Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to now assume that there was no DNA evidence left on her when she was found. I thought, sadly, that there would have been semen evidence left behind. But wouldn't that have happened already? So now I do not understand what her murder was all about. I had assumed it was a sexual assault and cover up. But maybe not?

I have to now assume that there was no DNA evidence left on her when she was found. I thought, sadly, that there would have been semen evidence left behind. But wouldn't that have happened already? So now I do not understand what her murder was all about. I had assumed it was a sexual assault and cover up. But maybe not?

Her body was in the water for a week. I suppose it's possible that DNA evidence was left on her, but was washed away.

Also, a truly diabolical pervert could have used a condom to make sure evidence was hard to find.

I'm pretty certain her death was motivated by pedophilic urges of some sort.

I wish we had locals to post on what the general feeling is in her hometown. How has nothing happened? How do you sleep at night knowing someone killed the little girl next door? How do you as a parent sleep at night knowing your child's killer is out there living their life with no ramifications? Is there anything the family can do? At this point would going to the media do any good?

This case just breaks my heart, this poor little girl. :(

I am local as far as being in the state. While we are a small state, that area seems so far removed from where I am. I keep on top of the news and there is nothing coming from that area about the investigation.

I still feel it is someone known to her and I hope the DA's office will find an answer soon. As a mother of 2 (now grown) daughters, my heart breaks that there has not been anything substantial found, that we know of.

It's been three months since I last checked in here....so sorry there is no news, though I suspected as much.

I, too, am surprised that nothing came out of the grand jury.

It will be a year soon. So sorry, Sweet Celina.

I wish we had locals to post on what the general feeling is in her hometown. How has nothing happened? How do you sleep at night knowing someone killed the little girl next door? How do you as a parent sleep at night knowing your child's killer is out there living their life with no ramifications? Is there anything the family can do? At this point would going to the media do any good?

This case just breaks my heart, this poor little girl. :(

From my time spent in the upper part of New England, in general, people pretty much just mind their own business. It is a mind-set.

As for her parents, it seems like her mother is trying to get by the best she can. She moved away from the town and left her husband, who is one of the possible suspects. Celina's father is dealing with his own health problems. I especially feel sorry for her sister dealing with the pain of loosing her little sister with basically no adult support, since her mother is so broken/devastated.

The media actually did a pretty good job of bringing Celina's case to the national attention, which is rare considering the family circumstances. They might be willing to run a 1-year after story about how her killer has never been found. I don't think her family would seek out that kind of attention, so it would be up to somebody outside the family to make it happen.

Her body was in the water for a week. I suppose it's possible that DNA evidence was left on her, but was washed away.

Also, a truly diabolical pervert could have used a condom to make sure evidence was hard to find.

That could be. It also could have been a violent schizophrenic who was drinking heavily and not taking his meds that killed her without sexually attacking her. I still wonder if WN's mom was staying in their home at that time to help "babysit" him. She stated that she was staying there because she was ill, but I think she might have been "ill" about her son's insane behavior.

The odds are that WN will fall off the wagon again and stop taking his meds again. :nerves:

That could be. It also could have been a violent schizophrenic who was drinking heavily and not taking his meds that killed her without sexually attacking her. I still wonder if WN's mom was staying in their home at that time to help "babysit" him. She stated that she was staying there because she was ill, but I think she might have been "ill" about her son's insane behavior.

The odds are that WN will fall off the wagon again and stop taking his meds again. :nerves:

Most people with schizophrenia are not violent and they prefer to be alone and are very withdrawn. There are 3 major types of schizophrenia as well and most have very different behaviors. In fact, if this was rare psychotic break or act of violence, there is no way the son would have any type of organized thought process going. That means, the crime would have happened in the home...it would be obvious even to untrained people and the son would not have had the capacity to hide a body. He would be too confused and disoriented to have a "perfect crime."

I would be more curious to know about the people who lived near or around this family or in the town. It would be an easy crime as most people and media would focus on the dysfunctional family as suspects and not on the average person who lives down the block. Unfortunately, this little girl with self-esteem issues and an unstable home life would be a very easy, compliant target by someone else. The family would be the perfect cover-up, just being who they are and with their daily struggles.

Most people with schizophrenia are not violent and they prefer to be alone and are very withdrawn. There are 3 major types of schizophrenia as well and most have very different behaviors. In fact, if this was rare psychotic break or act of violence, there is no way the son would have any type of organized thought process going. That means, the crime would have happened in the home...it would be obvious even to untrained people and the son would not have had the capacity to hide a body. He would be too confused and disoriented to have a "perfect crime."

I would be more curious to know about the people who lived near or around this family or in the town. It would be an easy crime as most people and media would focus on the dysfunctional family as suspects and not on the average person who lives down the block. Unfortunately, this little girl with self-esteem issues and an unstable home life would be a very easy, compliant target by someone else. The family would be the perfect cover-up, just being who they are and with their daily struggles.

thank you for this post.

Most are not violent, but some are. And her stepfather was arrested for a previous assault, IIRC. There is often tension and anger between stepfathers and teen daughters. Perhaps he told her to do something and she refused and talked back. If he was drunk and angry, he might have over reacted. jmo He is not my number one suspect, but he is still on my radar.

Most are not violent, but some are. And her stepfather was arrested for a previous assault, IIRC. There is often tension and anger between stepfathers and teen daughters. Perhaps he told her to do something and she refused and talked back. If he was drunk and angry, he might have over reacted. jmo He is not my number one suspect, but he is still on my radar.

Hi Katy. Who did he assault? Is there a link to the court documents or an article? Yes, some do. But, mostly when they are "painted into a corner". But, if he was ina drunken, schizoid rage, I highly doubt he could pull something off like this. Possible, yes. But, very remote. Are there other suspects from the area? Just curious?

Hi Katy. Who did he assault? Is there a link to the court documents or an article? Yes, some do. But, mostly when they are "painted into a corner". But, if he was ina drunken, schizoid rage, I highly doubt he could pull something off like this. Possible, yes. But, very remote. Are there other suspects from the area? Just curious?

I remember from back at the start of the case, that he had been arrested for assaulting his ex. I will try and find the links.

My main suspect is actually the 20 yr old ex-con that mom let move into the home. He was also, by his own words, possibly the last to actually see her that night.

Court documents obtained by ABC News reveal that Celina's stepfather, Wendell Noyes, has a troubled past.

In 2003, the stepfather was involuntarily committed to a hospital because of schizophrenia and arrested for threatening an ex-girlfriend, according to court documents.

Noyes was charged with violating a protective order held by his ex-girlfriend and for criminal trespassing, criminal threatening and hindering apprehension. The girlfriend, who lived with her two kids at the time, said Noyes broke into her home while she was sleeping, lifted her mattress and slammed it down and then threatened to throw her down the stairs.

While awaiting trial, a judge ruled Noyes incompetent to stand trial and ordered him to be involuntarily placed in a hospital. Judge Richard Hampe wrote that Noyes' mental illness creates "a potentially serious likelihood of danger to himself and others." A forensic examiner deemed Noyes a paranoid schizophrenic who likely developed his mental illness while in the Air Force, according to court documents.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/celina-cas...ven-stepfather/story?id=14225315#.T9yETZiHCnI

Dear Sweet Celina, you weigh heavily on my mind today, for whatever reason. I'm keeping the faith that justice will be served on your behalf. Rest peacefully, dear child; we will not forget you. :please:

Not only did he attack an ex-girlfriend, he has a duel diagnosis (abuses alcohol) as evidenced by news article comments and his rehab stay.

Many make the assumption that psychosis means that someone is functioning fundamentally different than a non-psychotic person. Look at psychosis in terms of sensory perception. With this view one can understand that psychosis is more like depression or an anxiety disorder. Psychosis is the extreme end of a continuum of experiencing what is occurring.

Psychosis is rarely completely impairing to the individual experiencing it. I strongly disagree that a psychotic person could not have committed this murder.

I don't think this was the perfect crime. Someone violent killed Celina, dumped her body in the river, and then essentially got lucky that her body wasn't found for a week and any evidence was washed off in the river. A psychotic person could have easily done this.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Very good points

I think that you are right on the money here with your predictions

Dear Sweet Celina, you weigh heavily on my mind today, for whatever reason. I'm keeping the faith that justice will be served on your behalf. Rest peacefully, dear child; we will not forget you. :please:

Very nice

Not only did he attack an ex-girlfriend, he has a duel diagnosis (abuses alcohol) as evidenced by news article comments and his rehab stay.

Many make the assumption that psychosis means that someone is functioning fundamentally different than a non-psychotic person. Look at psychosis in terms of sensory perception. With this view one can understand that psychosis is more like depression or an anxiety disorder. Psychosis is the extreme end of a continuum of experiencing what is occurring.

Psychosis is rarely completely impairing to the individual experiencing it. I strongly disagree that a psychotic person could not have committed this murder.

I don't think this was the perfect crime. Someone violent killed Celina, dumped her body in the river, and then essentially got lucky that her body wasn't found for a week and any evidence was washed off in the river. A psychotic person could have easily done this.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Please give us more insight on this type of person???

I remember from back at the start of the case, that he had been arrested for assaulting his ex. I will try and find the links.

My main suspect is actually the 20 yr old ex-con that mom let move into the home. He was also, by his own words, possibly the last to actually see her that night.

I agree that the 20 year old should be No. 1 on the suspect list. He was the last we know of to see her. He was much closer to her age than Wendel. He had been out drinking that night. When you put all that together, it paints a picture of a very possible sexual attack. As far as Wendel goes, I seriously doubt if he had the mental stability or capacity to cover up a murder so successfully. Sadly, I don't think the AG's office is any closer to solving this crime than they were on Day 1 and with all the other cases that they're currently working on, I seriously doubt that they have the staff to devote much time to Celina.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back