AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went looking to find out if there were any announcement by LE/Prosecutor when the 911 tape was released. I'm having a hard time understanding the decision to release a statement 2 weeks after the fact and following extensive investigation of the situation by LE.

Why release a tape blindly into the public domain with no context or guidance as to how the information contained in the tape should be treated and processed.

To all of us following along since the beginning this 911 tape just seems like 'yet another version' of 'what might have happened'.

Absolutely baffled by what is going on with this investigation and disappointed by what appears to be a lack of leadership in directing the narrative to make it easier for the public to assist in finding a 5 yo child.

What is going on here!?!?!?!?!?!

MOO

Last edited:
No, Noema didn't tell that in 911 call. That seems to be something 911 dispatcher came up with. Dispatcher made conclusions not really based on anything "they" supposedly saw as relayed by Dulce's mother. Dulce's mother herself didn't actually see anything, but she never said two men took Dulce.
Thanks for the correction. So
Noema said, “People say that somebody...probably somebody took her.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Bridgeton-New-Jersey.html

Analysis: Vineland-Bridgeton job market among 10 worst in U.S.

Who are the major employers in Bridgeton?

What is the big draw for the Hispanic community to this small town?

I’m from NJ (a few hours north of Bridgeton) and it is pretty much an all around “melting pot” from practically every nation here. Certain towns are known to have influx of immigrants from specific countries.

I read an article recently (will look for the link) it explained how the immigration of undocumented Mexicans began shifting from California to the East Coast about 20 years ago. California started implementing stricter laws on “sweat shops” and increased minimum wage and the economy in NY/NJ was booming and there was a lot of work/money to be made here.
There is a big agricultural industry here along with food processing plants which is the draw in the rural area surrounding Bridgeton. I live in Monmouth County and
and there are communities of Oaxaca here as well (not to the degree of Bridgeton).
In my area they tend to work in the service industry restaurants/hotels (laundry & landscaping) cleaning homes and home construction. There are certain areas (usually by a Home Depot or Lowe’s) where day laborers line up and construction companies drive by and pickup workers skilled in a particular trade to help on whatever job they are working on painting, carpentry etc. In an earlier post someone commented that they saw a line of men near Walmart or the park in a Bridgeton and wondered if it was suspicious. I knew right away it was the day laborers lining up for work.

I just went looking to find out if there were any announcement by LE/Prosecutor when the 911 tape was released. I'm having a hard time understanding the decision to release a statement 2 weeks after the fact and following extensive investigation of the situation by LE.

Why release a tape blindly into the public domain with no context or guidance as to how the information contained in the tape should be treated and processed.

To all of us following along since the beginning this 911 tape just seems like 'yet another version' of 'what might have happened'.

Absolutely baffled by what is going on with this investigation and disappointed by what appears to be a lack of leadership in directing the narrative to make it easier for the public to assist in finding a 5 yo child.

What is going on here!

MOO
I am assuming LE is just as confused by this situation as we are. Maybe they don't have a clear narrative that could make it easier for the public.

I am assuming LE is just as confused by this situation as we are. Maybe they don't have a clear narrative that could make it easier for the public.
I doubt they are confused. They know the stats. Not likely it is a complete stranger. More likely someone she knew. The children that disappear like this are almost always deceased within a few hours.
I’m sorry to be so glum, but it is so.
She’s likely in the park not too far from where she was last seen.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I know.

But hearing this 2 weeks after the fact is actually worse in many ways than getting it in real time.

Perhaps LE is looking to find the people that gave the info to Mom about what they saw that day? IDK.

Does Mom even have descriptions of the people that gave her the information in order for LE to even know if they were interviewed?

Did the ice cream of the brother that was 'thrown to the ground' have any fingerprints on it that might help LE? I guess we are to believe that Dulces ice cream was never found (basing this on prior Mom statement).

Its hard to know what to think other than little to nothing makes much sense.

Wonder if LE is simply at a total end of the road and can't crack this without the community?

I know.

But hearing this 2 weeks after the fact is actually worse in many ways than getting it in real time.

Perhaps LE is looking to find the people that gave the info to Mom about what they saw that day? IDK.

Does Mom even have descriptions of the people that gave her the information in order for LE to even know if they were interviewed?

Did the ice cream of the brother that was 'thrown to the ground' have any fingerprints on it that might help LE? I guess we are to believe that Dulces ice cream was never found (basing this on prior Mom statement).

Its hard to know what to think other than little to nothing makes much sense.

Wonder if LE is simply at a total end of the road and can't crack this without the community?
Or... did they release this info in order to rattle some cages? Honestly, I have no clue, but I’m hoping beyond hope that LE has one and this is somehow a tactic. MOO

BRIDGETON, N.J. (CBS) — The Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office has released the 911 call when the mother of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez reported her daughter’s disappearance from a park in Bridgeton. Dulce has now been missing for over two weeks.

"In the call from Sept. 16, an emotional Noema Alavez Perez told the 911 dispatcher that she couldn’t find her daughter at Bridgeton City Park."

First link is 911 call only. soundcloud.com

‘I Can’t Find My Daughter’: Officials Release Mother’s 911 Call Reporting Dulce Maria Alavez Missing

'I Can't Find My Daughter': Officials Release Mother's 911 Call Reporting Dulce Maria Alavez Missing

Just going off of listening to 911 calls in cases that I've followed here IMO Dulce's mother sounded genuine and worried. In phony calls often we hear overacted, howling, hysterical callers. And the first thing they tend to share is some sort of alibi, i.e. "I was sleeping," or "I was making dinner," stuff like that.

Dulce's mother stated the emergency immediately and though she sounded worried and confused her priority was concern for her daughter. I know people react differently but after listening to many 911 calls most of the genuine ones do sound differently from fake ones and I saw no red flags in this one. Certainly there are some good actors out there but right now I don't think Noema is one MOO.

It means “sweet”
: (

My high school language was French but after living in Miami for several decades I picked up some Latino phrases, mostly Cuban. I knew how to pronounce her name because I love Dulce de Leche. I forget that not everybody has the same experience but for pity's sake if officials live in a predominantly Latino community wouldn't you think they'd be a bit more knowledgeable? Sheesh! All MOO.

Just-released 911 call from mother of missing Dulce Alavez: ‘Somebody probably took her’

Quote from article:

Another dispatcher takes over the call.

“Did you see which direction your child went?” the dispatcher asks.

“No, we were in the car,” the mother replies. “She came down with my son. They were running to the park and then me and my sister we came down, but when we got here at the park, she wasn’t here. They said that my son was just crying with his ice cream, because somebody threw his ice cream on the floor and my daughter just ran away.”

Authorities released the call Thursday to NJ Advance Media in response to a records request.

Police have conducted massive searches of the 1,100-acre park and surrounding community and a $35,000 reward has been offered.

An Amber Alert was issued the following day after a witness reported seeing a man ushering the child into a vehicle and driving away.

I’m from NJ (a few hours north of Bridgeton) and it is pretty much an all around “melting pot” from practically every nation here. Certain towns are known to have influx of immigrants from specific countries.

I read an article recently (will look for the link) it explained how the immigration of undocumented Mexicans began shifting from California to the East Coast about 20 years ago. California started implementing stricter laws on “sweat shops” and increased minimum wage and the economy in NY/NJ was booming and there was a lot of work/money to be made here.
There is a big agricultural industry here along with food processing plants which is the draw in the rural area surrounding Bridgeton. I live in Monmouth County and
and there are communities of Oaxaca here as well (not to the degree of Bridgeton).
In my area they tend to work in the service industry restaurants/hotels (laundry & landscaping) cleaning homes and home construction. There are certain areas (usually by a Home Depot or Lowe’s) where day laborers line up and construction companies drive by and pickup workers skilled in a particular trade to help on whatever job they are working on painting, carpentry etc. In an earlier post someone commented that they saw a line of men near Walmart or the park in a Bridgeton and wondered if it was suspicious. I knew right away it was the day laborers lining up for work.
The southern counties (Salem, Cumberland, parts of Gloucester) have always had immigrant farm workers mostly coming here only seasonally and working the farms - picking and sorting, harvesting and carting all the various produce grown around here. These are mostly all the labor jobs no one else seems to be interested in. When I was growing up, the groups were mainly from Puerto Rico. Gradually, as you report maybe 20 years ago or even earlier, they were replaced by Mexican laborers.

Now, they mostly stay through the year and are often employed in lawn care/maintenance, and construction as well as continued agriculture and food processing plants. Just yesterday we had a very large pine tree taken down and the crew were mainly Hispanic.

Just going off of listening to 911 calls in cases that I've followed here IMO Dulce's mother sounded genuine and worried. In phony calls often we hear overacted, howling, hysterical callers. And the first thing they tend to share is some sort of alibi, i.e. "I was sleeping," or "I was making dinner," stuff like that.

Dulce's mother stated the emergency immediately and though she sounded worried and confused her priority was concern for her daughter. I know people react differently but after listening to many 911 calls most of the genuine do sound differently from fake ones and I saw no red flags in this one. Certainly there are some good actors out there but right now I don't think Noema is one MOO.

My high school language was French but after living in Miami for several decades I picked up some Latino phrases, mostly cuban. I knew how to pronounce her name because I love Dulce de Leche. I forget that not everybody has the same experience but for pity's sake if officials live in a predominantly Latino community wouldn't you think they'd be a bit more knowledgeable? Sheesh! All MOO.

Yes I didn’t expect the pros

Dulce's mother stated the emergency immediately and though she sounded worried and confused her priority was concern for her daughter. I know people react differently but after listening to many 911 calls most of the genuine ones do sound differently from fake ones and I saw no red flags in this one. Certainly there are some good actors out there but right now I don't think Noema is one MOO.

My high school language was French but after living in Miami for several decades I picked up some Latino phrases, mostly cuban. I knew how to pronounce her name because I love Dulce de Leche. I forget that not everybody has the same experience but for pity's sake if officials live in a predominantly Latino community wouldn't you think they'd be a bit more knowledgeable? Sheesh! All MOO.

I understand everyone may not know how to pronounce Dulce (I didn’t) - but if you are holding a press conference to find a missing child I would expect that you know her name and know how to pronounce it. If she was doing a marketing presentation and didn’t know how to pronounce the name of the product she was trying sell it would not be well received. Perhaps she was nervous but her attitude at the end was more upsetting to me than mispronouncing it in the first place.
Very stark contrast IMO to the team of Monmouth County prosecutors namely Meghan Doyle when she spoke of Sarah Stern. You could see and hear the empathy in her voice - they were however working on the case for an extended period of time.

I doubt they are confused. They know the stats. Not likely it is a complete stranger. More likely someone she knew. The children that disappear like this are almost always deceased within a few hours.
I’m sorry to be so glum, but it is so.
She’s likely in the park not too far from where she was last seen.

Amateur opinion and speculation
You can't go by stats because stats are just that, stats. They tell you what's more likely, not what happened. There have been a few cases where kids kidnapped by strangers were found alive, several very recently.

Last edited:

Dulce's mother stated the emergency immediately and though she sounded worried and confused her priority was concern for her daughter. I know people react differently but after listening to many 911 calls most of the genuine do sound differently from fake ones and I saw no red flags in this one. Certainly there are some good actors out there but right now I don't think Noema is one MOO.

I understand everyone may not know how to pronounce Dulce (I didn’t) - but if you are holding a press conference to find a missing child I would expect that you know her name and know how to pronounce it. If she was doing a marketing presentation and didn’t know how to pronounce the name of the product she was trying sell it would not be well received. Perhaps she was nervous but her attitude at the end was more upsetting to me than mispronouncing it in the first place.
Very stark contrast IMO to the team of Monmouth County prosecutors namely Meghan Doyle when she spoke of Sarah Stern. You could see and hear the empathy in her voice .(granted they were working the case for a longer period of time)

The father that has family in the area?

That's the interesting twist - the father was unreachable for a week, but he knew through family in the area that his daughter was missing. The Friday after she disappeared, officials were still trying to speak to the father. I posted the link upthread - closer to the time it happened.

If a father desperately wants custody and a daughter who is suddenly missing, is he MIA for 5 days? Wasn't it recently that he decided that the 5 year old was his child, therefore he wanted custody? Looking at the mother and daughter, it seems rather obvious that the child has her mother's eyes. What about the child led the father to believe that she was his child?

Time stamp at convenience store 1601.
Then park
Then call to brother - brother in transit from? ... followed by quick search
Phone call initiates at 1648

Still working on a lot of thoughts but...

85! Degrees. Children of their ages have a hard time multitasking. Playing with ice cream would be hard. At that temperature I’d think that they would have ate rather quickly. With his on the ground, whatever happened, must have been closer to arrival..

Could either of the men mentioned on the 911 call have come forward immediately after they found out she was missing to clear their name — offer a witness statement? Maybe that’s why they weren’t mentioned or was that kept close for a reason.

Three men now. One African American, one Mexican and one possibly Hispanic with acne. Maybe le wants to hear from either of the first two and want them to have a false sense of security because they don’t match the third so they would come forward. Maybe le is watching one of the first two and knows they will spook now knowing that they’ve been identified as being there.

Running. Seemingly not feeling threatened or witnesses probably would have looked closer. Hide and seek, replacement of popsicle, other reason...

Was call released because they are loosing interest From the public outside the area and needed something to get people talking again.

If you actually read through all this articles, he didn't decided recently that Ducle was his child, he decided when she was a month old, per Dulce's mother. I have no clue what led him to think Ducle was his child, because going by looks, especially on a month old, it's not exactly a good idea.
Apparently, he also mentioned wanting custody several years ago, but didn't do anything about it.

Very stark contrast IMO to the team of Monmouth County prosecutors namely Meghan Doyle when she spoke of Sarah Stern. You could see and hear the empathy in her voice .(granted they were working the case for a longer period of time)

I would suggest that everyone, always, pay attention when learning someone else's name. Professionals and officials have a bigger responsibility to learn names of clients victims.

Doyle couldn't pronounce Dulce? Irish English versus Mexican Spanish? Sounds like culture shock!

I would suggest that everyone, always, pay attention when learning someone else's name. Professionals and officials have a bigger responsibility to learn names of clients victims.

Doyle couldn't pronounce Dulce? Irish English versus Mexican Spanish? Sounds like culture shock!
No I meant when Doyle and the team spoke of Sarah hey were very engaged you felt like they were trying to get justice for their own daughter. I don’t know if she knows how to pronounce Dulce but from seeing how she handled Sarah case I’m pretty sure she would make a point to get it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian