Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, unless it was blocked! When I was a kid, I lived in a bedroom that was converted from originally being a living room with a front door. The door was still there and my parents put not one, but two very large dressers in front of the door and planted a large amount of cactus under my windows.

That sounds like something my parents would have done:great:

Pre-teens and early teens want many things. I'm firm on this. An 11 yr old female pre-teen and a 13 yr old female do not belong in the semi-finished/finished basement or a cellar while an adult male sleeps in the main part of the home in their previous bedroom. Nope. Something wrong here.

We don't have basements here in FL, but I had one in my house where I grew up in VA. My older sister and I would have loved to have our bedroom down in our finished basement. Just saying.

I think HRCodepink was just kidding, because of all the bare breasted/bare behinded women he had as FB Friends.

If he were on-line all day, I doubt that he was chatting.

I can be on here at WS, FB & other sites, for hours, just reading and looking at photos... but it wouldn't show up that I was here.

Somewhat kidding and somewhat serious, and honestly, I have no problem with him spending the day on facebook. I know I sure do! Because of my daughter's illnesses I had to quit my job of 10 years to stay home with her. I work and go to school online, since I can't leave the house. Facebook gives me something to do and a link to the outside world and the games give me reason to sit there while working. *It takes a lot of discipline to sit here all day working for next to nothing and going to school online. Lots of people spend all day on facebook. We all have our reasons.

Interesting to note that she was found wrapped in a blanket when she was found. IMO, that denotes familiarity with the deceased and not wanting to look at their face. MOO of course.

I am more concerned that the girls were sleeping on a blow up matress than they were sleeping in the basement/cellar. If they had beds in the previous room, why didn't they move those beds to the basement?

Pre-teens and early teens want many things. I'm firm on this. An 11 yr old female pre-teen and a 13 yr old female do not belong in the semi-finished/finished basement or a cellar while an adult male sleeps in the main part of the home in their previous bedroom. Nope. Something wrong here.

I dunno. I grew up in a house with an unfinished basement and thats where I would hang out and stay a lot of times. My friends and I could listen to music loudly and dance without the whole house sounding like it would cave in like if we were on a higher floor. Plus having a concrete floor we could rollerblade around the floor. And we could do things without fear of being caught like prank calling or watching tv shows we weren't supposed to watch.

Being that close in age I'm sure they had a good time in that basement doing things girls like to do!!!!

Honestly, I have no idea. I will be trying to find out tho!

One of the vehicles was KMs and it was not nice, fancy or new from what I could tell, if it is the one I am thinking. I don't know the condition of the other. The Silver truck was the only nice one I saw.

Who knows what their rent is up there. Granted, it's been 15 years, but I lived in a similar home to the one they live in when I was in PA. Houge house, turned into 6 apartments on 4 floors, bottom floor was a basement that we all had access to via a door and stairs in our apartment and an entrance from outside in the back. 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 dining room, 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom. All rooms were HUGE except the bathroom which was so small that you could barely turn around in it. I only paid $250 a month (granted, 15 years ago, but I doubt it has more than doubled since then, considering the tiny town) and that included water, gas, and electricity. I was only responsible for the $250 and my phone and internet.

Rent is a lot higher than that.. I live in a community in NH similar to Stewartstown and rent runs at least $1,000 a month. Usually that is for an apartment. Houses are more.. and usually it does not include any utilities or snow plowing..

BTW Stewartstown has a high unemployment rate.. 14.7% compared to 10% in US and 5% in the rest of NH..

For all we know, Mom and/or SF---for whatever reasons may have believed it was safer for the young sisters to sleep in the basement, and that would be disturbing as well. Who knows who traipses in and out of the main home?

There is a photo that was posted this morning of 4-5 investigators standing in
the doorway of the entrance that I've always thought led to the basement.

FWIW ... It also appears that the house is being worked on/updated.
I see new siding & sanding areas & scaffolds that painters, construction workers stand
on to work high up. So maybe the house does have a finished or at least livable basement.

When my 3 sons were in Jr Hi & Hi school, in CT, for a year we rented an old victorian house
& 2 of them shared a room. The basement was old, but had been somewhat finished off, was very clean & kinda livable.

My youngest son decided he wanted a room of his own and set up his own "pad" down there.
He hung sheets & blankets over the cement walls, we got a new large area rug... & he was fine
down there, sleeping on his mattress / boxsprings.

There was also an entryway into the basement that looked very similar to the entryway of CC's
house on the north side of the house.

ATA - I also saw occasionally those silver fish things. I guess they didn't bother him!

I am in the house I grew up in ...as I posted before our basement has the silver fish, spiders and as I mentioned those huge, crazy cave crickets (didn't know what they were called but a few posters provided the name)...Creepy...but when I was younger my sister did what your son did- covered the walls, threw some cheap tile and a rug on the floor and made her own "pad"...she was always the brave, adventurous (and rebellious) one...she would have slept outside to be farther from my parents at that point in her life.

Maybe the girls did choose to be down there as some said but I kind of doubt it since it was stated that Celina wouldn't stay down there when her sister was away...

I think it's fine for everyone to sleep wherever it works for the family in most cases...I just would NOT feel comfortable with a grown man, who is unrelated to the children, sleeping upstairs while they are downstairs. He might have been like a brother to them, or not, but he is still an unrelated male.

I may be extremely cynical because I work with many children who have been sexually abused...however, given the incidence of sexual abuse that more often than not happens with a family member, close family friend...I find the situation suspicious...I am not blaming the mother because if you haven't seen things through the lens of someone who has lived/worked with/known victims of sexual abuse, you very probably wouldn't think of this in advance...hindsight is always 20/20...

But, the fact that Celina didn't really want to be down there (if this can be inferred by her being frightened to be there if her sister wasn't there which I think it can) I find it sad that he was given preference in living arrangement (which makes me suspect that he may have been paying rent but it could have just been that the room was larger)...

Also, maybe Celina was frightened about being down there when her sister wasn't home because that's when she had been sexually abused- when her sister wasn't around- just speculating- and not because it was creepy down there?

I wonder if dad knows where mom is. She isn't in the home, for sure and if he does know where she is, I don't know if he has the number. Its all up in the air at this point. I doubt they have cell phones, since the reception was so bad up there that LE had to bring in a tower. And when we saw WN through the window at the house in VT where he was staying, it appeared that he was on a cordless phone and not a cell phone. At least the phone he was on looked too big to be a cell phone.

I'm not sure Dad knows where dad is. He seems to be all over the place, is making an awful lot of statements to news reporters. He needs to pick a story and stick with it. Says Mom was a wonderful mother, kids always said everything was fine at home, step dad always treated him with respect.
I highly doubt that when he went there they sat down and had tea and crumpets together.
When we saw WN through the window, at the house in VT where he was staying, the reporter said he was seen through the window eating a sandwich and waved to us. Probably not a cell phone or cordless phone, just a sandwich.

I dunno. I grew up in a house with an unfinished basement and thats where I would hang out and stay a lot of times. My friends and I could listen to music loudly and dance without the whole house sounding like it would cave in like if we were on a higher floor. Plus having a concrete floor we could rollerblade around the floor. And we could do things without fear of being caught like prank calling or watching tv shows we weren't supposed to watch.

Being that close in age I'm sure they had a good time in that basement doing things girls like to do!!!!

BBM
Another reason why they may have known she was wearing shoes, but no description of them. Like I was saying yesterday about not wanting to get your socks dirty or have cold feet.

Rent is a lot higher than that.. I live in a community in NH similar to Stewartstown and rent runs at least $1,000 a month. Usually that is for an apartment. Houses are more.. and usually it does not include any utilities or snow plowing..

BTW Stewartstown has a high unemployment rate.. 14.7% compared to 10% in US and 5% in the rest of NH..

WOW! Thank you for this insight! I don't even pay $1,000 a month now and I live in an very large metro area.

That sounds like something my parents would have done:great:

That sounds like something my parents SHOULD have done :floorlaugh:

Whoops - I didn't quote correctly - but was referring to planting cactus (cacti)?? outside my bedroom window.
That would have kept me out of trouble!

I don't think that the girls having the basement room as their bedroom is a negative in any way. I've seen that enough times in my lifetime that it doesn't strike me as anything to pass judgment on. And the only reason why I would have an issue with being in a basement room by myself is that 'house settling' and other noises seem louder there. Generally, I think the whole uproar over the girls having a basement room is one of those tempests in a teapot.​

I don't see why it matters how the SF acquired his truck. I also don't think it matters what he does all day since he doesn't seem to have a job. Lots of spouses don't work, and I don't see any reason to question what they do all day either.

I'm still not sure about the 'blanket' thing. I'm going to wait until I hear from LE that Celina was wrapped in a blanket before I accept that as fact.

I'm not attaching any importance to comments made by the biological father, partly because he's more of an outsider than anything else, but mostly because I don't have a high opinion of the kind of reporting that goes on while cases like this are unfolding. Reporters want the most tantalizing quotes possible in their stories to hook readers and keep them coming back for more, so I take the snippets they've chosen with a grain of salt.

I disagree. The mom was sleeping on the 3rd floor. Her 11 yr old daughter was sleeping 2 floors away. Sleeping in another room, somewhere between them was a 23 yr old family friend , recently released from prison. I see that as a potential problem. Young girls should not be easily accessible by males recently moved into the home. It is not safe.

Especially given her new husbands emotional history, she needed to be vigilant. She placed her girls too far away from her and so she was not able to be in a protective mode. That bothers me. A lot. Niggles at me actually.

I would like to know how in the heck bio dad would know what the basement looked like and the girls were sleeping on air mattresses on the basement floor, if he has not been able to see them over the past year.
I have assumed the "basement" was converted into a bedroom.
It is starting to bother me about bio dad starting to state, more and more things, I would bet he is not privy to. I don't think he was very involved in his girls lives.
I think we have a very split family, Dad and Mom, I don't think they like each other much. I'm not considering him a real reliable source, or his family, as to what was going on in Celinas life, or her sister.

JMO, Since this all started dad has been visiting with the older sister. I'm sure she is catching him up on all the goings on he had been kept away from. It appears he was kept away because of excuses from the mother and dealing with his own health.

I'm not sure Dad knows where dad is. He seems to be all over the place, is making an awful lot of statements to news reporters. He needs to pick a story and stick with it. Says Mom was a wonderful mother, kids always said everything was fine at home, step dad always treated him with respect.
I highly think that when he went there they sat down and had tea and crumpets together.
When we saw WN through the window, at the house in VT where he was staying, the reporter said he was seen through the window eating a sandwich and waved to us. Probably not a cell phone or cordless phone, just a sandwich.

BBM
Amen to that! In the beginning it was said he left and went there AMA. I really think he is drugged to stay calm. I will go try to find the video where I thought he was on the phone. It didn't look like a sandwich to me unless he eats with his ear. :giggle: Kidding! I remember then saying he was eating, but who knows how long he was actually sitting there with them peaking in the window.

Can you give me the link to the news article about this: SF checked in the special place
I'm just curious about that, is all.

sreshowtime post #806, thread 5:

oh sorry- I earlier thudded over this- re the 'bedroom' thang
-http://www.necn.com/08/03/11/Officia...12&feedID=4206

and I rethudded over news that SF checked in the special place

yet I feel my thudding moments aren't over

special place aka mental facility or what ever the PC way to call it is

Did they have an intercom system the girls could communicate with their mom on the top floor?

Appears as if it was not Celina's bedroom that was given to KM. Both sisters had shared a bedroom in the home previously. If Dad (AL) had not been aware of this before (and had been under the impression that they each had their own bedrooms), perhaps, C's sister told him yesterday during her visit with him:

He says his daughter was put in the basement, saying her home life was not stable. He claims she used to share a room with her sister.

http://www.wgme.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wgme_vid_8756.shtml

Additionally, Dad refers to his daughters' sleeping area as a cellar, not basement:

"The next thing I know they are staying on an air mattress on the cellar floor, staying down in the cellar and to me it's like, why would they do that?..."

[same link]

I'm not sure: this was not written well. It could be taken as she used to share a room with her sister in the cellar (before her death) and had not previously (before KM moved in) which is why he was calling it unstable(?)...

Somewhat kidding and somewhat serious, and honestly, I have no problem with him spending the day on facebook. I know I sure do! Because of my daughter's illnesses I had to quit my job of 10 years to stay home with her. I work and go to school online, since I can't leave the house. Facebook gives me something to do and a link to the outside world and the games give me reason to sit there while working. *It takes a lot of discipline to sit here all day working for next to nothing and going to school online. Lots of people spend all day on facebook. We all have our reasons.

Respectfully, BBM. Yes, some people do spend a lot of time on FB for a variety of reasons, and I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't see any reason to think negatively about those who do so, simply cuz they spend a lot of time on FB.

We don't even know how much time he spent on FB, and I'm not sure why peeps are thinking badly about him, just cuz of his FB account?

not to argue, but we don't know if there was an external entrance to the basement, and for all we know it could have been really nice....i do know that alot of people really fix them up nice for a few reasons, 1. for guests, 2. when they have to be down there for storms, 3. family rooms, 4. bedrooms, we just don't know...and i'm not ready to condem anybody for allowing the kids to sleep there. Do we know how long they have been sleeping there,, it didn't sound from the dad like it had been that long...maybe it was a summer thing for them...

Hmm, do we know if they own the house or rent, I would think that everybody that lived there would know the girls were sleeping there...and i know the lady that just moved said she never saw anything or felt any weirdness etc from the family, said she felt perfectly safe there...

I agree with you, Tambo. We don't know anything about the apartment layout or what condition the basement is in. It's entirely possible that the girls wanted to sleep in the basement. My kids love too. It's an adventure to them. They're 15 and 12, so close in age to CC and KL.

Our basement is only partly finished--my husband made a playroom on one side. There is a shower curtain hanging on one side of the stairs to block off the storage area and a swinging door into the laundry area. We haven't had any problems with insects in the basement at all. We're in the woods and we get moths on the first floor when we let the dog in and out at night. And we get teeny little bugs that come through the screens when the lights are on inside and hover around the lamps. So actually, the basement has less bugs than upstairs.

With the heat wave we'd been having leading up to Celina's disappearance, the kids slept down there every night on cots. It's much cooler. They stay up later in the summer and like to sleep later in the morning. In the basement, the sunlight doesn't wake them up. They even like to sleep down there in the winter and our basement is not heated. There is a portable type heater they use. But they are cosy and happy in sleeping bags. They are together, it's their own private place. It's like a clubhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01