Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't it been long enough that the toxicology should be back? Seems it has been forever. jmo

If I counted correctly, it will be 8 weeks next Monday, which should be the longest it should take.

i still think a covering may have been put onto celina by rescuers before she was taken out of the water and there may be no blanket put onto her by her killer.

Whether there was a blanket or not is something that has bothered me from the beginning, and this is the first time I've actually believed that there WAS a blanket. I wonder if LE told them that, or that they're going by the same source that we all got 'the blanket' from many weeks ago? And yes, you would think that the blanket would have to have been secured some way for it to stay around her in the water. Unless it was one of those snuggy things and not a real blanket? I'm trying to think this through... if you've got a blanket wrapped around you and you fall in the water, can it stay wrapped around you, maybe enough so that you can't even get out of it once it's wet?

:twocents: IF for some reason that blanket is "wrapped around" your hands/arms & or feet and perhaps including your face & neck area, then IF again the blanket is a heavy H2O "retainer" ie. a "horse blanket", a military blanked or even the "cotton weave" type blanket, it COULD drag one down. Think what one experiences when caught in fresh H2O weeds or even seaweeds, as one struggles, usually in SHEER PANIC, the organic material seems to tighten. Another real life experience: trying to get that "buried" item from the grips of a twisted sheet or blanket after washing machine or dryer action, difficult & time consuming......time consuming while under H2O isn't a good thing and trying to untangle ANYTHING while panicking is HARD!
Of course, finding a body within a "tied by a rope, tied by "end knots" or duct taped" blanket or snuggly should send some "suspicious" vibes.:waitasec:

:twocents: IMVHO, The brief scenarios above are just a possibility WHY the death remains suspicious, the COD & MOD might be just as "tangled" as the proverbial weeds within the water. :truce:

Whether there was a blanket or not is something that has bothered me from the beginning, and this is the first time I've actually believed that there WAS a blanket. I wonder if LE told them that, or that they're going by the same source that we all got 'the blanket' from many weeks ago? And yes, you would think that the blanket would have to have been secured some way for it to stay around her in the water. Unless it was one of those snuggy things and not a real blanket? I'm trying to think this through... if you've got a blanket wrapped around you and you fall in the water, can it stay wrapped around you, maybe enough so that you can't even get out of it once it's wet?

BBM

I'm almost sure during the initial questioning of the family, before Celina body was found, one of the questions LE would have asked everyone involved was if they knew of anything that was missing from the house.

If no one that was questioned initially noticed the blanket was missing, when Celina's body was found LE could have again asked LN and the others if possibly a "blue" blanket was missing from the house to establish if the blanket came from the house or not. Thus possibly narrowing the suspect list. Obviously if the blanket could not be tied back to the house or someone in the house, then there is the possibility that someone else that was not in the house that night was involved. That is not saying that a perp that was not inside of the house that night could not have abducted Celina and taken the "blue" blanket with them from the house. But if no one from the house knew where the blanket came from, it sort of eliminates the people from inside the house from being involved. If you can follow what I'm trying to say.

This could have been the way LN, ER and others knew that Celina was found wrapped in a "blue" blanket. I guess the question I have now is did the blanket come from the house or not.

JMO

Based on mom's statements, Celina was known to be wrapped in a blanket quite frequently at home.

IF she were wrapped up in a blanket, that suggests to me that the perp was someone who knew her very well. Perhaps it was an accident, but the perp wanted her in a blanket because he/she knew she loved her blanket. Not to mention, it is easier to move and dispose of a blanketed item in the middle of the night/early morning.

I've thought it was WN from the minute I saw the first few postings. And that was even before his psychiatric history came out (and still doesn't matter to me). I also think his flailing on the ground (as others here have pointed out as well) was a semi-reenactment of what happened.

MOO and all other disclaimers...

In reviewing some earlier articles, I found this interesting. The focus, 2 days later, was on the Con. River. That's where her body was found.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/27/search-for-missing-new-hampshire-girl-focuses-on-connecticut-river/#ixzz1TL71EJ2o

This is the title of the above article in the link (search-for-missing-new-hampshire-girl-focuses-on-connecticut-river/#ixzz1TL71EJ2o).

Also, this:

At midday Wednesday, about a mile north of town, five officers with the U.S. Fish and Game Department searched the woods behind an apartment building. They carried bags and boxes, but it was unclear if they collected anything.

The reporter say that Eunice Richards "noted" that when Celina was pulled from the river she was wrapped in a blue blanket. (0.29 in the video)

Eunice also says herself "She always had a blanket wrapped around her, so that was not unusual, for her to have a blanket, with her"

Yes it would have been nice if WMUR wouldn't have edited and cut the section where Eunice herself says it was blue blanket. But unfortunately sometime when people are interviewed they go round and round and don't really get to the point or they don't get the point across so it is understandable to the viewer, so then the voice over from the reporter telling the story is inserted.

JMO

Why would a young girl always have a blanket around her? Even in the summer heat? To me that's a kind of a red flag that she doesn't like the way 'someone' is looking at her -- at home.

I tend to think it was secured in some way because when they found her body, they said the divers saw something that made the death look suspicious. If the blanket/snuggie/whatever was situated where a rational group of people could look at it and think she just fell into the water while it was wrapped around her, then they wouldn't have declared the death suspicious at that time.

I was always thinking that she was in the blanket as if you opened the blanket on the floor, placed someone at one end, and then "rolled" them forward so they were wrapped snuggly from ankle to shoulder or head. A person cannot wrap themselves up that way and walk outside like that. I don't even think you can stand up if you rolled yourself up several times in a blanket like that. She may have had that blanket with her a lot, but someone wrapped her in it in a way she could not have done herself -- is what I'm thinking.

I have a feeling that when the details do come out from LE that we are all going to be sick!
and I am feeling really sure that police, LN and EN do know or have a very good idea of what happened, how she died, and who did it. It has been insinuated by LE that there was foul play, it is being investigated as a homicide and she was placed in the river. If the ME and police had no other conclusions, then why would they have released her body for cremation so quick?

It's also sad that if they really didn't know, she could never be exhumed for further investigation.

After seeing the interviews, I don't have any thoughts that LN has any involvement other than poor decision making by choosing WN as a husband and SF. She clearly shows pain and remorse and to me saying, lock him up! She's tired of nothing being done.

I believe WN is out of the hospital he checked himself into. That hospital was in Concord NH and now he is in Berlin, NH.

I have a feeling that when the details do come out from LE that we are all going to be sick!
and I am feeling really sure that police, LN and EN do know or have a very good idea of what happened, how she died, and who did it. It has been insinuated by LE that there was foul play, it is being investigated as a homicide and she was placed in the river. If the ME and police had no other conclusions, then why would they have released her body for cremation so quick?

It's also sad that if they really didn't know, she could never be exhumed for further investigation.

After seeing the interviews, I don't have any thoughts that LN has any involvement other than poor decision making by choosing WN as a husband and SF. She clearly shows pain and remorse and to me saying, lock him up! She's tired of nothing being done.

I believe WN is out of the hospital he checked himself into. That hospital was in Concord NH and now he is in Berlin, NH.

I agree that LE/ME gave her body up quite quickly - i have thought about that fact quite often.

In the interview (11:00 p.m. broadcast) WN's mother referring to WN said, "He doesn't want to talk. He's afraid."

Afraid of what?

He doesn't need to have a valid fear to be afraid. He has paranoid schizophrenia, right?

On the other hand, he could have a valid fear, perhaps of retaliation from someone who might have threatened him if he told. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they might not be out to get you.

And although a lot of us thought he might have signed himself into the hospital to avoid questioning or prosecution, he might also have signed himself in because he had been threatened, had a psychotic break or who knows what.

I agree that LE/ME gave her body up quite quickly - i have thought about that fact quite often.

"Authorities have consistently described the visual condition of the body as suspicious, beginning with their first news conference upon finding Cass. It could be that the girl was unclothed or that her body suffered some obvious traumatic injury. In order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, authorities are keeping the details to themselves."

"Young acknowledged that investigators are looking at the possibility Cass encountered a sexual predator. While encouraging West Stewartstown residents to be vigilant, Young stopped short of suggesting there's any risk of danger to the townspeople."

http://news.yahoo.com/celina-cass-death-cause-undetermined-body-condition-suspicious-210400911.html

I've always wondered why they released her so fast and said they didn't know anything. I came across this article and the paragraphs I quoted, made me really start to believe they do know and not saying. Maybe part of their strategy to nail the suspect using kid gloves due to his condition and actions throughout. :fence:

A few things stuck me as odd,but the one that confused me the most was the wedding band on Louisa's finger still.

With so many questions and no comment on wendall I do not understand the ring being there at all. Everytime you saw it wouldnt you choke up?

SBM

I initially noticed the ring as well. After reviewing the video, it appears that the ring was not being worn on her ring finger but on her middle finger instead. Since the video resolution is pretty low, it could have been any kind of band and not her wedding band. (I have a several similar bands.) LN just strikes me as someone who wears jewelry with attached meaning or symbolism and judging by her intense reaction to Wendell's name, my bet is that any wedding band was replaced with this one.
JMHO

SBM

I initially noticed the ring as well. After reviewing the video, it appears that the ring was not being worn on her ring finger but on her middle finger instead. Since the video resolution is pretty low, it could have been any kind of band and not her wedding band. (I have a several similar bands.) LN just strikes me as someone who wears jewelry with attached meaning or symbolism and judging by her intense reaction to Wendell's name, my bet is that any wedding band was replaced with this one.
JMHO

It could be her wedding band but I'm not sure. She seems much thinner than when Celina died. I might be wrong but to me she has lost a lot of weight and the ring would fall off her ring finger if I am correct.

A few things stuck me as odd,but the one that confused me the most was the wedding band on Louisa's finger still.

With so many questions and no comment on wendall I do not understand the ring being there at all. Everytime you saw it wouldnt you choke up?

The next things that stood out was the "who would do what they did" . Then them not letting her see the body could be because it ws to decomposed for LE to consider her seeing that or it could be because of specific injury to the body they are keeping mum about so no one except the suspect would know.

I just wondered what the who would do what they did meant to her. Like who would murder her or did it mean something more specific?

BBM

Soulmagent, last night I posted these same questions and tonight I still haven't figured any of this out! Thank you for sharing.

In the interview (11:00 p.m. broadcast) WN's mother referring to WN said, "He doesn't want to talk. He's afraid."

Afraid of what?[/QUOTE]

BBM

WizPro, being formally charged with at least one crime against Celina as a consequence of his actions would be my speculation.

Why would a young girl always have a blanket around her? Even in the summer heat? To me that's a kind of a red flag that she doesn't like the way 'someone' is looking at her -- at home.

DLT88, as I was reading your post I had the same questions and reached the same conclusions as you did. Not to be presumptious, but I believe there are others who read your post and think the same way.

If some of us here can see this clearly and question Celina's "blanket behavior," is it possible that no one around her ever had these thoughts? Is Celina's behavior with the blanket yet another case of people "minding their own business" and "not getting involved?" Just wondering.....

I suspect mom was speaking in a more general sense. I see a fair number of girls in this area of texas doing this blanket thing as well, so much so that the local school made a rule prohibiting it (which, according to my daughter, the school then largely ignored as these blankets were in some cases the only coat these kids had).

In any case, I do not recall any blanket photos of Celina. Nor do I recall a blanket in the missing person's description -- I would assume that if the police asked what Celina was wearing (before issuing the description) the family would look to see which blanket she had with her and include that in the description.

Not accusing anyone of anything here, just saying that the whole blanket thing leaves me with some questions.

I think many of us have wondered the same thing... why destroy the evidence if you do not yet have answers?

I agree she is tired of the lack of progress. I would be as well, and think that she is doing exactly the right thing by coming forward and talking to the media. That might be just the thing that moves this case forward.

As for her husband, she might well have very good reasons for suspecting him, or perhaps not. Her "no comment" comment might also have been an expression of frustration and disgust at his absense during her time of crisis rather than an indication that she feels he is guilty. For all we know, with the editing of the interview, she might well have gone into great detail about just that. Or perhaps not.

On TV interview clips yesterday, both Mom and Mo in Law said CC stayed close to Mom, and I understood this to mean, physically close to Mom, even in apt.
They also mentioned CC’s ever present blanket.

I wonder when CC’s blanket and close-to behaviors began or accelerated?
----Pre-WN?
---Pre-WN dating Mom?
---Pre-WN’s move into apt?
---Pre WN & LN marriage?

If WN’s mom did not know CC’s family before then, she w/not have seen these behaviors begin or accelerate.

Maybe LN c/h/seen CC’s blanket and close-to behaviors start or accelerate but did not attach significance to them initially, or until CC’s disappearance or her remains being located.

Not sure what weight to place on their comments, sometimes dogs bark up the wrong tree.

Thanks, Kilnwood & DLT88, re observation about CC’s blanket behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ