AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article has some more interesting information. Apparently when they have gone to the park in the past, they usually have their dog with them (I recall it is a pit bull mix from some previous publications). This time they didn't have a dog with them. It's a fair assumption that any kidnapper would be reluctant to abduct a child if a big dog was present (especially one that is scary to people).

"More typically, the girl and her 3-year-old brother would have headed toward the swing set in company with a large dog the family has. The dog did not come on this trip because the mother said the animal was scary to some people."
Mom was checking lottery ticket, helping with homework when Dulce Alavez went missing

this answers so many questions I have had. Thank you!

Dulce went missing on the afternoon of Sept. 16 after her mother, Noema Alavez Perez, took her, her 3-year-old brother and her 8-year-old cousin to get ice cream at a neighborhood convenience store.

When they arrived at Bridgeton City Park at around 4 p.m., Dulce and her brother ran to the playground while Ms. Alavez Perez sat in the car with the 8-year-old, roughly 30 yards away, according to police reports.

Minutes later, she found Dulce’s brother on the playground crying. When she asked where his sister was, he pointed to a cluster of buildings near the park.

Ms. Alavez Perez panicked, according to family members. Unable to find Dulce, she called the police and her family, frantically telling them to come to the park.

“She called me sobbing, I could hardly understand her but she said Dulce is missing, the police are looking for her, come to the park right now,” Norma Perez, Ms. Alavez Perez’s mother who helped raise Dulce, remembered, through tears.

“I felt like my heart stopped,” Ms. Perez, 40, said.

“She would always be with me and my mom, she would never get away from us,” Ms. Alavez Perez, 19, told local reporters, adding, “She wouldn’t go with a stranger she doesn’t know.”

She Disappeared From a Playground. Fears of Kidnapping and ICE Followed.

Many who live on the same block as the Alavez Perez family described Dulce as a playful child with a near-constant smile. She would often play in the family’s yard with her brother and nag her older cousins to show her YouTube videos of Peppa Pig, her cousin Jose Alavez Perez, 16, said.

“She is just such a happy kid,” he said.

These days, Dulce’s mother spends her time either at home or sitting on the blue cotton chairs of their local Pentecostal church, praying for her daughter to return, Ms. Perez says.

"I know she wants to come back home because she doesn't like being far away from her family," said Perez. "If somebody knows something, please come forward and talk."
https://21153.mc.tritondigital.com/OMNY_KYWAMONDEMAND_P/media-session/d4fba363-fd0c-4e54-ad37-12500780f556/d/clips/4b5f9d6d-9214-48cb-8455-a73200038129/4123075b-8fb2-47cf-a40b-a7940083ac70/7c427b7f-ac8b-4226-b99a-aad801802717/audio/direct/t1569885594/Mother_of_missing_Bridgeton_girl_'Don't_give_up_on_my_Dulce'.mp3?t=1569885594&dl=1&utm_source=Embed
"It's been really difficult for me sleeping," she said. "I can't even go to sleep because I keep thinking about my daughter because she didn't want to sleep by herself; she always wanted someone to be with her. She was afraid of the dark and everything."

"Please stop the rumors," begged Perez. "Please stop pointing fingers when you don't know and we don't know who took her."

She also had a message for Dulce's alleged kidnapper: "Return my daughter; she's just an innocent girl. She's just 5 years old. She doesn't know nothing of the world that we know because we're adults. She's just a little girl, she's innocent. She's just living her childhood."

Mother of missing Bridgeton girl: 'Don't give up on my Dulce'

Last edited:
Like Dulce’s grandparents, most older residents here emigrated from Mexico around 20 years ago. Many made their way directly to Bridgeton, where they had been told ample work was available in the surrounding vegetable farms and food processing factories.

The immigrants’ American-born children grew up in the same communal atmosphere their parents knew back home, playing freely in the streets after school, while adults chatted on the porches of two-family homes.

The investigation, resulting in increased attention on Bridgeton, has also heightened fears among undocumented residents of law enforcement and deportation.

“I haven’t seen racism here before — in our little town there’s nothing like that,” said Licho Ruiz, 37, a resident and mother of two young children, adding, “It is really unbelievable. People are really afraid now.”

But in Bridgeton, a tight-knit enclave of mostly Latino immigrants, the case has thrust residents into the heated, national discourse over immigration and xenophobia from which they had been mostly insulated.

Residents said the community has largely evaded the increased immigration enforcement efforts of recent years, though they fear Dulce’s disappearance could change that.

A few people were picked up here and there, but we haven’t lost so many people,” said Alberto Peresia, 41. “But with the kidnapping, now we are worried in two ways: one is the safety of our kids, the other is immigration enforcement.”

“The only tension we’ve had here is between people with papers and people without papers,” said Maria, 41, who preferred to only be identified by her first name because of her immigration status. “I’ve never encountered racism from other people, especially singling out Mexicans, here. That is very bad for all of us. And it’s coming from a teacher. What will the kids she teaches grow up thinking?”
She Disappeared From a Playground. Fears of Kidnapping and ICE Followed.

Last edited:
I am gonna echo what I see a lot.

We don't understand the car situation with the mother. As to why she needed to stay in the car. Homework/scratch offs/whatever makes very little sense because there is seating at every single park in the area. Almost to the point of most of them being able to accommodate parties/festivals.

She's young, inexperienced, and more of a big sister than a parent. The 3 and 5 year old live with, and are raised by, their grandparents. She made a mistake when she remained in the car and let the 3 and 5 year old go alone to the playground. It's unfortunate, but it seems that she did not understand the risks. It's possible that this was her normal routine with the children at the park, which opens the possibility that a predator noticed this routine and was prepared to abduct Dulce that day.

Predators are always looking for an opportunity. In many ways, it's not unlike the predator who abducts a 19 year old woman routinely jogging alone on a rural road. It's safe the first 10 times she runs the same route, and then it's not safe.

In the new interview they ask (in Spanish) if she has any enemy or someone that could have taken the child, she replies that no, that she was never a problem child at all, on the contrary that she (the mother) is very shy person. That she used to smoke (I assume weed) but that she stopped when she had her children (i don't know if she means the most recent child or Dulce). So a teenager used to smoke weed and party, like a lot of people do, i don't see how its such a big deal and why people keep mentioning the mother past.

She is 19 years old, still a teenager. She has a 5 year old child, so she was pregnant 6 years ago at age 13. If she smoked pot as a teenager, but stopped when her children were born, then she was smoking pot when she was 12-13 years old. However, we know that she lived separate from her parents and children due to personal issues after the children were born.

The only reason this matters is that it gives context for why she lived separate from her family and clarifies her role as more like sibling than parent.

Although the family hopes that someone who knows the family has Dulce, I think the majority know that this was a stranger abduction - perhaps a stranger who has seen Dulce in the past - and that she was no longer alive within a couple of hours of abduction. That is what normally happens. Some day her remains will be found.

She's young, inexperienced, and more of a big sister than a parent. The 3 and 5 year old live with, and are raised by, their grandparents. She made a mistake when she remained in the car and let the 3 and 5 year old go alone to the playground. It's unfortunate, but it seems that she did not understand the risks. It's possible that this was her normal routine with the children at the park, which opens the possibility that a predator noticed this routine and was prepared to abduct Dulce that day.

Predators are always looking for an opportunity. In many ways, it's not unlike the predator who abducts a 19 year old woman routinely jogging alone on a rural road. It's safe the first 10 times she runs the same route, and then it's not safe.
Yes, it’s a very sad commentary when little children are unable to play safely in their neighborhood park.

As for women jogging, after reading too many threads on WS, I decided to buy a treadmill.

Sad commentary, isn’t it.

I agree- I think it’s hugely important to be able to assess what is reliable information about the crime itself and what isn’t. I’ve been a bit unsettled actually ever since watching that interview today- between the red van/no van, and now the brother running to car/not running to car, I feel like details we’re being given through MSM are now unreliable.

The other thing unsettling to me is Noema’s comments about things in her past and people that have issues with her family (paraphrased). And that is in no way victim-blaming. It makes me worried there are in fact people who could wish harm upon her and her family and could have taken Dulce for that reason. And if so, that bit could be important, no?

MOO.

I took that as her "Catholic guilt." I touched on it earlier in the thread. She feels that her messed up past has God punishing her by taking her daughter. That's why she doesn't want her daughter to pay for things from the past.

“Today marks two weeks since the monster that took my daughter and made my life change for the worse,” Alavez Perez said, according to CBS Philly. “She was afraid of the dark and everything. And every night, I always think of her, thinking that she’s crying and that she misses us, misses us a lot.”

Alavez told the station she’s been responsive to investigators’ questions and has allowed authorities to comb through her phone at least three times.

“If somebody knows something, please come forward and talk,” she added. “We miss her a lot, our family, everyone does.”
https://nypost.com/2019/10/01/missing-girl-dulce-maria-alavezs-mom-pleads-again-for-help/

I really don't think mom is savy enough to stump LE for this long. That's why I'm really leaning towards stranger abduction. Or more so someone who knew of Dulce or followed her who abducted. Still a stranger abduction to me.

I know she uses past tenses at times when referring to Dulce but I think that's more of her language barrier. I know lots of people who mix up their tenses when English isn't their first language. I speak both English and Spanish, didn't learn English until I went to school, but now English is my primary language. When I speak Spanish sometimes I mix up my tenses.

Yes, it’s a very sad commentary when little children are unable to play safely in their neighborhood park.

As for women jogging, after reading too many threads on WS, I decided to buy a treadmill.

Sad commentary, isn’t it.

It's just a fact of life that people have to be mindful of their surroundings, how they are perceived, and who is in the vicinity. Much as we want the world to be a beautiful happy live and let live place where everyone is kind and caring, that has never been reality.

Dulce, a young child, was alone at the playground. She was seen by a predator, he saw an opportunity, and that cannot be undone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova