AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I have misread but a couple of things trouble me, so if I’m incorrect please let me know.

No verification the ice cream incident happened? There should have been evidence of this? This is a very important part of the story. Then they don’t have anyone who verified the red van? I was under the impression someone else had seen this happen? Now I’m concerned who is putting this stuff out?
Last (I feel horrible saying it) could someone have made her disappear to try and get dad back to the US? Could he have been a detainee that was returned to Mexico? Not meaning the mom did anything but it could be other groups here? Just thinking a different angle. This could be tied to the the threats also?
Oh wow, I had missed that!
You are correct as per the Inquirer article

"The father works in a nursery, the mother in a food factory."

For clarification the fire was on Tuesday afternoon, I wrongly wrote it was on Monday.
There could be a connection though.

Yes, I was actually down at the Bridgeton City Park, on Tuesday, when the fire was first reported. I would really like to know if the family has any affiliation with the plant. My understanding is that there are a couple different locations of F&S Produce and the particular one with the fire, had been closed down.

<snip> CrimeOnline is working to clarify some apparently conflicting information about the man police are seeking. A NJ.com report indicates that authorities are seeking a second male in addition to the possible suspect mentioned in earlier reports this week. A report in the Philadelphia Inquirer indicates that the prosecutor said at the news conference that the Hispanic male is the same man previously described as the possible suspect, and characterized him as someone who could “greatly assist” the investigation.

Police seek unidentified male as search expands for 5-year-old suspected kidnapping victim

Whilst I understand the need to enforce immigration laws and breaches of such by undocumented immigrants, I find it pretty heartless that the authorities have chosen to take him away and put him in detention now when , as the boyfriend of Dulces mum , and the father to her unborn child, right now she needs all the support that she can possibly get, not to have even more stress and worry placed upon her shoulders as she deals with the ( alleged ) kidnap of her beautiful daughter. Come on guys, he’s her much needed support right now I would have thought and she needs him by her side as she awaits anxiously for any news of her daughters location and subsequent recovery as well as dealing with her unborn child’s health and that of Dulces siblings.
JMOO and observations

(Admins, I’m NOT saying the bf is a suspect).... I’m wondering if perhaps detaining the bf with ICE is a manner in which they can legally hold him for more questioning. Again, not saying he is a POI, but perhaps if they didn’t detain him it could end up near impossible, or at least very time consuming, to continue to use him for potentially useful information as the case progresses. I’m certainly not an expert on legal practices as it pertains to illegal immigration, but it’s a thought that occurred to me as I read your post.

MOO.

Good morning OBE
Dogs reported to be blood hounds. Best in the business as I've heard.

Thank you.

They absolutely are. I read a story one time long ago how bloodhound ground scenting dogs trailed a dangerous hunted suspect for 200 miles, and they finally caught him. Iirc, it was a nationwide manhunt because he had murdered several victims. Finally caught him too!

No matter what these kind of dogs or the breeds chosen, are specifically trained to do, which are many specialized fields, they often become the right arm for law enforcement, and for those who volunteer to do searches in their community or elsewhere.

Jmho

I live about 30 minutes from Bridgeton and am familiar with the Mexican culture. There are Amber Alert signs all over Route 38 and 295. They simply state "Red Van."

I truly believe this is a stranger abduction.

The mom is 19 on her 3rd child. She strikes me as a victim of abuse herself. She did get pregnant at 13 and within the culture I wouldn't be surprised if Dulce's father is much older than her mother. She's so meek and quiet. Lots of people say she has no emotion so she must have done it. I believe due to years of trauma and abuse and a messed up life (19 and 3 kids) she is numb to life. She can't even feel. That's my take on her from my life experience. I don't think it means she was involved in any way.

I don't think she's an awful mother for letting her kids play alone for a bit which is common in the Mexican culture. They aren't helicopter parents. They often let their young kids play outside alone.

We all know predators know how to seek out their victims. I believe whoever took Dulce had been watching them and hit the moment of opportunity. He picked the "perfect" victim. A young Mexican girl with a very young mother. Language barriers come into play within the community. He hit a community where immigration status comes into play that makes people not want to speak with police. Mom is young and doesn't pay much attention to detail. I don't mean this to sound rude but I don't think she's intelligent enough to pull off this kind of thing for this many days. She called a family member to bring the family dog to help look for the girl instead of calling the police so she's not the brightest tool in the shed.

The news is saying for anyone to come forward no matter their immigration status. Well that's not going to happen since her boyfriend is now in ICE custody due to his status after he spoke to the police. No one will come forward now.

The FBI is now involved. I hope they find her safe and sound but I know with the longer she is gone the chances of her being found alive are slim to none.

I agree @JerzeyGirl. In my community there is a nice park where Hispanic families go for picnics, basketball and fun family parties. And they are not helicopter parents. I am not judging as it is so nice to see the families having fun together and the children running around having the time of their lives. I walk my dog and the children love coming over and playing with him, teaching me Spanish. I see a lot of the same children and they are very comfortable talking to people. Of course I worry because I am on WS. I have not heard of any children being abducted there but I can see how it could happen, there are wooded sections, park buildings, lots of places to hide. A bad person could lure one of these children away. I really think if police went to the park and asked any of the adults if they saw a women walking a dog between 4:30 and 6pm, most of the adults would have a hard time remembering me or describing me. The kids would have a better chance. And to children I am just a short old gal with a dog named Buddy.

I wonder if LE has determined that the young man and the child that was reported were in fact, just another father and daughter that was seen in the area going home from the park. If that was a fact and he and she were proven to be coincidental would LE be obliged to make that known?
Is that why LE is back to square one and searching the park again?

This is very possible. IMO.

Yes, I was actually down at the Bridgeton City Park, on Tuesday, when the fire was first reported. I would really like to know if the family has any affiliation with the plant. My understanding is that there are a couple different locations of F&S Produce and the particular one with the fire, had been closed down.
In The Daily Journal it sounds like there were workers there evacuated, but it is mentioned that location has two processing plants, and no mention if one was vacant.

I apologize, for that misinformation! You are right. I did not hear of Dulce missing until Tuesday and I thought it was strange that there were two major news stories so close in the area, because Cumberland County usually does not get much Philly news time.
Thanks for sharing the correct information. I still wonder if this fire would have drained some of the resources on Tuesday and if she was still in the area, would it impact the route taken if transported out of the area.
No need to apologize. I only have it correct because I live here.

(Admins, I’m NOT saying the bf is a suspect).... I’m wondering if perhaps detaining the bf with ICE is a manner in which they can legally hold him for more questioning. Again, not saying he is a POI, but perhaps if they didn’t detain him it could end up near impossible, or at least very time consuming, to continue to use him for potentially useful information as the case progresses. I’m certainly not an expert on legal practices as it pertains to illegal immigration, but it’s a thought that occurred to me as I read your post.

MOO.

I have thought about that myself.

LE often uses other illegal acts in order to detain someone.

Many who do have nothing to do with being illegally here in our country either.

More, and more, we are seeing on WS recently where LE everywhere are now detaining American citizens on some other offense they have done, so I dont think your question is out of the realm of possibilities.

Has MSM reported he has been deported or only that he is being detained or held in their custody? TIA!

jmho

Seeking a second male?

EK (@EllenKilloran) tweeted at 5:19 pm on Fri, Sep 20, 2019:
UPDATE: We are working to clarify what appears to be conflicting information about the man or men authorities are seeking in the case of missing #DulceMariaAlavez. More details here: Police seek unidentified male as search expands for 5-year-old suspected kidnapping victim
(EK on Twitter)
Conflicting stories at the moment:

CrimeOnline is working to clarify some apparently conflicting information about the man police are seeking. A NJ.com report indicates that authorities are seeking a second male in addition to the possible suspect mentioned in earlier reports this week. A report in the Philadelphia Inquirer indicates that the prosecutor said at the news conference that the Hispanic male is the same man previously described as the possible suspect, and characterized him as someone who could “greatly assist” the investigation.

Police seek unidentified male as search expands for 5-year-old suspected kidnapping victim

CrimeOnline is working to clarify some apparently conflicting information about the man police are seeking. A NJ.com report indicates that authorities are seeking a second male in addition to the possible suspect mentioned in earlier reports this week. A report in the Philadelphia Inquirer indicates that the prosecutor said at the news conference that the Hispanic male is the same man previously described as the possible suspect, and characterized him as someone who could “greatly assist” the investigation.

Thank you. I will read the provided link.

So the described man is still the one who they believe kidnapped Dulce.

They must have other witnesses that recalls another man who may have been close by at the time it happened so they need to speak with him?

Sometimes people may not even realize they are seeing an actual kidnapping happening at the time.

He may have mistakenly thought at the time she was just with her father in his van. :( He may not even realize he could have vital information.

Jmho

This story is so sad. I do get the sense that it is a stranger abduction. I fear that ICE holding the boyfriend, right wrong or otherwise, will hinder this investigation. That was a terrible decision because even if they let him go now, the fear of being detained will keep people from coming forward if they are undocumented.

“An earlier version of this story stated that authorities were seeking two men: A suspect and a witness, separately. That was based on an inaccurate report published by a local news outlet; a report that appears to have misinterpreted statements made at a press conference Thursday. Webb-McRae confirmed to CrimeOnline that she relayed the corrected information to that outlet and expects the local report to be updated/corrected.“

UPDATED: Friday, 12:46 pm.

This story is so sad. I do get the sense that it is a stranger abduction. I fear that ICE holding the boyfriend, right wrong or otherwise, will hinder this investigation. That was a terrible decision because even if they let him go now, the fear of being detained will keep people from coming forward if they are undocumented.
IMO taking the boyfriend into custody absolutely hurt this little girls chances! They never should have done that hoping to work with this community!

I should have read the link first. Sorry.

They definitely are talking with FBI profilers, imo.

This is a commonly used tactic for LE, and prosecutors.

Imo, what they are actually saying to him is IF he is NOT the suspect then he will come forward to set the record straight immediately.

They are trying to rachet up the pressure on this kidnapper for anyone else NOT involved couldn't get there fast enough to say they have the wrong one.

Imo, they are purposefully sending him a subliminal message.

They know he IS the one, and they are telling him if he doesn't contact them or turn himself in soon, they are going to hunt him down, and they WILL find him.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member