AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if this whole description of the suspect was given by the actual suspect, thus making it all up to distract people from him/her? That description is way too detailed to not come from CCTV or several people. If it came from only one person, then I don't know if I believe that sighting.
I'm thinking the same thing. The Red Van is a Red Herring. The discription of the 'abductor' sounds a lot like Susan Smith's description of the 'Car Jacker'/ 'abductor'. The van discription is rather odd too.
I doubt they would be back at the park, with divers,and helicopters to search again if they didn't believe they had sufficient reason to utilize such resources,and time. Makes me wonder if the Witness is the Boyfriend that got detained by ICE.
MOO

Last edited:
I live about 30 minutes from Bridgeton and am familiar with the Mexican culture. There are Amber Alert signs all over Route 38 and 295. They simply state "Red Van."

I truly believe this is a stranger abduction.

The mom is 19 on her 3rd child. She strikes me as a victim of abuse herself. She did get pregnant at 13 and within the culture I wouldn't be surprised if Dulce's father is much older than her mother. She's so meek and quiet. Lots of people say she has no emotion so she must have done it. I believe due to years of trauma and abuse and a messed up life (19 and 3 kids) she is numb to life. She can't even feel. That's my take on her from my life experience. I don't think it means she was involved in any way.

I don't think she's an awful mother for letting her kids play alone for a bit which is common in the Mexican culture. They aren't helicopter parents. They often let their young kids play outside alone.

We all know predators know how to seek out their victims. I believe whoever took Dulce had been watching them and hit the moment of opportunity. He picked the "perfect" victim. A young Mexican girl with a very young mother. Language barriers come into play within the community. He hit a community where immigration status comes into play that makes people not want to speak with police. Mom is young and doesn't pay much attention to detail. I don't mean this to sound rude but I don't think she's intelligent enough to pull off this kind of thing for this many days. She called a family member to bring the family dog to help look for the girl instead of calling the police so she's not the brightest tool in the shed.

The news is saying for anyone to come forward no matter their immigration status. Well that's not going to happen since her boyfriend is now in ICE custody due to his status after he spoke to the police. No one will come forward now.

The FBI is now involved. I hope they find her safe and sound but I know with the longer she is gone the chances of her being found alive are slim to none.

South Jersey woman organizing vigil for missing Dulce Maria Alavez

On Wednesday she posted on Facebook plans to hold a candlelight vigil at Bridgeton City Park, the site where Alavez went missing from the recreation area around 5 p.m. while with her mother and younger brother.

Rodriguez, who said she's been in contact with the family's aunt regarding the event, expects 50 or so people to attend at this point.

She hopes that number will grow.

"I would want all the help and support I can get from everyone out there," Rodriguez said.

South Jersey woman organizing vigil for missing Dulce Maria Alavez

Last edited:
I’ve looked back and can’t quickly find it now but...remember the tweet some expedited reporter posted with an Officer running toward what looked like, to me, an undercover coming out of the store getting into his car and she jumped in with him. I have no idea how the reporter caught his words but they were. To the same extent, the WS poster who posted it was remarkably alert to post it within minutes. Thank you.

Paraphrasing Officer :
We’ll make a plan. I think I...

and then reporter cut off tweet.

Can anyone identify that store he just came out of?

Aaron Baskerville on Twitter
I think it's the 7-Eleven on Broad.

209 W Broad St, Bridgeton, NJ 08302

They’ve done studies where children have gone off with total strangers, even after being educated about stranger danger, even after the parents swear their children wouldn’t go. Scary.

I have a very shy, “backwards” daughter, and she came to mind when Dulce’s mom described her as shy and wouldn’t talk to anyone. A child THAT shy will do anything not to turn attention to herself, and being 5 she probably doesn’t think of the outcome of not drawing attention in a situation like this.

I asked my shy daughter, she is now 13, what her opinion was...thinking back to her own childhood at 5 and her struggles with being shy and she said the same thing...that she may have gone with a stranger too, because she wouldn’t have hollered, screamed or made any kind of “embarrassing” actions. That scared me to think that I’d never thought about that before now.

As a child, over half century ago, I would have gone with a stranger. I wouldn't have struggled, screamed or called attention in any way. In that time, children were taught that adults were always right and to be obeyed. As a quiet and obedient child, I know I would have gone to the van. Frightening to me now...and I've learned the hard way...but little ones need to be taught to protect themselves. Manners are very important, but not to the extent that they put themselves in harms way.

I wondered too about that, him playing on the basketball court with others. I'd think the others would know his name in that case. I agree with you that he was probably hanging around at least, long enough to get such vivid details about his appearance. Also, he happened to have a vehicle (van, SUV) parked conveniently near enough to abduct her. Random occurrence, but I think preplanned to try and take someone. JMO

He might have mentioned he was there with his girlfriend's kid (he might have spotted the 2 youngsters and didn't see anyone around them) when he was leaving so no one really paid too much attention when he left. In my opinion.

I live about 30 minutes from Bridgeton and am familiar with the Mexican culture. There are Amber Alert signs all over Route 38 and 295. They simply state "Red Van."

I truly believe this is a stranger abduction.

The mom is 19 on her 3rd child. She strikes me as a victim of abuse herself. She did get pregnant at 13 and within the culture I wouldn't be surprised if Dulce's father is much older than her mother. She's so meek and quiet. Lots of people say she has no emotion so she must have done it. I believe due to years of trauma and abuse and a messed up life (19 and 3 kids) she is numb to life. She can't even feel. That's my take on her from my life experience. I don't think it means she was involved in any way.

I don't think she's an awful mother for letting her kids play alone for a bit which is common in the Mexican culture. They aren't helicopter parents. They often let their young kids play outside alone.

We all know predators know how to seek out their victims. I believe whoever took Dulce had been watching them and hit the moment of opportunity. He picked the "perfect" victim. A young Mexican girl with a very young mother. Language barriers come into play within the community. He hit a community where immigration status comes into play that makes people not want to speak with police. Mom is young and doesn't pay much attention to detail. I don't mean this to sound rude but I don't think she's intelligent enough to pull off this kind of thing for this many days. She called a family member to bring the family dog to help look for the girl instead of calling the police so she's not the brightest tool in the shed.

The news is saying for anyone to come forward no matter their immigration status. Well that's not going to happen since her boyfriend is now in ICE custody due to his status after he spoke to the police. No one will come forward now.

The FBI is now involved. I hope they find her safe and sound but I know with the longer she is gone the chances of her being found alive are slim to none.
Post of the Year!

Something I have not seen discussed and may not have any relation to Dulce going missing, but I feel is worth mentioning is that there was a major fire on Monday just earlier around 1 pm in this same area. I cannot find info if the major roads were closed, but fire fighters were on the scene until around 4. I just feel like this could have been a major focus of police and others during the time Dulce went missing and that roads may have been closed. This would limit the roads available to a possible abductor.

Fire At Deerfield Plant In Cumberland County: Police
The fire actually was Tuesday. Dulce was abducted Monday late afternoon.

"Firefighters were called to a multi-alarm fire at an industrial plant in Deerfield Township, NJ Tuesday afternoon at about 1pm."

I was subbing that day at a high school not too far from there and the students who are also volunteer firefighters left school to join their station.

The fire actually was Tuesday. Dulce was abducted Monday late afternoon.

"Firefighters were called to a multi-alarm fire at an industrial plant in Deerfield Township, NJ Tuesday afternoon at about 1pm."

I was subbing that day at a high school not too far from there and the students who are also volunteer firefighters left school to join their station.

I apologize, for that misinformation! You are right. I did not hear of Dulce missing until Tuesday and I thought it was strange that there were two major news stories so close in the area, because Cumberland County usually does not get much Philly news time.
Thanks for sharing the correct information. I still wonder if this fire would have drained some of the resources on Tuesday and if she was still in the area, would it impact the route taken if transported out of the area.

As a child, over half century ago, I would have gone with a stranger. I wouldn't have struggled, screamed or called attention in any way. In that time, children were taught that adults were always right and to be obeyed. As a quiet and obedient child, I know I would have gone to the van. Frightening to me now...and I've learned the hard way...but little ones need to be taught to protect themselves. Manners are very important, but not to the extent that they put themselves in harms way.
I really think those teachings depended on your community and culture, and probably still do. I’m 66 and was always taught never to talk to strangers or let them touch me. I do know other parents in our neighborhood were not as cautious as my folks.

Someone tried to lure my sister and her friends into a basement. The friends started to follow him but my sister ran into our house and sounded the alarm. My mom went flying out of the house and literally tried to run the guy down with her car.

The description of Dulce as shy and quiet makes me think she likely would not have made a scene if a stranger wanted to lead her away. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.

I wonder if LE has determined that the young man and the child that was reported were in fact, just another father and daughter that was seen in the area going home from the park. If that was a fact and he and she were proven to be coincidental would LE be obliged to make that known?
Is that why LE is back to square one and searching the park again?

I received my Amber Alert on my phone Tuesday night. Friends and coworkers who live in Philadelphia received theirs on their phones Wednesday morning.
Yes, the Amber Alert was sent about 30 hours after she was first missing, around 11 pm Tuesday night. I saw the first news reports on Philly tv news channels on earlier that Tuesday around 4pm.

Authorities grilled the boyfriend of a New Jersey mom whose 5-year-old daughter was apparently abducted in connection with her disappearance — after learning he’s an undocumented Mexican citizen, according to a report.

Noema Alavez, 19, said her boyfriend, whom she did not identify, was questioned this week about the suspected kidnapping of Dulce Maria Alavez from Bridgeton’s City Park on Monday.

Alavez, who is five months pregnant, said she believed the boyfriend was now being held in federal custody and may be deported, but federal officials could not confirm that Wednesday, the Inquirer reports.

A federal source confirmed to The Post on Thursday that Edgar Martinez, 27, was in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody.

The girl’s father, meanwhile, has returned to Mexico to study at a university in Sinaloa after staying with Alavez, a Bridgeton native, for a short time, the newspaper reports.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/19/cops-...-in-disappearance-of-5-year-old-dulce-alavez/
Whilst I understand the need to enforce immigration laws and breaches of such by undocumented immigrants, I find it pretty heartless that the authorities have chosen to take him away and put him in detention now when , as the boyfriend of Dulces mum , and the father to her unborn child, right now she needs all the support that she can possibly get, not to have even more stress and worry placed upon her shoulders as she deals with the ( alleged ) kidnap of her beautiful daughter. Come on guys, he’s her much needed support right now I would have thought and she needs him by her side as she awaits anxiously for any news of her daughters location and subsequent recovery as well as dealing with her unborn child’s health and that of Dulces siblings.
JMOO and observations

url

Thank you for adding this, it's the info I saw.
The orange sneakers in the pic are prison issued shoes, just to be clear.
The Nike Cortez's I have linked below and have not seen all orange ones, but this trend seems to be over after all the attention.

Red and Black are notorious gang colors. Perhaps the mention of a red van, red and black clothing and orange Nikes, is not a true description of a true person, but a message that was put out. I know this is tin foil hat speculation territory...
And I have noticed red pants are in fashion thing these days as well...

nike%2Bcortez.jpg

Nike-Cortez-Nylon-Clay-Orange-.jpg

I’m not usually big into conspiracy theories, but while this was most likely a coincidence, I remember thinking when I first saw the report how strange it felt. So close and also remembering reading “somewhere” that the grandmother worked there, at least at some point. I do not know this, factually. However, I read that on the day of the abduction and it didn’t seem important until the next day, when a fire broke out there. I was thinking, wait...that name F&S Produce seemed so familiar and then I remember that I’d read it as grandmother’s employment, the day before.

Does anyone know where the grandmother worked? I can not, for the life of me recall where I saw it. I can only find that she worked at a food processing plant.

Oh wow, I had missed that!
You are correct as per the Inquirer article

"The father works in a nursery, the mother in a food factory."

For clarification the fire was on Tuesday afternoon, I wrongly wrote it was on Monday.
There could be a connection though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members