Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I have thought of this...

FB really can be a physical addiction...Getting a "fix" can be like self-medicating. He may have literally needed to get out of the drama and release stress and this was, to him, the most viable way to do it at the time...

Not saying he wasn't involved somehow and needed to release the stress from that...

Just saying this sounds plausible to me...

The Internet can be a very compelling form of escapism. Did WN really think all of those women were his "friends"? I just took a look at his wall, which is oddly enough open. I'll leave it at that because I'm not sure whether quoting from FB pages is okay here, but if you're on FB and go back a year, it's interesting. It also seems like things have been deleted since the time I looked a week or so ago.

Re the mental illness...

There was an article in, I believe, the New York Times online over the weekend about a man by the last name of Holt who is fighting paranoid schizophrenia and the things he experiences, the tools he uses to fight it. I found it very enlightening. What an awful disease.

I gotcha...I do something similar saying I'm "in between" the two much larger towns that border us...

but if he does have relatives in Canaan (which I think he may), and someone now has an iphone and he can't have acquired one in the hospital, it is plausible that someone is using his account, KWIM?

I agree.

BBM

As the mother of four boys, I have to disagree with bolded...Maybe a teen I wouldn't worry about so much (I'd be angry most likely that he hadn't told me where he was going)...but a 12 or under? I'd be panicked immediately- probably prematurely- thinking the absolute worst.

To be clear: your immediate reaction to discovering, perhaps as late in the morning as 8:30 or 9:00, that your 12 year old was out and about would be panic --and you might even assume that someone had broken into your home and abducted him?

I can understand alarm and anger, I can understand you immediately calling all his friends or driving around the neighborhood looking for a butt in desperate need of a serious warming, but hysterical speechless "it must have been a homicidal maniac" panic?

Remember, we are NOT talking about the wee dark hours of the dawn. It was a bright summer morning, people have been out and about for hours, driving to work and heading to the store, the morning coffee crowd has already hit the cafes and is on their way home, kids are riding bikes and playing ball, lawnmowers and weedeaters are firing up all across this tiny little town. The morning traffic rush, what little you have of it, has already ended.

And this missing child is not an infant, she is a young teen, and this is probably HOURS later in the day than she would normally leave to walk to school -- probably alone. She is almost twelve, she goes everywhere alone, probably all over town. Mommy is not holding her hand.

So what exactly is there to be hysterical about? Alarmed... Sure! Pissed? Sure! But overcome with hysterical grief and horror? It doesn't fit. Again, and respectfully, why would a reasonable and rational adult be dumb-struck with horror?

Step dad saying "She needs to get her butt home" and posting on facebook is not alarming or suspicious, it might be callous and lax, but it's NORMAL. I can picture him rolling his eyes and saying, "Relax, the kid is out playing and forgot to leave a note. I'll kick her butt later." Celina's sister asking a neighbor is she has seen her is also normal. Calling friends is normal. Mom's reaction, assuming the neighbor's account is correct, is actually pretty weird here. WHY was mom acting this way? In my opinion, MY OPINION, the answer to this question is the answer to this entire crime.

DISCLAIMER: I am not accusing anyone of anything, nor am I advancing a theory. I am stating opinions based upon what seem to me to be logical conclusions from the very limited and admittedly unverified information available. You conclusions may vary.

Martha, that was not a comment made on facebook. It was made on a phone conversation to the press, the eve on the day she was reported missing, it was his message to Celina, after he said she never leaves the house.

???

Yes, I know that it wasn't on Facebook. I never said that it was. I said that I don't attach any particular importance to that comment or his 5-word Facebook posting.

My boys are both on FB and are 16. They have very little interest in actually posting anything, just looking at and "liking" pages. They spend their time playing video games, watching TV, reading.

At 11, my niece spent a lot of time doing her hair, nails and playing video games.

My grandson is on facebook and is 14 he posts everyday... How often CC post previously??

The Internet can be a very compelling form of escapism. Did WN really think all of those women were his "friends"? I just took a look at his wall, which is oddly enough open. I'll leave it at that because I'm not sure whether quoting from FB pages is okay here, but if you're on FB and go back a year, it's interesting. It also seems like things have been deleted since the time I looked a week or so ago.

Re the mental illness...

There was an article in, I believe, the New York Times online over the weekend about a man by the last name of Holt who is fighting paranoid schizophrenia and the things he experiences, the tools he uses to fight it. I found it very enlightening. What an awful disease.

He would need his FB open to get these type of girls on it...

What is kind of sad is, if you take off all the ? girls on there he only has about 3 friends...:waitasec:

In line w/Chris' post, the mother's reaction seems very out of place. From what we know, the aunt & cousin lived in the same house, probably different apartment and we don't hear of/from them until much later.

I'd think if my 11 y/o wasn't in bed or in my apt, I'd check w/them first. There hasn't been any indication of that. KL went to the neighbors, not to her Aunt's apartment. It would seem there was something or some knowledge in the house that CC wasn't simply at a friends or ran to the store for milk, juice, donuts.

I find it interesting that WN says "shy, never leaves the house". Others have said she was an outgoing, happy girl that enjoyed sports, fishing, etc.

I don't think you can read a lot into this without knowing the context of the comment or his thought process at the time. Never leaves the house could well mean 'Never leaves the house.... at night' or 'Never leaves the house... just to wander around' or 'Never leaves the house .. this long"

Or it could mean nothing at all, just the simple panicked mutterings of a worried guy.

In short, and respectfully, the comment is so basic and innocent that you have to twist it until it screams to make it sound sinister.

???

Yes, I know that it wasn't on Facebook. I never said that it was. I said that I don't attach any particular importance to that comment or his 5-word Facebook posting.

Sorry Martha, didn't read the, or the .

I am new here and I don't post in fear I might make a stupid remark. I only read but something has me just a little curious. I live in a good size city and most of our consignment shops don't open until around 10:00 so it seems odd to me that in such a small town that the mother would be going to work around 8:30 a.m.

I agree after reading the many posts the mothers behavior of becoming hysterical seems a little odd. I also wonder why she came home if the other family members thought she was out and about in the neighborhood. Also I believe I read that after LE interviewed her they immedialy called off the ground search which I don't understand. What kind of info did she give them?

Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered. Maybe I best keep to reading and refrain from posting leaving that to you experienced folks.

I am new here and I don't post in fear I might make a stupid remark. I only read but something has me just a little curious. I live in a good size city and most of our consignment shops don't open until around 10:00 so it seems odd to me that in such a small town that the mother would be going to work around 8:30 a.m.

I agree after reading the many posts the mothers behavior of becoming hysterical seems a little odd. I also wonder why she came home if the other family members thought she was out and about in the neighborhood. Also I believe I read that after LE interviewed her they immedialy called off the ground search which I don't understand. What kind of info did she give them?

Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered. Maybe I best keep to reading and refrain from posting leaving that to you experienced folks.

The shop she worked at opened at 9am, according to their facebook page.

Welcome. :welcome:

Hi and welcome...
I think I read that the shop does open at 9am...so 8:30 would not be that odd...
The thing with her being "hysterical" is not as odd as not having called 911 first, to me at least...
Please feel free to join in-we don't know anymore than you do :)

Welcome, post anytime you feel like it, we all make mistakes and when we do we apologize and usually get hugs for it.

I don't think you can read a lot into this without knowing the context of the comment or his thought process at the time. Never leaves the house could well mean 'Never leaves the house.... at night' or 'Never leaves the house... just to wander around' or 'Never leaves the house .. this long"

Or it could mean nothing at all, just the simple panicked mutterings of a worried guy.

In short, and respectfully, the comment is so basic and innocent that you have to twist it until it screams to make it sound sinister.

I agree that "never leaves the house" could mean they knew right away something was wrong b/c she'd never just run out to a friend's, the store, etc. But then if that were the case then why was he on FB (if it was him on FB)? If it wasn't him on FB, then his comment doesn't seem weird or hinky at all.

I grew up in rural areas so I don't know how normal it is for 11 y/o's to leave the house and walk around town by themselves. At 11 y/o I would have gone down to the creek, or to the pond by myself.

There is really not enough information to reach any conclusion. It's frustrating.

In line w/Chris' post, the mother's reaction seems very out of place. From what we know, the aunt & cousin lived in the same house, probably different apartment and we don't hear of/from them until much later.

I'd think if my 11 y/o wasn't in bed or in my apt, I'd check w/them first. There hasn't been any indication of that. KL went to the neighbors, not to her Aunt's apartment. It would seem there was something or some knowledge in the house that CC wasn't simply at a friends or ran to the store for milk, juice, donuts.

We aren't sure that the aunt's apartment, the store across the street, other neighbors (although it
looks like there is just one house that is close by), the Spa Restaurant weren't checked before the
neighbor's who came to CC's house, saw the state Louisa was in & called the police.

CC's Aunt & cousin (3rd floor apartment?) may have left for the day or they may have been out looking, also.

Do we really know?
Can't wait to get some more details. I hope I don't have to wait for the book to come out,
to find out some of the other details & learn about some of the other key "players" of this case.

Exactly!

But again, we are operating with basically no information. For all we know NO ONE was actually panicked. Perhaps the first person to panic was the neighbor. Sister is outside, looking for Celina, spots the neighbor and asks innocently if she has seen Celina, and the neighbor freaks.

The neighbor wants to know if anyone has called the cops, and where's your mom. Celina's sister -- thinking she is protecting her mom -- says that mom is freaking out. Etc... Again, this is not a THEORY. I am saying that with the information we have available we can conclude almost anything.

However, if, in fact, mom was in a panic and refused or could not speak to anyone at this early time, that to me is really weird. S/F's reaction is not, it is in my mind pretty normal. The 13 year old was out all night at a sleepover, it is not exactly panic inducing that her (almost) 12 year old sister would take off in the early morning to have some fun and freedom of her own.

Are you guys discussing WN? WN just installed FB for iphone? Hmmm. If he is still in the psych hospital, he doesn't have possession of his iphone. Anything that could be become a sharp object is removed from the patient upon admission and stored until they are discharged. Iphone glass breaks. Patients on the locked side may have limited phone privileges at specific times with staff oversight, but they usually must be "earned" with appropriate behavior.

Maybe someone besides WN has control of WN's FB?

I thought I read somewhere that he was out of the hospital again? Maybe I am wrong???

Just speculating here...

Why pick Caanan VT and use your dad's FB id if you;re the stepson? Makes more sense to me that a relative who was not supposed to be using social media (or whose social media account might be regularly checked by authorities) would assume someone else's ID to possibly make connections in his own town, using someone else's FB profile. Purely speculating. But, if there is any merit to this theory, it would explain why Wendell was posting at 9:10 am on 7/26 (because it wasn't Wendell) and how Wendell could have just added an iphone app for Facebook when he is reportedly in the mental health ward...

WN’s paranoid theme of persecution centers on LE tracking him/following him. Knowing that paranoid schizophrenics are very suspicious and cautious, going onto FB and "friending" 169+ strangers doesn't fit with his diagnosis. IMO, he would likely be suspicious of FB even when he was in remission.

I thought I read somewhere that he was out of the hospital again? Maybe I am wrong???

It has been stated in a few news articles that he was released from the hospital.
But, if you look at the dates of the articles, it is usually meant for his first hospitalization,
which was local, after CC went missing.

Or, it was written to appear that it could be his second hosp in Concord....
but, IIRC, I think that article was written by an unreliable on-line news site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces