DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering Maura -----

Today, November 9, 2008 ----- MISSING 4 YEARS 9 months

PRAYING for answers

I just heard about this case in the past few days and have spent many hours reading everything I could about it (thanks to lying in bed sick...). Thank you, Peabody and others, who have kept interest in this case going. For some reason, it has stuck in my mind as well - what happened?!?

Here are a few notes from someone "fresh" to the case (just my impressions, not stated as fact):

1- not suicide or accidental: her body would've been found by now

2- she more than likely had a head injury, making her more easily preyed upon (stranger? bus driver? construction worker?)

3- bus driver's wife seems to be pointing finger AWAY from her husband. Paraphrasing her: "Oh she would not have gone with him - no way - he's too scary - so no need to look down that path." Why is she so quick to deflect interest away from her husband?

4- leaving school voluntarily does not equate to disappearing forever voluntarily

5- no helper. They would've come forward by now.

6- Someone could have taken her, not meaning to kill her but take advantage of her (sexually). B/c of head injury, she could have died.

7- Hard to believe the bus driver didn't have a radio on his bus that could be used to call for help, instead of going home. Since cell phones reportedly don't work in that area, then surely he had some form of communication with him: point being, he did not have to go home to call 911. And anybody could tell that a young girl from out-of-state on a dark night after an accident, with a cracked windshield, was in no state to be left alone, whether waiting for AAA or not. Anyone wanting to help would've stayed with her.

I'm not saying the bus driver killed her or even harmed her, but something about his story isn't right. Same with construction worker. JMHO.

I hope the family has closure someday and that justice is served...

Bumping for Maura. I wish that we knew what happened to her.

Like Bellimon, I am fairly new to this case. Your opinions sound pretty similar to my own. It seems like there are at least a few clues, unlike so many cases. It sounds like the authorities may be withholding some additional information about this case. There is a long chronology of known events that paints a complicated picture. The chances that she was harmed by an out-of-town stranger seem much more remote. The person who did this had some familiarity with the area and some way of blending in--and not be noticed by anyone. I live in a rural and low populated area. It is hard to imagine that whatever happenned to her was NOT witnessed by someone or even a few people. The perpetrator was part of the ordinary routine and the timing and location he was on the road was not remarkable -- most witnesses would have glanced at the perps vehicle and recognized it as a normal vehicle at this time of the day during the work week.

An alternate perp-explanation may be that she had a date planned with some unidentified person who caused her disappearance. Thiis seems less likely because she was not heading to the location of her 'wreck.' She was heading elsewhere--and this person would not have known the area--unless he tricked her to driving through--which seems very unlikely. What happenned to Maura happenned in the general area of the wreck.

Thanks for the link. I had no idea.

It is the number one read story today! That is great. More exposure the better. $40,000 is a lot of money.

Nice catch, I visit cnn.com many times daily and would've never seen that. It says Nancy Grace will be reviewing Maura’s story @ 8 & 10PM, as hardly tolerable I find NG I'll be tuning in to see. Did anyone else see Ben Franklins post on another thread about his suspicion that Brian Rooney had something to do with Maura’s disappearance?

Nice catch, I visit cnn.com many times daily and would've never seen that. It says Nancy Grace will be reviewing Maura’s story @ 8 & 10PM, as hardly tolerable I find NG I'll be tuning in to see. Did anyone else see Ben Franklins post on another thread about his suspicion that Brian Rooney had something to do with Maura’s disappearance?

You mean Nancy Grace is going to cover a story besides Caylee Anthony? I am amazed. I find her insufferable too. I also find it really annoying that all the woman has talked about for months is Caylee. We all want to find Caylee but there are thousands of other missing children who need attention too.

No, I did not read what Ben said. I am assuming it was on the Topix board. i had to take a break because of all the constant bickering between posters. The time frame fits and the location is right. Interesting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Rooney

So, I tuned into Nancy's show tonight (even though she annoys me on several levels) and all I saw was more Caylee coverage. Did she mention Maura and I just missed it?

So, I tuned into Nancy's show tonight (even though she annoys me on several levels) and all I saw was more Caylee coverage. Did she mention Maura and I just missed it?

I don't think that you missed anything. I watch it every night just in case she covers someone else. Tonight she covered a gal named Nadia who is a mom and is missing. Don't know what she is covering on Weds but Thurs and Fri are going to be about Caylee...Thurs the first half of the time she has been missing and Fri the 2nd half of the time she has been missing. I don't understand why she doesn't devote at least half of the hour to someone else.
We all care about Caylee but like you said...there are a lot of other people who are missing and need coverage. Greta seems to be all about politics now so there is only Nancy who is covering topics like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maura_Murray

Hi All

Sorry if this has been discussed, but what might be a reason to put a rag in a muffler? Has it been tested for DNA?

Could she have been followed by someone in the car?

Were the local guy and his girlfriend who were acting suspiciously interviewed or the knife tested for DNA?

Why were no tests done after the dogs hit on the closet of the house?

What link could she have had with the Red Cross -how can it be known that a calling card was issued to the Red Cross-how does that work?

Was the boyfriend completely cleared of suspicion?

I find this case extremely mysterious

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maura_Murray

Hi All

Sorry if this has been discussed, but what might be a reason to put a rag in a muffler? Has it been tested for DNA?

Could she have been followed by someone in the car?

Were the local guy and his girlfriend who were acting suspiciously interviewed or the knife tested for DNA?

Why were no tests done after the dogs hit on the closet of the house?

What link could she have had with the Red Cross -how can it be known that a calling card was issued to the Red Cross-how does that work?

Was the boyfriend completely cleared of suspicion?

I find this case extremely mysterious

Putting a rag in your tailpipe will keep out vermin, such as mice or rats that are looking for a place to nest. I've also heard that a rag in your tailpipe is a signal that the car is not running and is also a signal of distress.

Also, putting a rag over the tailpipe will cause the car to stall out because of lack of oxygen intake to the engine. Maybe it's possible that someone with dubious intentions saw Maura going into a convenience mart and stuffed the rag in the tailpipe in hopes of her car stalling out so they could "rescue" her........

Putting a rag in your tailpipe will keep out vermin, such as mice or rats that are looking for a place to nest. I've also heard that a rag in your tailpipe is a signal that the car is not running and is also a signal of distress.

Also, putting a rag over the tailpipe will cause the car to stall out because of lack of oxygen intake to the engine. Maybe it's possible that someone with dubious intentions saw Maura going into a convenience mart and stuffed the rag in the tailpipe in hopes of her car stalling out so they could "rescue" her........

Also, putting a rag over the tailpipe will cause the car to stall out because of lack of oxygen intake to the engine.

only for the record, a rag obstructing the tailpipe prevents the engine from expelling burned gases which will cause the engine from starting

numerous sources say rag belonged to her car emergency kit

Yeah, but someone asked WHY it was in her tailpipe. I really should go back and reread the case history, but I just have this feeling that someone plugged it in an effort to make her stall out...

not meaning to argue but, that doesn't ring true to me.how does unk. person get rag from her emergency kit to make her stall. not saying its not physically possible but where when or how. not adding up.

Ex-boyfriend, maybe? "Friend" who previously borrowed the car?
I can buy the whole "plug the muffler in hopes of a stall" scenario. I once had two tires slashed at a NC rest stop. The slashes were not the whole way through. My dad found them while washing my car when I got home to PA. We had to replace both tires. About two weeks or so after that AMW had a story about women who were having their tires partially slashed at rest-stops in NC & VA, then being raped by "good Samaritans." My dad totally freaked, bought me a Lady S&W, and got me a carry permit. :(

The rag in the tailpipe has been a source of controversy. It's been theorized that it was either a distress signal, or stuffed in an effort to stall Mauras Saturn. I'll say that it's almost impossible to stall a vehicle by stuffing a rag up the tailpipe. The engine creates far to much compression, the rag would have to be stuffed al the way in, very tightly and held in place with a stick or something in order to stall the motor. Although someone may have attempted this, I would guess it's not what stopped the engine.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Maura has been missing 4 years and 10 months

..........remembering and praying for answers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Maura has been missing 4 years and 10 months

..........remembering and praying for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online