Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The stepfather of 11-year-old Celina Cass, the New Hampshire girl who went missing before her body was found in a river near her home, has reportedly checked himself into a mental clinic. This marks the second time this week that Wendell Noyes has been hospitalized; he went to the emergency room on the day Celina’s body was found.

Noyes has schizophrenia and was previously committed to a mental facility after threatening an ex-girlfriend in 2003. He has not yet been named as a suspect in the case of his stepdaughter’s death."

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/08/05/stepfather-of-celina-cass-checks-himself-into-mental-clinic/

I found it interesting that he has not "yet" been named as a suspect.

True. Never heard of someone being put on display for a service and then being cremated later though....I have had two family members who passed away and there was no funeral, just a family visitation and then a graveside service the next day....:waitasec:

My friend's husband just did that very thing a few months ago. She died quite unexpectedly, and I really think he was in shock when he decided on an open casket. Wouldn't have been her choice, IMO....and we buried my mother the same way you did your two family members.

In this case, I prefer not to know further details of Celina's funeral and burial. To me, it's a private time for those who knew and loved her, and I'm afraid there will be a media frenzy. For my part, it's heartbreaking enough to know what we all know.

I hope Celina's service is lovely and I'll bet everyone in town will be there to honor and respect the memory of sweet Celina and mourn her loss. After the services, I hope the honor and respect continues...

Guess I'm getting jaded; I fully expect family members to start asking for donations. People can donate to whomever they want and I truly appreciate generosity under tragic circumstances, but I sadly see a trend where victims' families are trying to turn their tragedies into a means to fund/improve their own lifestyles. I hope that doesn't happen in Celina's case; it feels so disrespectful to the victim, imo...

I was disappointed by the donation and fund-raising strategies levied by Caylee's grandparents (and Caylee's mom's lawyers attempts to exploit profit from the media), Hailey Dunn's parents launching a "Hailey Gear" product line (complete with doggy tshirts) within 8 weeks of her disappearance and asking for personal handouts on Facebook... And, now Laura Ackerson's estranged family members fighting over who should be soliciting donations for her motherless children... Mariha Smith's mother Konesha (whose sister is wanted for questioning regarding the "kidnapping" and murder of precious little Mariha while mom herself was passed out drunk with 5 children in her care after a "house party") was out "fund-raising" yesterday, though the funeral home was donating it's services for Mariha, IIRC.

I understand privately administered donations for search efforts and rewards when a victim is missing, help for the family if they are not suspected and are unable to work and get government assistance, and burial arrangements. Beyond that, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when family members are involved/suspected in the victim's demise, were estranged from the victim, are drug-abusers, or whose neglect contributed to the victimization. JMO.

Off my soap box and back on topic. Suffice it to say, I sure hope the Laro, Cass and Noyes family members focus simply on the loss of Celina and seeking justice and don't start asking for money to improve their lifestyles via Celina's senseless murder.

Justice for Celina Cass...

All JMO, MO....

Huh. You're right. Because that would (I believe) entailed being embalmed ... then cremated. Gereally, either you are embalmed and buried OR not embalmed and cremated.

Regarding burying the cremains, I know some who do--in fact as my grandfather's cremains are buried at a VA cemetary, we were allowed to bury my grandmother's cremains next to/with his.

Some bury cremains in a masoleum, which are also at cemetaries, so they can have a place to 'visit'.

The family may already have a family plot so that may be why they'd want to bury the cremains. I'm just stumped on the pink casket thing, cause AFAIK, the 'casket' they cremate you in is not what you see your loved one laying in at a funeral home. Perhaps they just want a pink closed (and only holding ashes) casket at the service to have something .... there? Although an urn could be displayed... :waitasec:

Maybe this is just another MSM bumble of jumbled facts and suppositions.

The only time embalming is required by law is when there is a public viewing.

Huh. You're right. Because that would (I believe) entailed being embalmed ... then cremated. Gereally, either you are embalmed and buried OR not embalmed and cremated.

Regarding burying the cremains, I know some who do--in fact as my grandfather's cremains are buried at a VA cemetary, we were allowed to bury my grandmother's cremains next to/with his.

Some bury cremains in a masoleum, which are also at cemetaries, so they can have a place to 'visit'.

The family may already have a family plot so that may be why they'd want to bury the cremains. I'm just stumped on the pink casket thing, cause AFAIK, the 'casket' they cremate you in is not what you see your loved one laying in at a funeral home. Perhaps they just want a pink closed (and only holding ashes) casket at the service to have something .... there? Although an urn could be displayed... :waitasec:

MY SIL decided to have a viewing and service and then afterwards my BIL was cremated. We had thought that since his desire was to be cremated, that we'd never see him again, so it was nice that she decided to have a viewing and service. It made is easier on the family since he was only 34 and had taken his own life. Gave my hubby and MIL a little bit of closure that I don't think they would have had if she would not have done it that way. Just putting in my 2 ¢...again.

The only time embalming is required by law is when there is a public viewing.

Gotcha. I just can't imagine a family putting an unembalmed person in a casket that will stay closed/won't be viewed, and then taken back out to be cremated. That's not to say it doesn't happen! :seeya:

The family may already have a family plot so that may be why they'd want to bury the cremains. I'm just stumped on the pink casket thing, cause AFAIK, the 'casket' they bury you in is not what you see your loved one laying in at a funeral home. Perhaps they just want a pink closed (and only holding ashes) casket at the service to have something .... there? Although and urn could be displayed... :waitasec:

Embalming has more to do with the preservation of the body for an open casket visitation, than if the person will be buried or cremated.

Even individuals that plan on being cremated will be embalmed if the visitation will include viewing of the body.

Also someone that is not able to have a open casket visitation because of the manner of their death might not be embalmed even if they are going to be buried. Usually the reason for not having an open casket is their death involved an accident and viewing of the body would understandably be undesirable.

So, I just read the rumors posted on Facebook, then went and read the source material posted in comments on news articles. Fascinating stuff. I am local to the Krista Dittmeyer case and will say that locals here were reporting similar, very detailed inside information from the beginning that turned out to be completely true. One woman I spoke with was at Cranmore Fitness Center the day they found her body in the pond and had many, many details that were absolutely correct.........just saying. :twocents:

My father was cremated. We received his cremains in the box my mother chose. That was what was displayed at the memorial service. There was no coffin and no viewing. Why have a coffin if you are not viewing the body? And not to be too graphic, but I can't imagine that after that many days in the water that Celina was viewable even if the family desired it. :(

Cremation occurs in a cement board box (at least in Texas). The body cannot legally be put into the crematorium without a container and those coffins are meant to be viewed at the service, not burned. Can't say how they do it in NH, but my understanding was these rules became law because of some shenanigans going on at crematoriums......I asked alot of questions before my father was cremated.

ETA: Hope this isn't too much information.
Cremation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Body container
In the U.S., a body ready to be cremated must be placed in a container for cremation,[citation needed] which can be a simple corrugated cardboard box or a wooden casket (coffin). Most casket manufacturers provide a line of caskets specially built for cremation[citation needed]. Another option is a cardboard box that fits inside a wooden shell designed to look like a traditional casket. After the funeral service, the interior box is removed from the shell before cremation, permitting the shell to be reused.[citation needed] Funeral homes may also offer rental caskets, which are traditional caskets used only for the duration of the services, after which the body is transferred to another container for cremation.[citation needed] Rental caskets are sometimes designed with removable beds and liners, which are replaced after each use.[citation needed]

My husband was cremated, and his urn was at the "viewings" and the service, with all kinds of photos of him. It was a golf type urn and we also had a little putting green thing and his clubs/bag there. Golf was his passion. He was then buried in the urn, with his parents.

OK I don't like the sound of that. A party stable??

Does someone selling drugs live there, by any chance?

One of the co-owners of the home disputed that. He said it was a quiet place....beautiful on the inside, a mess on the outside.

I am wondering if Louisa was aware of the histories of her husband, and her ex bf's son.

She very well could have been. Since she has presumably known the ex bf's son for many years, I would imagine she extends him quite a bit of grace...maybe he "got in with the wrong crowd", etc.

With her current husband, she would have no reason to be fearful if he is medicated. I haven't heard that he has any record other than when he was in psychosis?

A crime-scene photographer yesterday snapped pictures of Celina’s home, a multi-family house that Robbie Kimball, the owner of nearby Wayne’s Lanes and Jo’s Grill, called “a party stable.”

“They had people that were in and out of there all the time,” Kimball said. “It was the get-together hangout.”

“a party stable.” :waitasec: :banghead:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view

Another family was living next to the Noyes; they had moved out ~ 3 weeks before Celina disappeared. Could they have been the "party" folk? I'm not involving that family in the Celina case, just pointing out that the"party stable" perspective is the opinion of one individual .. I've not seen any other similar commentary in MSM.

And just what does "a party stable" mean? Kids running in and out of the house, or adults partying through the wee hours of the morning?

One man's tempest is another man's peace.

My dad wanted to be cremated, my uncle had a moment of fit beforehand. We compromised and had a service with him in a rented casket (seriously) then he was cremated. Afterwards we were glad we did it that way, people from his past FILLED the place. There were even people standing. I think he knew they all came. His ashes are in an urn with mom until later and they will be scattered together. On hubby's side, one's ashes were brought from another state and another service took place here and then the ashes were buried in a family plot.

This may have already been addressed in this--or previous--thread, but I wonder if the SF will leave the hospital to attend the funeral? I also wonder if detectives will be at the funeral to observe people. I imagine that in a small community like that, they'd stand out like sore thumbs. I've also heard that gravesites are sometimes monitored for a post-burial perp's "visit."

With all respect to your loved ones, can we try to stay on topic a little more?

Regarding the party stable comment, that sort of statement likely refers to the number of vehicles at the home. If the parents owned three cars and had two other young men in the house, there would be five cars at that house. The aunt would add a sixth car, and I think there was at least one other adult living in the building. So that would make for seven cars. If you add in boyfriends and girlfriends for some of these people, friends of the parents, friends of the young men, friends of the aunt, etc., you easily could see 10-12 cars at that house at any moment. It's possible there is more to the statement, but I'll wait for some confirmation before drawing any conclusions.

This may have already been addressed in this--or previous--thread, but I wonder if the SF will leave the hospital to attend the funeral? I also wonder if detectives will be at the funeral to observe people. I imagine that in a small community like that, they'd stand out like sore thumbs. I've also heard that gravesites are sometimes monitored for a post-burial perp's "visit."

It makes sense to me for both reasons. A small community and monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay