GUILTY NM - Albuquerque, UID child buried at playground, May'09 - Tyruss Toribio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whoever buried this child wanted him to be found. There have to be more obscure and isolated locations in Albuquerque to bury a child that no one would notice so quickly than this public park. It is hard to imagine a woman bringing her kids to a park to bury a small boy. What a gruesome thought.

If I have the right park (Alvarado park) then this appears to be a nice park in a neighborhood, bordered on all 4 sides by homes. Even if this child was buried at night I would think there would be a great chance that they would have been seen. In most neighborhoods people come and go at all hours of the day and night, shift workers, mom's who run out for milk or whatever at midnight, teenagers coming home from activities etc.
Just looking at this area on google maps it looks to be full of activity, people walking, cars parked on the roadside, etc.
It's just really strange to me that no one saw a thing.
Alvaradopark.jpg

playground.jpg

Alvaradopark1.jpg

I would say this area is a mixed bag. UNM is relatively close, so to the southwest where the campus is, there is a lot of university housing etc., Also lots of older homes that are in really nice neighborhoods near this park. But, the State Fair Grounds are to the south; I don't recall hearing much of anything was going on this week, except for a gun show last weekend. To the east and southeast, the neighborhoods deteriorate rapidly. I wouldn't even drive through most of them in the day, much less the night. Some of them are really bad.

My guess is this child was buried quickly at night. By someone who didn't have a car or if they did, had little gas. Albuquerque is surrounded by tons of wide open space, so burying a body in this location doesn't make much sense otherwise. I'm guessing maybe a mom on drugs or something horrible like that? Very sad.

I really wish they would release a sketch!!

http://www.koat.com/news/19488621/detail.html

Police Have Few Leads In Case Of Boy Buried In Park
Still No ID For Boy Found Buried In Sand

UPDATED: 3:18 am MDT May 18, 2009

...They have left candles, teddy bears and flowers to prove he's loved.

Ruben Nieto, who lives near the park, said, "We've seen a lot of cops. I've seen detectives in the area."

He'd stayed at this park nearly full time since Friday.

"I stayed here all night long watching that little boy's memorial so no one would take anything," he said...

Video coverage of memorial at top right of article.

Thank you Mr. Nieto.

I hear what you're saying blackwatch. I don't imagine that the ME will release his body for burial until either an ID has been made or a search for his identity has been exhausted. I know that UID's are buried as such but the community has taken this young boy's to heart.

If I have the right park (Alvarado park) then this appears to be a nice park in a neighborhood, bordered on all 4 sides by homes. Even if this child was buried at night I would think there would be a great chance that they would have been seen. In most neighborhoods people come and go at all hours of the day and night, shift workers, mom's who run out for milk or whatever at midnight, teenagers coming home from activities etc.
Just looking at this area on google maps it looks to be full of activity, people walking, cars parked on the roadside, etc.
It's just really strange to me that no one saw a thing.
Alvaradopark.jpg

playground.jpg

Alvaradopark1.jpg

This is the right park and has houses on all sides. I wouldn't say it was the nicest neighborhood in town, but it is definately not the worst. It is a very busy park at all hours, so I too find it strange that nobody saw anything.

This is starting to make me angry. It burns me up when children are disposed of like nothing more than a used hamburger wrapper.

It really burns me up, that he has a name and we don't know it.

Albuquerque police dept has interviewed all registered sex offenders in the area and cleared them all. They are now checking with everyday daycare center and homeless shelter in Albuquerque to see if there are any kids who missed school that might fit his description. They stated that they do believe it was an immediate family member that did this to that little boy and it is not random.

A fund has been started at Compass Bank and $3600 was deposited today. 2 funeral homes have offered free service and burial plot. The neighbors were saving up to buy the casket, but a funeral home in Los Lunas, NM has offered to give one to him. Now they are planning to pay for the tombstone and to set up a permanent memorial at the park for him.

Understandable about the delay. But now, they are saying the body was under the sand in the sun "for days". I guess 48 hours (2 days) could still be considered "days", but it still makes me curious. That poor child's body must have been severly burned under the sand. :(

Regarding the sketch, I wonder if they have considered contacting forensic artist Lois Gibson? She did sketches of both Baby Grace and Beloved Doe which eventually led to the identification of both of the children. Although Beloved Doe took 5 years, it was her sketch broadcast on Univision which led the family to ID him. Baby Grace was ID'd from her sketch within days of it being broadcast. She works with the Houston Police Department, but also others.

Regarding the sketch, I wonder if they have considered contacting forensic artist Lois Gibson? She did sketches of both Baby Grace and Beloved Doe which eventually led to the identification of both of the children. Although Beloved Doe took 5 years, it was her sketch broadcast on Univision which led the family to ID him. Baby Grace was ID'd from her sketch within days of it being broadcast. She works with the Houston Police Department, but also others.

I was thinking earlier that they really need to consider contacting whoever did the sketch of Baby Grace. She did a great job. The Baby Grace case was so sad. I'm so glad she finally got the justice she deserved.

By the way, I have to give sketch artists a ton of credit. I can't imagine trying to create a sketch just from someones skull! They do a fantastic job.

I was thinking earlier that they really need to consider contacting whoever did the sketch of Baby Grace. She did a great job. The Baby Grace case was so sad. I'm so glad she finally got the justice she deserved.

By the way, I have to give sketch artists a ton of credit. I can't imagine trying to create a sketch just from someones skull! They do a fantastic job.

I absolutely agree with you !! I can't imagine how they do what they do! How Lois did Baby Grace's sketch so right on the money is beyond me. She has done several others, these 2 are just the ones that are very, very special to me. She has a website - http://www.loisgibson.com/ that has samples of some of her other work too.

And yeah, Baby Grace has received part of her justice so far. I was at part of the trial, with her grandma. The trial for the other is scheduled for October of this year. Hopefully, he will be convicted just like she was. I'll be there again - for baby Riley Ann

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/...asp_slim_lead_in_buried_boy_case_200905190112

Published : Tuesday, 19 May 2009, 12:14 AM MDT

Cops grasp slim lead in buried-boy case
Potential evidence found at second park

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The discovery of a child's jacket and car seat at another city park has given Albuquerque police a possible lead in the case of the small boy found buried at Alvarado Park Friday...

...However authorities are cautious about raising hopes based on the slim thread of evidence...

...officers were dispatched to Hyder Park on Richmond Drive SE.

There someone had called police about finding a child's jacket and car seat in the park.

The citizens of Albuquerque have been through a lot this year. The discovery of the 11 bodies buried out on the West Mesa and now this young boy. Very sad.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S936895.shtml?cat=516

Updated at: 05/18/2009 10:25 PM

...Rachel Lesperance, organizer of a Monday candlelight vigil, says she is getting clues from all over the country, including one from a woman who thinks she knows who the victim is...

..."She called and she had a tip about her grandson missing for 6 days... (child is said to match the description)

...Lesperance forwarded the tip to police...

... Lesperance says investigators told her the boy was probably 3 and a half years old and had scars all over his body...

...(because of decomp, no pic released)hoping to release a sketch of what the boy's face looked like in the next few days...

:praying: for his identity to be known soon, and justice to be served for this young boy.

Am truly hoping this child is identified soon and the person(s) responsible found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back