Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The AG said the ME "presumed" the date of death to be the day she went missing. Since when do MEs presume the date of death? I thought they established the date and approximate time of death,

Respectfully, BBM. Yes, some people do spend a lot of time on FB for a variety of reasons, and I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't see any reason to think negatively about those who do so, simply cuz they spend a lot of time on FB.

We don't even know how much time he spent on FB, and I'm not sure why peeps are thinking badly about him, just cuz of his FB account?

And some people spend all day on Websleuths. :giggle:

We don't have basements here in FL, but I had one in my house where I grew up in VA. My older sister and I would have loved to have our bedroom down in our finished basement. Just saying.

When I was about 12 I begged my parents to let me have my own room in the basement of our older house, as I shared a BR with my sister at the time. We had a good-sized basement and only the front part of it was semi-finished, with built-in bookcases and everything. Instead they wanted it as a sort of rec room, but I really would have loved to have it for my own and I don't remember any objections that it wasn't appropriate for a kid--just that they wanted the pool table and other things down there instead. I still spent a lot of time down there. And it was so nice and cool in the summer.

And several other people in our neighborhood had bedrooms in their finished or semi-finished basements back then. Sometimes they were the kids' rooms, sometimes it was a 'summer' bedroom where the adults would sleep when it was too hot upstairs. Most of the homes in our older neighborhood didn't have a/c then.

So no, I can't make any judgments about the girls sleeping in the basement.

The AG said the ME "presumed" the date of death to be the day she went missing. Since when do MEs presume the date of death? I thought they established the date and approximate time of death,

They do under better conditions. They use liver temp, decomp, etc. But since the body was in the water those methods would not work. I don't know if there is any way to tell when the body is found under those conditions. jmo

I am more concerned that the girls were sleeping on a blow up matress than they were sleeping in the basement/cellar. If they had beds in the previous room, why didn't they move those beds to the basement?

In old houses, the doorways and stairs are smaller and the layout may not have been conducive to moving beds easily. It's possible that the girls were only sleeping there temporarily. Without knowing anything about the quality of their mattresses, perhaps the air mattress was more comfortable.

Did they have an intercom system the girls could communicate with their mom on the top floor?

I was just going to post that whoever harmed her made sure that many components of physically isolating her were in place, so that she couldn't cry out for help: One that stands out to me is that she was basically alone, because her sister was away, as others here have stated.

Respectfully, BBM. Yes, some people do spend a lot of time on FB for a variety of reasons, and I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't see any reason to think negatively about those who do so, simply cuz they spend a lot of time on FB.

We don't even know how much time he spent on FB, and I'm not sure why peeps are thinking badly about him, just cuz of his FB account?

bbm

Have you SEEN his FB account? Have you looked at his friends list.... it is unusual, to say the least, for a married man - no - any man. It is almost entirely soft *advertiser censored* model women.

He has 2 RSO brothers, one of which was a child molestation.

He was involuntarily hospitalized for paranoid schizophrenia in 2003 for a domestic charge where he threatened his girlfriend with physical violence.

I haven't convicted him yet in my mind, but there are certainly reasons one could have to think badly about him, imho.

To me... it kinda looks like a dump, that's (hopefully) being renovated.

I dunno. Just saw the movie Winter's Bone last weekend and some of the houses/properties in that movie ... comparatively, the Victorian house/property is the Taj Mahal. Also, I've seen some pretty sad shacks in the outskirts of Cancun, Mexico and I was once in a double wide in rural Georgia where small farm animals (goats/chickens) were alowed to roam freely in the trailer.

It's all relative. :twocents:

When I was about 12 I begged my parents to let me have my own room in the basement of our older house, as I shared a BR with my sister at the time. We had a good-sized basement and only the front part of it was semi-finished, with built-in bookcases and everything. Instead they wanted it as a sort of rec room, but I really would have loved to have it for my own and I don't remember any objections that it wasn't appropriate for a kid--just that they wanted the pool table and other things down there instead. I still spent a lot of time down there. And it was so nice and cool in the summer.

So no, I can't make any judgments about the girls sleeping in the basement.

I live in Texas and basements are almost non existent. Except I have friends from Ohio who built a new home and included a basement. They have 3 bedrooms in their basement. Course they are nicely done, but we don't know maybe so was Celina's. jmo

Rent is a lot higher than that.. I live in a community in NH similar to Stewartstown and rent runs at least $1,000 a month. Usually that is for an apartment. Houses are more.. and usually it does not include any utilities or snow plowing..

BTW Stewartstown has a high unemployment rate.. 14.7% compared to 10% in US and 5% in the rest of NH..

Thanks for the local info, Pgayle!

The biological father was not kept from seeing the kids. I saw an interview with him and he said he has recently been there talking with the kids about their report cards, etc. He said he was always treated respectfully by the stepdad and mother. Mother took the kids to see him when he was in the hospital. The reports that she kept him from seeing the kids appear to be false.

The biological father was not kept from seeing the kids. I saw an interview with him and he said he has recently been there talking with the kids about their report cards, etc. He said he was always treated respectfully by the stepdad and mother. Mother took the kids to see him when he was in the hospital. The reports that she kept him from seeing the kids appear to be false.

Doesn't it seem that in all cases that involve an absent parent one story comes out and then another comes out. I am not saying that is anyone's fault, but I too have seen his interviews and his story has changed from the first one to the ones now. jmo

I think once you spend a week under water, presuming is the best you can do. JMO. :seeya:

I'm not sure Dad knows where dad is. He seems to be all over the place, is making an awful lot of statements to news reporters. He needs to pick a story and stick with it. Says Mom was a wonderful mother, kids always said everything was fine at home, step dad always treated him with respect.
I highly doubt that when he went there they sat down and had tea and crumpets together.
When we saw WN through the window, at the house in VT where he was staying, the reporter said he was seen through the window eating a sandwich and waved to us. Probably not a cell phone or cordless phone, just a sandwich.

BBM

Clearly a phone AND a sandwich, between 30 and 40 seconds, right after the EMTs were holding the sheet up so he couldn't be seen on the way into the hospital.

http://www.wmur.com/video/28741302/detail.html

If Celina and her sister sleep in the basement together, and according to an Aunt---when C's sister was not sleeping home, C slept on the couch>how could C's Mom not notice she was missing prior to leaving for work (Mom would notice that C was not asleep on the couch).

Flashes of H Dunn Case again.

I wondered about this too. It would be interesting to know the layout of the floor that the living room is on. Then again, I guess we don't know for sure that Celina slept on the couch. We don't even know for sure that she did go to sleep that night :maddening:

I don't think the house looks like a dump. It looks like a standard old house that now has apartments in it. Many such buildings have finished basements so that the landlord can sqeeze more rent from tenants.

here's a photo - looks like a haunted house to me -the outside is not finished so why would the basement be?
">

I think once you spend a week under water, presuming is the best you can do. JMO. :seeya:

When my BIL committed suicide, they went by the date they found him, not the date they believed he had died based on the evidence. That's here in Allegheny County in Pennsylvania. Just my 2¢.

Like I said, I have no problem with people who spend all day on facebook. I am speculating that he spends a lot of time on there, since he couldn't tear himself away, at 9:11 am on the day he claims that he found her missing a full 41 minutes after the latest time of his discovery, when he was posting to girls that he lived in VT, while his wife was supposedly too distraught to call 911 and he wasn't doing it either. Jsut sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KKE20101