NH - Djeswende ‘Wendy’, 66, & Stephen Reid, 67, Shot on Hiking Trail, Concord, Apr 2022 *Logan Clegg Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A very tight timeline too. According to the document: "This provided a very limited window of time from about 2:54 PM to 2:59 PM for the shooting and moving of bodies to occur." This was based on the witness account and location data from her phone.

So five minutes to shoot and kill and then move bodies of two grown adults. That is not a lot of time. I am starting to think they didn't even have an interaction with him, that he just shot them for whatever reason he had in his mind. Having a conversation or interaction with him that would make him angry first IMO may have taken too long to fit in that timeline. Unless it was just an off-handed comment made quickly (perhaps they saw him littering or something else that goes against Leave No Trace and they said something to him about it?)

Well-written account of the arrest affidavit facts in narrative form.

A very tight timeline too. According to the document: "This provided a very limited window of time from about 2:54 PM to 2:59 PM for the shooting and moving of bodies to occur." This was based on the witness account and location data from her phone.

So five minutes to shoot and kill and then move bodies of two grown adults. That is not a lot of time. I am starting to think they didn't even have an interaction with him, that he just shot them for whatever reason he had in his mind. Having a conversation or interaction with him that would make him angry first IMO may have taken too long to fit in that timeline. Unless it was just an off-handed comment made quickly (perhaps they saw him littering or something else that goes against Leave No Trace and they said something to him about it?)

It seems that Clegg just bought some soda and other stuff from Shaw's, and walked back to his tent. It does not seem to me that he had an intend to rob someone or was planning some other crime beforehand. I am not sure what could have happened. I can imagine him littering a soda can and the Reids commenting about it. Something like that could have ticked him off. From his history, he does seem like a person with a short fuse who acts impulsively. I don't want to completely eliminate a racist motive. Perhaps he carried a lot of anger, racist or not.

I wonder how he got to this point. As far as I can tell, he has a normal family, but his father died when he was only 12 or so. I think his relationship with his family is probably not good, because otherwise he wouldn't been traveling around being homeless.

Well-written account of the arrest affidavit facts in narrative form.

Thanks! I hadn't read this before:

Given the more serious murder charges, [...] the Utah State Attorney’s Office announced the state would be dropping the charges of receiving stolen property, burglary, and theft, felonies; and failing to stop for officers, a misdemeanor, which Clegg was initially arrested on last week before he was deemed a person of interest in the homicides.

Thanks. It seems like a lock would be superfluous since a knife could easily slice open a tent? I wonder if he set up a camera to monitor that site, as well?

Interesting also is the burning of his camp after the murders. That should have captured attention, too. Glad his "lucky breaks" finally ran out!
for sure a person could slice a tent open with a cutting tool, but if you leave a tent open, it almost invites a person to poke around in it, so the lock would not prevent some one willing to do damage, but the average person would probably stay out.

the witness never said she heard screaming or commotion so to me that means shot quickly in the back- but I do not know. Maybe they were talking to each other or doing something like tying a shoe and never saw him. weird. why them why then if he was living in the woods for months?

how do you get a fake Romanian passport? copy something from the library online? did he buy one from someone?

the witness never said she heard screaming or commotion so to me that means shot quickly in the back- but I do not know. Maybe they were talking to each other or doing something like tying a shoe and never saw him. weird. why them why then if he was living in the woods for months?

how do you get a fake Romanian passport? copy something from the library online? did he buy one from someone?
WEIRD is the word! Unless and until we learn more.

I wouldn't want to harm the case by her speaking out but an interview with the witness who saw LC right after the murders could be enlightening. Maybe the media are trying to get one.

RSBM
It looks like money is the only obstacle to getting a fake passport although you could get caught if on a site monitored by the FBI. Why Romanian, though? This guy is looking like a professional grifter.

So five minutes to shoot and kill and then move bodies of two grown adults. That is not a lot of time.

Was blood found on the trail itself or just off-trail?

I wonder if perhaps the Reids had stepped off trail to look at something, maybe putting them closer to LC's campsite. Maybe LC was returning to his tent, saw the Reids off trail (maybe closer to his tent than he was) & he shot them in a paranoid moment or rage that they might discover something he wanted to keep hidden (like his gun or identity)?

MOO.

Last edited:

I wonder if perhaps the Reids had stepped off trail to look at something, maybe putting them closer to LC's campsite. Maybe LC was returning to his tent, saw the Reids off trail (maybe closer to his tent than he was) & he shot them in a paranoid moment/rage that they might discover something he wanted to keep hidden (like his gun or identity)?

MOO.
This guy appears quite intelligent and resourceful. There are those in the homeless population (and in thr general population for that matter) that suffer from some type of personality disorder or mental illness. Someone mentioned they’d like to see a good psych analysis. I say ditto to that because imo that will explain a lot. Hopefully one of the investigative shows is already lining up his family/siblings if any etc Would love a window into understanding this guy. All Imo
My most fervent wish however is that we could somehow change the fatal outcome. So terribly tragic that a seemingly random encounter on a walking path in broad daylight, lead to murder for two of the loveliest people - so glad they got this guy.

The passport was in an envelope addressed to Clegg if I recall correctly. This suggest that someone sent it to him by mail. I suspect that he found someone on the internet/the dark web to do it for him. It does seem like he has the money to buy it. I think this is not the first time he needed a fake ID.

This guy appears quite intelligent and resourceful. There are those in the homeless population (and in thr general population for that matter) that suffer from some type of personality disorder or mental illness. Someone mentioned they’d like to see a good psych analysis. I say ditto to that because imo that will explain a lot. Hopefully one of the investigative shows is already lining up his family/siblings if any etc Would love a window into understanding this guy. All Imo
My most fervent wish however is that we could somehow change the fatal outcome. So terribly tragic that a seemingly random encounter on a walking path in broad daylight, lead to murder for two of the loveliest people - so glad they got this guy.
He does not seem that smart to me. He has been caught for crimes several times for crimes. Why didn't he immediately leave town after the murders? He knew there was a witness that saw him near the trail around the time of the murders. Why didn't he get rid of the gun? The gun is probably the most compelling evidence against him.

He does not seem that smart to me. He has been caught for crimes several times for crimes. Why didn't he immediately leave town after the murders? He knew there was a witness that saw him near the trail around the time of the murders. Why didn't he get rid of the gun? The gun is probably the most compelling evidence against him.

Appreciate your feedback. We will agree to disagree !
My sense is he is actually quite intellectually bright and clever - I see this as his ability to maneuver between countries/ maintain a nomadic life resourcefullly. I imagine there may be many transgressions on his part we know nothing about. Perhaps his intellectual capacity is skewed by other issues unknown- just a thought.
On the other hand it is also possible he has a contact/accomplice who keeps him supplied with money supplies etc
We will just have to wait to see how things unfold!

I wonder if perhaps the Reids had stepped off trail to look at something, maybe putting them closer to LC's campsite. Maybe LC was returning to his tent, saw the Reids off trail (maybe closer to his tent than he was) & he shot them in a paranoid moment or rage that they might discover something he wanted to keep hidden (like his gun or identity)?

MOO.

It sounds like it was on the trail itself.

Clegg 2.JPG

The passport was in an envelope addressed to Clegg if I recall correctly. This suggest that someone sent it to him by mail. I suspect that he found someone on the internet/the dark web to do it for him. It does seem like he has the money to buy it. I think this is not the first time he needed a fake ID.

The envelope was addressed to his alias "Arthur Kelly", but I agree. It sounds like he had at least one more fake ID -- a Vermont driver's license in the name of "Arthur Kelly" (I'm reading between the lines here).

Clegg 3.JPG

Clegg 4.JPG

Peder Rasmussen had been caught for several crimes as well, but still managed to keep his murders under wraps. He isn't disorganized, I think he's planning ahead and I also think he likes killing people. I hope the areas he's lived in looks at any unsolved killings.

[LS] of Burlington, Vermont, a former close coworker of Steve Reid’s, said he was also Reid’s tennis partner and a dear friend of Wendy’s. He described Wendy as generous with advice, from a thoughtful and caring perspective.

“They were really wonderful, wonderful people,” [LS] said of the Reids, whom he’d regularly visit with when they were in Vermont — where they used to live. “They will be remembered for their goodness, for their kindness, for their dedication to work, for their dedication to family.”

[LS] explained he worked on international development projects with Steve Reid, in places like Haiti and Senegal, helping governments better serve their people in a range of ways while also protecting natural resources.

[LS] recalled the Reids letting him and his partner move in with them when they were living in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake damaged the property where [LS] had been staying.

“Steve and Wendy’s house was left untouched, so they graciously took us in, along with my partner’s handicapped brother, and were just so hospitable and helpful,”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back