Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have the authorities checked the video footage from Port Authority ? That place must be crawling with security cameras. If he took a bus to NYC on a Sunday, that's where it would have went, I assume. From there, you can catch a bus to virtually anywhere in the US. Do you need ID to buy a bus ticket nowadays ?

You do not need an ID. His wife believes 2 bus passes were missing which meant he probably planned to return home. I am now not sure he got on the bus.

Who's to say the gift bag didn't have a wad of cash in it and/or other items needed to kick start a new life ? I feel something was said on the vacation. The wife knows something, imo.

Always a possibility. The blackmail theory is fascinating.

You do not need an ID. His wife believes 2 bus passes were missing which meant he probably planned to return home. I am now not sure he got on the bus.

What makes you dismiss the mountain of circumstantial evidence that points to him taking a bus to NYC ? Perhaps a ruse to throw people off ? If so, and I think it's unlikely, the next logical conclusion we can come to is he committed suicide by drowning via the Oradell reservoir. If he committed suicide by any other means, I'd think we'd have a body by now. That's a huge body of water. His body may not show up for weeks or months if that's the case.

The way I see it, the order of probability is:

1-took off to start a new life
2-suicide

(distant)
3-foul play.

What makes you dismiss the mountain of circumstantial evidence that points to him taking a bus to NYC ? Perhaps a ruse to throw people off ? If so, and I think it's unlikely, the next logical conclusion we can come to is he committed suicide by drowning via the Oradell reservoir. If he committed suicide by any other means, I'd think we'd have a body by now. That's a huge body of water. His body may not show up for weeks or months if that's the case.

The way I see it, the order of probability is:

1-took off to start a new life
2-suicide

(distant)
3-foul play.

I think I was affected by the psychic blackmail theory. I think he may have another cell phone and/or laptop and that answers will be there.

<modsnip>

He was seen walking in the direction of the bus stop and there were 2 bus tickets missing so it was deduced he was walking to the bus stop. He wouldn't need ID to get on a local bus or even a regional one. He could, for example, take a bus to Port Authority, a subway ride to Grand Central or Penn Station and lots of options to go pretty far without showing ID.

Personally I don't buy foul play or suicide. This guy doesn't say suicide to me. The worst thing that could have happened was slipping on a banana peel and going over a cliff into bushes but I think we would have found him by now. He is out there I'm telling you.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

He was seen walking in the direction of the bus stop and there were 2 bus tickets missing so it was deduced he was walking to the bus stop. He wouldn't need ID to get on a local bus or even a regional one. He could, for example, take a bus to Port Authority, a subway ride to Grand Central or Penn Station and lots of options to go pretty far without showing ID.

Personally I don't buy foul play or suicide. This guy doesn't say suicide to me. The worst thing that could have happened was slipping on a banana peel and going over a cliff into bushes but I think we would have found him by now. He is out there I'm telling you.

<modsnip>

Could be nothing but maybe you're right. Maybe he just took off.

I work about 20 minutes from Oradell NJ I am very intrigued by this case. I'm praying that he is found safe & sound. I'm thinking maybe he experienced a medical crisis that left him disoriented, but from the few details provided it appears maybe his disappearance was planned. As mentioned before though I definitely think there's more to the story the wife isn't saying, which I completely understand. However the cards may fall I have a strong feeling that as complex as the case seems his disappearance will be related to "the obvious".

Instead of reading the two bus passes as him planning to return, what if he was meeting someone and they used the second pass for a one-way trip? Would really love for them to release surveillance footage.

Just speculating since at this point I don't remember anything pointing specifically to infidelity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of reading the two bus passes as him planning to return, what if he was meeting someone and they used the second pass for a one-way trip? Would really love for them to release surveillance footage.

Just speculating since at this point I don't remember anything pointing specifically to infidelity.

I take that bus and it's not how the passes work.

Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking more of my local bus system and one of our pass options. Thanks for clarifying :)

I misunderstood you I'm sorry. You meant that someone else used his other pass and they went one way together. Yes that is possible. Sorry!!

<modsnip>

Its been a week Mark its time to come out

I misunderstood you I'm sorry. You meant that someone else used his other pass and they went one way together. Yes that is possible. Sorry!!

No worries! Re-reading, I could have been clearer. (I also know some passes are tied directly to a specific person).

So, yes, to go back, is it possible he took a second bus pass for someone to go with him? I would think by now that person would have also been reported missing but maybe not?

I can definitely see returning from one adventure and wanting to keep that feeling alive. Makes me optimistic he's out there, unharmed, and just an adult who wants to be left alone for a bit. But then I go back to the police saying there's a lot of odd clues. Nothing that's been released seems overly odd, so I wish they'd elaborate.

Having followed a bunch of these cases my feeling is this is adventurism.

Apologies if this is unkind given the circumstances, but young honey on the side came to mind immediately. Apologies again if this is an unfair characterization.

According to Google maps the bus stop is a 14 minute walk from his house.
Also some neighbor did see him walking (it said "with purpose" or something similar) toward the bus stop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Money in that bag? Payoff?

Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking more of my local bus system and one of our pass options. Thanks for clarifying :)

<modsnip>

I really hope you're right! You think he's hiding and can see the news or is he disoriented and needs medical attention?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back