AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for this little girl and her family. As a NJ resident, Ive been looking for red vans. It really bothers me when people are making accusations about family members. The only person responsible for Dulce’s disappearance, is the man who took her.

rbbm.
Reward for missing 5-year-old girl Dulce Maria Alavez up to $35,000
"The New Jersey State Police issued an Amber Alert for Dulce early Wednesday after investigators interviewed people who were in the area at the time she vanished. Based on those interviews, detectives believe Dulce was taken by an unidentified man, who was light-skinned and possibly Hispanic, wearing a black shirt and red pants with orange sneakers. He was described as being around 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 and having a thin build, acne and no facial hair.

Webb-McCrae said the investigation has led them to a place where “we just want to talk to the man described.” They are looking into the possibility that the person who took Dulce could be in the state or somewhere else in the country.

She said the public should be aware of any behavioral changes they observe in those close to them, including any sudden changes in appearances, plans, or vehicles."

Thanks, Dotr.

Just reading this very familiar warning chills me to the bone.

Once again it gives me horrid flashbacks when prolific pedophile/murderer Joseph Duncan traveled from Washington state in his chosen rented bright red jeep into Idaho hunting for the opportunity to kidnap unsuspecting children, and family, and found them. :(

I pray they find little Dulce soon.

I have always felt she was in grave danger the moment she was kidnapped.

Jmho

lol. My Mom van when the kids were younger had 2 sliding doors... mine think white creeper van with back doors when they think of a kidnapper. I asked them about a red van with a slider- they said a young kid driving mom's van.
I had a mini-van when the kids were young and they called it the Mom Mobile. They were not fans of riding in it after they got a little older. I worry that a reason for a young man to be driving such a vehicle (unless it really is an SUV as was restated) would be to do exactly what he did - abduct a young girl.

Another slight possibility is if he works in agriculture and is employed and housed at a farm, there could be a vehicle such as this provided for transportation and maybe accessible for his use. When I'm driving the back roads around South Jersey and happen to come across workers headed for the fields to work for the day, they are almost always being transported in a van, so that a number of them can be dropped off as needed.

Problem with this thought, I'd hope the owners of the farm would come forward to report such.

I had a mini-van when the kids were young and they called it the Mom Mobile. They were not fans of riding in it after they got a little older. I worry that a reason for a young man to be driving such a vehicle (unless it really is an SUV as was restated) would be to do exactly what he did - abduct a young girl.

Another slight possibility is if he works in agriculture and is employed and housed at a farm, there could be a vehicle such as this provided for transportation and maybe accessible for his use. When I'm driving the back roads around South Jersey and happen to come across workers headed for the fields to work for the day, they are almost always being transported in a van, so that a number of them can be dropped off as needed.

Problem with this thought, I'd hope the owners of the farm would come forward to report such.

There's an older ford econoline work van with a slider. Or an older dodge caravan. Not thinking of a new Toyota or Mazda 5. True red, not burgundy, really limits the amount around. I wish they would clarify.

I worry about the same young kid as you do. No kid buys a minivan. And the HS backs up to that part of the park

She's 5 yrs old and unless she has an FB account why would it be her.

Lots of parents who have lost their children post on Facebook talking to them. This isn’t weird.

I think he was crying because he didn’t get to go with her.

I figured he was crying about the fallen ice cream.

Given the close proximity to the high school a red van does not strike me as odd.

I know several teachers and school employees who drive minivans, considering they also have children. Presumably their husbands/brothers/sons occasionally drive the minivan as well.

I know three teens attending high school who currently drive vans to school and work. When they got their license they got Mom's van and Mom got a newer one. 2 are minivans and 1 is one of the much bigger ones. They may not be thrilled with it, but they have something to drive.

I hope that they have reviewed the video from the school that day for anyone matching this description. Also if they keep track of the vehicles driven to school I hope that's been checked as well.

what's new besides opinions? nothing. this child was either abducted by a complete stranger or there is a pedophilic community member lurking in the dust...any other ideas? i'm out of ideas on this thread...sorry folks...
I don't think some of the other options can be discussed yet.

Y’all are not gonna believe this. My family has no idea what I do on here. It’s not a secret. They just don’t ask and I don’t tell. Everyone does their own thing.

Well, I just went out to the man cave where my two sons husband and daughter were. I asked what kind of van has sliding doors. In unison they all said:

A kidnapping van.
:D

All out search for 5-year old Dulce Maria Alavez continues tonight. We were there when a cop checked this red van for any signs of her near Bridgeton City Park. @NBCPhiladelphia at 11pm

Aaron Baskerville on Twitter

Okay that's a big van. Are they only checking big ones? That would narrow it down.

Check Bridgeton Walmart cameras. Start with the exterior to locate the vehicle and go into the exterior. Also check local Mexican stores which may have cameras as well. Take a Spanish speaking police officer with you and let him speak to the owner alone without making he or she feel threatened. There is a 99.9% chance he has been to either one of these places, especially on a Sunday for Walmart. Local laundromat footage may help as well. Is there a particular decade this van or SUV can be nailed down to? I am not clear on the quality of footage obtained. If anyone knows where i can view it, please let me know. My heart goes out to the family and I pray their little girl is found safe. I could only imagine all of this for the family is the worst feeling in the world. This is why community policing must return. Someone saw something no doubt.

LE has the following pic. Is it from today? The shirt in the pic looks yellow and is short sleeves where what she was reported missing in is a pink, long sleeve shirt.

70826185_2370482989671743_7703415258630586368_n.jpg
This is what she was wearing. This was taken right before they went to the park

I don't think some of the other options can be discussed yet.

agreed, but i don't see any other options...as yet...all family members either are out of reach, non-english speaking, illegal, detained or fear of, undocumented, etc etc...as another poster said many pages back, i commend LEO's for paying so much attention as they're obviously stretched thin in a "less-than-attended" community. Prayers for this child...

This isn’t surprising at all. Amber Alerts are about 98% useless in my opinion. They’re rarely issued quickly enough to make any difference, and that is what the whole point of them was supposed to have been in the first place - quick action to make people aware immediately.

I personally consider them “non-custodial parent alerts”.

Statistics show that in most stranger abductions, the child is dead within 3 hours. It’s exceptionally rare to see an Amber Alert issued in less than 3 hours.

I know you were just sharing your opinion on Amber Alert’s and the effectiveness of their use, and it got me wondering what the actual data says on the topic.

It seems like Amber Alerts weren’t just to get the word out quickly, it was to get them out quickly and efficiently using a Cold War era emergency broadcast system. At the point Amber Alerts started, it had only been used for the weather. This wasn’t today’s world of course, and up until then I guess they had no way of notifying a local community of a child abduction until news time. Forgive me for finding that odd, I’m a child of the 90’s.

From what I read, and I will link sources so others can read for themselves, Amber Alerts have had a slight success rate of what one researcher estimated to be 20%. Most cases are like you said familial/custodial abductions. It’s also apparently hard to say if it were not for the amber alert whether the outcome would have been any different. It’s also hard to say whether the child’s life was ever actually threatened in each case.

This is a really good article on a researcher who says it isn’t adding anything to the situation, and the opposing argument from those who support Amber Alerts. The Amber Alert system is more effective as theater than as a way to protect children - The Boston Globe

Personally, I think it is a case of the police being damned if they do and damned if they don’t.I say that because there’s an interesting article from 2005 on a look at Amber Alerts that should have never been put out in the first place. One of the criteria that counted towards the information was 23 alerts put out with vague information. That included no suspect information or vehicle description. Here we are now, having people angry it wasn’t issued right away.

MISSING: Bogus alarms endanger Amber Alert system's future <br> Officials often ignore federal guidelines

I also wouldn’t dismiss familial/custodial abductions as not as serious as stranger abduction. I do know that the child is more likely to be unharmed in that scenario. However, custody disputes are notoriously ugly, and some of these abductions still end with a parent losing their child. The fact remains in any abduction a child is in an environment the police have deemed to be unsafe, and the child needs to be home!

I don’t mean to say that you were dismissing those kinds of abductions. I know what you are saying is 9 times out of 10 it is a custody issue, and that’s pretty much what the Amber Alert has come to be. It sort of seems you were saying it as if the urgency was gone, and I know statistically, it really usually isn’t a dangerous situation. But who wants to play statistics when it comes to children?

Here is also a link to the Amber Alert Guidelines. It seems like the system would be ideal if police ever had all the details of what happened when they are called to an abduction right away. They are told NOT to call an Amber Alert while absent significant information about the abduction. Seems like their hands are tied, which is probably why we don't see the system used very often. Some states even have age limits as young as 12!
AMBER Alert - Guidelines

Check Bridgeton Walmart cameras. Start with the exterior to locate the vehicle and go into the exterior. Also check local Mexican stores which may have cameras as well. Take a Spanish speaking police officer with you and let him speak to the owner alone without making he or she feel threatened. There is a 99.9% chance he has been to either one of these places, especially on a Sunday for Walmart. Local laundromat footage may help as well. Is there a particular decade this van or SUV can be nailed down to? I am not clear on the quality of footage obtained. If anyone knows where i can view it, please let me know. My heart goes out to the family and I pray their little girl is found safe. I could only imagine all of this for the family is the worst feeling in the world. This is why community policing must return. Someone saw something no doubt.
All excellent ideas. If the suspect is indeed local, these could be places he would frequent, possibly regularly. Possible after committing this crime, he will not use the red van to travel the area, though. But there is a good enough description of him that he could definitely be recognized. Unless he has left the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier