NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to having legal authority to check the nearby house, I doubt they would have it. No search or seizure without probable cause.

B.F.

Hi B.F. They did actually check the A Frame house that was nearby and the sniffer dogs got a hit in the upstairs closet. I believe a swab of carpet was taken to give to police but they would not run forensics on it.

I am off to try and find that in writing for you to read.

It is on the fourth page of the same article. Cadaver dogs being used by private investigators picked up a scents in the house. Samples were sent for testing. It also talks about the knife Fred was given and submitted to LE who didn't seem real enthusiastic about it.

http://southshorexpress.net/content/view/81/174/

Most likely they had permission to search the house from the owner...

Hi B.F. They did actually check the A Frame house that was nearby and the sniffer dogs got a hit in the upstairs closet. I believe a swab of carpet was taken to give to police but they would not run forensics on it.

I am off to try and find that in writing for you to read.

Probable cause was not immediate - someone said that they should have checked immediately. They didn't have it yet - and they merely got permission later.

What happened to the forum at the MauraMurrayMissing website?

S.

Helena Murray, the moderator, became seriously ill a few months back. To save her life, she was placed in a self-induced coma. She has found that she no longer has the mental or physical stamina needed to maintain the forum segment of the site. The remainder of the site is still available at www.mauramurraymissing.com

If I am not mistaken, the A-frame's new owner allowed them to search, but I am not positive.

Hi Masterj! Beautiful day in NYC today isn't it? I think the house itself was not in use but the owners of the property which the house sat on gave permission because technically the house was theirs. I don't think the swabs of carpet were ever tested or if they were the public never heard about it.

It is on the fourth page of the same article. Cadaver dogs being used by private investigators picked up a scents in the house. Samples were sent for testing. It also talks about the knife Fred was given and submitted to LE who didn't seem real enthusiastic about it.

http://southshorexpress.net/content/view/81/174/

Great ink gaia, for those who haven't checked this link out, please do. This isn't just a normal news link, this is a reporter who took the time to write a very short story from beginning to end, covering all the basic facts, along with the narrative emotions, opinions and new details never covered or mentioned. At the bottom of each page continue to click the next prompt, continue reading. Good find gaia, worth the read.

I was just reading on http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/murray_maura.html
Did they release the contents of the note she left for her boyfriend in her packed up dorm room?
The cell phone she took with her from the accident, has it been turned off?

I believe that many sources have doubted any note was left but it certainly seems debatable.

There is also confusion about her "packed up" dorm room. It is very possible that she never unpacked from winter break. These details really just add to the mysterious and uncertain circumstances surrounding this case.

I was just checking in for anything new on this case. Unfortunately nothing yet... :(

Four and a half years...we haven't forgotten. We are still searching for answers.

I've been over to the Topix forum and I will attempt to summarize key pieces of information here. Please correct me and add what I miss. I still haven't read the whole thing.

Here it is: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/franconia-nh/T66DK0TLH7PP4VJ36

Background: There are a number of folks posting there that were former members of the Maura Murray Missing Forum at the (official I suppose) website. One of the private investigators from a team has posted there and has made some comments about what the team has concluded on and the makeup of the team. I can't be sure but even some of the early posters may have been members of her family - and it appeared a private investigator the family hired would read and post.

Basic timeline

At the start, a poster named "OH MY" alluded that he knew something. His posts, as judged by others, but not myself, appeared to them to be more then 1 person.
OH MY finally blurted out a name and then appeals were made for him to contact them.
I don't know what came of it.

There are references to a "BB" making some assertions, but I don't know what they were or how they were resolved.

The board has a belligerent feel at times - somewhat divided - but I am not sure why.

I entered very late. The PI explained what his group does on Page 193. I posted some new thoughts on page 192 and reposted my earlier theory from here on page 194 and asked him if Mr. Atwood knew for certain that it was Maura at the scene of the accident by comparing his memory to a photo.

I thought it was a yes or no question that would either place Maura as a run away or a victim of Mr. Atwood.

But the answer was "Maybe" with added pieces of information. You can read what the PI said on Page 194.

In summary he said that:

1. The broken window was created inside the car
2. The hood damage indeed is not consistent with the crash
3. They ruled out accidental death and suicide.
4. All of the after-disappearance sightings have been investigated and it was a not her

I then asked when he believed that Maura's actions were no longer voluntary

He said he believes after the hood was damaged.

I don't know what evidence he based his conclusions on - I believe he is a PI and he says he speaks for the team, but the team only releases a limited amount of information - no one contradicted him.

The conclusion was that the accident was staged and another woman was probably in the car instead of Maura and talked to Mr. Atwood.

I will continue later - but you can see all of this at Topix if you like.

B F

Hi Crypto...

Sadly, there was nothing definitive found in the last search. If things go as planned, 20/20 will be airing segments on both Maura and Brooke Wilberger on Friday, August 15 at 10 p.m. ET:
Vanished Coeds: Two Families Search for Answers

http://abcnews.go.com/2020

While much of the show may be a replay of a previous show, I know that they interviewed Maura's dad and may have other updated information.

Interesting BF - thanks for summarizing. I read the Topix forum sometimes but cannot always get through it due to the attitudes of some of the posters.

I had not considered the whole scene Abbott encountered as being faked. I want to think on that for a bit.

I had read many times that the damage to the car did not seem consistent with the type of crash.

Would stuffing a rag in a tailpipe cause CO2 to leak into the car?

Police say that blocking the tailpipe would not cause death in an open space.

Maura's story will be on 20/20 at 10 PM EST tonight.

Blocking the tailpipe could cause the motor to stall. It's possible that Maura stepped
on the gas pedal as the car was stalling causing it to speed up quickly. Losing control of the vehicle and then hitting the tree as she had no time to put on the brakes.

I've been over to the Topix forum and I will attempt to summarize key pieces of information here. Please correct me and add what I miss. I still haven't read the whole thing.

Here it is: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/franconia-nh/T66DK0TLH7PP4VJ36

Background: There are a number of folks posting there that were former members of the Maura Murray Missing Forum at the (official I suppose) website. One of the private investigators from a team has posted there and has made some comments about what the team has concluded on and the makeup of the team. I can't be sure but even some of the early posters may have been members of her family - and it appeared a private investigator the family hired would read and post.

Members of Maura's family and her most intimate friends have chosen not to post on internet forums. The family and friends say that reading the forums are emotionally painful and that posting is just beyond their limits. They know that anyone experiencing the pain of a missing loved one understands.

They counted on Helena Murray, who is married to Fred Murray's cousin, and myself, a very close family friend, to try to keep the facts straight; alas, Helena, and I found that internet sleuths were convinced they knew more than we and that we had an agenda in deceiving all of you and placing our own spin on Maura's missing....NOT TRUE! So, we too have given up on any attempt at trying to keep the facts straight......Helena has been ill and I have been dealing with other family demands. Both of us along with many others work behind the scenes and support Fred in all that he undertakes in finding his beloved Maura. However, we just do not have the time nor the physical or emotional fortitude to consistently battle the outright deceptions and frequent misunderstandings that have permeated some forums, especially the Topix forum.

There has never been any private investigator hired at any time by the Murray family, and certainly Frank Kelly aka "Weeper" in his posts on both the MMM website and the Topix forum has never been paid to "side" with the Murray family nor to hide information. He has made it very clear in his postings at the MMM site and most recently on the Topix Forum that he, along with other PI's from MA VT, NH and MA work pro bono (without pay). They were not asked by the Murray family for assistance. The PI Team approached the Murrays at a fund raising event in support of the Molly Bish Foun dation. Molly Bish went missing in MA at the age of 15. Although her body was eventually found, her murderer has not. Her parents John and Magi Bish started the Molly Bish Foundation to assist in justice not only for Molly, but also for other missing persons and their families.

You can access the police report re: the accident whereby Maura's car was found at http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/Documents.html . Please note the many inconsistencies and contradictions.

What does this say? I do not know. To say would only be to speculate, and if ONE thing has hurt Maura's case it is all of the off-the-wall speculation. It does say that ***something is amiss***.

<SNIP>

I entered very late. The PI explained what his group does on Page 193. I posted some new thoughts on page 192 and reposted my earlier theory from here on page 194 and asked him if Mr. Atwood knew for certain that it was Maura at the scene of the accident by comparing his memory to a photo.

I thought it was a yes or no question that would either place Maura as a run away or a victim of Mr. Atwood.

But the answer was "Maybe" with added pieces of information. You can read what the PI said on Page 194.

In summary he said that:

1. The broken window was created inside the car
2. The hood damage indeed is not consistent with the crash
3. They ruled out accidental death and suicide.
4. All of the after-disappearance sightings have been investigated and it was a not her

I then asked when he believed that Maura's actions were no longer voluntary

He said he believes after the hood was damaged.

I don't know what evidence he based his conclusions on - I believe he is a PI and he says he speaks for the team, but the team only releases a limited amount of information - no one contradicted him.

The conclusion was that the accident was staged and another woman was probably in the car instead of Maura and talked to Mr. Atwood.

I will continue later - but you can see all of this at Topix if you like.

B F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member