Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the reporting about Celina on Nancy Grace...

Its heartbreaking to think about what it is going to be like at that tiny school she goes to. More than likely every single child in that little town knows or is close to Celina or her siblings and will feel her loss... God bless them all.

I'm just saying in this case, with Celina, her parents were of the mind that it is okay to let an 11 year old scoot around the rules in order to have a facebook so what other types of practices was she allowed to participate in while the adults looked the other way?

We already know this 11 year old was allowed unsupervised computer time because that is the last time she was seen. I am not blaming anyone here (God knows the family is suffering enough) I'm just saying that it's not a stretch that anything/anyone could have harmed this girl because I doubt she was in the safest of environments. Safety savvy parents do not let under age kids have access to social networking sites (fb is age 13) nor do they allow unsupervised computer time at such a young age.

Facebook is not evil... I think when this all settles down it will be revealed that facebook was not the connection that lead to her death. I'm sure that Celina was ignorant to the tools that could have set her facebook page set to private.

My daughter, myself, all our relatives and friends are all on facebook. I allowed my daughter to get the page when she was 11. All her friends had one and so did all our relatives. The stipulation is that I have to be friends with her and all her friends and I have her the password so that I can browse her "wall". Her page is set to private so not just anybody can see her information. She doesn't put her school, her address or her phone number on there and she doesn't accept friends requests from ANY Adults unless we know them very well or any kids that she doesn't personally know. If an adult friend requests her she shows me. The only adults that she is friends with are our relatives and a few very close friends. At the elementary school age they have very few friends, it picks up dramatically in Middle School where they begin to become more aware of social standing/status. The blank stare or pout pictures are common.. I don't know why..but all my daughters friends take pictures of themselves like them.

Some one disappearing from her friends list could be a number of things. We regularly remove people from our friends list because they never post or because they are rabid posters posting random BS every 3 seconds. The other reason is a common one with kids... they get grounded and are forced to delete their page by their parents.

Again, FACEBOOK IS NOT EVIL...

An order signed by a probate judge indicated N suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and believed corrections officials implanted a transmitter in his body to keep track of him.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/body-of-n_h_-girl-found-by-dive-team_2011-08-02.html

Perhaps, LE may already know SF never left the home that evening/early morning.

Well that's interesting. I never heard of corrections officials implanting a transmitter to keep track of a schizophrenic. Why don't they do this to pedophiles??:banghead:

If true, LE may know where he was at all times before and after Celina disappeared.

Well that's interesting. I never heard of corrections officials implanting a transmitter to keep track of a schizophrenic. Why don't they do this to pedophiles??:banghead:

If true, LE may know where he was at all times before and after Celina disappeared.

Are we sure the article isn't stating that WN believed he'd been implanted with a tracking chip?

The sentence could read that an order was signed by the judge and that the order stated that WN suffered from PS and that WN believed he had been implanted with a tracking chip.

The sentence in the article is worded in an unclear way...

I think this is part of SF's paranoia....that he believed they had implanted him, not that they did.

They didn't... that what he believed and part of the schizophrenia. JMO.

I'll say it....it is wrong and irresponsible of her mother to allow her 11 yr. old to be messing around on FB. Actually, started it when she was 10? It isn't cute or amusing or innocent. I'm amazed and dismayed at the number of people who readily admit that their young girls have FB accts. Brag about it practically. Why?? Does it make them popular?? Really?? We live in a very dangerous world. For the life of me, I can't understand a parent willingly wanting their child to be exposed to that danger. Sad

FB is a good tool if used with restrictions. My family has friends only. Anyone with an open facebook is asking for trouble. Just my opinion. skier

Facebook is not evil... I think when this all settles down it will be revealed that facebook was not the connection that lead to her death. I'm sure that Celina was ignorant to the tools that could have set her facebook page set to private.

My daughter, myself, all our relatives and friends are all on facebook. I allowed my daughter to get the page when she was 11. All her friends had one and so did all our relatives. The stipulation is that I have to be friends with her and all her friends and I have her the password so that I can browse her "wall". Her page is set to private so not just anybody can see her information. She doesn't put her school, her address or her phone number on there and she doesn't accept friends requests from ANY Adults unless we know them very well or any kids that she doesn't personally know. If an adult friend requests her she shows me. The only adults that she is friends with are our relatives and a few very close friends. At the elementary school age they have very few friends, it picks up dramatically in Middle School where they begin to become more aware of social standing/status. The blank stare or pout pictures are common.. I don't know why..but all my daughters friends take pictures of themselves like them.

Some one disappearing from her friends list could be a number of things. We regularly remove people from our friends list because they never post or because they are rabid posters posting random BS every 3 seconds. The other reason is a common one with kids... they get grounded and are forced to delete their page by their parents.

Again, FACEBOOK IS NOT EVIL...

My 11 year old son has a page as well. Like you we allowed him to have it because all of his friends were there and we monitor his page closely, in fact I am on it more than him using his kitchen for extra stoves in Cafe World, lol.

What scares me is my oldest (soon to be 16) son's page. The pictures of the girls on his friend's list border on child *advertiser censored* and these are pictures that these girls post of themselves almost daily. Even worse few of these pages are private and nearly all are open to friends of friends. Many of his friends have friended me and I have removed them after seeing these pictures pop up over and over. I don't know a lot of the people on my list, they were added for game neighbors only and I don't want them seeing these pictures on my page because the majority of the girls list their school, cell number and far too much identifying info on their pages. It just scares the heck out of me how easy these teenagers make it for someone to hunt them down after seeing them on FB and becoming infatuatied (sp?) with them.

So, no Facebook isn't evil but the lack of parent monitoring I see daily is stupid at best and very dangerous to boot.

How quickly do they normally release the results of the autopsy to the public?

Every case is different.
They may only announce that the autopsy showed manner of death, i.e. homicide, without telling cause of death. I would think they will tell manner of death very soon, if it can be determined.

It's Tuesday and all we know for a FACT is Celina is gone.
Speculation on a variety of subjects won't help anything and until LE comes out and makes factual statements, I'm going to hold to my hope that this was a strange sad accident.

What I will do, however, is allow my thoughts to just randomly wander and share my unsolicited opinions.

Going on the assumptions that all are innocent until I hear otherwise, I'm mentally here! (see my brainmap for the "You are here" note)

Celina was 11. She was on Fcaebook. Every 11 year old tries to be on Facebook. It's not a matter of whether she had permission or not. It was summer, she was bored, she signed on and played games and took quizzes. I can find NOTHING out of the ordinary in that. Her friends appear perfectly normal in every way shape and form. They also appear to be just on there chatting and probably fighting off boredom at night.

Dr. Drew says she was beginning to sexualize herself. What a grandiose idea. Children start to sexualize themselves at the age of 3 when little girls want to be pretty like mommy and marry daddy when they grow up. same for little boys.
She was 11. I bet she loved Justin Bieber and 17 Magazine and thought platform heels were the best!

She lived in a small quiet town. Yes, there are still places where people don't lock their doors at night and they know their neighbors. This does not make them bad parents. It' just the way they live. No judgements need to be passed from us big city folk.

If ONE of the familiar situations were in place, red flags would be waved. There is a plethora of angst provoking situations on the surface and I sometimes think that this many means its too much to have a huge impact on this case. But I've been wrong before.

We tend to look at SF because he is PS. Lots of people are and they are fully functioning wonderful members of society. Yes, I did see his FB and I thought he was a perv. But I also noticed my 22 year old nephew follows *advertiser censored* stars on Twitter. Sometimes men beahve badly in the confines of a firewall and nothing more than that. So he says, "Hi pretty lady" to a few pretty ladies. If this was my husbands only vice, I could live with it.

Mom has been married and few times and there are kids, sisters, brothers, cousins, half the town with a combination of these names. This is a dysfunctional family for sure, but which of these combinations could anyone have predicted would have resulted in this event for poor Celina?

I really do hope everyone is innocent of any wrong doing. I hope Celina's birth dad feels better. JMO, but it sounds like he's in congestive heart failure and may not be doing well considering all that has happened.

So until I hear otherwise, I'm going back to my earlier gut feeling.
Celina may have been bored. It was a little after nine and maybe she was interested in taking a walk. It's not that far to Stewartstown proper. She would have left her home and just walked up the street for about a half mile. Maybe theres a 7/11 type store up the street. Along the road she sees the train bridge. Shes seen it before and its cool to sit out there and watch the water rush underneath you. Maybe she hears an animal and decides to look. I "Hope" she was out on the bridge and simply slipped. Tragic and horrible accident, but much better that the other scenarios our minds can create.

After all, I did say she'd be found within a few days on the Vermont side of the river.
Jeesh, I'm off to give psychic readings! LOL

We will find out soon enough if she met someone online .
I just feel so bad that this little girl was murdered ..I was hoping she was at a friends and just didn't want to go home for a few days .
11 years old is too young to die -

How quickly do they normally release the results of the autopsy to the public?

Generally, pretty quickly, like in this case tonight or tomorrow morning if this is a simple accidental drowning.

But it also depends on:

1) If the autopsy actually established a cause of death. If the exam is inconclusive, or if tox screens or other lab work have to be waited on, it could take weeks. That likely isn't the cause of death in this case though. So it depends upon the coroner's findings and ability to establish the cause (and time) of death.

2) If the autopsy results could compromise a criminal investigation, they could also be withheld.

Hope" she was out on the bridge and simply slipped. Tragic and horrible accident, but much better that the other scenarios our minds can create

That could be what happened . Time will tell .

Since he found out his daughter was missing from the news... I was grateful they called him about the body at all. I was afraid he would find out on the news. :banghead:
5Celina's bio-d was interviewed with other family members this morning on our local news. It was very heartbreaking to watch. I send my deepest sympathies to them all. I cannot begin to know how they feel. Her dad obviously is not feeling well and is trying to hold it together. Happy to see he has good family support! Something was mentioned about planning a memorial service, if I understood it correctly. skier

2. Celina's father said on Nancy Grace that he has not spoken to Celina's mother or Celina's sister at all since Celina went missing. This really surprised me. I respect that he doesn't want to accuse anyone of anything and he is waiting for autopsy results and LE updates. But, I would have a million questions for the family members living with my missing child - I'd want to know as much as possible. The bio-dad said Celina always told him everything was cool at the house, and he said that his ex-wife was a loving mom. Why wouldn't he want to know first-hand if anything had changed or if they had any ideas of where his daughter might be? Wouldn't he be fearful for the other daughter in the house since he had no idea what happened to Celina. He didn't appear angry at all and he doesn't appear to be as obsessively driven to find out, right this minute, what might have happened to his girl as I would expect. Just wondering what is going on between the families (not criticizing or accusing him)...

RIP sweet Celina...

SBM

I wanted to respond to this because I wasn't really surprised that AL had not spoken to LN or any other members of that side of Celina's family. For nearly all of the time that Celina was missing, AL was hospitalized and for much of that time, he was on a ventilator. As I understood it from his interviews with Deborah Norville last night on NG, the only reason he left the hospital was because Celina was missing. I imagine that there hasn't really been much opportunity for him to be in touch with them. IMO, he appeared to possibly still be medicated, like he was in a bit of a haze. Most people who are hospitalized for 2 weeks and on a ventilator less than a week prior do not tend to leave the hospital 100% better and without medication and it sounds like he may have left AMA. I think that his health may be playing a large roll in his apparent lack of emotion.

Additionally, he stated that he had been separated from LN since KL was 3yo and Celina was a baby. There very well could have been little contact between the parties over the years. It is often times hard for men (and some women) to know and communicate in depth with their children and their ex-spouses after divorce. It takes a lot of effort and hard work to keep those lines of communication open and the more difficult subjects can often times be left up to the mother or primary parent. If AL only saw Celina every other weekend or whatnot, it wouldn't leave much time for these types of discussions. That short amount of time would likely be spent, playing and doing fun stuff. He likely did ask Celina how things were and she could very well have told him that things were fine and it was left at that. I am not saying that this is right and I am not saying that this is the way it is with all multi household families, but it is not uncommon and may have been the case with AL & Celina.

AL also may have felt that even if there were problems that there wouldn't be a lot that he could do about it. Celina's primary care parent was her mother and, with his health problems, he may have felt it best to not rock the boat for fear of loosing Celina all together, if he were to attempt to gain custody or even more custody.

I pray that he is able to find peace.

Everything above is just MOO...

Dr. D: Was beginning to sexualize herself

Epiph: Hey, Doc Drew!!! How about someone else, example---a male pedo, was beginning to sexualize her! Perhaps, he asked her to put up a photo wearing a little makeup; wearing different clothing, etc. (photo of Celina with cap/hat)

I do not watch NG, Dr. Drew, et al but I've seen YouTube clips now and again.

24/7 news cycle programs more often exploit and misrepresent cases for entertainment purposes .. innuendo and near-salacious commentary is their stock-in-trade.

• "beginning to sexualize herself"
    Did any of the program's hosts or producers of those program present *proof*?
  • "suspicious Facebook friends"
    If the hosts or producers came across "suspicious" characters who had befriended Celina on FB, have the hosts or producers presented that 'evidence' to LE? At least a few Websleuthers have actually seen Celina's FB page, including myself. I clicked back to as far as possible (to when the FB page was created) and Celina had posted very few comments. The 24/7 might argue, "what about the FB chat feature?" If anyone had been using the FB chat feature to hold 'secret' conversations with Celina .. I suspect Celina would have slipped here and there and posted open commentary to that FB friend's wall .. and such instances would have appeared on Celina's FB page in the way of status updates. I saw no such status on Celina's FB page. Of course someone could have instructed Celina to delete any, if they existed .. but there is no way to evidence that any such interactions had occurred.

!!! - I do want to note there were automatic posts from a FB application that was quite often posting to Celina's FB page that presents "You are this n% sexy" ratings. I am not familiar with the FB application but it's possible a FB friend or Celina herself added her account to that application. But an automatic-posting application presenting a phrase: "You are 99% sexy" is not "evidence" of a child "sexualizing" herself.
Imagine if 24/7 tv would ever discuss cases not using inaccurate phrases and sensationalizing descriptions .. would make for very boring banter, eh? Who'd watch then?

The 1st Amendment is a blessing and a curse .. and that worsened when MEDIA turned 24/7.

That could be what happened . Time will tell .

I don't want to say I wish she had slipped and it was an accident, cause I wish she wasn't dead at all. :(

That being said, my gut tells me she wasn't out for a walk. It was dark (or nearly so) when her stepfather last saw her (allegedly). People have stated she was shy, apprehensive of strangers and afraid to be in her room alone at night. I have a hard time believing this same girl people are describing up and left her room alone after dark and walked out into the night. I think if she left her room voluntarily, it was at the encouragement of someone she has always trusted, or had grown to trust. Or she didn't leave her room alive.

Also the wording of the AG--I don't have her statement in front of me right now, but IIRC, it implies that they haven't determined where her body was put into the water. Not "Where Celina either fell in or was put into..."

I think that may have been a slip (accidental or on purpose) from the AG and that there may have been a strong indicator visible in her manner of death. Whether there was a non-drowning mortal wound visible or that she was tied or wrapped, etc, I don't know.

Anyhoo, that's as far into speculating that I'm willing to go so far. :waitasec:

I do not watch NG, Dr. Drew, et al but I've seen YouTube clips now and again.

24/7 news cycle programs more often exploit and misrepresent cases for entertainment purposes .. innuendo and near-salacious commentary is their stock-in-trade.

• "beginning to sexualize herself"
    Did any of the program's hosts or producers of those program present *proof*?
  • "suspicious Facebook friends"
    If the hosts or producers came across "suspicious" characters who had befriended Celina on FB, have the hosts or producers presented that 'evidence' to LE? At least a few Websleuthers have actually seen Celina's FB page, including myself. I clicked back to as far as possible (to when the FB page was created) and Celina had posted very few comments. The 24/7 might argue, "what about the FB chat feature?" If anyone had been using the FB chat feature to hold 'secret' conversations with Celina .. I suspect Celina would have slipped here and there and posted open commentary to that FB friend's wall .. and such instances would have appeared on Celina's FB page in the way of status updates. I saw no such status on Celina's FB page. Of course someone could have instructed Celina to delete any, if they existed .. but there is no way to evidence that any such interactions had occurred.
Imagine if 24/7 tv would ever discuss cases not using inaccurate phrases and sensationalizing descriptions .. would make for very boring banter, eh? Who'd watch then?

The 1st Amendment is a blessing and a curse .. and worsened when MEDIA turned 24/7.

I agree and personally I wish the talking heads would "spin" online instead of on tv! So many of them act as though their opinions are the only ones that should matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee