Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Interesting quote from Celina's paternal grandfather:

"I just hope justice is brought and whoever's responsible gets the max because that little girl didn't deserve that," Wally Laro told the Boston Herald on Wednesday. "I don't want no Casey Anthony."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20088038-504083.html

I think he just means he doesn't want the killer to go free? It's just interesting to me, because usually I'd think relatives would talk about getting justice after the killer has been found?

IMHO LE knows who, what, when, where, and how and probably have known for some time. The continued investigation and silence is so that they can properly prepare so that the is "no Casey Anthony".

I would like to know how in the heck bio dad would know what the basement looked like and the girls were sleeping on air mattresses on the basement floor, if he has not been able to see them over the past year.

SBM

According to the article,

Laro said his son, Adam, Celina’s father, had tried to see her and her sister several times over the past year, but their mother usually told him they were busy or not at home.

So that tells me that most of the times that he tried to see them, he was unable to, but occassionally he was able to.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...dad_cries_out_for_justice_celina_cass_murder/

I wonder if KM is on house arrest and is being monitored. Maybe he had to be upstairs in the main house because of that if he is.

JMO, there are a lot of misconceptions about the insanity defense. (I'm guilty too, even though I keep up with this stuff - a couple days ago someone said that NH goes by the Durham Rule, which I did not know!) I read Amazon.com: Alone With the Devil: Famous Cases of a Courtroom Psychiatrist (9780553285208): M.D. Ronald Markman, Dominick Bosco: Bookslast summer and it gave me some perspective on the relationship between psychology and the law. It's somewhat outdated (published 1990), but it was a good read because IMO it's important to know the history of the law-science relationship if you want to understand it well.

I was the one that posted about the Durham Rule and NH is the ONLY state that uses that. For those who don't know or didn't see it, under Durham, the jury decides if the person is insane and no doctors are needed, really. And more importantly, the defendant is not "criminally responsible if his unlawful act is the product of a mental disease or defect."

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/more-criminal-topics/insanity-defense/the-durham-rule.html

How can anyone who would murder an innocent child not have a mental defect? Ugh!

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Interesting quote from Celina's paternal grandfather:

"I just hope justice is brought and whoever's responsible gets the max because that little girl didn't deserve that," Wally Laro told the Boston Herald on Wednesday. "I don't want no Casey Anthony."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20088038-504083.html

I think he just means he doesn't want the killer to go free? It's just interesting to me, because usually I'd think relatives would talk about getting justice after the killer has been found?

There was more to this quote. In the article quoted he says "I just hope justice is brought and whoever's responsible gets the max because that little girl didn't deserve that," BUT I'm not just talking about that, there was also something more in another article, about being left grasping for answers or something. I will try to go find it again.

ETA: Not the one with the quote, but does say it here: " The grief-stricken grandfather of 11-year-old Celina Cass is pleading for police to solve the girl’s suspicious death and not leave loved ones grasping for answers like they are in Florida’s Casey Anthony case."

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...dad_cries_out_for_justice_celina_cass_murder/

There was also this quote that I didn't see int he other article: "“They brought an army up here to search for her. And I believe they will get to the bottom of this, because something’s wrong,” he said outside his home."

Morning all,

My first post here. Two thoughts on this unthinkable story:

Great sleuthing going on here. In a way, hopefully somebody in these forums can provide "tips" after the awful fact--maybe something investigators can somehow use. It would be interesting to know if the parents have legal counsel yet. If WN has been re-hospitalized, I'm guessing that'll be the next significant announcement--he'll get a lawyer.

:greetings: Respectfully snipped for space and BBM

This is exactly what I have been waiting for since I heard that for certain the neighbor called 911. I am so upset about this that I don't know what to do. Especially knowing that the SF was posting to people on facebook at 9:11, so he was obviously not too distraught to function. I'm going to be mostly quiet today. I have a meeting with some people and a detective on Saturday to discuss information in a cold case that I had posted about here 2 years ago, to discuss what details I am allowed to post here about the case and that means I need to get a jump on some school work. Probably best that I put myself in Time Out until we hear something more. I'm too angry and out of patience with people not calling 911 to trust myself at this point. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that this happened so often. :(

Or they were still using dial-up. In some of the more rural areas, local to me, high-speed internet still isn't available.

As long as you have a router connected to the modem (which could be on the main floor), it can send a signal wirelessly through the house.

:welcome5:
Morning all,

My first post here. Two thoughts on this unthinkable story:

First, Celina's room was in the basement. Why would both parents go down to the basement to say good night to Celina as has been widely reported? It just sounds a bit off to me. Sure, some families have little rituals, both might have come down to see something else in the basement and just each popped in to say good night...i dunno, it just seems odd.

Secondly, many media sources reported that her parents said that they last saw Celina on her computer in her room--but her room's in the basement. How do people get Internet in their basements so far north that cell phone coverage is a problem? Forgive my ignorance if in fact it's not a problem; I'm in a big city and we still have Internet dead spots.

Maybe LE knows that the parents' "unified front" has some holes?

Great sleuthing going on here. In a way, hopefully somebody in these forums can provide "tips" after the awful fact--maybe something investigators can somehow use. It would be interesting to know if the parents have legal counsel yet. If WN has been re-hospitalized, I'm guessing that'll be the next significant announcement--he'll get a lawyer.

:welcome3:

IMHO LE knows who, what, when, where, and how and probably have known for some time. The continued investigation and silence is so that they can properly prepare so that the is "no Casey Anthony".

You know, that is what I used to think during the Cummings case. I sure hope this case is different.

A previous female co-worker chose her family situation and it went like this---

Adult female, married, with children, husband in house and another male living with them also as she didn't mind that hubby had a relationship with the fella and she probably did too.

So, could that be a scenario too? Just sayin'

My opinions only-who knows?

Off to work; hoping for announcement of a major break in this case very soon...

The fact that Celina's body was found so quickly and a very large team of multi-agency LE (led by a top notch AG) has been on the case from the get-go gives me hope that this won't be another Caylee Anthony, or Haleigh Cummings, or Hailey Dunn, etc... But, I do think there may have been criminal activity going on in the house (nothing to back it up, just MO) and that may add more potential scenarios and POIs to the mix. Hope not, it's bad enough as it stands.

Have a good day fellow sleuthers!

SBM

According to the article,

So that tells me that most of the times that he tried to see them, he was unable to, but occassionally he was able to.

Here's more:

Laro has said that during a recent visit to his daughters' house, Celina’s mother told both girls to share their good report cards with their father. He told CNN that Celina was happy living with her mother and stepfather.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal...sy-inconclusive-toxicology-tests-pending.html

And this is new to me:

“I thought that she was just lost somewhere, that she was still alive, that if I think positive, positive things would happen,” he said.

And then on Monday, his father came to the house, accompanied by two grim-faced FBI agents.

“I knew it wasn't good. It destroyed me,” he said.

Article also says that he has diabetes on top of everything else

Last month, Laro visited his two daughters, Kayla, 13, and Celina, at their home.

“I told (Louisa) that when they got older, they could decide whether they wanted to come live with their dad, that I’d like to have my years with them,” he said.

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110804/NEWS03/708049971/0/newhampshire03

I can't find it right now, but there was also an article last night, posted here, that said that he saw a lot of different faces coming and going in that house--not an exact quote, but close

I wonder if KM is on house arrest and is being monitored. Maybe he had to be upstairs in the main house because of that if he is.

I would have put him on the couch and let him keep his stuff in the basement before I would put any one of my kids in the basement.

In fact, as of this moment, I have not slept in a bed since my daughter was born 4 years ago. I have a finished attic that is supposed to be my room, but I won't sleep up there because I can't have my kids downstairs while I am upstairs and I can't put them upstairs because the steps are so steep that I am afraid to have them go up and down them. Once she was diagnosed with the apnea it became a non issue because now I spend the night awake sitting next to her until the kids' dad gets up to sit with her so I can rest.

And then on Monday, his father came to the house, accompanied by two grim-faced FBI agents.

Sorry to quote myself, but I really find it interesting that this was stated in that article. I was under the impression that he found out from the FBI via phone call.

Okay, I am really out now....BBL!

Last night when I posted about the criminal mind, I was too tired to get into a deep explanation but this is what the police guy told me. Mind you it was not a discussion about the Celina Cass case, it was about crime in general and how criminal act.

He told me that most criminals aren't that smart (not like you see on TV where things have plans etc.) that average criminals committee crimes when there is opportunity. They also don't like to go outside of their area since they want to know their surroundings. For example if they have to run through the woods they want to be familiar with them, and not be in a place where they don't know where they running. He also said they don't think that far ahead..

Which is why I doubt that someone was setting up WN. The cast of characters is interesting and shows a dysfunctional family at best.

If CC bedroom was in the basement how could her mother go there if she is in a wheelchair? Or is the wheelchair a temporary thing? I did not notice any ramps on the house going inside. If the family is on some type of assistance for housing it is not likely that the family had the equipment in the house for a disabled person to go down the cellar steps.

I worked with an elderly client who needed a wheelchair and she could not get a ramp because they don't like to invest that amount of dollars on rental properties..

New Hampshire is a frugal state as far as funding for stuff like that goes..

Easy with the facebook links folks. I know your intentions are good, but some of these people are only peripherally related to this case, and really don't deserve to be publicly fingered on an investigative forum. There are reasons for these rules, jmo.

Sorry to quote myself, but I really find it interesting that this was stated in that article. I was under the impression that he found out from the FBI via phone call.

Okay, I am really out now....BBL!

I think AL is becoming more clear in his thoughts as time goes by after leaving the hospitsal.
Plus, I think he's getting a lot of feedback/comments from his family.... ALjr & parents.

I wonder about ALjr & if he spent much time at Louisa's house.
There is at least one photo of him next to Louisa (Mo) & Wendell (SF).

I wonder if he'll be making any comments to the media.
His silence is bothering me. I'd think he knows a lot more than he's saying... which is nada.

Here's more:

Laro has said that during a recent visit to his daughters' house, Celina’s mother told both girls to share their good report cards with their father. He told CNN that Celina was happy living with her mother and stepfather.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal...sy-inconclusive-toxicology-tests-pending.html

And this is new to me:

“I thought that she was just lost somewhere, that she was still alive, that if I think positive, positive things would happen,” he said.

Article also says that he has diabetes on top of everything else

Last month, Laro visited his two daughters, Kayla, 13, and Celina, at their home.

“I told (Louisa) that when they got older, they could decide whether they wanted to come live with their dad, that I’d like to have my years with them,” he said.

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110804/NEWS03/708049971/0/newhampshire03

I can't find it right now, but there was also an article last night, posted here, that said that he saw a lot of different faces coming and going in that house--not an exact quote, but close

This is what you're looking for...

"The next thing I know they are staying on an air mattress on the cellar floor, staying down in the cellar and to me it's like, why would they do that? It wasn't a good atmosphere over there, there were a lot of people in and out of that place and a lot of faces every time I went over there. It hurts me incredibly. I don't even know how to explain it-- it's crushing-- it's heart crushing-- it's like a sore that is never going to leave," said Laro.

http://www.wgme.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wgme_vid_8756.shtml

Some things I am not clear on:

1. Dad stated no one in LE talked to him at all, but now states that FBI agents came to notify him about Celina's death?
2. Dad stated he does not talk to Celina's mom but it seems as if they were in contact regularly before?

I know dad is a victim here and I am not trying to cast suspicion AT ALL but I am trying to wrap my brain around some of the statements he has made and I think I am confusing myself with other people in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence