NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Maura had a one night stand with some guy at a party and got pregnant? I can see that causing her world to go upside down. How could she explain that to her BF? She would have been in a terrible dilemma, if she loved and wanted to marry Bill. To me, it explains her highly emotional reactions and actions after crashing her dad's car.

I may be way off base here, but this scenario seems plausible. However, it doesn't explain what happened to her after her crash in NH.

Yes no matter what her reason for her being there the wreck changed things. There are only so many scenarios, she was abducted, she succumbed to the elements, the wreck somehow made her see things differently and decided to have her child and is living somewhere. I know the last one isn't likely, but it's a nice thought. There is always something else we may not have thought too. I have found it hard to believe that she ran into a serial killer on such a dark cold night. Also if she was pregnant I'm sure she would have let that be known to her killer which would have made this guy even more of a monster. There also could have been some type of accident and someone could have panicked and hid her body.

I doubt anyone panicking would hide her body that quickly. We are talking about a span of just a few minutes.

I honestly think she did not want to be found and just fled the scene. She's either alive and well or died someone in the cold. I doubt a random killer just found her that night and took care of her. If she truly did want to stay safe, she would've stayed with her car when the bus driver went to get help as opposed to running.

I also don't know what the pregnancy things all mean. She may have been wanting to kill it by drinking herself half to death. Saying it seems unlikely doesn't make sense, because she was hardly stable in the days leading up to her disappearance.

Sent from my iPhone

where was her Id because in any hospitol you need id to get help and i think that if she just had an abortion or even if she got advice from a clinic unless she told them she was running away i think once they heard she was missing they would throw out patient confidentiality over her being missing maybe dead . I think this guy is just trying to sell a book after all i have read about him. it didn't have to be a random killer either their are senarios that may of happened that left them no choice like maybe they hit her but she was still alive maybe because she was still alive they raped her those things happen and can make u feel as though if she is dead she cant tell what they did .. my latest theiry is she may have been pregnant by someone else. she may have left for the spot where her and her dad hiked as i think they were religious people not that u have to be but i think they thought being high up hiking up a mountain and being high up your closer to god and i think she was intending on taking all the booze hiking as far up the mountain as she could and was just gonna drink the booze untill she passed out and the cold would do her in from hypothermia....thats what i think she was gonna do problem is as i asked before how far did she get to where her and her dad would stay and hike ...the crash happened but how far away was she . maybe since she crashed she just put her plan into action right then and there and started walking in to the woods and never looked back....the best thing ahduke99 said and is correct for sure ..she is either alive somewhere or dead somewhere...cause there is no inbetween...

Yes no matter what her reason for her being there the wreck changed things. There are only so many scenarios, she was abducted, she succumbed to the elements, the wreck somehow made her see things differently and decided to have her child and is living somewhere. I know the last one isn't likely, but it's a nice thought. There is always something else we may not have thought too. I have found it hard to believe that she ran into a serial killer on such a dark cold night. Also if she was pregnant I'm sure she would have let that be known to her killer which would have made this guy even more of a monster. There also could have been some type of accident and someone could have panicked and hid her body.

I do think an opportunist may have abducted her. It could have been all about timing. Many stranger abductions are "victim was at the wrong place at the wrong time" scenerios. Although, she could have succumbed to the elements or had been hit by a car as well. I can't rule any of these scenerios out.

One big reason many people become members of AAA are for situations where your car breaks down and you are alone. Parents often buy memberships for their kids, so they are not stuck on the side of the road somewhere and very vulnerable. Women also join for that reason. What I'm trying to say is that in the past stranded people had been abducted or robbed by strangers who pretended to be helpful. This is one of the biggest reasons people purchase the membership. This is another reason I can't rule out an opportunist abduction.

Wow! Lots of interesting thoughts!

Her being PG (if she really was) does not explain trip to Haverhill... unless she had an abortion and then went for rest.... if she did not have the abortion, then what CanManEd said is another theory - going to climb the mountain and end it all - but would have thought something would have been found by now...

I did not know that the fellow who was the victim of the hit-an-run accident before she had left - that it happened in front of an abortion clinic - is that really true? Never heard that mentioned...
That accident happened at night IIRC, not sure how that plays into all of this..she was no where near that place at the time... but, but, could she have been involved with in?

As to her having an abortion, she might have used a fake ID, don't know if she had one, but from what I read lots of college gals do today for a number of reasons...

What McSpy said about crimes of opportunity is a big possibility - especially since MM stopped for gas not far from her crash and someone at the station might have noticed she was under the influence a bit...

Wow! Lots of interesting thoughts!

Her being PG (if she really was) does not explain trip to Haverhill... unless she had an abortion and then went for rest.... if she did not have the abortion, then what CanManEd said is another theory - going to climb the mountain and end it all - but would have thought something would have been found by now...

I did not know that the fellow who was the victim of the hit-an-run accident before she had left - that it happened in front of an abortion clinic - is that really true? Never heard that mentioned... That accident happened at night IIRC, not sure how that plays into all of this..she was no where near that place at the time... but, but, could she have been involved with in?

As to her having an abortion, she might have used a fake ID, don't know if she had one, but from what I read lots of college gals do today for a number of reasons...

What McSpy said about crimes of opportunity is a big possibility - especially since MM stopped for gas not far from her crash and someone at the station might have noticed she was under the influence a bit...

BBM

I never heard that either so im now searching old articles...i will also search the older threads on here about MM:

So far i can find no listing for an abortion clinic at the scene of the hit and run.

Found this article though:

Around 12:20 a.m., a UMass junior, Petrit Vasi of Dorchester, was found unconscious in the road at the intersection of Triangle and Mattoon Streets in Amherst, about a mile and a half away from where Maura was working.

Maura was already at work for a couple of hours by that time.

While speculation has focused on a possible link between the accident and Maura's demeanor and later departure, such a scenario is unlikely. To have been present at the scene of the accident Maura would have had to leave her work, walk to her car, drive downtown and return without her supervisor noticing

http://southshorexpress.com//index....d-to-mauras-disappearance&catid=912&Itemid=83

Incidentally, Mr. Renner is not allowed to post on Maura's Missing FB group page anymore, nor is anyone allowed to post a link to his blog.It seems Fred Murray does not want a book about Maura published and feels Mr Renner is trying to profit off Maura's story. Mr Renner addresses that issue in his blog:

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2011/07/profiting-off-tragedy.html#links

They have a link to Nancy Grace on that page, why is this Mr. Renner "profiting" off this case any more than her? What about the "Maura is Missing" newspaper article? Last I checked that newspaper was "for profit" as well.

I do think an opportunist may have abducted her. It could have been all about timing. Many stranger abductions are "victim was at the wrong place at the wrong time" scenerios. Although, she could have succumbed to the elements or had been hit by a car as well. I can't rule any of these scenerios out.

One big reason many people become members of AAA are for situations where your car breaks down and you are alone. Parents often buy memberships for their kids, so they are not stuck on the side of the road somewhere and very vulnerable. Women also join for that reason. What I'm trying to say is that in the past stranded people had been abducted or robbed by strangers who pretended to be helpful. This is one of the biggest reasons people purchase the membership. This is another reason I can't rule out an opportunist abduction.

I've always thought there may have been a police impersonator with a scanner in the area at the time. It might also explain the Brianna Maitland disappearance. There is precedent for this sort of thing.

They have a link to Nancy Grace on that page, why is this Mr. Renner "profiting" off this case any more than her? What about the "Maura is Missing" newspaper article? Last I checked that newspaper was "for profit" as well.

Maybe Fred Murray feels that Mr. Renner has found things out that

1) He doesnt want people to know about, if they're true.
2) He doesnt want these "extraneous" details to cloud over what happened to Maura because he feels they are insignificant. Perhaps he thinks if people focus on the drama before she disappeared, then finding the answers fall by the wayside..

I think this case has been spinning its wheels for along time and Mr. Renner has finally come along with some traction to get it moving forward...

I hope...

Reminds me of the old saying attributed to Abe Lincoln :

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time;
some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
— Abraham Lincoln

I think to be a good writer and objective investigator, this has to be foremost in their minds, for there will be some in denial and some with personal agendas and some with
wanting the truth at all costs to win out.

But never will all be in one spot.

I appreciate knowing another point of view as to what conceivably happened to this young woman after all this time of dead ends.

I've always thought there may have been a police impersonator with a scanner in the area at the time. It might also explain the Brianna Maitland disappearance. There is precedent for this sort of thing.

I agree about the scanner, police impersonator theory.... also mention was made of snow plow operators in the area since it had snowed earlier... and of course her stopping for gas shortly before her crash and perhaps being seen with alcohol and appearing vulnerable...

IIRC Brianna M case involved a drug dealer - and turned out not to be related to Maura's case.

Agree - in a way we are all "profiting" from Maura's tragedy... some make money, some past the time of day away thinking about her's and other cases...
Is this a bad thing or a good thing? I feel publicity/attention to a cold case is really a good thing!

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2011/07/on-running.html

No new info... some thoughts on M being a runner...

Did not care for "It's addicting like a drug. Like good coke, even." No such thing in my mind, unless he's talking about the soft drink!

I never found running to be really addictive... all the talk about it being so - I missed something there.
Being out in the sunshine - that's addictive.... jogging on long trails was nice.... seeing the way it would change with each season... blistering heat in the summer... cool fall days...the stillness as snow began falling...

Did not care for "It's addicting like a drug. Like good coke, even." No such thing in my mind, unless he's talking about the soft drink!

I never found running to be really addictive... all the talk about it being so - I missed something there.
Being out in the sunshine - that's addictive.... jogging on long trails was nice.... seeing the way it would change with each season... blistering heat in the summer... cool fall days...the stillness as snow began falling...

I gotta agree with him. Although I have never done drugs I used to run and can tell you that I couldn't wait to get my second wind as this is when the natural high came on and you looked forward to it. Think maybe was just being a bit dramatic.

One main difference is that the family contacted Nancy Grace and agreed to be on her show, in hopes that the publicity would help find Maura. The same with Montel, Discovery ID, newspaper coverage, etc.

I don't know that Maura's family has spoken at all about the reasons they choose not to be associated with Mr. Renner--only that their silence seems to me to indicate that they have no desire to be associated.

It is other people who have been publicly indignant at the idea of profiting off Maura's disappearance. (though the Murray family may, indeed, have been privately indignant.)

I for one would be less critical of Mr. Renner if so many of his supposed facts weren't patently incorrect.

To answer your question (eek! welcome wagon!) OldSteve, my theories of what happened to Maura are all informed by the knowledge that I have far less information than people working on the case: police, private investigators, her family. However, I will say that I don't believe Maura intended to run away and start a new life. Beyond that, I choose not to speculate publicly.

I for one would be less critical of Mr. Renner if so many of his supposed facts weren't patently incorrect.

Could you give a few examples? (Actually, since Renner has posted so little, could you list of all of them?)

That would help me and, I'm guessing, others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs