GUILTY NM - Victoria Martens, 10, brutally murdered, Albuquerque, 23 Aug 2016 *Arrests* *2 guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know how long Michelle and FG were together? And also how long FG had been living in the household? Tia

I wonder if part of Michelle's seemingly numb emotions was actual shock. I'm not in anyway making excuses for her, but imagine if you were to witness something like that. How would you even begin to process what had happened?

Sorry, I meant to reply to your post and I don't know how to fix it..! jstkiddn

It would probably be impossible IMO.
Far as the law goes shes guilty as the others. I DO wonder how they are doing since they no longer have their drugs. And yes I am hoping to hear they are having a terrible time.

This case is the most brutal, horrifying murder (of an innocent child at that) that I have ever heard/read about in my life :cry: Just when you think you have heard about the most horrendous, gruesome and heinous crimes/murders there are, along comes one even more evil than your mind can comprehend. I wish I had NEVER read that criminal complaint!! I literally had to take Xanax, and a break from WS. I still think about that precious child everyday.

FG's History of violence, ignoring court orders :dervish:

Timeline of trouble with the law
Fabian Gonzales’ criminal history:
2004: Charged with battery against a household member, but the outcome of that case is unclear.
2012: Indicted on charges of kidnapping, aggravated battery against a household member (great bodily harm), battery against a household member, and three counts of resisting, evading or obstructing an officer. Takes plea agreement in 2013 to two lesser charges, misdemeanors that result in 1 year and 11 months’ probation. Probation ultimately revoked after Gonzales absconds.
2014: Indicted on charges of child abuse and battery against a household member. In addition, he is sentenced to serve 300 days in prison for the 2013 probation violation.
2015: Released from prison. Then pleads no contest to battery on a household member and child abandonment related to the 2014 case. Sentenced to two years’ supervised probation, but fails to report to probation office and probation paperwork isn’t processed by state Corrections Department.
2016: Arrested, along with two others, and charged with rape and child abuse resulting in the death of Victoria Martens.

https://www.abqjournal.com/835693/suspect-had-a-history-of-violence.html

Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center
http://app.bernco.gov/custodylist/CustodySearchInter.aspx

Gonzales was supposed to have been on probation but apparently his paperwork (along with a bunch of others) was send to an e-mail address that was no longer in service.
"According to Alex Sanchez, deputy secretary of administration for the state Corrections Department, one of the probation and parole email accounts where the message was sent was no longer in use at the time. She says she tested the email address and confirmed it was replying to messages with an alert saying it was no longer in service. The other email address was working but doesn’t have any record of having received the court’s emails, Sanchez said."

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...cle_dc3527d9-4909-53d1-8dbd-372f252afa77.html

I'm wondering, did the other two (JK and FG) lure Michelle somehow? (on POF) and it only took her a month to spiral down to the abyss...

Good question. I don't know the answer, but she apparently met him on Plenty of Fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering, did the other two (JK and FG) lure Michelle somehow? (on POF) and it only took her a month to spiral down to the abyss...

They wouldn't have found her if she wasn't on POF looking. I have a hard time understanding why some are trying so hard to make excuses for her. She wasn't some underage girl lured by an adult male.

What is going on with that mother??

By some accounts, by people who know her well, she was a normal mom. But this HORRIFIC crime happened in her presence and LE is saying she appears unremorseful.

How quickly do drugs damage you to that extent? That is a real question, not rhetorical - how fast can a person spiral down to the place where she would witness, and perhaps condone, what happened to her child. A couple of months? One month? A few weeks?

Seems impossibly fast.

People can be gullible, because they want to be.
I don't think Michelle Martens was ever a good mother, as long she kept up the pretense and everything looked right - then everything was alright.
In her photos Victoria had a smile on her face, her eyes showed a different emotion. (Except the last one where she was beaming).
Mommy's drug addiction wasn't a new thing, in my opinion, it just escalated when FG and JK moved in.
People can be gullible - because they want to be.

I am going to climb out on a limb here ( do be careful I don't fall on you, I am heavy..)
These drugs, whatever they may be, have really spiraled to a MAJOR problem in the US. This little girl, her whole life ahead of her, so pretty. And she is dead because of 3 people who chose to do the most unforgivable and unthinkable. If I understand correctly NM does not have death penalty, these 3 including her own mother are going to have to be taken care of in the prison system until they die. Prisons let people of lesser offences go, sometimes they commit more crime, maybe they can't make a living once out of prison with a nasty record. We have more and more killers in prisons, I guess I am venting a little but how are we supposed to afford this? Prisons overfilled... the murders don't quit coming. Prisoners get all they need while locked up on our dime. Innocent people dying. There has got to be a way to stop these drugs.. yes to save money.. more importantly to save lives. This drug business has seized the US. We are in trouble. :notgood:

I didn't mean to sound like I was making excuses for her...Just trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense.

They wouldn't have found her if she wasn't on POF looking. I have a hard time understanding why some are trying so hard to make excuses for her. She wasn't some underage girl lured by an adult male.

Sorry, jjenny..I meant to reply to your quote, not edit it!

The heinous nature of the crime makes me wonder if Fabian Gonzales and Jessica Kelley could be injustice collectors. Their crimes tend to be very extreme.

I used to attend an church that was mostly recovered addicts. I'm sure a few do use it and work it, but many just need that structure in their life to stay clean.

The following is pure conjecture and my opinion only, so take it for what it's worth. Approx. $.02 ;)

Looking way back through the mom's social media I'm pretty sure that Martens is her maiden name. Being as that is also Victoria's last name, I'm going out on a limb and guess that her father is not involved? Just a hunch. I also saw reference way back in her social media to having a husband at one point, so I'm also going to guess that the other child may be that man's child, which would make sense because I read someone online somewhere state that the boy was with his father when all of this took place.

There was also a period of time that Michelle seemed to be very, very religious. This raises my radar just a bit and makes me wonder if she was a drug user before. I say this because as I mentioned up thread, I have a lifelong on and off again meth addict brother (who has also been in and out of prison) and each and every time he "gets clean" he finds religion and gets REALLY into it. I haven't figured out if it's because he really means it or if it's because he knows that was always the ticket to keep my parents (especially my mother) helping him....as in paying for bail, rehabs, lawyers, talking people he stole from out of pressing charges (by reimbursing them for their stolen items), giving him a place to live when he got out of jail, etc. In other words, they could have just washed their hands of him (and should have) but he would lure them in with his newfound "Godliness". Each.And.Every.Time. And he was always real super over the top with it when he was in one of those states. Makes me wonder if her religion wasn't for the same reasons? It keeps people helping you.

Of course, I may also be barking totally up the wrong tree. Just some thoughts I've been having. MOO.

Gonzales was supposed to have been on probation but apparently his paperwork (along with a bunch of others) was send to an e-mail address that was no longer in service.
"According to Alex Sanchez, deputy secretary of administration for the state Corrections Department, one of the probation and parole email accounts where the message was sent was no longer in use at the time. She says she tested the email address and confirmed it was replying to messages with an alert saying it was no longer in service. The other email address was working but doesn’t have any record of having received the court’s emails, Sanchez said."

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...cle_dc3527d9-4909-53d1-8dbd-372f252afa77.html

So I have to ask, why did no one see the auto-reply that alerted that email address was no longer functional?
:thinking:
When dealing with something as important as this, due diligence would require the sender to confirm the receipt of said message(s), yes? I am floored that anyone would just send this message into the abyss and not await some sort of confirmation (from a human being) that the "paperwork" had been received!
In the end, Victoria paid with her life because NO ONE bothered to! :cow:
:anguish:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking Bobbs really didn't know about him.

I think Michelle was probably a lighter user. She met this guy online. He was probably not around during the day and came around at night at which time they would use and her addiction got out of hand. I don't think he ever officially lived there and I'm sure the cousin just started coming around to get high and there was no official discussion.

He was with his Father that night.

Bobbs seems to have spent a lot of time around Victoria. I suspect Mom must have told her not to tell anyone the boyfriend was living with them. Imo,moms behavior seems like that of an addict. Good at hiding things from key people.

This crime has affected me like no other, and after going to the detention center site and reading the charges against each of the monsters I am still numb. I pray Victoria did not suffer long!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slafrance74
Back