AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just one of the many articles . Some concerning children tortured were too graphic, imo. They do need some insight from a Mexican expert I believe
In US kidnappings for ransom are rare. I am pretty sure most children kidnapped by strangers here are kidnapped by pedophiles. Of course victim being from Mexico, and kidnapper described as possibly Hispanic, who knows.

Watching the video, the Cumberland County Prosecutor appears very shaken....Just my opinion.

We’re pretty podunky down here, urban motifs notwithstanding. She’s dealt with murder and mayhem but probably not so much scrutiny. I know people in her office ... all good people ... probably not fully prepared for a case with so many questions.

Respectfully snipped for focus and commentary response.
I usually am able to formulate a theory on these threads pretty fast, but I am at a total loss on this little one's missing status. Three kids, three fathers; one in mexico, another one questioned by ICE; where is the third one? Is he accounted for? I wish I understood the dynamics with the exes better, then I could better determine if they might be implicated.

Why do you suspect revenge or rage Marple?

Amateur opinion and speculation
Actually at this point I don't suspect a rage/revenge killing, I was pointing out what I've observed over the years. IOW, in cases where SA is involved I've seen bodies recovered in short distances from the abduction point, whether or not the perp is a stranger or known to family whereas in cases where a caregiver (often not the bio parent) kills a child as retaliation to their partner or rage over an imagined incident the child is often found further away.

Again, there are exceptions - Skylea Carmack was found in her own home for example. But more often than not rage/retaliation child murderers seem to dump the body further away. IMO and just a personal theory I think it's because a sexual predator wants to distance themselves as far away as possible from their act while angry caregivers/boyfriends/girlfriends simply want to avoid getting caught. A subtle difference as neither wants to be caught but I think there's a psychological effect at play. MOO.

ETA: And yes, this one's a stumper. I can't get my head into it as it's all over the place.

Makes sense. I was trying to get a read on the people and she came across as particularly nervous/upset. Not a criticism. I'm just wondering what she might know....would upset me too....

The reason we have help from 50 jurisdictions is definitely because this is a highly unusual thing ... this uncertainty about what happened vs. Cumberland County’s general inexperience. There’s plenty of crime, but there is never anything this baffling ... I’m sure that 99% of the time Webb-McRae has no doubt who did it. She has no clue here.

That’s why I don’t think mom is directly involved despite pervasive and horrible local rumors ... mom’s not thinking that far ahead. Mom is just getting by like everyone else. This would have never unfolded in this way if mom arranged this with professionals. We’d not even be talking about it bc no one would realize she’s gone.

I don’t have a photo from the perspective you mention. However, in being very familiar with that park, I can tell you this. The courts back right up to the playground, the courts are fenced in. Even though mom was sitting in a car, some ways away, there was still a view from her car to the playground. Perhaps not completely unobstructed, but enough that she probably felt comfortable enough.

I think, if this is a stranger abduction, it is easy enough for someone to have been parked behind the storage buildings that the 3yr old mentioned/pointed out. It is a secluded area. It has some old tennis courts, that appear unkept and caged storage areas, like platforms that are used to store park equipment, containers, lights, etc. this area is not as populated as the other areas of the park.

It would be quite easy for someone parked here to have a pretty decent view of the children playing on the playground, from between the two buildings and easier still to walk between these buildings, unnoticed and approach a child, or call them over, etc. Even lure them further over to behind the buildings where a child could be put into a car and driven away without getting much attention. It’s a busy park, especially that time of day, but busy doesn’t necessarily mean everyone is paying attention, but rather chaotic busy where things may not be noticed with the noise levels of nearby practicing football teams, cheerleader practice, kids screaming on a playground and the sounds of basketball.

I’m posting a few maps of the area to put it in perspective.

Key:
Blue is where mom parked
Yellow is swingset
Green is basketball courts
Red is storage buildings
White is secluded area behind storage buildings
Black is paths out/roads

Forgive the roughness, I did these hastily.

Also, from aerial view, areas seem further away than if you were standing there. See maps with distances measured.

I may go out there later as they are having a candlelight vigil, maybe grab pics, if I get there early enough.

Welcome, thank you and marking for reference.

No new info at this link but it does have a nice day by day summary of the investigation.

$35,000 Reward: Search For Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Enters Sixth Day In Bridgeton, New Jersey

Apologies if it's been posted already.

“Detectives say they’ve conducted about 75 interviews so far.

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said the search expanded another mile-and-a-half in each direction.

Gaimari also shot down an erroneous report going around that Dulce’s mother, 19-year-old Noema Alavez Perez, was arrested and said how that report started is being investigated.“

Last edited:
There is a lot of mention regarding the clothing and vehicle of the POI. Reference made to a possible uniform. What about medical scrubs? Such as someone that worked for a home health or nursing facility? Or even someone that works for a private ambulance company?

That would possibly give them access to a red van with sliding doors as well. Just a thought...

The reason we have help from 50 jurisdictions is definitely because this is a highly unusual thing ... this uncertainty about what happened vs. Cumberland County’s general inexperience. There’s plenty of crime, but there is never anything this baffling ... I’m sure that 99% of the time Webb-McRae has no doubt who did it. She has no clue here.

That’s why I don’t think mom is directly involved despite pervasive and horrible local rumors ... mom’s not thinking that far ahead. Mom is just getting by like everyone else. This would have never unfolded in this way if mom arranged this with professionals. We’d not even be talking about it bc no one would realize she’s gone.

I will also be surprised if the mother is involved. Personally, I'm leaning towards abduction by a stranger, even though it is rare, and some of the details here seem odd. There hasn't been anything suggested yet that seems a likely motive otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me for asking, but is this a park that they frequented?

Is it a popular place for kids and their parents to hang out?

If either of those answers are yes, is it possible that someone was watching Dulce and heaven help me, wanted her, like some sick perverts out there? I know of a couple of cases from back in the 80's, to which it appears that both kids were unknowingly stalked. The pervert knew their routines, and when they kidnapped their victims, they did it in an area not very populated.

I was just wondering if there was some sicko in their neighborhood that could have been watching Dulce and her family's routine closely.

Last edited:

People also need to realize that Mom is young, very young for a young woman to have three children, one at the age of five. She's still a kid herself, by my standards. I am sure she's panicking and naturally can't reign in her emotions right now. She'll be heavily scrutinize like just about all parents are of missing children, unfortunately. Let's face it, most of those children end up deceased, and it ends up being the parent that had them who harmed them, or a spouse or ex or step parent. Right now, I have a hard time coming down on her.

This is why I'm leaning towards a uniform of some sort. I know larger fast food like McDonald's,as an example, have mostly moved away from those garish combinations, but might there still be other smaller companies that use them?

A "Dad" coming off a shift, putting his "daughter" in a van wouldn't raise any alarm bells until after the fact, when people might have realized it was, or could have been, Dulce? She has been described as shy, and being so young....

Any locals have ideas of possible uniforms and/or brightly colored delivery vehicles?

Just a theory....

I agree with you. While “watching” the game with hubby been searching for local companies with that combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018