NH - Djeswende ‘Wendy’, 66, & Stephen Reid, 67, Shot on Hiking Trail, Concord, Apr 2022 *Logan Clegg Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I suppose means (gun) & opportunity (living homeless near trail?) may be in evidence.

But what was the MOTIVE?

Was there prior contact, perhaps in Burlington, VT? Was it random?

Also:
What put a young man on such self-destructive path that he is charged in the vicious cold-blooded murder of a couple who were well-loved contributors to making a better world? And in such a public place as a hiking trail?

Very disturbing & senseless crime.

WHY?

This whole case - the seeming regular, nice couple - the lack of homelessness in the accused's homeless situation - traveling to Portugal and Germany - makes no sense. The fact LE had this guy on the radar enough to nab him before he left the country is in itself weird. Been gnawing at me a long time.

RBBM
IMO there could definitely be a Burlington, VT, connection between the suspect and the Reids. Where could they have crossed paths & why? Such a vicious crime with both Reids shot multiple times in an unexpected place lends itself to being a potential personal vendetta or targeted stalking. The bodies being "hidden" off-trail suggests it was not random also.

Hopefully, LE is pursuing this angle, among others.
JMO
I also feel this is a very targeted attack. But I doubt the Reids crossed paths with LC in Burlington. According to their obituary, they left Burlington in 2009 for Haiti and retired from Niger in 2019 to reside in Concord.

Stephen and Djeswende Reid 1955 - 2022

Perhaps, the Reids, being kind humanitarians, encountered him on the trail and offered him help or interacted in a way that was not well received?

I also feel this is a very targeted attack. But I doubt the Reids crossed paths with LC in Burlington. According to their obituary, they left Burlington in 2009 for Haiti and retired from Niger in 2019 to reside in Concord.

Stephen and Djeswende Reid 1955 - 2022

Perhaps, the Reids, being kind humanitarians, encountered him on the trail and offered him help or interacted in a way that was not well received?
I think your last thought is likely what went went down. Judging by that previous stabbing incident, I think this guy might be a hot head. Perhaps he was camping there and they told him he couldn't or something.

I mean, there's really not much of an expectation of that people walking in the woods would have a lot of valuables on them, so I think robbery is unlikely.

I hope we do learn what the motive was.

I think your last thought is likely what went went down. Judging by that previous stabbing incident, I think this guy might be a hot head. Perhaps he was camping there and they told him he couldn't or something.

I mean, there's really not much of an expectation of that people walking in the woods would have a lot of valuables on them, so I think robbery is unlikely.

I agree. I think this monster had a hair trigger temper. It may have been something as simple as they got too close to his encampment. I wonder why he was on their radar back in September and if we'll find he's charged for other unsolved murders. He seems to travel a lot.

Why would they ever consider giving bail to this guy? He is known to flee internationally. Geez.

The Vermont Supreme Court denied Logan Clegg a bail hearing Wednesday morning, but late in the afternoon, new filings show that a Superior Court judge ruled in a civil case that a hearing must be held immediately.

I agree. I think this monster had a hair trigger temper. It may have been something as simple as they got too close to his encampment. I wonder why he was on their radar back in September and if we'll find he's charged for other unsolved murders. He seems to travel a lot.
I think it just has to be DNA. He'd be in the system for his Utah escapade.

RBBM
IMO there could definitely be a Burlington, VT, connection between the suspect and the Reids. Where could they have crossed paths & why? Such a vicious crime with both Reids shot multiple times in an unexpected place lends itself to being a potential personal vendetta or targeted stalking. The bodies being "hidden" off-trail suggests it was not random also.

Hopefully, LE is pursuing this angle, among others.
JMO
I don't think their bodies were hidden off trail. I think Wendy and Stephen saw something off the trail, walked over to investigate and were shot. My guess is that what they saw was Clegg's belongings or tent and when they got too close, Clegg shot them. Then Clegg packed up his belongings and left. JMO

From this contemporaneous story, two hot heads might have been involved in the 2018 stabbing death. It occurred at night.

I'm not defending LC but he was not charged in that death due to evidence (or interpretation of it).

I do wonder what other crimes involving LC will surface. So far we only have speculation on how he spent his time in Germany or Portugal.

I still can't get my mind around the Reid's being a random attack. Maybe it's because "stranger danger" while hiking an in-town trail is so scary to me.

The Reid murders happened in mid-afternoon daylight. A car was seen at the trailhead & investigated (ruled out) so another stranger was likely in the area at that time.

JMO

They knew who they were looking for, which is why they were in Vermont. I've got to believe they have DNA evidence that connects him. Not much else it could be.
Or ballistics. With all the stolen guns this guy has been caught with in his waistband, this was my first thought. Geofence shows his cell phone is in the area, they track him down and find ballistic evidence at his campsite.

A reporter asked the questions we want the answers to, but the AG's office said they couldn't get into details.

He asked if this was a DNA case, and if Clegg had any connection to the victims; he was wondering how they connected him to this crime.

We'll have to wait. Nothing new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back