Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If in fact this is a homicide which we are pretty sure it is something needs to be done to try and stop the killing of our young children. I am still not over the Anthony trial so excuse my way of thinking!

64b962f2-1234-4f91-acb0-bfdb2e218b23_400.jpg

The investigation continues at the dam

by Kevin Clay/Staff 11:09 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_Investigate_Missing_Girls_Death#ixzz1Tt9tIyoY

If in fact this is a homicide which we are pretty sure it is something needs to be done to try and stop the killing of our young children. I am still not over the Anthony trial so excuse my way of thinking!

I said on another thread that I think the abuse and murder of children is a modern-day holocaust.

I am also not even going to approach the subject of schizophrenia,
because it seems there is only one document that we have seen that states that.
(yes, I know it is a court Document and a Forensics Psych. made that finding)

We have not seen anything else so far about that...Have we?

And More important he has not been named a suspect or even a POI.

Just a general question for anyone more in the know about LE procedure than I am...

Nowadays, does LE even use the term 'suspect' anymore? And aren't they more likely, at this stage of the game, still trying to rule people out as persons of interest (as opposed to ruling them in)?

AFAIK, they haven't 'announced' any persons of interest, but just by virtue of allegedly being the last person/people to have seen her alive, wouldn't the parents automatically be persons of interest? (For LE purposes, not WebSleuths purpose!)

I just mean from a probable LE perspective, working the case from the inside. I would just think that unless and until they can rule out the parents (or mom and stepdad in this case), because they were the last to see her alive (AFAIK-unless someone has come forward to LE that we don't know about).

What I'm roundabout trying to ask (badly) is, technically, isn't the last person to see someone alive automatically a person of interest unless they have a ridiculously obvious alibi that shows they could not possibly have caused the victim's death?

And I know we're a victim friendly board, I'm not accusing the SF or naming him anything, (fer real!) I'm just curious about the ins and outs of 'Person of Interest' and how LE works the problem. :seeya:

I am pretty sure we will never be "over" the Anthony case or trial.

I said on another thread that I think the abuse and murder of children is a modern-day holocaust.

What a quote, and yes this is what it is becoming. There has to be severe consequences. Not a slap on the hand and ok your free as a bird now.:banghead:

Just a general question for anyone more in the know about LE procedure than I am...

Nowadays, does LE even use the term 'suspect' anymore? And aren't they more likely, at this stage of the game, still trying to rule people out as persons of interest (as opposed to ruling them in)?

AFAIK, they haven't 'announced' any persons of interest, but just by virtue of allegedly being the last person/people to have seen her alive, wouldn't the parents automatically be persons of interest? (For LE purposes, not WebSleuths purpose!)

I just mean from a probable LE perspective, working the case from the inside. I would just think that unless and until they can rule out the parents (or mom and stepdad in this case), because they were the last to see her alive (AFAIK-unless someone has come forward to LE that we don't know about).

What I'm roundabout trying to ask (badly) is, technically, isn't the last person to see someone alive automatically a person of interest unless they have a ridiculously obvious alibi that shows they could not possibly have caused the victim's death?

And I know we're a victim friendly board, I'm not accusing the SF or naming him anything, (fer real!) I'm just curious about the ins and outs of 'Person of Interest' and how LE works the problem. :seeya:

Not an expert of LE protocol here, but I think it depends on the circumstances. In some circumstances, I definitely think there would be a focus first on the last person to see a missing person, if only as an attempt to trace/timeline. I don't know if that makes them a "person of interest," but it certainly makes them a person that needs to be interviewed. I think the circumstances surrounding the disappearance effect how that witness is perceived.

In Celina's case, I don't think the SF is automatically a POI for LE simply because he last saw her for a few reasons - they aren't the only people in the house, she has a broken/blended family situation with a lot of players, she had an online presence, and there were no indications of foul play (that we know of). These factors could point to a lot of different scenarios, including one in which she walked away. I think LE would definitely be interested in speaking with the SF as a witness, but I don't think that would make him automatically a POI for LE. I think it's the circumstances surrounding the disappearance which would dictate this, but that's just my :twocents:.

Oh...ok...so all it takes is someone willing to lie. To me, just MOO, not the greatest lesson to teach a child. Just lie. Everyone else does?

ITA. My kids are not allowed to have facebook pages until they turn 13. I've said "we don't lie period." but the majority of their friends have been on facebook since they were 10, or younger.

You know, I am just not sure about this. While I agree the proper course of action is to start with the last person to see Celina and work out, I did notice a couple of new "friends" on Celina's facebook that seemed rather odd. One "friend" had a completely blank fb page. I think LE should and probably is, looking at that. I did not link this information to the threads because there was no way to tell if the fb's belonged to minors.

Just because there are unusual circumstances within the home doesn't mean the crime happened there. And paying close attention to Celina's facebook is also an important tool in this investigation.

Salem

It is my guess that they have a blank wall or no picture due to privacy preferences on Facebook. You can even set your privacy to where people can't even find you in a search.

I agree...looks like the back...

I think the first picture is showing the front and the second picture is showing the left side? See the big tree at the corner of the house? So I think the second picture is taken from the yard of the house next door on the left side.

But I could be confused. :crazy:

In which state is the side of the dam with the cement wall? Is that where her body was found by divers? Just asking questions.

The river flows south and the vertical grid looks like it's designed to hold back debris from going over the dam. So if the concrete wall is to the left of it, it is to the west and is in New Hampshire.

BTW, my understanding is that the river itself is in New Hampshire and that the border with Vermont is the shoreline on the Vermont side. So basically anything in the water is in New Hampshire (I invite correction if I'm wrong, but I grew up near the river and that's what I remember)

I have to agree with other posters that have said this on here. I do not think Facebook had anything to do with the outcome of Celina.

And no I would not let my young child have a Facebook page, just my opinion. My daughter is now almost 27. Unless I could sit there and watch her every move then no.
But I was one of those paranoid mothers always aware of the danger out there.

....I'm just curious about the ins and outs of 'Person of Interest' and how LE works the problem. :seeya:

<snipped by me>

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When LE used the legal term "suspect", it means authorities have probable cause to believe a person has committed a crime.

When people use the term person of interest, probable cause is not needed -and each person who uses the term can and does have their own personal belief as to what the term means to them.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The term person of interest has no legal meaning.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

IMO - If the body was weighted down, then the placement could be more accurately determined.

So many logistics to be considered in regards to this topic.

Nonetheless, does it even matter?

Does Vermont have the DP?

I have many reasons to believe this was not an accident, i.e. lead investigator in tears at end of statement, length of time to remove body from river, crime scene tape at house and riverbed areas, etc. I think the autopsy results will reveal that this poor child died a brutal death. I have felt that way since the beginning and of course, it is only MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member