-WN?
---Pre-WN dating Mom?
---Pre-WN’s move into apt?
---Pre WN & LN marriage?

If WN’s mom did not know CC’s family before then, she w/not have seen these behaviors begin or accelerate.

Maybe LN c/h/seen CC’s blanket and close-to behaviors start or accelerate but did not attach significance to them initially, or until CC’s disappearance or her remains being located.

Not sure what weight to place on their comments, sometimes dogs bark up the wrong tree.

Thanks, Kilnwood & DLT88, re observation about CC’s blanket behavior.

Possibly there is a connection, but I respectfully believe that you are trying to construct a Beverly Hills mansion out of three nails and a two-by-four.

Despite the odd blanket statement, Celina was almost certainly not flapping around town in her blanket as a normal thing. There is nothing, NOTHING, beyond this single ambiguous and creepy statement that supports this idea. No pictures, no statements from anyone else, no blanket in the missing person's description, nothing.

As for her and her mom being physically and emotionally very close, I see nothing unusual about this at all. I work with kids for a living. Some moms and daughters are all over each other, hugging and kissing, holding hands, acting like they are best buddies rather than mother and daughter. The hip thing here in Texas (and really weird to me the first time I heard it) is moms and daughters who call each other "Sis."

Are these close physical relationships a sign of abuse? I don't think so. I am more inclined to see them as mom wanting to be her daughter's best friend forever.

But then, on the other hand, you could well be correct.

I'm wondering if LE has decided to give the family results of celina's autopsy. I feel sorry for families that are kept so far out of the investigator's loop that it becomes news worthy when they decide to tell the family some sort of information.

My opinion.... they want mom to shut up and stop asking embarassing questions.

9/20
I believe TV reporter Coveno's voice over said Mom said she makes the one hour drive to Lancaster every week,
using gas and time she can't afford.

Mom's friend announces, LE plan to meet w. CC family Th. morning.

9/22
LE meets w. CC family, this morning.

Q:
Was whether LE meeting was arranged before or after TV interview aired?
Is timing Mere Coincidence, PR move (some = cynical)?

Regardless of when scheduled, I hope ---
----LE provides some answers that comfort Mom,
--- LE announces some info for us (an arrest?),
--- St/NH has suff info to prosecute.

9/20
I believe TV reporter Coveno's voice over said Mom said she makes the one hour drive to Lancaster every week,
using gas and time she can't afford.

Mom's friend announces, LE plan to meet w. CC family Th. morning.

9/22
LE meets w. CC family, this morning.

Q:
Was whether LE meeting was arranged before or after TV interview aired?
Is timing Mere Coincidence, PR move (some = cynical)?

Regardless of when scheduled, I hope ---
----LE provides some answers that comfort Mom,
--- LE announces some info for us (an arrest?),
--- St/NH has suff info to prosecute.

BBM

If you listen closely the reporter say's Louisa is required, to make the hour long drive to Lancaster every couple of weeks for questioning and updates.

This is at 2.28 on the second interview. http://www.wmur.com/video/29250275/detail.html

I just hope the meeting this morning with investigators was not another of her required meetings for questioning and updates and if their is any new information it is made public.

Re my above post speculating that LE meeting w CC family
may foreshadow a public announcment by LE or St./NH to public.
On further thought, maybe not.

Were they waiting on final autopsy/TOX results, before meeting w fam?
Were they waiting to meet w. family, before making an arrest?

W/they wait until arrest has bn made and perp is in custody, before publicly announcing it?

Did anyone specify who fam w/meet w---
LE only, or
also w. investigators from prosecutor or AG's office
and/or pros -AGA.?

Also, who was woman in 9/20 TV clip interviewing Mom?
Where was it?
Judging by several flyer-posters on wall on left side of screeen, (i.e. OSHA, Fed. Wage & Hour, EEOC, local business license, etc.),
appeared to be a place of business.
Maybe consignment shop where Mom works?
So maybe other woman on camera was the shop owner-friend, Jeannine Brady?
Or other relationship, friend, family? Initials pls?

thx in adv

:twocents: IF for some reason that blanket is "wrapped around" your hands/arms & or feet and perhaps including your face & neck area, then IF again the blanket is a heavy H2O "retainer" ie. a "horse blanket", a military blanked or even the "cotton weave" type blanket, it COULD drag one down. Think what one experiences when caught in fresh H2O weeds or even seaweeds, as one struggles, usually in SHEER PANIC, the organic material seems to tighten. Another real life experience: trying to get that "buried" item from the grips of a twisted sheet or blanket after washing machine or dryer action, difficult & time consuming......time consuming while under H2O isn't a good thing and trying to untangle ANYTHING while panicking is HARD!
Of course, finding a body within a "tied by a rope, tied by "end knots" or duct taped" blanket or snuggly should send some "suspicious" vibes.:waitasec:

:twocents: IMVHO, The brief scenarios above are just a possibility WHY the death remains suspicious, the COD & MOD might be just as "tangled" as the proverbial weeds within the water. :truce:

But if CC fell into the water while clutching a blanket wrapped around her, woudnt the natural reflex be to let go of the blanket before she even hit the water, and wouldn't the blanket fan out behind her as it hit the water before sinking? A natural reaction would be to throw your arms straight up if you lost your balance and was about to fall into the water, in an attempt to regain your balance.

May not be relevant to Celina's case, but I developed very early and often wandered my house with a blanket or throw draped around me, because I was self-conscious. Not because I had ever been abused or been looked at in a "funny" way by anyone inside my home. My mom knew why I did it, but she was extremely sensitive to anything to do with any of us and she checked with me to make sure. Just saying that if Celina did this, it does not have to mean she felt threatened at home. JMO

Chris Texas posted:
“Despite the odd blanket statement, Celina was almost certainly not flapping around town in her blanket as a normal thing. There is nothing, NOTHING, beyond this single ambiguous and creepy statement that supports this idea. No pictures, no statements from anyone else, no blanket in the missing person's description, nothing.” BBM
“… her mom being physically and emotionally very close” ( = not a sign of abuse.) BBM
………………………………............................................................................

Chris Texas, sorry. Not trying to build a mansion, just taking the few tools & materials
(info, which is pretty much a only a couple nails & a 2x4) we have re CC and
spreading them on the ground to see what could be made w. them
(speculation toward a poss case).

Did not mean for earlier post to conclude only poss. was CC was being abused by WN (or anyone).
My post s/h/bn clearer. Let’s try this:

In the apt, CC’s combined
1. self-blanketing and
2. staying physically close to Mom.
may reflect ---

A.. she both
1) was a cold blooded child (NH is cool, even in summer, esp at night, maybe used mostly then.) and
2) was a Mama’s girl………………………………......…............................................................................................... = possibility

B. she felt uncomfortable around someone in the apt, e.g. WN-SF.
1) as simple as CC did not want to sit next to him, b/c, say, his nose whistled as he breathed,
or he wore funky-to-her cologne, or he constantly hummed. …………………………….........................................…......… = possibility

C. she was being “groomed” for sexual abuse or it may have progressed beyond grooming ………………………………..............= possibility

D. some, all, or none of the above………………….……............................................................................................…………= possibility

Not sure how much weight to place on Mom & Mo in Law’s comments& how to interp;
sometimes dogs bark up the wrong tree. (like I said in my earlier post)

CT, thanks for nudging me to re-read my own post and to clarify.
Appreciate your feedback, your comments on my posts are welcome anytime.

WEST STEWARTSTOWN - Celina Cass' grandmother said she has been notified that the 10-year-old girl's death will now officially be classified a homicide.

Laro said there was no indication that the state is any closer to making an arrest in Celina's death.

"They did call from the Attorney General's Office and say they do have the autopsy back and it is definitely a homicide," Laro said Thursday afternoon.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young had no comment when asked if Celina's death is now being classified a homicide.

Young also wouldn't say whether the full toxicology report is completed, but did say more information may be released soon.

"It's likely I will have more information tomorrow," Young said.

Full article at the Union Times.

Wow. I guess this was expected, but still shocking.

Yes, it is. I'm sad and very mad. I may have to step away from the computer for the rest of the day.

I'm so sorry, Celina. :(

:grouphug:

OMG this makes me physically ill.... I am so sorry lovely Celina.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ