AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is where the buildings he pointed to are, it doesn't say that is how the van was seen leaving.
First LE statement I read after suspect was identified stated he was seen leaving on Burt St at 4:20pm. Reports now only mention time and not street.
IMO it is the most direct and straightforward way to leave the area behind the buildings where vehicle can be seen by basketball court.

why did the first guy with dreads who spoke in the video after Alavez say "this isn't the first time this has happened?".
IMO, I think he was just saying it in the general term referencing keeping a closer eye on your children, because abductions have happened before. I could be mistaken but that was my interpretation.

Are Police still claiming that they are trying to speak to Dulce's biological father but haven't been able to?

Apparently a quote from Friday's press conference:
Webb-McRae added they are actively seeking to speak to Dulce’s father who is not in the United States.

'Remain Hopeful We Will Find Dulce Alive': $35,000 Reward Offered As Search For Missing Dulce Maria Alavez In Fifth Day

An article from Wednesday:
The girl’s father lives in Mexico, but still has relatives in Bridgeton who told him about his daughter’s disappearance, said Alavez, who pleaded with whoever took the girl to return her safely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...mily-was-involved-in-girls-disappearance/amp/

And mom apparently spoke to him on Wednesday as well.
The 5-year-old’s father is reportedly living in Mexico, where he is studying at a university in Sinaloa.
Alavez Perez told NJ.com that she had spoken to him over the phone on Wednesday.
“He said we have to have faith in God that he’s going to bring her back home safe,” she said.

Mom’s Boyfriend Questioned In Disappearance Of 5-Year-Old Girl At New Jersey Park

Not implicating the father, but why is it his local Bridgeton family were able to speak to him, and the mother was able to speak to him, but police haven't been able to speak with him?

Last edited:
But ... stranger abduction and crime of opportunity, 24 people at the tennis courts and playground saw a child abduction but did not realize that a child was abducted. How did that happen? The orange running shoes looked normal near the tennis courts?
I think the 24 people were either focused on playing the basketball game, or were watching the game. They probably would not have been paying attention to what was going on around them.
Although a few of them did, because LE was able to get a description of the man and the vehicle and and were able to determine that she was lured away from the area and put in the van. Imo

Someone mentioned upthread about the determination of children with a missing father to go with him if he shows up. If someone claims to be the father, the child may not know better.

At this time, investigators believe that the child is alive. If they believed that this was a random abduction, they would know that the child was dead in 45 minutes to 2 hours.

The hope is that the father, who is unreachable, has care of the missing child.
Father is not unreachable. And the chances that a college student in Mexico all of the sudden decided he wanted to take care of a five year old child are slim to none.

Because he is said to be attending school - the theory is that he is about the same age as the mom.
Mother's parents reportedly immigrated to US about 20 years ago. Which would mean mother is a US citizen (was born in US?) since she is 19. So presumably the child was conceived in US, not Mexico. Which mean we should be discussing statutory rape laws here in US, not Mexico, as Mexican laws would be irrelevant. Mother also didn't have custody of the girl, grandmother did.

"Alavez Perez’s parents — who have reversed last names, Norma Perez Alavez and Camilo Alavez Perez — emigrated from Mexico 20 years ago. The father works in a nursery, the mother in a food factory."

Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

If the brother is the witness that gave the detailed description, then the two children may have walked behind the buildings and was talking to the man before the man decided to leave and take Dulce with him. Both children would have had to be behind the buildings for the brother to see Dulce being buckled into the back seat. That seems like a lot of specific details for a three year old to remember and then to repeat.
The brother only pointed to where he last saw his sister when the mom asked where she was.
The description of the suspect and of the man putting the child in the van was taken from several witnesses who were there.
They interviewd three more witnesses on Saturday, including a child, but we have not yet heard if they were given any new information.
Hopefully we will have an update today.

IMO

Last edited:
Father is not unreachable. And the chances that a college student in Mexico all of the sudden decided he wanted to take care of a five year old child are slim to none.

At the press conference on Friday, they said they were actively attempting to speak to him. (Unreachable to them at least it seems) despite local family and the mom having spoken to him via phone prior to that. (Wednesday)

If the brother is the witness that gave the detailed description, then the two children may have walked behind the buildings and was talking to the man before the man decided to leave and take Dulce with him.

If the children walked behind the buildings to the man, the people watching the basketball game would not have noticed anything wrong or been suspicious of a kidnapping. It would have looked as though the kids were with the van.
I don't think there is any chance brother gave a description. He is only 3. He is going to describe orange shoes (possibly Nike), red pants and black shirt, and a red van with sliding door? I don't think so.

not a farmer, but it is harvest time for something - corn, pumpkins, ? need to turn over fields for next year.
Definitely. Farms are gathering the last crops, pumpkins and apples are in full swing, road stands for local produce are selling the final harvests. Even mums are and have been gathered up, potted and put up for sale. I'm betting most farms in September and even into October have need for laborers.

I would still like to know what was of interest to the two dozen men standing outside the two workers shacks across from Walmart’s that afternoon.
How far are the two shacks that are across from Walmarts from the road behind the park buildings?
There are no workers homes (shacks) there. Only thing across the street from Walmart is a funeral home.

Google Maps

When she first went missing the news said that Dulces father came to the states and then went back home. That was at the same time the mothers boyfriend was being questioned.

Reports I dug up say that he returned to Mexico to finish his studies, but a date or even approximate time period of when that occured was never given I don't think, so I don't know that it can be said that he returned to Mexico at the same time that the boyfriend was detained by ICE. (Jmo based on articles I found without specific dates for when he returned for college)

The girl’s father, meanwhile, has returned to Mexico to study at a university in Sinaloa after staying with Alavez, a Bridgeton native, for a short time, the newspaper reports.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...disappearance-of-5-year-old-dulce-alavez/amp/

Gaimari said the girl's father is not involved with her mother and is believed to be in Mexico.
5-year-old girl was abducted from playground, NJ police say

Dulce’s father, she said, is from Mexico and, after being with Alavez Perez in New Jersey for a while, returned there to study at a university in Sinaloa. “He’s finishing his studies so he could give a better life to my daughter,” she said.
Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

The 5-year-old’s father is reportedly living in Mexico, where he is studying at a university in Sinaloa.
Mom’s Boyfriend Questioned In Disappearance Of 5-Year-Old Girl At New Jersey Park

There are no workers homes (shacks) there. Only thing across the street from Walmart is a funeral home.

Google Maps
This is a street view of the back of WalMart and it is the warehouse distribution area where there would be a need for men to load and unload merchandise. It is possible that a group of men had just come off a work shift or were waiting to start. Off to the right of the picture, if you use Google street, the homes are small and I guess could be considered shacks although they done look like that to me.
Google Maps

Does anyone recall hearing the time of the phone call that Dulce’s mom made to her brother to come and help her search. I’m curious as to what time that was and how long it took him to get to the park. In the first interview that she did she mentioned she was looking all over and she asked people that were there if they saw anything and they said they didn’t see nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vliegtuig