Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
at this site it states:

http://www.wmur.com/news/29269437/detail.html#ixzz1Yi9OQzQG

"It said releasing the cause of death could negatively affect the investigation.

Then clicking on another link on this website it says:

Since then, an autopsy has come back inconclusive, and no arrests have been made. Investigators said they are still waiting for toxicology reports to come back.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/29246924/detail.html#ixzz1YiEsxYgU

And now recently the headline on the same site is:

Celina Cass' Death Ruled Homicide

I'm lost and another case of Media not knowing what the right and left hand are doing or am I missing something?

Does this mean the tox results were the key to finding the cause of death? If that's the case, does it mean she was drugged, or are there other ways a tox screen would narrow the list of causes down?

Does this mean the tox results were the key to finding the cause of death? If that's the case, does it mean she was drugged, or are there other ways a tox screen would narrow the list of causes down?

I'm wondering if they received a tip that led to more evidence. That and the final tox results to make their case.

Reading between the lines, I suspect Jane Young will hold a short and to-the-point presser tomorrow. I also suspect they will also arrest someone(s).

I pondered yesterday whether they were patiently waiting for WN to get his mental health treatment and become stabilized before arresting him. That way, there's no argument about whether or not he is mentally fit enough to stand for trial.

I guess we will have to patiently wait and see. I just want justice for Celina, her mother, father, and her sister.

It doesn't mean that tox was the key. I am thinking that the key to the release of info was that mom went to the news begging for answers.

ETA: Tox could have been the key. Just saying that with the tight lipped nature means that everything is still sort of up in the air.

Here's the statement the AG's office released (without reporter interpretation/editing):

"After further investigation and receiving toxicology results, Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Jennie V. Duval, M.D., has ruled Celina Cass’s manner of death to be a homicide.

While Dr. Duval has also determined the cause of death of Celina Cass, that result is not being made public at this juncture. The premature public disclosure of Cass’s cause of death could have an impact on the integrity of the investigation in a negative manner. The investigation into the facts and circumstances of Celina Cass’s murder remains active."

http://doj.nh.gov/media-center/press-releases/2011/20110922-cass-autopsy.htm

There has been another confirmation as to Celina being wrapped in a blanket when found, this time from her grandmother on her fathers side.

"We knew all along. You don't find little girl wrapped in a blanket in the river and not call it a homicide," Laro said. "My husband (Walter) and I are ready to break. My son has just about had it."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110922/NEWS03/110929949

I am so sad for Celina that she was murdered, but I am very grateful to God, and to all the hard work of the ME, lab, LE, etc, that they got a definitive cause of death, because that will make finding the perp and prosecuting him more likely.

So does this mean her mother does not even know the cause of death? Or did they tell her and tell her not to reveal it? tia

I'm guessing they want to keep the manner of death quiet for when they bring in the person to question. Only the killer would know certain things and may may slip when being questioned. That is why I believe it is being kept quiet. I doubt the mother knows either and she was probably told why. She could have insisted to know but if she is cooperating with LE then she will agree. MOO

Re: blanket

I'm in my thirties and I still frequently walk around with a blanket wrapped around me (even in the summer). I've never been abused, never lived with brothers/stepbrothers/stepfathers, I'm not shy/quiet... However, I have suffered from anxiety/depression since a young age. I guess it gives me a sense of wellbeing/comfort...

It might be a bit odd but it definitely doesn't have to be an indicator of abuse or insecurity about one's body.

From reporter Lauren Collins on Twitter:

"Investigators say developments in #celinacass case over the last few weeks also helped pinpoint still undisclosed cause of death."

I'm thinking, what ever the cause of death being disclosed to the public at this time, might make it hard to find an impartial jury, when the person responsible for Celina's death is arrested and brought to trial.

I think you are right Jo, I've seen Prosecutors release only a portion of the evidence. The family were not even allowed to know about this. And it helped them in their trial.

at this site it states:

http://www.wmur.com/news/29269437/detail.html#ixzz1Yi9OQzQG

Then clicking on another link on this website it says:

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/29246924/detail.html#ixzz1YiEsxYgU

And now recently the headline on the same site is:

I'm lost and another case of Media not knowing what the right and left hand are doing or am I missing something?

I think it's just new info coming in and things being updated while the old info is still in the old articles.

Celina Cass' Death Ruled Homicide is dated Sept 22.
Mother Of Celina Cass Desperate For Answers is dated Sept 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill