NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 5 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for your insight on Kat, Mom24. It's not often we have the benefit of learning these kinds of details about a defendant in the cases we follow here on Websleuths.

It is interesting that you don't think Lizzi is buried where they claim. Given concerns expressed by many, including myself, that Kat was very actively involved in Lizzi's murder, discovering that she lied about Lizzi's location would definitely be enough to void her plea agreement. JMO, IMO

If it's true that she isn't buried there, I pray Seth double-crosses Kat and tells where Lizzi really is. It would give Lizzi's family peace, and make it more likely that Kat would receive a more appropriate sentence for her true level of involvement in Lizzi's murder. JMO, IMO

>>>

Interesting thoughts... are there any other ways that could potentially expose Kat, and break her deal???

How could they wheel a suitcase through a public arena like Pierce Island... although, they didn't last long, having been discovered almost immediately- how / at what stage did LE know they had their perps?

So I guess Seth had wanted Lizzie... and upon rejection,,, and being so close to her in the flesh... his fascination with energy forced him to achieve, collect, and gain what he could not have. Necrophilia - it's a problem... and the fact he could... as Kat so professionally put it yesterday, "Jacqued-off inside of her," exposes him as most likely, and most assuredly doing this on his own. Someone mentioned they though KAT contiguously "Held her down" and I agree with that... they were a team...

This was a moment of special "energy" for these geeks ( no offense), so I must believe they were as actively involved in consuming as much energy as possible, in the form of getting as close as possible to the event.

I like how the plea deal is not a done deal, and that it can be broken... please share your thoughts.
Luv ya,
G

IDK, Littleone, and I love your detailed description above, btw, (smile), but I can;t see Seth not getting at least 25 years for this. He is in trouble, and now the question is, do we take out a pair of BDSM birds ,,, or just one.

I understand where you are coming from but my worries are who actually murdered her? Without a body, without a witness that doesn't lie how can the jury say that SM was the one that caused her death? Yes he is in trouble for disposing of the body but that's only 10 years or less.

He pled guilty to witness tampering X2 when the trial first started which BTW was a great move by his defense team. The sentence for that would probably be time served.

I watched the jury closely and IMO they do not believe a word that Kat says. I could be wrong but many of us felt that way.

Let's face it, the witnesses have been entertaining :floorlaugh:

Hi everyone! First time posting here and so excited to find such a great group of sleuths talking about this trial. I have been catching this trial whenever I can and can't believe that Kat is the State's star witness. That is scary to me because her stories are not at all believable. I think they made this plan ahead of time, bought the tarp, gloves and masking tape specifically for this rape/murder and code named it painting. It appears to be premeditated, well-planned and executed. Their problem starts by them thinking that other couple is into the same stuff. Calling someone over to help clean up a murder is something you just don't hear about much. Both guilty, imho! Thanks for having me!!!

Thanks so much for your insight on Kat, Mom24. It's not often we have the benefit of learning these kinds of details about a defendant in the cases we follow here on Websleuths.

It is interesting that you don't think Lizzi is buried where they claim. Given concerns expressed by many, including myself, that Kat was very actively involved in Lizzi's murder, discovering that she lied about Lizzi's location would definitely be enough to void her plea agreement. JMO, IMO

If it's true that she isn't buried there, I pray Seth double-crosses Kat and tells where Lizzi really is. It would give Lizzi's family peace, and make it more likely that Kat would receive a more appropriate sentence for her true level of involvement in Lizzi's murder. JMO, IMO

>>>

Interesting thoughts... are there any other ways that could potentially expose Kat, and break her deal???

How could they wheel a suitcase through a public arena like Pierce Island... although, they didn't last long, having been discovered almost immediately- how / at what stage did LE know they had their perps?

So I guess Seth had wanted Lizzie... and upon rejection,,, and being so close to her in the flesh... his fascination with energy forced him to achieve, collect, and gain what he could not have. Necrophilia - it's a problem... and the fact he could... as Kat so professionally put it yesterday, "Jacqued-off inside of her," exposes him as most likely, and most assuredly doing this on his own. Someone mentioned they though KAT contiguously "Held her down" and I agree with that... they were a team...

This was a moment of special "energy" for these geeks ( no offense), so I must believe they were as actively involved in consuming as much energy as possible, in the form of getting as close as possible to the event.

I like how the plea deal is not a done deal, and that it can be broken... please share your thoughts.
Luv ya,
G

Great thoughts! I was thinking, since they seem to have utilized many different dumpsters and gave their locations to LE, that they used another one for her body and just didn't mention it. I doubt she was dumped off that island too. Sounds too far-fetched and difficult.

Hi everyone! First time posting here and so excited to find such a great group of sleuths talking about this trial. I have been catching this trial whenever I can and can't believe that Kat is the State's star witness. That is scary to me because her stories are not at all believable. I think they made this plan ahead of time, bought the tarp, gloves and masking tape specifically for this rape/murder and code named it painting. It appears to be premeditated, well-planned and executed. Their problem starts by them thinking that other couple is into the same stuff. Calling someone over to help clean up a murder is something you just don't hear about much. Both guilty, imho! Thanks for having me!!!

:Welcome1:
So glad to have you with us! Hope to "see" you in the morning if you are able to join us :) :seeya:

yes, welcome annie!!:seeya:

you will love it here.......as usual i'm indebted to you all for the great updates today.......i think i'm caught up:loveyou:

:sigh: no word for the day huh.........:D

see you tomorrow and hopefully the hive cooperates:please:

:welcome: AnnieMoagnolia!

OMG, I just realized that Kat is wearing her Target uniform every day in court. I guess she didn't have any family or friends willing to drop off her any clothes for court. Wearing what she was arrested in, I guess. Lucky she took off her name badge....

>>>

Luv ya,
G
Since the prosecution agreed to such a lenient deal for Kat in the first place, I think there would have to be some super-strong evidence to cause them to cancel her plea deal. It would probably take someone finding Lizzi's remains in a landfill, or buried anywhere other than water, for the State to prosecute Kat. In other words, it would probably have to be some incontrovertible proof that Kat lied.

Of course, Seth could always turn on Kat and tell where Lizzi is. It wouldn't be the first time a defendant acted against his own interest and turned on a co-conspirator.

It doesn't look like it will happen in this case though. Seth's attorney appears to be doing such an outstanding job discrediting Kat that Seth could walk. And that would truly be a tragedy. IMO, JMO

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh:

Yeppers, Ny, that's the stuff!

:floorlaugh:

images
images

I missed Roberta's testimony, so I went back and watched it last night. I have to say, she was a good witness even though I thought she was kind of an odd duck. She sure seemed to enjoy sparring with Barth, and he seemed to enjoy sparring with her. My overall impression was that she does seem to think Seth did it. She seemed very protective of Kat. :dunno: This is such a strange case. :waitasec:

I have that island on my list to do with the kids this summer. Looking at the map I can't figure out what side they are talking about. And ot I want to live on Goat Island lol.

I always thought the dumping her in the water was a lie. The night seem so rushed for them to get everything done.

Does anyone have the apartments address?

OMG, I just realized that Kat is wearing her Target uniform every day in court. I guess she didn't have any family or friends willing to drop off her any clothes for court. Wearing what she was arrested in, I guess. Lucky she took off her name badge....

That's her prison uniform ~~ its actually orange :fence:

I have that island on my list to do with the kids this summer. Looking at the map I can't figure out what side they are talking about. And ot I want to live on Goat Island lol.

I always thought the dumping her in the water was a lie. The night seem so rushed for them to get everything done.

Does anyone have the apartments address?

They lived in Sawyer Mill Apartments Dover NH...you can google it to get exact address. It is a historic very attractive looking building and I'm certain does not cater to people like these freaks.

Was there an approximate length of trial given to the jurors? My guess is this is going way longer than the court expected. That said...this is one of those trials that could end abruptly for sure. I doubt Barth will be putting up extensive witnesses given that he really used Kat as his star witness. But you never know. It is getting into summer and vacation time and I'm sure that jury is really fatigued after this week. I feel that Seth had an equal if not greater role in the murder but at this point the state has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt to me....and that is a big problem. Hope they have something good coming up next.

Does anybody know when court is supposed to start? TIA

It was 930 or 1000. Judge had business and so did one of the attorneys. My guess it will be at least 10am. Lets hope this Kat nightmare ends this morning!!

Great thoughts! I was thinking, since they seem to have utilized many different dumpsters and gave their locations to LE, that they used another one for her body and just didn't mention it. I doubt she was dumped off that island too. Sounds too far-fetched and difficult.

I have ties to Portsmouth, and I find the idea that she was dumped off Peirce Island to be totally plausible. Everyone knows the currents there are insanely strong. It's very quiet at night and not unheard of for teenagers to go over to drink a beer or smoke a joint. If caught there, they'd just be one more set of young people messing around after dark when they shouldn't be (assuming they weren't seen dragging around a suitcase :eek:) Fortunately, I'm not the homicidal sort, but that would be my choice if I were.

I think that is the reason her body has never turned up, even though the rest of her personal effects have. For a couple of very stupid murderers (I mean, really, calling a friend over? The letters, phone calls, etc. etc.?), that was probably the only "smart" thing they did.

Was there an approximate length of trial given to the jurors? My guess is this is going way longer than the court expected. That said...this is one of those trials that could end abruptly for sure. I doubt Barth will be putting up extensive witnesses given that he really used Kat as his star witness. But you never know. It is getting into summer and vacation time and I'm sure that jury is really fatigued after this week. I feel that Seth had an equal if not greater role in the murder but at this point the state has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt to me....and that is a big problem. Hope they have something good coming up next.

Dont think the judge expected kat to take this long. He is supposed to address this issue today sometime

I thought prisoners were required to wear their standard prison garb when witnesses (they don't have the luxury of being a defendant, like Arias). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members