AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've established that the birth father is currently in Mexico and had been at the time of the abduction.... does anyone know if there has been any discussion if the birth father could have hired someone to bring his daughter back to him in Mexico?

Probably a stretch with how tight the borders are right now.... but we've heard stranger things

(MOO)
Extremely unlikely.

I really feel they should be focusing on more than just the park with their search efforts. If she was put into a van then she was probably taken elsewhere so this could actually be a waste of time. I'm not saying don't search the park at all but at least broaden it out further than just this area. I highly doubt she will be found the park area since lots of people were there that day. I'd be shocked if she was found there considering the witness statements of people seeing her being drove off in a van. JMO
That's for sure. If the guy lured her into a van, chances of her still being in the park are slim to none.

I really feel they should be focusing on more than just the park with their search efforts. If she was put into a van then she was probably taken elsewhere so this could actually be a waste of time. I'm not saying don't search the park at all but at least broaden it out further than just this area. I highly doubt she will be found the park area since lots of people were there that day. I'd be shocked if she was found there considering the witness statements of people seeing her being drove off in a van. JMO
If the dog leads them to a place where the van was parked and her scent disappears, that is possible verification of the witness account. Finding tire tracks are a maybe, though I presume the lot and roads are paved. The suspect could have dropped something (maybe a smoker and discarded a cigarette, etc) so following a dog to where Dulce's scent disappears is valuable that way. All JMO

New here. I to am wondering if the park is a place they visit a lot. If so, I wonder if the POI could have been watching her, waiting for a chance to catch her alone. I have seen the video of her getting ice cream inside the store, do they have video outside the store? Person could have been following them from school.

Again - local news just now. Investigation wide open. Nothing is off the table. Important - may actually be a red SUV instead of a red van. Police want to talk to the man seen driving this vehicle.

Cops still searching for missing 5-year-old girl, offering $20K reward

State and local police and the FBI are conducting a search for a thin, light-skinned man, possibly Hispanic, with acne on his face but no facial hair. He could be driving a red van with tinted windows and a sliding passenger-side door. Police say now the car may also be an SUV.

Now, authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for anyone who can provide information that can help find Dulce. The FBI contributed $5,000, as well as the Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office. The other $10,000 has been offered by Newfield National Bank.

Morning Ze, and all!

Praying for Dulce's safe return.

I am so pleased to read this. They absolutely shouldn't rule any possibilities out when at this point they dont know who the suspect even is it seems.

I'm thankful at least these LE agencies didn't immediately get dangerous tunnel vision, zeroing in only on her parents as being the ones who are harrassed as we have seen far too often in the past.

Time is of the essence in any kidnapping case. All LE agencies elsewhere need to learn from how this case is being handled.

They are doing it correctly by ruling no one in or out, and they should keep it that way throughout, until they have the evidence needed to prove who the offender is. Until they know, they don't know what they dont know at this juncture.

How I wish they were closing in right now, and are trying to locate him by knowing who he is already.

Dulce must be found, and whatever has happened to her, even if alive, which I pray everyday will happen, aggravated kidnapping is a serious felony which can put him in prison for the rest of his worthless life.

Jmhoo

agreed with the posters that feel she's nowhere near that park...but clues might be. discarded wrappers, cigarette butts, tire tracks...since LEO's have no "direction" as to where the van went, they have only the park to search.

has the amber alert extended to delaware, maryland and the greater philadelphia area? she may not be anywhere near NJ anymore...

It seems to me that the only way LE can be 100% certain that the report that she was put in the back of a red van by a man is that they have video evidence. Otherwise, they only have the word of the a person who says that is what they saw and who may have reasons to present this ulterior scenario.
Perhaps that is why they are back in the park today, in force.

New here. I to am wondering if the park is a place they visit a lot. If so, I wonder if the POI could have been watching her, waiting for a chance to catch her alone. I have seen the video of her getting ice cream inside the store, do they have video outside the store? Person could have been following them from school.
All good thoughts and I'm sure LE will look at the stores cameras. I'm leaning toward a crime of opportunity / trafficking. This perp hung out at the park long enough for others to take note of his appearance - his build, his skin, his clothing, his shoes. I wonder if he was one of the basketball players and was using that as a ruse. Play ball until the perfect opportunity presented itself. Perhaps he noticed the two little ones hop out of the car and head to the playground without an adult. Then, he wandered off the court over to the playground, casually walked up to a little child and lead them away. Up until he committed a crime, he appeared normal, blended in, did not arouse suspicion. Just my thoughts.

I don't understand why they are back searching around that park area when she was supposed to have been put in a van, and you would therefore think, the driver got away sharpish. Are they somehow discounting that man and van theory, and exploring alternatives?

What if this whole description of the suspect was given by the actual suspect, thus making it all up to distract people from him/her? That description is way too detailed to not come from CCTV or several people. If it came from only one person, then I don't know if I believe that sighting.

Oh, I forgot to say Welcome to Websleuths! Is this the case that brought you here?

All good thoughts and I'm sure LE will look at the stores cameras. I'm leaning toward a crime of opportunity / trafficking. This perp hung out at the park long enough for others to take note of his appearance - his build, his skin, his clothing, his shoes. I wonder if he was one of the basketball players and was using that as a ruse. Play ball until the perfect opportunity presented itself. Perhaps he noticed the two little ones hop out of the car and head to the playground without an adult. Then, he wandered off the court over to the playground, casually walked up to a little child and lead them away. Up until he committed a crime, he appeared normal, blended in, did not arouse suspicion. Just my thoughts.
I wondered too about that, him playing on the basketball court with others. I'd think the others would know his name in that case. I agree with you that he was probably hanging around at least, long enough to get such vivid details about his appearance. Also, he happened to have a vehicle (van, SUV) parked conveniently near enough to abduct her. Random occurrence, but I think preplanned to try and take someone. JMO

Last edited:
What if this whole description of the suspect was given by the actual suspect, thus making it all up to distract people from him/her? That description is way too detailed to not come from CCTV or several people. If it came from only one person, then I don't know if I believe that sighting.

Well, this is it. As we have said all along, and I wish police could elaborate on where the information came from, that is a very very detailed description, especially - as we have been given to believe - it was recalled from memory by one or more persons more than 24 hours after.

The dog tracking for an hour is not indicative of the amount of time that Dulce was at the playground and I wouldn't read into any detail of this report unless it came directly from the dog's handler who would more thoroughly explain what that meant. I think the important message is that the dog didn't follow the scent off into the woods or on a path away from the playground and further confirmation that Dulce was recently at the park.

I agree, and it depends what type of dogs were scenting.

Hopefully they had air trailing scent dogs, instead of ground scenting dogs,since it wouldnt leave ground scents, showing how the offender exited, since we know she was abducted, and already inside a traveling moving vehicle at the time.

I know air trailing scent dogs were used in Laci Peterson murder, and were able to locate her scent as SP took her body to the SFB to be discarded.

I'm sure they also have air trailing scent dogs who also can trail live people as well for both of them, including the offender if they have been able to already locate his scent in the area he kidnapped Dulce, and left.

I'm afraid that is the only possible way LE can pinpoint which way he went once the kidnapping had occurred.

Of course if they find them on any camera footage afterwards will help them immensely, but may fail to show the exact route he used when leaving the park.

Jmho

I don't understand why they are back searching around that park area when she was supposed to have been put in a van, and you would therefore think, the driver got away sharpish. Are they somehow discounting that man and van theory, and exploring alternatives?
Looking for verification. Nothing is off the table apparently. Also looking for any clues or evidence dropped by Dulce or, especially, the suspect. Tire tracks, gum wrappers, cigarette butts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier