NJ NJ - Destiny Sanith, 27, from PA, seen @ convenience store, Folsom Borough, 4 Mar 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this works. The first video is approaching the Wawa/Sunoco and the road behind the Sunoco. The second is driving from the Sunoco to the pizza place where her car was left. Sorry, the weather was terrible that weekend.

Video approaching from West and road behind Sunoco
Sunoco to Angelo’s Pizzeria

Thank you for posting this and sharing it with us. It definitely looks woodsy out there.

I have a question for all of us here, how can someone just disappear?
There seems to be people around, wouldn't the locals have heard about this case and it should concern them?

How can someone disappear? Very easily down here. We have hundreds of thousands of acres of woodland, the Pine Barrens. Most people from out of town can't navigate the area. Thousands upon thousands of acres to hide a body. And scavengers too. Its easy to get lost, or lose someone in there. Not to mention the Jersey Devil ;)

And I find that smaller towns like this one don't really like people from outside their town/surrounding towns. So they're probably not concerned. I imagine its like "Oh, some Philly girl came down here and got lost. Oh well." Its not one of theirs, so no need to worry, or even help look.

But what is State Police's issue? Why aren't they looking harder for her? I would actually go look myself but I have a feeling she is no longer with us and her body was removed from the area.

@bykerladi, you left out the wild dog packs. I actually know the person responsible for about 90% of the Jersey Devil sightings in the late 60's through the 70's ;) When it comes to the Barrens, you can walk 20 feet in and become hopelessly lost. Sometimes the trees are so close together you can barely fit between.

@bykerladi , let's see if we agree on this, given the location. The spots of high probability for a hasty search would be the large section of woods, off Cain's Mill Road, behind the Sunoco and the Hammonton Home Center and Cain's Mill Lake and Braddock Lake behind the WAWA. It's the closest secluded place that an abductor could take advantage of. I would be first looking for her clothing and personal effects and secondly for remains in the water. If all that area was searched, it would give a higher probability to either being abducted and transported or meeting with someone and exiting the area. Oh and if you know who Tom Brown (originally from Tom's River and Lacy Township) is, I was one of his early graduates in addition to my Native American training. :)

My concern is, at least at this point, the brush may cover up clothing. That is, not that she isn't there, but may be hard to see. Not to mention chiggers. Ugh. I HATE chiggers. The water around there is a little harder, depends on which body of water. Are we talking marsh, or are we talking the blue hole type water? But overall yes, is she's clearly not there, and none of her personal items are found, then I suspect she was taken elsewhere. Actually, I'm inclined to believe she was taken anyway, just knowing how people work down here. If I had to bet, the majority of people down here, not just men, are hunters, and know parts of the woods no one else knows. Its unwritten law to not infringe on someone else's tree stand. My dad was one of those guys. Never figured out how they knew where each other was, but somehow they did. Anyone tells you there was an "accidental" shooting down here you know they're lying.

Could she possibly have been picked up by a vehicle out back and the camera wouldn't get it? What if quite possibly, she made her way back to Philly? If she did, wouldn't there be cameras at toll to capture an image or something?

I'm wondering if she had intended to meet someone and abandon the car anyway. If she had been concerned about the car, I expect she would have called family or had LE do it. Her actions prior to going missing don't make sense to me. While there are always exceptions, every Piney I have ever met (while very territorial) were nice folks once you got to know them and frequently offered to refill my canteen when I was hiking.

I'm wondering if she had intended to meet someone and abandon the car anyway. If she had been concerned about the car, I expect she would have called family or had LE do it. Her actions prior to going missing don't make sense to me. While there are always exceptions, every Piney I have ever met (while very territorial) were nice folks once you got to know them and frequently offered to refill my canteen when I was hiking.

It seems like going to meet someone makes sense. Being all the way from the city of Philly, and winding up in Folsom. It just makes no sense unless it's to meet someone.

Yet another odd thing here - there’s no mention of a phone. Often, there will be mention of “we tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.”

This is starting to feel a bit like Maura Murray: could be a planned disappearance, could be a spur-of-the-moment decision to take off after getting into car trouble, could be that she was harmed by someone who offered help.

How long ago was this?
Big forest fire in that area right now. Thousands of acres in danger. Rumor is it could be the biggest fire in the history of that part of the Pine Barrens. Most of that area is currently off limits.
That’s terrible now the chances of finding her really may be slim to none. Smh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back