NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THAT is a fascinating question and one I have wondered myself. If one twin is a psychopath, is the other one a psychopath as well? Guess I'll have to look and see if there are any case studies on this.
I understand less likely for fraternal twins. Identical -- there's much more discussion out there.

Snipped and bolded by me: I have to wonder why on earth they would agree to have this go to trial knowing that tape exists and would be played. Did they really think people would buy what the defense is trying to sell? If people had any doubts before that he was a psychopath, that tape all but confirms it.
I, also, don't think I would want that played for the world to see. If he had just taken the plea, he could have just slithered off to prison and not put Sarah's family/friends and his own family through this horrendous trial.
The Defense fought to keep the 13 min tape recorded by AC out, but was denied by Judge. Defense also wanted the recorded interview that LE had with LM not entered into evidence, but judge denied. Going to court is not a sure thing ,done deal. Ya never know how it's going to turn out .

I believe LM has much influence and control over his family -- as do most psychopaths. They're masters at it. Just look how easy LM solicited his roommate's involvement -- and for a pittance. I don't believe LM has much experience with being told "no." MOO
I do believe Psychopaths can recognize another psychopath.IMO there was no accident that LM asked PT to participate in the murder of Sarah Stern.

I understand less likely for fraternal twins. Identical -- there's much more discussion out there.
It would be interesting to know more.

One of my friends was a fraternal twin, and he had a very serious heart condition -- he had several surgeries, starting when he was very young. He's okay now, but has to still be careful, etc. His doctors said that if he had been an identical twin, his brother would have had the same condition -- his brother was checked, etc., just in case, but he was fine.
Don't know if this kind of thing carries into mental afflictions in identicals.

I finally found an article on twins having paranoid schizophrenia -- one that I could understand and that wasn't too lengthy. Schizophrenia and psychopathology are not the same, indeed, but this article is interesting, IMO. There are some articles out there on id.twins and psychopathology, but the ones I saw were either very lengthy or too sophisticated to keep me from crossing my eyes and screaming... :confused:

I do believe Psychopaths can recognize another psychopath.IMO there was no accident that LM asked PT to participate in the murder of Sarah Stern.
Reminds me of LM's comment to AC that he didn't want PT to think he had to kill AC (because he had knowledge).

Kind of like the defense argument-- it was PT, and not LM!

Eventually, LM probably would have killed AC also.

MOO

It would be interesting to know more.

One of my friends was a fraternal twin, and he had a very serious heart condition -- he had several surgeries, starting when he was very young. He's okay now, but has to still be careful, etc. His doctors said that if he had been an identical twin, his brother would have had the same condition -- his brother was checked, etc., just in case, but he was fine.
Don't know if this kind of thing carries into mental afflictions in identicals.

I finally found an article on twins having paranoid schizophrenia -- one that I could understand and that wasn't too lengthy. Schizophrenia and psychopathology are not the same, indeed, but this article is interesting, IMO. There are some articles out there on id.twins and psychopathology, but the ones I saw were either very lengthy or too sophisticated to keep me from crossing my eyes and screaming... :confused:
Identical twins are genetically exact.

Weather permitting - haven't heard anything yet...

Wednesday, February 13th:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 9am ET) - NJ - Sarah Stern (19) (Dec. 2, 2016, Neptune City; not found) - *Liam McAtasney (21/19 @ time of crime) charged (2/1/17) & indicted (2/2/17) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree robbery, felony murder, robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, desecrating human remains (2nd degree), tampering with physical evidence & hindering his own apprehension. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA seeks Life.
Trial started 1/23/19; should last 4 to 6 weeks & will only be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays.
Skipping over Day 1 thru 6 - reference post #832 here: Still Missing - NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2
2/7/19 Day 7: State witnesses: Anthony Curry. DA played the video Curry recorded on Jan. 31, 2017, McAtasney laid out in detail choking Stern for a half hour. Edward Curry, Anthony's father, to corroborate his son’s story. Trial continues on Tuesday, 2/12.
2/12/19 Day 8 – cancelled: Monmouth County courts are CLOSED today due to the impending winter weather. Courts will re-open tomorrow as per the normal schedule. Trial continues to 2/13.
His accomplice Preston Taylor (19) faces up to 20 years in state prison and is subject to the No Early Release Act. (Was facing up to life in prison on the felony murder charge and 51 years for the additional charges). He pleaded guilty (4/27/17) to 1st degree robbery, 2nd degree conspiracy to commit robbery, 2nd degree distributing or desecrating human remains, 2 counts of 3rd degree hindering apprehension & 4th degree tampering with physical evidence. His sentencing will be adjourned until later in the year, pending McAtasney’s trial. Testified at LMc's trial.

FREEHOLD - One of the jurors on the Sarah Stern murder case has been dismissed, apparently for posting something on social media, prompting the judge today to question the remaining panelists individually about what they knew about her excusal.

As the trial of Liam McAtasney in the murder of his childhood friend was set to resume this morning, Superior Court Judge Richard W. English told the remaining 15 jurors that at the end of the day on Thursday, he dismissed juror no. 13.

He then call each of the remaining jurors into the courtroom one-by-one to question them about what, if anything, they knew about the juror’s dismissal.

Five of the jurors said they heard it was because the juror had posted something on social media, but they didn’t know what was posted.

One of them said she reached out to the excused juror on Facebook and learned she had been dismissed because she posted something on Facebook.

The other jurors said they didn’t hear why the juror was dismissed.

After the questioning, the judge called a recess.

McAtasney, 21, of Neptune City, is accused of strangling Stern, 19, during a robbery on Dec. 2, 2016 and throwing the Neptune City woman’s body off the Route 35 bridge from Belmar to Neptune.

The questioning of jurors came as the state was nearing the end of its case.
Sarah Stern murder: Juror dismissed for posting on social media

Last edited:
FREEHOLD - ‘Sitting on the jury laughing my a— off.”

That was the Facebook post that got a juror on the Sarah Stern murder trial kicked off the case.

And now, the attorney for Stern’s accused killer is asking for a mistrial because of the post.

The juror in question was dismissed Thursday over the social media post, prompting the judge today to question the remaining panelists individually about what they knew about her excusal.

As the trial of Liam McAtasney in the murder of his childhood friend was set to resume this morning, Superior Court Judge Richard W. English told the remaining 15 jurors that at the end of the day on Thursday, he dismissed juror no. 13.

He then call each of the remaining jurors into the courtroom one-by-one to question them about what, if anything, they knew about the juror’s dismissal.

After the questioning, the judge called a recess. Back in session, defense attorney Carlos Diaz-Cobo asked for a mistrial. English said he would dismiss the jury for the remainder of the day and decide tomorrow whether to grant a mistrial.

Sarah Stern murder: Juror dismissed for post on social media

Last edited:
FREEHOLD - ‘Sitting on the jury laughing my a— off.”

That was the Facebook post that got a juror on the Sarah Stern murder trial kicked off the case.

And now, the attorney for Stern’s accused killer is asking for a mistrial because of the post.

The juror in question was dismissed Thursday over the social media post, prompting the judge today to question the remaining panelists individually about what they knew about her excusal.

After the questioning, the judge called a recess. Back in session, defense attorney Carlos Diaz-Cobo asked for a mistrial. English said he would dismiss the jury for the remainder of the day and decide tomorrow whether to grant a mistrial.

Sarah Stern murder: Juror dismissed for post on social media

What a disgusting person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members