GUILTY NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death #2 *NG murder, Guilty endangering welfare, agg manslaughter*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dr. Baden thinks Corey's cause of death is confused by injuries caused by CPR. Heart and organ injuries.

Dr. Baden supports Dr. R's fininding of nflammation (pneumonia) and sepsis.

states Corey's most likely cause of death is the lung inflamation and bacterial findings. Shortness of breath, cyanosis, low oxygenation level, high white count, 29,000. The post mortem cat scan finding of pnuemonia. very severe rapid onset pnuemonia.SIDS, could also be a factor.

[I'm sorry what?]

children 3 4 5 6 years old can die suddenly with no explanation.

[um, again - what?]

some unknown virus may be responsible. The injuries to liver and heart could be from very vigorous attempts at CPR.

Manner of death is natural.

Dr. Baden also cites the CT scan over death and the appearance if the lungs in his opinion.

(But I'm recalling the State's witness who said intubation changes what's in the lungs and the CTs after death aren't a thing!)

Defense isn't on microphone. Believes Dr. Baden can testify.

Judge shoots down Defense'scitation. Doesn't apply. Judge is reviewing what constitutes expert testimony.

Court says that Dr. Baden cannot testify to CPS issues.

Dr. Baden can testify about Dr. R. Cannot testify to impressions/opinions of LE.

Court isn't going to limit Dr. Baden's medical testimony.

The rest the Court finds appropriate.
Omg they actually wanted this guy to get into cps issues?

MOO

Wow. Medical professionals did CPR for 49 minutes.

I hope B finds some comfort in that. They fought hard for Corey!

And where was CG? Preparing to bolt.

I'm so sad for Corey and his battered body. And no, not from CPR.

MOO
What this tells me is that Corey died 49 minutes PRIOR to the listed time of death.

EDIT: i.e. before CPR was done...

Last edited:
Dr. Baden just gave a lengthy lecture on the heart.

Believes that the 1 1/2 laceration to the heart was caused by CPR. A laceration like that would be fatal within in minutes.

HE said CPR presses heart 100 times a minute?? Really?
well he is correct that 100 to 120 compresions per minute is recommended in CPR to a child. Although that number is actually a bit lower because approx every 30 compresions should then be followed by 2 effective breaths which means a slight pause in compressions.
How to resuscitate a child.

What Baden is suggesting is that with each compression the heart is being smashed into the sternum. That would only ocurr if the compressions were too agressive MOO. Since trained medical personnel was delivering the compressions I highly doubt they are unfamiliar with the appropriate level of compression (5cm is appropriate)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back