Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference in not taking part of the planning and/or not ask to be at the service. Surely he would assume to go..unless asked or told not to attend...then the reporting would be different...I'd think. imo.

I understood this to mean that he had not been asked to take part in the planning... meaning the arranging of the actual funeral, cremation or standard burial, songs to be played, flowers etc... not that he wasn't "allowed" to attend.moo moo moo

Good news on a related note: Detroit LE has just arrested a suspect for the kidnapping and murder of Mariha Smith; just hours after her funeral ended. Mariha was reported missing one day before Celina. They have arrested the boyfriend of Mariah's aunt (the aunt with whom Mariha, her mom and her siblings were staying when the house party and abduction occurred).

Hoping that Celina's killer(s) are arrested soon as well.
:prayer:

This is great news that an arrest has been made - Mariha a beautiful innocent - may the justice served be severe.

This is one of my biggest problems with "b's" statement. Beside it being total rumor. I would be kind of creeped out if anyone knew that I was doing laundry that didn't live in my house and would wonder from which vantage point they were spying on me.

Hope I snipped that correctly....

Anyhow, some of the rumors have implied that they've had direct contact w/the victim's family. So I guess if the family is talking to friends, neighbors, family and they are spreading the word, then I guess that could be accurate. But at this point, I'd think it's just someone talking to look like they are in the know. Some of the rumors that appear after news articles have had claims of being locals.

I've noticed on most of the FB pages when someone provides specific information regarding the situation that has not been in the news and are directly asked by someone else if they are a local, not one person has claimed to be local. Which makes me take the rumors w/a grain of salt.

Thank you elmomom,

Yes, we have the same thing in our summer home in WI, The loft is now two bedrooms...:giggle:

However this is what is called a Multi Dwelling, that is put up for rent.

Most of the times these have to have regular inspection to be sure they are safe.

However, it is possible they only just moved in to the basement in-between inspections. :waitasec:

Just jumping off your post CN2Souls. I've a having a bit of problem with this "basement"...and see it as a cellar..rough, not finished because of no windows...along with the house's age. I also, for some reason, don't envision what I'll call as the N dwelling to be an original part of the house....and therefore, don't believe there was a cellar under it. The steps leading up the house on the south side would also be higher. So.....if no cellar under that dwelling....how could anyone in the family have access to it? The only way would be if the original back kitchen entrance was made into a doorway for access to the main house and there be a close stairway to a cellar for entry. MOO...but when that house was originally built, the cellar was never used except for storage or as a root cellar...so only one entry to it ever...before the little alcove was built on the exterior. JMO Can you tell this is a quandary for me?:banghead:

Celina will be placed in a pink casket, and her body will be cremated, said Marcia Laro, who declined to say when the private service will be held.

“She loved pink — it was her favorite color,”
she said.

Investigators found Celina’s body in the Connecticut River on Monday, nearly a week after a neighbor reported her missing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...ass_funeral_finalized/srvc=home&position=also

I heard celin's father was admitted to the hospital as the stress of all this is taking its' toll. Stewartstown is going to hold their usual celebration day with a special tribute to Celina. The organizers feel the town, especially the children need this. I wish I lived there I need it. This is the saddest situation. A pink casket, I could just sit down and cry, eleven years old, such a waste of a life that held potential!! I hope they find who did this soon. JUSTICE FOR CELINA!!!! skier

I may be wrong in this, but I believe it is up to the individual town so the building plans would be with the zoning board of the town. I am not certain if that is accurate about having the two doors for a fire code in NH. I believe each town is responsible for their own codes..

No offense to anyone, but does it really matter whether her bedroom was up to code? A little girl is dead, was murdered by a person, not by lack of doors or a zoning violation.

This is great news that an arrest has been made - Mariha a beautiful innocent - may the justice served be severe.

I just read the details on this. I am physically ill. I cannot imagine the animals that could do this to a young innocent child. My gosh she could not imagine what was happening to her. All the murders of the innocent children so so evil. I cannot imagine man's inhumanity toward each other. They are just scum and should not be able to roam among civilized people. I am just sick and feel so helpless. I am speechless because I cannot comprehend the evil. It is unspeakable.

No offense to anyone, but does it really matter whether her bedroom was up to code? A little girl is dead, was murdered by a person, not by lack of doors or a zoning violation.

I keep hearing this "up to code" reference... I understand this to mean that residences are suppose to adhere to specific guidelines??? How exactly would one of these code finding people find out if a structure met the guidelines??? I am in NH and no code people have ever looked at my house to my knowledge. thanks

I don't think you will see those days again. We have at least two generations of kids who have been raised with the "me first" mentality. They were given everything they wanted and then some; rarely disciplined; and seldom, if ever , heard the word "no". In addition, they've been conditioned by movies, TV and video games to simply do away with anyone who stands in your way. Families eating together and going places and doing things together has gone the way of the Dodo bird. It's a sad commentary on life in this country today.

The best thing we can do in addition to above comments is raise children to grow up and value life, all life, teaching them that it is a gift from God and should be respected. This also includes the unborn. I have faith that with some serious effort things can improve and change, one heart at a time. skier

I keep hearing this "up to code" reference... I understand this to mean that residences are suppose to adhere to specific guidelines??? How exactly would one of these code finding people find out if a structure met the guidelines??? I am in NH and no code people have ever looked at my house to my knowledge. thanks

In many places you need a CO - certificate of occupancy- in order to rent out rooms, or sell a new home. Here, we are only inspected when the dwellings are new, or substantially modified (and that requires a building permit prior). The only other time you would be inspected here is in the case of tax reassessments, but lucky for me those are pretty rare.
Some places are more stringent and have Licensing Inspectors that do routine inspections. I am not sure if that is common in country/rural areas, but it isn't here.

Yep, exactly. In fact, I don't know that I'd be functioning. I often wonder how people in those situations do even the simplest things -- shower, eat, go to sleep. My God...I can't even think about it. God bless that mother.

Someone would have to tie me down, because even after LE was involved I know I would still be...or want to be out looking for her...even in the dead of night and calling out her name. I'd want to beat on everyone's door. I just can't imagine.

In many places you need a CO - certificate of occupancy- in order to rent out rooms, or sell a new home. Here, we are only inspected when the dwellings are new, or substantially modified (and that requires a building permit prior). The only other time you would be inspected here is in the case of tax reassessments, but lucky for me those are pretty rare.
Some places are more stringent and have Licensing Inspectors that do routine inspections. I am not sure if that is common in country/rural areas, but it isn't here.

I wish they were more lenient here...we need a permit to do anything and the inspectors have been here at least 4 times in re: some renovations and we're not even done yet...we had to get 3 separate permits (for hundreds of dollars each) because we put in 3 zoned heating/ac units! Argghh.

But in regards to this case I would hope there would be some oversight in rental units in such a large rambling house as that one...but as someone mentioned upthread (or last thread) the state's motto is LIVE FREE or DIE, so maybe they are pretty laid back regarding these things there...

ETA: Good for the taxpayer but not necessarily for the safety of tenants...

I do think that the condition of the basement/cellar is important, b/c it gives us clues into her living conditions. If it was a finished basement with sheetrock walls and carpet, there is no need for concern. If it's a bare concrete floors with concrete walls basement, it's not proper living conditions for a child. JMHO

Sorry, I think I must have missed something, a post or two. I thought the basement was concerning the laundry room. Did Celina sleep in the basement? I'm confused. Thanks for getting me up to the latest on this.:waitasec:

When a house or building is built it must be "up to code" meaning the city/state inspector inspects the house to verify that it meets certain criteria. In most places before building an addition you have to get a building permit, the addition also has to meet various codes. Most homes are uninsurable if they don't meet certain standards. You can't just slap up some building call it a house and get it insured. If the electric & plumbing aren't done correctly it can cause the home to catch fire or flood, for example.

Jumping off your post ...

Also, if/when you go to sell your house, your buyer could have an inspection done on it prior to closing.

Sorry, I think I must have missed something, a post or two. I thought the basement was concerning the laundry room. Did Celina sleep in the basement? I'm confused. Thanks for getting me up to the latest on this.:waitasec:

We have no idea where the laundry room was in the house.

Celina and her sister are reported to have slept in the basement.

I do think that the condition of the basement/cellar is important, b/c it gives us clues into her living conditions. If it was a finished basement with sheetrock walls and carpet, there is no need for concern. If it's a bare concrete floors with concrete walls basement, it's not proper living conditions for a child. JMHO

Why??? what would be the problem with concrete floors & walls??? What would make this not proper?

The best thing we can do in addition to above comments is raise children to grow up and value life, all life, teaching them that it is a gift from God and should be respected. This also includes the unborn. I have faith that with some serious effort things can improve and change, one heart at a time. skier

I love this statement and I totally agree. It seems that there is a part of the human race that has decided to act like wild animals. They get pregnant and if they don't want the child they just kill it. Sex it seems has become such a driving force that has to be quenched and then afterwards they just kill their victim. I just don't understand it. My heart is just breaking for these little girls.

Around here there are alot of programs available for young parents, sadly the ones that need it are not the ones to seek it out. Maybe forcing new parents to take parenting classes before taking their infant home, although that will never hapen. Some kids are hurt while inside the womb, drugs and alcohol. I just don't know what can be done. I hope those around me remember they can call me any time if they need assistance in any way.

My PC is acting up, we are having rolling blackouts here due to the high power usage. I need a new battery for it. Gets hot real quick in here, was 118 outside.:desert:

Good post, I agree with you. Perhaps you should visit N.H. where I live, it has been a pleasant cool summer with not too many hot days. Thank you for your good suggestions, stay safe 118 degrees is dangerous stuff. skier

Good post, I agree with you. Perhaps you should visit N.H. where I live, it has been a pleasant cool summer with not too many hot days. Thank you for your good suggestions, stay safe 118 degrees is dangerous stuff. skier

Yikes, not sure where you are, but this summer has been plenty hot here in NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214