NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find it incredibly bizarre that Paul gave his daughters Porsches for their birthdays. Even affluent people don’t do that. It’s just a brazen way to show off.
Yup. Apparently it’s especially unusual for that neighborhood. His deck cost something like 120k if I recall.

Definitely a show off.

Yup. Apparently it’s especially unusual for that neighborhood. His deck cost something like 120k if I recall.

Definitely a show off.

Too lazy to look for a link...I recall $140,00 for the deck, but what’s $20K between friends. :D I find it repugnant to tell people what he spent for the deck, or anything else. I have a real thing about that. It’s just tacky to discuss money. Ask me what I paid for something and you’ll get a surprised wide-eyed look followed by “Why do you want to know?” :eek: ;)

Too lazy to look for a link...I recall $140,00 for the deck, but what’s $20K between friends. :D I find it repugnant to tell people what he spent for the deck, or anything else. I have a real thing about that. It’s just tacky to discuss money. Ask me what I paid for something and you’ll get a surprised wide-eyed look followed by “Why do you want to know?” :eek: ;)
I’m happy to brag about what I spend for stuff but it’s because I gave $2 for it at goodwill lol.

Idk, I don’t think it’s necessarily tacky to discuss money depending on the situation. My friends and I all know how much we make, our mortgages, etc. But then again, we’re all from the same area as PC/KC, so maybe we’re just a tacky And repugnant bunch.

No one loves a good deal more than me though lol

Idk, I don’t think it’s necessarily tacky to discuss money depending on the situation. My friends and I all know how much we make, our mortgages, etc. But then again, we’re all from the same area as PC/KC, so maybe we’re just a tacky And repugnant bunch.

My parents were of a generation that would never speak of financial issues with others, and I think a goodly portion of my generation is built the same. I tend to blurt out more than I should from time to time.. about many subjects, including finances. I also regret sharing too much, lol. It's just me ;) Brother Paul, though, certainly has some issues.

I’m happy to brag about what I spend for stuff but it’s because I gave $2 for it at goodwill lol.

hahaha! I was thinking the same thing!

Ha ha! Good deals are different! :D

LOL! You’re only tacky and repugnant if you’re bragging and one-upping people IMO. Or asking people like me what I paid for my hearing aids. And I know you’re not doing that. :)

My parents were of a generation that would never speak of financial issues with others, and I think a goodly portion of my generation is built the same. I tend to blurt out more than I should from time to time.. about many subjects, including finances. I also regret sharing too much, lol. It's just me ;) Brother Paul, though, certainly has some issues.

Yes, I think it’s both generational and upbringing. My mother (born in 1911) thought it was rude to discuss money, so I guess she imprinted that on me. On the other hand, my husband has no problem telling people what we paid for my hearing aids or anything else, while I die of embarrassment. :oops: He’s not bragging though...he’s groaning! :D

There's a huge difference between "Wow- how much did you pay for THAT?" and "We're thinking of a similar deck- would you mind telling me ballpark what something like that would cost?"
And, it's a huge difference when someone offers the amount of money paid. "Yeah, our new deck is done, and after spending $140K on it, we better use it!" or something like that.

Bragging about money spent is a clue, imo, of motive in this case. Just a hunch, not a fact.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? LE must have some proof. Would they willy nilly arrest PC for no reason? I don’t think so.
Well, so far he's only charged with setting the fire at his own house.

I think he'll be charged with the murders and arson at his brother's house, but so far, he hasn't been arrested for those crimes.

Tick tock

jmo

Really? LE must have some proof. Would they willy nilly arrest PC for no reason? I don’t think so.

I don’t think they’d arrest PC for arson on his own house without good reason, but he’s smart to deny everything. The burden of proof is on the state. It will be interesting to see what happens in court on Wednesday. I expect murder charges and I’m sure LE is working around the clock gathering evidence.

I find it incredibly bizarre that Paul gave his daughters Porsches for their birthdays. Even affluent people don’t do that. It’s just a brazen way to show off.

IMO, grandiose gestures like that are often reflective of someone who has an overinflated sense of self-importance. IMO, it doesn't come from a spirit of generosity and altruism...more from a need to one-up everyone else and give the appearance of superiority. Over-compensation. JMO, but to me it screams personality disorder.

IMO, grandiose gestures like that are often reflective of someone who has an overinflated sense of self-importance. IMO, it doesn't come from a spirit of generosity and altruism...more from a need to one-up everyone else and give the appearance of superiority. Over-compensation. JMO, but to me it screams personality disorder.

I agree.

Unfortunately I have been around many during my lifetime who must brag to everyone about how much money they have or how much they paid for something.

Often the ones they brag to has far more money and assets but they dont have to go around telling everyone.

Many inflated their worth and often the ones that must brag constantly often dont have nearly the amount of money they like to pretend they have.

They seem to obsess about money and material things instead of what is more important in life like love of family and friends.

I found most of them are quite shallow and all they talk about is themselves and their 'things.'

I wouldnt be surprised if he was in any kind of business endeavor with his murdered brother he had been skimming funds because he couldnt manage his money as well as his brother but wanted to pretend he could afford an extravagant lifestyle.

Jmo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234