AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reward for information related to 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez’s disappearance increased to $52,000 on Wednesday as investigators continue to seek clues in the girl’s disappearance last month from a park in Bridgeton.

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said the unions representing State Police troopers and officers donated $10,000 toward the reward. The Philadelphia Lodge #5 Fraternal Order of Police gave $5,000 to the fund on Friday and donated an additional $2,000 this week, Gaimari said in a Facebook post.

Reward increased to $52K as search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez nears 1 month

"The search for Dulce has included more than 200 locations, including abandoned buildings and “desolate areas,”

"More than 50 different types of legal process have been served, including court orders and subpoenas, the prosecutor said.

Authorities have also been in contact with “numerous” sex offenders in Cumberland County to determine their whereabouts at the time Dulce disappeared."

Last edited:
I’ve lurked for a while off and on...all the way back to Natalee Holloway. This case is unlike any I’ve watched. With virtually no witness accounts (that we know of), no signs left behind to act as bread crumbs to find Dulce, the relative silence all around. It’s so frustrating! For those of you who participate here regularly, do you recall a case where it went this way and suddenly busted wide open? Hoping against hope it won’t just go cold. Poor little baby.
Well, missing persons investigations usually remain open indefinitely, years after the person has gone missing and sometimes even after the person or a body has been found.
I don't think it's uncommon for LE to remain silent until they have a break in the case, or there has been an arrest, or the child has been found.

But in the beginning I think it's important to keep the public updated or focused on finding the child. To say Dulce is likely no longer in the area is a mistake, because any small detail may be important.
I think the problem is that LE is unsure of the details. They don't seem to be confident that she was put in the red van, yet they feel that she has been taken out of the area? I'm not sure why they believe this.

Yet we have no idea what tips or leads they are working on, or if that has led them somewhere.

So yes, I think it's possible that they won't share anything with the public until there is an arrest or she has been found. Imo

I am on the fence about a lot of things but I’m not going to speculate...out loud at least. One thought: there have been several instances where what Noema has actually said vs what she is reported to have said are different. For instance, she said a Mexican man and a black man in the 911 call but it was repeated as “two black men” by the dispatcher. She said she never said her little boy came running back to the car (as was originally reported) but that she found him on the playground. My question is did she ever actually SAY she pulled into a parking space, her kids got out, they walked to the swings, in that order? Or did she simply say they went to the swings while she stayed in the car? I’m asking because what if she stopped along the parking lot driving area or a little road on the way to the parking lot and the kids got out there to go to the swings while she continued along to park the car? Maybe the ice cream was dripping. Maybe the kids were too excited to wait to get out of the car. This would leave even more time for someone to see Dulce, grab her even before the car was parked, leaving Noema’s back turned. The little boy may have continued to the swings and sat down crying. I’m grasping, I know. But who said Dulce ever made it to the play area?
Yes, from the beginning she said she parked, let the kids out to go play on the swings, while she and her sister remained in the car.
In the 911 call, she was just repeating what others told her. She did not see what happened.

The 3 year old likely didn't make it all the way back to the car. It sounded like when her sister said she could not see them they went to look for them, and her son was crying because he had dropped his ice cream and Dulce was gone. When she asked where she went, he pointed to the area of the buildings.
They searched for about thirty or forty minutes, and probably asked many of the people there if they had seen her. That's likely where the story of the two men came from. I don't think Dulce's mom saw them herself. Imo

I am on the fence about a lot of things but I’m not going to speculate...out loud at least. One thought: there have been several instances where what Noema has actually said vs what she is reported to have said are different. For instance, she said a Mexican man and a black man in the 911 call but it was repeated as “two black men” by the dispatcher. She said she never said her little boy came running back to the car (as was originally reported) but that she found him on the playground. My question is did she ever actually SAY she pulled into a parking space, her kids got out, they walked to the swings, in that order? Or did she simply say they went to the swings while she stayed in the car? I’m asking because what if she stopped along the parking lot driving area or a little road on the way to the parking lot and the kids got out there to go to the swings while she continued along to park the car? Maybe the ice cream was dripping. Maybe the kids were too excited to wait to get out of the car. This would leave even more time for someone to see Dulce, grab her even before the car was parked, leaving Noema’s back turned. The little boy may have continued to the swings and sat down crying. I’m grasping, I know. But who said Dulce ever made it to the play area?

From what I understand, Noema and her family are from Oaxaca and they have a different dialect over there. Spanish is her 1st language even though she was born in the US. Her parents and the rest of her family also speak mostly Spanish and her friends seem to be mostly hispanic. As someone who is married to someone who speaks English as a second language, you get to know how they speak and what they mean, like the floor example in previous posts. My husband used to tell me, before I learned spanish, that he wished he could explain things to me in spanish because he would be able to express himself more clearly. Add to the fact that Noema is only 19 and she has not been in school for some time, I think she really just does not know how to express herself. I also think that the media has been a little crazy with this case, they have reported several inconsistencies that even involved law enforcement. JMO.

Oh, and there were several witnesses who actually saw Dulce and her little brother at the park that day. Sorry, I was trying to answer one and forgot about the others.

From what I understand, Noema and her family are from Oaxaca and they have a different dialect over there. Spanish is her 1st language even though she was born in the US. Her parents and the rest of her family also speak mostly Spanish and her friends seem to be mostly hispanic. As someone who is married to someone who speaks English as a second language, you get to know how they speak and what they mean, like the floor example in previous posts. My husband used to tell me, before I learned spanish, that he wished he could explain things to me in spanish because he would be able to express himself more clearly. Add to the fact that Noema is only 19 and she has not been in school for some time, I think she really just does not know how to express herself. I also think that the media has been a little crazy with this case, they have reported several inconsistencies that even involved law enforcement. JMO.

Oh, and there were several witnesses who actually saw Dulce and her little brother at the park that day. Sorry, I was trying to answer one and forgot about the others.
Yes, it is actually the media that has reported inconsistencies and in one case, a false story. Noema's description of events has always been the same. She did add later that she had scratched a lottery ticket, but that's not really significant. It takes a few seconds to do that. She has always said that she did not have the kids in her sight during the time she and her sister were in the car.
And yes, her grammar and use of the English language are not nearly as good as her Spanish, so there are a few things that may not make sense, but for the most part she has never changed her story.
We know that she let the kids out of the car to play, and in less than ten minutes Dulce disappeared.
I'm thinking whoever took Dulce saw them arrive, and knew that her mom was still in the car. He saw an oppurtunity and made his move. Imo

Well, missing persons investigations usually remain open indefinitely, years after the person has gone missing and sometimes even after the person or a body has been found.
I don't think it's uncommon for LE to remain silent until they have a break in the case, or there has been an arrest, or the child has been found.

But in the beginning I think it's important to keep the public updated or focused on finding the child. To say Dulce is likely no longer in the area is a mistake, because any small detail may be important.
I think the problem is that LE is unsure of the details. They don't seem to be confident that she was put in the red van, yet they feel that she has been taken out of the area? I'm not sure why they believe this.

Yet we have no idea what tips or leads they are working on, or if that has led them somewhere.

So yes, I think it's possible that they won't share anything with the public until there is an arrest or she has been found. Imo
Isabel Celis comes to mind for some reason. After all the suspicion thrown on the family it turned out that a convicted sex offender was responsible. And though he never blipped on the family's radar he had actually been to their house before to discuss buying a used car.

That's the feeling I get with Dulce's case; that someone the family has interacted with previously may be involved. IMO a passing encounter perhaps, not memorable enough for serious consideration.

My speculation comes in part from the circumstances of Dulce's disappearance and in part from my belief that if her mother was involved then LE and the FBI would have broken her by now. There are other cases where even hardened people have confessed when interviewed by LE and I sure don't see Dulce's mother as a conniving mastermind capable of orchestrating her daughter's disappearance. Besides, her parents are raising her kids so they're not exactly in the way. I see no motive.

Next on my list is a total stranger, a predator who was "hunting" in the park. After that might be the two fathers but we don't have enough information at the moment from LE or msm to discuss that possibility.

If the perp is a stranger, whether total or one who had interacted with the family in the past, then I agree that it could be a very long time before Dulce's case breaks. :(

All my own opinion and speculation.

In the meantime, Noema must be close to 6 months along now. The emotions involved with getting close to bringing a new life into the world while being devastated over not knowing what has happened to Dulce....I don’t even want to try to imagine it.

Isabel Celis comes to mind for some reason. After all the suspicion thrown on the family it turned out that a convicted sex offender was responsible. And though he never blipped on the family's radar he had actually been to their house before to discuss buying a used car.

That's the feeling I get with Dulce's case; that someone the family has interacted with previously may be involved. IMO a passing encounter perhaps, not memorable enough for serious consideration.

My speculation comes in part from the circumstances of Dulce's disappearance and in part from my belief that if her mother was involved then LE and the FBI would have broken her by now. There are other cases where even hardened people have confessed when interviewed by LE and I sure don't see Dulce's mother as a conniving mastermind capable of orchestrating her daughter's disappearance. Besides, her parents are raising her kids so they're not exactly in the way. I see no motive.

Next on my list is a total stranger, a predator who was "hunting" in the park. After that might be the two fathers but we don't have enough information at the moment from LE or msm to discuss that possibility.

If the perp is a stranger, whether total or one who had interacted with the family in the past, then I agree that it could be a very long time before Dulce's case breaks. :(

All my own opinion and speculation.
Yes, I have that same feeling. The perp may have interacted in some way with the family or knows the family, or at least had interacted with Dulce before.
Or he may be a complete stranger.
But if he is someone close or a family member, that is the best case scenario, and she may still be alive. Imo

In the meantime, Noema must be close to 6 months along now. The emotions involved with getting close to bringing a new life into the world while being devastated over not knowing what has happened to Dulce....I don’t even want to try to imagine it.
Yes, I can't even imagine what she and the family are going through.
But if Dulce is not found alive I can only hope that a new baby might be healing to the family.

This case reminds me so much of Diana Alvarez, the little girl that was taken from her home. She also had a little brother and her mom was pregnant with the third child. My heart aches for them and their families.

Some “inconsistencies” that people point out with regard to Dulce’s situation do not send up red flags to me. I imagine if I was the mother of a missing child, I would have difficulty communicating— especially if another language is involved. (Heck, I only speak one language and I have trouble!)
My own opinion. Speaking from memory — I may have some of the details wrong.

The reward for information related to 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez’s disappearance increased to $52,000 on Wednesday as investigators continue to seek clues in the girl’s disappearance last month from a park in Bridgeton.

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said the unions representing State Police troopers and officers donated $10,000 toward the reward. The Philadelphia Lodge #5 Fraternal Order of Police gave $5,000 to the fund on Friday and donated an additional $2,000 this week, Gaimari said in a Facebook post.

Reward increased to $52K as search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez nears 1 month

"The search for Dulce has included more than 200 locations, including abandoned buildings and “desolate areas,”

"More than 50 different types of legal process have been served, including court orders and subpoenas, the prosecutor said.

Authorities have also been in contact with “numerous” sex offenders in Cumberland County to determine their whereabouts at the time Dulce disappeared."
Court orders and subpoenas?! Yet no one heard anything about any of them? Curiouser and curiouser.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

We have no idea what the circumstances surrounding Dulce's birth are, or what age the father was, but it probably has nothing to do with her disappearance.

And yes, it's probably unlikely that her natural father knows anything about what happened to her. It's probably very frustrating to be in another country and be totally helpless in trying to help find his daughter.

Even more traumatic to her family, her grandparents who are raising her, and her mom and the extended family in NJ who are trying to keep the story in the media in order to find her.

I hope they get some answers soon.

Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I’m not an overly seasoned member and so worried about trying to make such a connection and I know Bridgeton is miles away but the abductor of Destiny Rose (Miami) and the red vehicle and her clothing and the puppy (as a potential lure) has me invested - please don’t lay into me - we are all trying to help .. there are certain consistencies and also inconsistencies ie Hispanic male with facial hair v without facial hair, but if they are on the move - I just need to air it even if someone says I’m crazy I don’t mind but when something bugs you you should be able to say ❤️

I feel very badly for the Grandparents. I feel like Noema, as the one who took them to the park that day and as the biological mother, has received a lot of sympathy but the Grandparents weren't just simply loving, very involved grandparents; they seemed to have raised Dulce, as she lives in their home and they either share or have custody of Dulce and since the dad has never been involved and mom reportedly does not work, I assume they have provided for Dulce financially as well. Their hearts are breaking just as much or more I'm sure. Just all around sad. The not knowing has to be torture for everyone. :(

Guys I’m not an overly seasoned member and so worried about trying to make such a connection and I know Bridgeton is miles away but the abductor of Destiny Rose (Miami) and the red vehicle and her clothing and the puppy (as a potential lure) has me invested - please don’t lay into me - we are all trying to help .. there are certain consistencies and also inconsistencies ie Hispanic male with facial hair v without facial hair, but if they are on the move - I just need to air it even if someone says I’m crazy I don’t mind but when something bugs you you should be able to say ❤️

That's fine to speculate smcat but there is no MSM or info from LE to support it, so we'll just keep the discussion of the two separate cases in the two separate threads for now.

And certainly nobody thinks you are crazy for the thought and trying to be helpful in these cases.

giphy.gif

That's fine to speculate smcat but there is no MSM or info from LE to support it, so we'll just keep the discussion of the two separate cases in the two separate threads for now.

And certainly nobody thinks you are crazy for the thought and trying to be helpful in these cases.

giphy.gif
I hear you and thank you and apologise if it’s too much a stretch etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members