Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Josh Richards said he agreed to provide a DNA sample, and that “about 80 percent” of the prosecutors’ questions had to do with his brother, Wendell. "
http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20220126celina_stepdads_mom_brother_testify_to_grand_jury
Did WN refuse to give LE a DNA sample?

IIRC Wendell was not cooperative with LE at all and I doubt he would have agreed to supply a DNA sample on his own. LE might not have probable cause to get the courts to demand WN to give a sample.

Not sure if WN's brother was thinking he would clear himself by providing a DNA sample or if LE straight up told him they wanted his sample to compare to DNA found at the scene which could be WN's. Either way I think it indicates LE has DNA from the scene or body, why else would they want a sample if there was nothing to compare it to? I wonder if WN's mother was also asked to provide a sample.

Based on several peoples statements made to the press that the grand jury asked so many questions pertaining to WN I don't have a doubt in my mind who LE and the DA think is responsible for Celina's death. Wendell's truck still being held as evidence by LE for the past six or seven months is just another indicator of who they think did it.

The one thing we have not heard is whether or not WN was called to testify before the grand jury. It seems everyone else was.

JMO

Does anyone have a guess about the current backlog time on DNA analysis?
{How long might it take for WN's brother's DNA (sharing characteristics with WN's) to be compared to what might have been found on Celina?} TIA

Does anyone have a guess about the current backlog time on DNA analysis?
{How long might it take for WN's brother's DNA (sharing characteristics with WN's) to be compared to what might have been found on Celina?} TIA

Do you remember where they sent it? Was it a lab in PA?

Do you remember where they sent it? Was it a lab in PA?
I don't know. I reread that Boston Herald article from Jan 26th. It stated that WN's brother had agreed to give a DNA sample, but it didn't say when he agreed or where it was sent. Maybe the sample was taken months ago.(?)

It was interesting that WN's brother gave a DNA sample and the told the press that 80% of the questions that he was asked in front of the grand jury were about WN. WN's brother didn't have to share any information with the press.

Checking in and thinking of you, Celina. Still keeping hope here. :rose:

There was a post on another thread that there was a connection to Juggalos in this case. I had not heard of that, can anyone point me in that direction?

Thank for posting, but I still don't see a connection to Celina... Maybe I'm missing something?

There are posts that used to be right there at that portion of the thread that were deleted because they were comments from Topix and FB. Basically they were just people saying that the group of young friends that hung out at the house where Celina lived were big ICP fans. But I guess it is just because most kids that age in that area are big fans of that band. There was a big huge festival nearby that brings in all of the juggalos from the area that same year.

I followed this very closely at the beginning. Did they ever release COD? I'm assuming from reading through the last few posts that no one was ever charged? Can someone give me a brief summary to bring me up to date?

1. No one charged yet
  2. COD not released
  3. MOD (manner) Homicide
  4. Grand Jury was seated and lots of questions asked about Wendall Noyes.
  5. Brother of Wendall asked to give a DNA sample. We don't know if this is to clear Wendall's brother or to compare to DNA found on body or at crime scene to try and determine if the perp is related by DNA to Wendall's brother. Which would mean LE is maybe thinking the DNA found belongs to Wendall but Wendall is unwilling to supply a sample and they do not have enough probable cause to issue a subpena for a DNA sample to be taken from Wendall. Either way I think it indicates DNA was found on the body of Celina or at the crime scene since. It would make no sense to ask for DNA from Wendall's brother if there was no DNA found to compare it to.
  6. Don't know if maybe WN's mother was asked to give a DNA sample or not.
  7. Don't know if anyone else that was in the house was asked to give a sample either.
  8. WN's truck is still impounded after almost 8 months. (That tells me who LE thinks done this crime)

Did I miss anything?

1. No one charged yet
  2. COD not released
  3. MOD (manner) Homicide
  4. Grand Jury was seated and lots of questions asked about Wendall Noyes.
  5. Brother of Wendall asked to give a DNA sample. We don't know if this is to clear Wendall's brother or to compare to DNA found on body or at crime scene to try and determine if the perp is related by DNA to Wendall's brother. Which would mean LE is maybe thinking the DNA found belongs to Wendall but Wendall is unwilling to supply a sample and they do not have enough probable cause to issue a subpena for a DNA sample to be taken from Wendall. Either way I think it indicates DNA was found on the body of Celina or at the crime scene since. It would make no sense to ask for DNA from Wendall's brother if there was no DNA found to compare it to.
  6. Don't know if maybe WN's mother was asked to give a DNA sample or not.
  7. Don't know if anyone else that was in the house was asked to give a sample either.
  8. WN's truck is still impounded after almost 8 months. (That tells me who LE thinks done this crime)

Did I miss anything?

COD undetermined or is DA holding close to vest still?

I am still hoping that the media will get involved in this case and file suit to force the DA's office to release the autopsy and toxicology reports. It probably won't help at this point, but then doing nothing hasn't helped either.

A Coos County Superior Court grand jury spent most of Friday considering whether to bring charges in cases given to them by county prosecutors. They returned some 50 indictments, which court personnel processed Monday before making them public on Tuesday.

The grand jury also indicted Mullaney on a Class A felony, receiving stolen property, on Dec. 12 of last year in Stewartstown. That involved an Iver Johnson TP .22-caliber, semi-automatic pistol, allegedly the property of Sharon Abbott.

He was also indicted on a Class B felony count of being a convicted felon in possession of firearms, also last December in Stewartstown, in connection with the same pistol. According to the indictment, Mullaney was convicted of a felony-level charge of theft in Coos County Superior Court in 2008.

much more at link :eek:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120229/NEWS03/702299971

Just checking in. Good grief, I can't believe nothing has happened with this case. Sweet Celina, we are still loving you. I know this was covered a million times, but there's no tox reports still? I'm baffled at this.

I have always suspected WN was guilty of killing Celina but now I wonder about this Mullaney kid. If he was forging checks and stealing from Celina's mom and WN, did Celina see something that night and found out about it? Did she threaten to tell her mother?

It makes me wonder now.

I agree. And another reason I wonder about KM is that he said he was the last one who came home that night. And he says he came in and sat on the couch and watched tv for awhile. But others have said CC was asleep on that couch that night. So that means that she would have had to been taken away already when he came home. OR he was laying there on the couch with her that night.

So if it was WN, then he was gone somewhere with the child, and then had to come back home, quietly to avoid detection. It does not seem like WN was the quiet or cautious, stealthy type. It makes me suspicious because I don't think WN would have been able to keep a clean crime scene or a quiet aftermath.

I agree. And another reason I wonder about KM is that he said he was the last one who came home that night. And he says he came in and sat on the couch and watched tv for awhile. But others have said CC was asleep on that couch that night. So that means that she would have had to been taken away already when he came home. OR he was laying there on the couch with her that night.

So if it was WN, then he was gone somewhere with the child, and then had to come back home, quietly to avoid detection. It does not seem like WN was the quiet or cautious, stealthy type. It makes me suspicious because I don't think WN would have been able to keep a clean crime scene or a quiet aftermath.

BBM

Doesn't LE still have WN's truck? Are you thinking perhaps KM used WN's truck that night?

BBM

Doesn't LE still have WN's truck? Are you thinking perhaps KM used WN's truck that night?

It is a possibility. I bet they all left their keys in the open somewhere. We have 4 cars in our household and people tend to leave their car keys out in the open. We have a bowl by the front entryway.

Moat people leave them in sight on their dresser or the kitchen counter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back