AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I have not seen discussed and may not have any relation to Dulce going missing, but I feel is worth mentioning is that there was a major fire on Monday just earlier around 1 pm in this same area. I cannot find info if the major roads were closed, but fire fighters were on the scene until around 4. I just feel like this could have been a major focus of police and others during the time Dulce went missing and that roads may have been closed. This would limit the roads available to a possible abductor.

Fire At Deerfield Plant In Cumberland County: Police

That’s interesting. So with such a large operation a good many employees suddenly had some free time to be out and about.

The company said in a statement that all of the employees were able to evacuate safely after the fire broke out at the west end of the processing facility.

“In the coming days, our management team will be assessing the damages and working to place our employees in alternate positions at one of our other plants,” F&S Produce said in a statement.
Fire Crews Battle Massive Blaze At Frozen Produce Plant In Deerfield Township

imo

Back to the ice cream shop. I don't know if everyone has seen the longer vid from there? I just saw a more brief cut previously, but this does show the guy in the cap towards the end taking a lot of interest in the children. Maybe just a kindly, fatherly chap of course. The last scene he is just standing there fixed on the children, not shopping or anything.

Vid on this link.

Action News on 6abc (@6abc) tweeted at 1:59 pm on Thu, Sep 19, 2019:
AMBER ALERT: Action News has obtained video showing the last known images of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, who vanished from a Bridgeton, New Jersey park. The video shows Dulce with her mom and little brother buying ice cream at a nearby store. Amber Alert: Bridgeton, New Jersey girl still missing as search enters fourth day Action News on 6abc on Twitter
(Action News on 6abc on Twitter)

So terrified for this poor little girl and her family. Everything about this points to random stranger abduction, and statistically, the odds of her still being alive are slim, IMO.

I read through the thread but it would be good to know if there have been any reported attempted lurings in the area, with a vehicle description similar. I would not be surprised at all.

Prayers that this little girl is found, unharmed.
I have been to the zoo and the splash pad tons with my children. I have never experienced anything odd. The entire complex is a busy community area. Lots of families with young children in the warmer months. I have not heard of any other lurings previously prior to this week. As this week has unfolded, in conversation I was told that people felt followed at the zoo when they went with their family. I don't know, I have always seen park workers and police and never felt unsafe. That being said, I would not let my kids more than just ahead, not out of site.

As for the playground, it is connected to the road for the high school and I would imagine tons of kids being there after school on the basket ball courts. It just seems like such a brazen thing for someone to think they would be able to do and get away with.

Back to the ice cream shop. I don't know if everyone has seen the longer vid from there? I just saw a more brief cut previously, but this does show the guy in the cap towards the end taking a lot of interest in the children. Maybe just a kindly, fatherly chap of course. Vid on this link.

Action News on 6abc (@6abc) tweeted at 1:59 pm on Thu, Sep 19, 2019:
AMBER ALERT: Action News has obtained video showing the last known images of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, who vanished from a Bridgeton, New Jersey park. The video shows Dulce with her mom and little brother buying ice cream at a nearby store. Amber Alert: Bridgeton, New Jersey girl still missing as search enters fourth day Action News on 6abc on Twitter
(Action News on 6abc on Twitter)
This has been mentioned a lot on here as suspicious. My opinion is that this store sells lotto tickets or the guy was waiting for the family to move out of the way for the cashier to get him something from behind the counter. He seems to being looking for them to complete their transaction, while trying to give space. He moved to the bottom right of the screen and I think he is queuing up to be helped next. There is a caution type yellow sign on the floor, so it may have been a slippery space and you see Dulce carry her brother. I'd back away if in the situation in fear she'd drop him and I wouldn't want to be in the way. I don't know.
I feel like police probably noticed and have already identified and spoken to him and others at the store. I don't know though.

Long time lurker, first time posting. I am in North Jersey so this case hits close to home. I have so many different theories about what happened, but was taken aback/confused by the press conference yesterday. What the prosecutor said when referencing the alleged abductor. ... I find this statement odd. “He may not even know he has information that could help find Dulce”. I thought this was the reported person who abducted her. Are they now saying that he may just have information but may not be responsible for Dulce’s disappearance? It sounds like they are not certain that this guy actually abducted her, or the story has changed and there is no proof that he actually put her into the van.

“Webb-McRae said they believe the man being sought may have information that will ‘greatly assist us.’ She said the man -- described as a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic man wearing a black shirt and red pants with orange sneakers -- may not even realize he has information that could help authorities find Dulce, but she did not elaborate.”

'You can't imagine what we are going through': Family of missing girl
This has really thrown me for a loop. I cannot make any sense of how they would expect the person described as the abductor in the Amber Alert to to help authorities. What is the confusion here?

Just something that keeps running through my head. Could Dulce have knocked the ice cream out of her brother's hand? Could she have run off out of fear of getting into trouble? That park is very large with a lot of water.

TaRhonda Thomas (@TaRhondaThomas) tweeted at 3:59 pm on Fri, Sep 20, 2019:
Helicopter carrying Bridgeton Police Chief has returned. Flew over areas including woods behind playground where 5yo Dulce Maria Alavez went #missing on Monday. Mother says child disappeared from playground. Investigators not ruling out anything. @6abc #AmberAlert TaRhonda Thomas on Twitter
(TaRhonda Thomas on Twitter)

This has been mentioned a lot on here as suspicious. My opinion is that this store sells lotto tickets or the guy was waiting for the family to move out of the way for the cashier to get him something from behind the counter. He seems to being looking for them to complete their transaction, while trying to give space. He moved to the bottom right of the screen and I think he is queuing up to be helped next. There is a caution type yellow sign on the floor, so it may have been a slippery space and you see Dulce carry her brother. I'd back away if in the situation in fear she'd drop him and I wouldn't want to be in the way. I don't know.
I feel like police probably noticed and have already identified and spoken to him and others at the store. I don't know though.
I’ve looked back and can’t quickly find it now but...remember the tweet some expedited reporter posted with an Officer running toward what looked like, to me, an undercover coming out of the store getting into his car and she jumped in with him. I have no idea how the reporter caught his words but they were. To the same extent, the WS poster who posted it was remarkably alert to post it within minutes. Thank you.

Paraphrasing Officer :
We’ll make a plan. I think I...

and then reporter cut off tweet.

Can anyone identify that store he just came out of?

I also believe there is too much focus on the ice cream.
They say they obtained ice cream about 20 minutes before she went missing.
My experience with 3 year olds is that they will drop or spill it on their own if not supervised, especially if it's not in a cup.
A cone or ice cream on a stick would be very structurally unsound 20 minutes after purchase in the hands of a 3 year old.
The ice cream is inconsequential to this.

Remember the police will initially give ALL the details as they were presented, in the hopes of jogging the public's memory.

This is also why I think the police have changed their tone sublty on speaking with Black/Red/Orange guy.
They initially stated BRO was the suspect, hoping such a vivid description would generate a solid lead.
But now that hasn't happened, possibly due to community/family not wanting to 'snitch' on someone, now they are saying "we just want to talk to him, see what he knows."

url
Welcome to WS ProtectChildren, thanks for the food for thought!
Sep 29 2017,
gang members have been warned not to wear the nike cortez
1506722808209-GettyImages-1945204.jpeg

Photography Douglas C. Pizac-Pool/Getty Images

"First released in 1972, the Cortez is one of Nike's most popular sneakers. The style was recently re-launched and has a vintage vibe with a thin sole and muted colorways. The Cortez harks back to the shoes worn by basketball players when peach baskets were used as hoops and the balls were made of leather. But the shoe has taken on a new meaning and functionality outside of sports. The notorious U.S. and Central American gang MS-13 has adopted the Nike Cortez as part of its uniform, functioning as a sign of allegiance. The shoe has become so closely linked to the transnational gang, in fact, that police in gang areas commonly assume that anyone wearing the shoe is involved with MS-13. This summer, two men were beaten to death by gang members because one of them was wearing Cortezs."

Thank you for adding this, it's the info I saw.
The orange sneakers in the pic are prison issued shoes, just to be clear.
The Nike Cortez's I have linked below and have not seen all orange ones, but this trend seems to be over after all the attention.

Red and Black are notorious gang colors. Perhaps the mention of a red van, red and black clothing and orange Nikes, is not a true description of a true person, but a message that was put out. I know this is tin foil hat speculation territory...
And I have noticed red pants are in fashion thing these days as well...

nike%2Bcortez.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members