Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-teens and early teens want many things. I'm firm on this. An 11 yr old female pre-teen and a 13 yr old female do not belong in the semi-finished/finished basement or a cellar while an adult male sleeps in the main part of the home in their previous bedroom. Nope. Something wrong here.

<Modsnip>

Placing the girls in the basement, assuming it was not some dungeon, might have been a great choice. Certainly it would give them more privacy, and if their adult guest worked or partied in the evenings his coming and going would not disturb them. You simply have no way to know.

Further, at this point I would suggest you question everything the bio father might say. His statements have been all over the map, they are totally unverified, and he clearly has an axe to grind.

Sales Tax??? What's that???
I just spent a few days in Maine & had to pay sales tax...highway robbery that's what it is!
Heard on the radio that MA is having their no sales tax weekend soon...crazy stuff. Of course we have to pay $1.oo to go thru the tolls (.50 or .75 to exit to a toll town).

Sorry for the o/t, but if you hate sales tax and think $1 for a toll is high, don't consider ever moving to Cook County (Chicago)!!!:floorlaugh:

What is your source for that info? The latest post I can find on his Facebook page was on 7/18 at 10:29 am, a full week before Celina went missing. Thanks.

His most recent post was deleted. I read that several people (200+?) commented on that post, harrassing him about it.

Was there a 23 yr old family friend, recently released from prison staying in your home at the time? Did you have a SF with mental issues, with a violent history which included attacking a girlfriend in her sleep? Because if so, then your sleeping in the basement might not have been the best option.

At 15, our daughter moved into our 'detached garage/family room' and made it like her own lil apartment. technically she lived in another building from us.
[ although she did have to come inside often for thew bathroom and kitchen facilities.]

If we had a male boarder living with us I would not have let her 'move outside.' And if we didn't have our psycho German Shepherd no way.

So I understand the urge a kid has to get away from the parents and have some space. But Celina was only 11, and there were dangers surrounding her.

They both were young daughers......11 and 13 years old. If I was a young girl I would find living in a basement frightening especially if I had to sleep on the floor on an air mattress only? Why weren't their bedroom sets brought down there with them?

I be d*mned if I would remove my own children from the main floor and put them down in the basement and let a 23 year old man live with me in the main area.

He would be sleeping in the basement on the air mattress. Not my girls.

That is why I want to know who's decision was this and why?

Imo, there are secrets in that home and I am not sure if all of them that lived there didnt know the secrets either. I pray if her young sister knew what went on in that house she will have the courage to tell the police even if it is harmful to those she may love. Celina deserves justice.

IMO

New here, but have been reading and keeping up w/this case since the beginning.

I've seen a lot of comments, concerns, questions about dental care for CC. I noticed in a picture that KL's friend had posted that KL has braces (picture taken in June). So it would appear that dental care was probably being considered for CC, as well.

I have some other thoughts I'll post in a bit.

Sorry for the o/t, but if you hate sales tax and think $1 for a toll is high, don't consider ever moving to Cook County (Chicago)!!!:floorlaugh:
??? not that I would ever consider moving, but what is so interesting about Cook County Chicago? Will have to google it to understand your post.

BBM
Amen to that! In the beginning it was said he left and went there AMA. I really think he is drugged to stay calm. I will go try to find the video where I thought he was on the phone. It didn't look like a sandwich to me unless he eats with his ear. :giggle: Kidding! I remember then saying he was eating, but who knows how long he was actually sitting there with them peaking in the window.

OK...I thought I'd read all the pages thus far...but what is this "sandwich/phone/peeking in windows" scenario that you guys are talking about?? It sounds fascinating!

I never seen this picture before you posted it. I would have to say that were the investigators are in the yard is in front of a covered stairwell that leads to the basement or cellar. With an exit like this directly to the outside of the house from the basement it would be easy for an intruder to enter the basement without anyone knowing upstairs and also easy for someone to remove Celina's body from the house without anyone knowing also. A pickup or vehicle could have been parked close by to put her body in and she would not have had to been carried very far at all.

The Google street view map shows a door at this stairwell entrance that is closed and also if you look closely you can see a red pickup parked close to the house in the parking lot or driveway. There is also a red pickup that is parked behind a delivery truck in the restaurant parking lot next door. I'm not sure when the Google maps were made, so I don't know if the red pickup by the house might of been KM's truck or not. Judging from the leaves on the trees in the Google map the photo was made in the fall. I know in one of the photos or video's I seen of investigators looking at the shirt in the back of the red truck before the truck was taken away, the red truck was parked on this same side of the house. Almost directly to the right of where the investigators are standing in the yard in the photo posted by DeeMarie. If anyone has a picture of the investigators inspecting the truck and shirt please post it.

The Boston Herald story last week said that police examined and photographed the red pickup on Wednesday (last week) and at the time it was parked across the street from the house. Apparently police cars were moved next to the truck so the press could not photograph what was going on.

That is why it is good to read a variety of sources and then see if they agree. I am not saying all newspapers do this, but it happens.
------------
That is why I used the word: generally, not usually, or always.

No, I'm not currently a reporter, but I was at one time (also went to grad. school in Journalism). And yes, it is good to contrast and compare various news sources. It is also important not to take at face value postings on the internet, or the utterances of the talking heads.

Was there a 23 yr old family friend, recently released from prison staying in your home at the time? Did you have a SF with mental issues, with a violent history which included attacking a girlfriend in her sleep? Because if so, then your sleeping in the basement might not have been the best option.

I was participating in a discussion about the concept of a kid sleeping in a basement at all, not an analysis of the living arrangements of this family which, quite frankly, we know very little if anything. I shared my desire as a kid of similar age to have my room in the basement, and that's all.

Really, though, I don't think it matters what the sleeping arrangements are if one is concerned about who is living in one's house for them. I sense that there's some kind of argument that's trying to be made that the girls would have somehow been safer if they'd slept in an upper BR, but I don't get that at all. Why does that matter, really?

With how little we know about any of these people, though, I continue to reserve judgment about the living arrangements of this family. I don't know enough to even voice an opinion about whether they made good choices or not, let alone judge them as harshly as they seem to have been as this story has unfolded.

I never seen this picture before you posted it. I would have to say that were the investigators are in the yard is in front of a covered stairwell that leads to the basement or cellar. With an exit like this directly to the outside of the house from the basement it would be easy for an intruder to enter the basement without anyone knowing upstairs and also easy for someone to remove Celina's body from the house without anyone knowing also. A pickup or vehicle could have been parked close by to put her body in and she would not have had to been carried very far at all.

Do we know that a person could enter that exterior basement door and be in the part of the basement where the girls slept? It's a big house and might have a big basement. Link, please?

They both were young daughers......11 and 13 years old. If I was a young girl I would find living in a basement frightening especially if I had to sleep on the floor on an air mattress only? Why weren't their bedroom sets brought down there with them?

I be d*mned if I would remove my own children from the main floor and put them down in the basement and let a 23 year old man live with me in the main area.

He would be sleeping in the basement on the air mattress. Not my girls.

That is why I want to know who's decision was this and why?

Imo, there are secrets in that home and I am not sure if all of them that lived there didnt know the secrets either. I pray if her young sister knew what went on in that house she will have the courage to tell the police even if it is harmful to those she may love. Celina deserves justice.

IMO

I totally agree with you, but for all we know they were sleeping on air mattresses in their room. We don't know what kind of furniture any of them had. Having said that I wish we could see inside the home or at least a floor plan of it. I can't imagine an apartment that is three floors. jmo

What is your source for that info? The latest post I can find on his Facebook page was on 7/18 at 10:29 am, a full week before Celina went missing. Thanks.

I was commenting on a post, trying to clarify. I have no facts at all.

I wish we had a "timeline" for the night before she was discovered to be missing...she was last seen on a computer is too vague for me...Was it a family desktop or a laptop? Was she in the basement with it or a common area?

If it was the basement why was the SF the last to see her- where was mom? Something about this bothers me...I always check on my kids before bed...in the summer they may go to bed later than me (but certainly none of us before 9)...when this is the case, I check on them when I wake up to go to the bathroom which unfortunately isn't more than a couple hours after I go to bed :banghead:...I know, I know...:tmi:

So, mom doesn't check on her overnight or in the morning and goes off to work? And her sister is not home and she is not on the couch where according to the aunt she usually sleeps when her sister is not home?

I wish we knew when mom got home, when everyone supposedly went to bed and where, etc...something just seems off about the whole timeline (without even addressing a neighbor needing to be the one to call 911 after being told by the sister CC was missing and then going to ask the hysterical parents, one of whom is apparently on FB shortly before or after the neighbors visit)...:banghead:

ETA: I'm thinking it was not a laptop because then she would have needed a wi-fi connection and with the apparently poor cell phone reception I bet wi-fi was probably difficult (and expensive) in the area but I could be wrong about this...

His most recent post was deleted. I read that several people (200+?) commented on that post, harrassing him about it.

That's interesting. I've checked hos page at least once a day and never saw any comments on any of his posts. I wonder if HE deleted it???? I doubt he has the "home" computer back from the police.

I think that there should be public access to the house floorplan on file with the county. I don't know how to access those records in NH but I do know that we have posters here that do. I think that if someone was able to get access to those records it should give us details on the floor plan including if the basement was finished.

Having just been visited by our county assessor's office, I know that it was noted on my records that my basement was unfinished. Just a thought

The Google street view map shows a door at this stairwell entrance that is closed and also if you look closely you can see a red pickup parked close to the house in the parking lot or driveway. There is also a red pickup that is parked behind a delivery truck in the restaurant parking lot next door. I'm not sure when the Google maps were made, so I don't know if the red pickup by the house might of been KM's truck or not. Judging from the leaves on the trees in the Google map the photo was made in the fall. I know in one of the photos or video's I seen of investigators looking at the shirt in the back of the red truck before the truck was taken away, the red truck was parked on this same side of the house. Almost directly to the right of where the investigators are standing in the yard in the photo posted by DeeMarie. If anyone has a picture of the investigators inspecting the truck and shirt please post it.

Zoom in for a better look

West Stewartstown - Google Maps

Thanx for the google map, Joe Friday.
I'm surprised at the open spaces & large parking lots across the street from CC's house.
For some reason, I pictured in my mind there to be more residences there.

I agree that it seems that it would be easy, as you described above,
to take a body out of the basement, without being seen, late at night.

New here, but have been reading and keeping up w/this case since the beginning.

I've seen a lot of comments, concerns, questions about dental care for CC. I noticed in a picture that KL's friend had posted that KL has braces (picture taken in June). So it would appear that dental care was probably being considered for CC, as well.

I have some other thoughts I'll post in a bit.

:welcome:

Very nice first post. It makes me feel better hearing that. I like to think that CC had a very nice life up until the tragedy. I want to believe that anyway.

Anyone have a link to the photo from CC's fb where she is looking through the roll of duct tape?

I've looked at their county assessor website, the floor plans and other information doesn't appear to be available online. I was curious as to the owner of the property. If the Ns were the owners and rented the other rooms out, or if they were renters themselves.

I was participating in a discussion about the concept of a kid sleeping in a basement at all, not an analysis of the living arrangements of this family which, quite frankly, we know very little if anything. I shared my desire as a kid of similar age to have my room in the basement, and that's all.

Really, though, I don't think it matters what the sleeping arrangements are if one is concerned about who is living in one's house for them. I sense that there's some kind of argument that's trying to be made that the girls would have somehow been safer if they'd slept in an upper BR, but I don't get that at all. Why does that matter, really?

With how little we know about any of these people, though, I continue to reserve judgment about the living arrangements of this family. I don't know enough to even voice an opinion about whether they made good choices or not, let alone judge them as harshly as they seem to have been as this story has unfolded.

Do we know that a person could enter that exterior basement door and be in the part of the basement where the girls slept? It's a big house and might have a big basement. Link, please?

I don't see a lot of harsh judging going on. Just concern and speculation based on media reports.

I think the sleeping arrangements matter a lot. The closer the kids are to mom, the more she can hear. Sure, it's not foolproof but it's much better. If all we are hearing is true, the welfare of these girls may have been considered by the parents very casually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties