Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lisa about the comment thread on WMUR.

I did run across an article on a blog that mentioned in a joking way that there was a gag order on the whole case, and the media has been told to keep quiet. I;m not one to believe in conspiracy theories, but I did read it.
I think they just got too tired of all the posts they had to block because of inappropriateness and so just shut down the comments.

Would anyone mind terribly giving me a synopsis of this case and the most recent developments? I read the first 6 threads but have gotten lost in the last few. Is it right there is still no cause of death? No POI or suspects?

My heart breaks for this little girl. Such a tragedy.

That is correct, they haven't determined the cause of death or at least they have not released it yet. I don't think all the tests have come back yet.

If LE has a poi they haven't said so. Everything is sorta Hush Hush. Maybe they would rather give no information than misinformation.

New poster here, but Miranda knows me.

Hi, I am Lisa and I happen to be from NH. I live in southern NH, but am up in the area Celina lived in several times a year for camping. Have even had drinks at The Spa on many occasions.

I came in to post the article but see that Miranda already did, but I wanted to point out something interesting.

I have noticed the WMUR has turned off comments on all articles related to Celina in the last several days. Very curious to me, as I was at one time personally told by an WMUR reporter that they never ever do that because of freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

I have my own theories here, but, I will tell you a little bit about NH.

Those saying NH doesn't release information is correct. We are a state that very much relishes in our privacy. You most likely will not get cause of death until court papers are filed and arrests are made. And even then you won't get them from the AG, they will be from the court.

Also, people in a town like this will never talk to the media. It simply isn't going to happen. You will not get any rumors about this from them. When you visit that town, if you go into a place like The Spa, the server will ask you what you are doing in town or where are you headed before they will ask you if you want a drink.

So, I wouldn't expect many rumors from those in the know and I wouldn't expect any leaks from NH LE.

Hi Lisa,

I'm originally from NH as well - that strikes me as very odd that WMUR turned off comments....I would go out on a limb and say the AG must have felt something within the comments could have impacted the investigation and thus requested it? Just guessing here.

Also, I agree about not getting info or rumors from the locals. Northern NH is a whole different animal and is not easy to understand unless you are from that type of area. I lived in Southern NH but had enough family in the Northern part to know the difference.

Lastly, I am no longer there and am not aware of the media presence, but Stewartstown is not easily accessible as it is very far. I think it would take at least 3 hours by car from Manchester, if not closer to 4 hours. There is really nothing up there, very remote, not really a place that a ton of media can camp out and investigate. It's like being in the middle of the woods, not like downtown Orlando. It's not an easy drive for media and it's not an easy place to set up camp - unless you literally want to set up a tent and camp : )

I have the utmost faith in the NH AGs office - based on what I have seen, I think this will be an open and shut case fairly quickly.

Nothing really new since she was found last Monday. The step-dad checked himself in a mental hospital, is still there as far as we know. Law enforcement has only said they are awaiting various results and no one has been named a suspect or anything, they did come and take the step-dad's truck after she was found. That is about all, I think...

Thanks very much.

Respectfully snipped for space

I'm so glad you are here!
:hug: :skip:

:welcome4:
Any friend of Miranda's is a friend of ours!!!

Thank you much :seeya:

I did run across an article on a blog that mentioned in a joking way that there was a gag order on the whole case, and the media has been told to keep quiet. I;m not one to believe in conspiracy theories, but I did read it.
I think they just got too tired of all the posts they had to block because of inappropriateness and so just shut down the comments.

I think we all know media isn't going to keep quiet. They simply don't have any information.

Now, media will sit on some information from LE when the 2 strike a deal, but they won't sit on it from locals. Locals anywhere make a great story, and they will run with it.

No, trust me, it isn't the media and it isn't a gag order. Since there is no one subpoenaed or an active court case going, the best that LE can do is advice any principals involved to not speak, but not order.

The only other possible scenario is an active grand jury for indictments. In NH a grand jury is formed in each NH county once a month. That jury will then hear any cases LE has for them and decide from there. Only witnesses to that jury could be given a gag order, and grand juries are secret so we wouldn't know one is taking place.

So a sitting GJ in NH could hear 1 case, no cases or 100 cases and have to make decisions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-memorial-The-search-answers-continues.html

Hi all. I've been lurking for months on this site and lurking like a lunatic on CC case. I'm so impressed with you all. Now - it is finally time to start chiming in and contribute something. I found the article above this evening. Has some new photos I had not seen posed before.

The silence is deafening. This article says the people in town (paraphrasing) were "disappointed" there are still no answers... . I find the word dissappointed to be an odd choice of words. I just keep waiting and waiting and search and searching...somebody say something!

Hi, I am Lisa and I happen to be from NH. I live in southern NH, but am up in the area Celina lived in several times a year for camping. Have even had drinks at The Spa on many occasions.

I came in to post the article but see that Miranda already did, but I wanted to point out something interesting.

I have noticed the WMUR has turned off comments on all articles related to Celina in the last several days. Very curious to me, as I was at one time personally told by an WMUR reporter that they never ever do that because of freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

Those saying NH doesn't release information is correct. We are a state that very much relishes in our privacy. You most likely will not get cause of death until court papers are filed and arrests are made. And even then you won't get them from the AG, they will be from the court.

Also, people in a town like this will never talk to the media. It simply isn't going to happen. You will not get any rumors about this from them. When you visit that town, if you go into a place like The Spa, the server will ask you what you are doing in town or where are you headed before they will ask you if you want a drink.

So, I wouldn't expect many rumors from those in the know and I wouldn't expect any leaks from NH LE.

In their defense, Celina was poor. Also she did not have blond hair and her teeth were a bit crooked, so her death hardly rises to the level of a national tragedy. :eek:hoh:

In any case the modern media does not so much investigate and report, they reprint and publish government and business press releases.

Today we have little true journalism. The media is concerned about their ratings. They fill their slots with sensationalism, gossip and sound bites worth basically nothing. If there is no crisis, they create one. At our house we call it "the crisis of the week club". I really have little use for the MSM who cause more problems than they help. So, do not expect much because they just don't get it. skier

Hi Lisa,

I'm originally from NH as well - that strikes me as very odd that WMUR turned off comments....I would go out on a limb and say the AG must have felt something within the comments could have impacted the investigation and thus requested it? Just guessing here.

Also, I agree about not getting info or rumors from the locals. Northern NH is a whole different animal and is not easy to understand unless you are from that type of area. I lived in Southern NH but had enough family in the Northern part to know the difference.

Lastly, I am no longer there and am not aware of the media presence, but Stewartstown is not easily accessible as it is very far. I think it would take at least 3 hours by car from Manchester, if not closer to 4 hours. There is really nothing up there, very remote, not really a place that a ton of media can camp out and investigate. It's like being in the middle of the woods, not like downtown Orlando. It's not an easy drive for media and it's not an easy place to set up camp - unless you literally want to set up a tent and camp : )

I have the utmost faith in the NH AGs office - based on what I have seen, I think this will be an open and shut case fairly quickly.

Oh West Stewartstown is very very far away. I live between Nashua and Manchester and it takes me about 4 hours, with no traffic, to get there.

On top of that, there is little to no cell service there, and when you do get it, it is absolutely horrible.

Most folks up there do not have high speed access. Some may, but the majority no, so if they are even online, it is dial up. There is basically no wi-fi.

Anything the media does there is done by sat, even phones.

I advise the media to stay at Lake Francis State Park in Pittsburg, just being wary of Moose Alley, otherwise known as Rt 3.

I would rather see what the state is doing in this case, than the media circus of previous cases, that often get messed up because everyone is trying to be a star.

I find that interesting because I had a similar experience. I stumbled upon a fascinating thread on Topix out of Canaan. There were about 200 comments and I mentioned the thread to another WS member by PM. Then I went back to find it to show them some of the comments and the ENTIRE thread was gone--POOF.

You are correct as I read several of the wmur comments. It was getting very crude and nasy swearing and yelling at each other. No need of that and I am surprised the station allowed it as long as they did. There needs to be some rules set. skier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-memorial-The-search-answers-continues.html

Hi all. I've been lurking for months on this site and lurking like a lunatic on CC case. I'm so impressed with you all. Now - it is finally time to start chiming in and contribute something. I found the article above this evening. Has some new photos I had not seen posed before.

The silence is deafening. This article says the people in town (paraphrasing) were "disappointed" there are still no answers... . I find the word dissappointed to be an odd choice of words. I just keep waiting and waiting and search and searching...somebody say something!

:welcome::fireworks:

Welcome and great first post! Keep chiming in- all have something to contribute.

:goodpost:

:wagon:

:greetings:

Community residents were saddened that the autopsy wasn't able to provide them with any closure.

'I don't even know what to say. I thought the community needed some answers, and I thought we were going to get them tonight,' said Debbie Whelan, whose daughter, a friend of Celina's, was sobbing after watching a news report on a TV monitor.

The lack of answers was 'scary,' said Shannon Towle, who owns a convenience store across the street from the house where Celina lived.

'We still don't know what happened, and that's terrifying,' Ms Towle said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-search-answers-continues.html#ixzz1UZvRNHM2

Thank you much :seeya:

I think we all know media isn't going to keep quiet. They simply don't have any information.

Now, media will sit on some information from LE when the 2 strike a deal, but they won't sit on it from locals. Locals anywhere make a great story, and they will run with it.

No, trust me, it isn't the media and it isn't a gag order. Since there is no one subpoenaed or an active court case going, the best that LE can do is advice any principals involved to not speak, but not order.

The only other possible scenario is an active grand jury for indictments. In NH a grand jury is formed in each NH county once a month. That jury will then hear any cases LE has for them and decide from there. Only witnesses to that jury could be given a gag order, and grand juries are secret so we wouldn't know one is taking place.

So a sitting GJ in NH could hear 1 case, no cases or 100 cases and have to make decisions.

Not to leave anyone out tonight!

:welcome3::welcome5::Welcome1::welcome::greetings:

:welcome:
Community residents were saddened that the autopsy wasn't able to provide them with any closure.

'I don't even know what to say. I thought the community needed some answers, and I thought we were going to get them tonight,' said Debbie Whelan, whose daughter, a friend of Celina's, was sobbing after watching a news report on a TV monitor.

The lack of answers was 'scary,' said Shannon Towle, who owns a convenience store across the street from the house where Celina lived.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-search-answers-continues.html#ixzz1UZvRNHM2

I did notice that in the last WMUR article they made mention that the AG was not releasing the COD, and not that it was UNKNOWN. I hope the locals don't really believe that this is not going to be resolved soon. I know I firmly believe it will be.
The attorney general's office said Tuesday that investigators are not announcing any suspects or an exact cause of death until more test results come in.
Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/28815283/detail.html#ixzz1UZxiA52z

:greetings:

I can actually read and write :banghead:- actually do it for a living:rocker:. Just a bit nervous with that first post.

Many of you are truly amazing....I am sooo impressed.:seeya::woohoo: :great:

Not to leave anyone out tonight!

:welcome3::welcome5::Welcome1::welcome::greetings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads