NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Blue!!! I doubt that Allison "separated* finances. That makes me sad. :(
If that's the case, then that's what I feel is going to put a sizeable dent into whatever is owing to Allison. How much of Gerard's debt is also Allison's debt is the million dollar question.

I've learnt heaps the last few years and I am one of those unbusinesslike and non political type people. But it pays to investigate and be up to par what the other half is up to no matter how much trust you have in them. One of my sisters now has a husband diagnosed with terminal cancer a year ago, three kids still in high school and his one man business is broke because of it. Family joke is that we are soon going to be A Family Of Widows coz my dad died only months before my husband did. Oh dear...

My sister's family managed to finally get around his debts to where she works as a teacher full time and earns the money. After investigations as to the pros and cons of this, he has declared himself bankrupt and owns nothing under his name other than a heap of personal debts but that doesn't affect her credit rating because her debts are seperate to his debts.

They live in his dad's house for they have nowhere else to live because the bank sold their house. His dad's will is set up in such a way that her husband is not named in his dad's will as a beneficiary anymore, but my sister is instead, along with his two brothers.

That way, if his dad dies while her husband is still under bankruptcy ruling, the creditors can't take her husband's share of the family inheritance because he gets none. If she dies, the three children get it.

Women who lend their names and signatures to their spouses business adventures so his business can get tax lurks and perks can unwittingly get stung really really bad if that business gets into trouble. I find that phenomena rather troubling especially where there are small children to feed and clothe and look after.

I sincerely hope that Allison's financial dealings are not emashed with his to the degree where the debt collectors can eye off her insurance moneys. It's a worry.

I sincerely hope that Allison's financial dealings are not emashed with his to the degree where the debt collectors can eye off her insurance moneys. It's a worry.

It certainly is Blue. It certainly is....

Police say Ms McHugh had told them he called her from pay phones and emailed her as Bruce Overland. He needed to "lay low" he said, but he would be in touch.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-in-court-claim/story-e6freoof-1226405967381

GBC and Toni McHugh were both clever weren't they? Not

If you sold a house through this pair you really must wonder whether they told you the truth and if they got the best price possible, similarly if you bought a house through them.

You wonder how much work was going on in the Real Estate office!!

If you sold a house through this pair you really must wonder whether they told you the truth and if they got the best price possible, similarly if you bought a house through them.

If I bought a house through this pair, id be having new kitchen benches installed first up, following by two rounds from the exterminator.....eeeewwww

Does anyone remember did Allison get a colour or treatment done at the hairdressers? Hair coming back as Allisons would not be a big deal but hair coming back as Allisons with forensic testing proving that it is a hair that has had the same colour or treatment done from that night would be!!!!

I think we established very early on Futureinsight that Allison had a colour at the hairdressers that night as well as a cut.

I hope to God NOT! Maybe he's still entitled to apply for bankruptcy to write all those debts off??? Naturally the GIRLS' insurance payout will he heavily taxed though.
In Australia, lump sum life insurance payouts are not taxed but any interest earnt once you receive it is.

Exception is, if you have a life policy attached to your superannuation. Then it can be taxed same like superannuation can be taxed, depending on who owns the policy and sometimes on assets and income of the person receiving the payout.

Bankruptcy only writes debts off on paper. If however during the bankrupcy period which is... I dunno 7 years ? you come across any money in any way, you are then obliged to declare it to the Bankruptcy people (whoever they are) and that money will be taken from you to pay those outstanding debts.

That's why is my sister's husband's case where he has terminal cancer, it was worth his while going bankrupt coz like he said, he can never work again, he no longer gets an inheritance if his dad dies during his Bankruptcy 'penanace' time because in his dad's will it goes to my sister and not him... and anyway he says, chances are high in his case that the cancer will kill him before his Bankruptcy period is over.

Bankruptcy is not something anyone should enter into lightly because it can have serious ramifications for you and your family later down the track.

I feel like a smart arse today... lol... but just having gone through all this the last couple of years has really opened my eyes to how careful one needs to be to read small print.

Thanks for the welcome. FACT: COD will come out at the appropriate time. If there was no clearly established COD she would not have been buried. It is well known how she died. It just hasn't been released yet because more arrests will follow and the investigation is continuing. QPS know what they're doing. They're great actually. And, whilst much is circumstantial the timeline and string of events is compelling to say the least.

No the menstrual blood comment didn't come from you originally. Yes speculation is one thing but thinking before you write is also another. Weighing up probabilities is yet another. This site prides itself and there are great posts by people with intimate inside knowledge. Wild accusations and poorly thought out speculations just to get a post is ... Well I am sure you get my drift. However, I'm all for freedom of speech and independent ideas:) but the menstrual blood is reaching big time.

If we're all awake, hyped up from yesterday's events and what has been disclosed then just imagine TM, the BCs and OW! They should be shaking in their boots and lacking sleep! I think it will be interesting to see what OW does now. How she can continue to support GBC after yesterday, when she has her own family and life to consider, will be very telling. Ditto for the BCs.

Question, have they lawyered up as yet? I think that will be out soon:)

Also, keep an eye out for what happens with TM children...where is their father? They are hugely affected by this also and in good conscience should be spared the involvement of this awful situation. Hopefully a family member will remove them from the glare of everyine's attention also - they're bound to get it.

So many lives ruined.

:tyou:
So much sense in your post, and some sobering thoughts particularly in relation to TMs children. How many lives in disarray because of one man's action?

On another note Kimster and fellow posters I also participated in the general banter last night. I apologise. There are times when the implications and sadness of this case gets too much and a bit of humour helps to deal with that. Will try to refrain.

Oh! He obviously hoped that poor Allison's body would NEVER be found ... so for him, her body's cold, dark, wet & muddy rest with only insects & other creatures visiting, was far too short mind. :banghead:
Although, if he was so eager to get his grubby paws on her insurance payout, maybe he'd hoped that it would be found sooner.
Fewest are capable of delving into such evil, twisted, selfish, egotistical minds.
At least we all KNOW that Allison's now warmest and safest in Heaven, and undoubtedly visits her 3 darlings OFTEN. :)

Your first line Annie is one of the many questions I still have about this case. Thought as I am typing this I have probably answering my own question, I had always imagined that someone of GBC age would realise that for insurance payouts missing isn't good enough, the law states that they have 7 year waiting period until some "missing" can be assumed dead. My thought being then if you want the assurance money don't hide the body too well. I assumed a level of intelligence and general knowledge that obviously Gerard does not possess.

I wonder if the interference to the corpse was though that Gerard realising that Allison body hadn't been found and time was running out, moved Allison body from where he originally placed her, to somewhere that she was more likely to be found.

The rents would still be going in the trust account each week. I would be very worried if I had a rental property with that agent.

I read in one MSM report that GBC apparently told four different stories to Police, family and friends about ABC going for walks...

"To some, officers say, he said Allison liked to take a walk early in the morning. To his sister, Olivia Walton, he allegedly described a particular route. He told a close friend of Allison's that she would walk at 10pm each night and he described to his parents two different walking routes."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/gerard-baden-clay-conducting-ongoing-affair-at-time-of-wife-allisons-death-was-in-debt-and-had-inquired-about-her-life-insurance-police-affidavits-lodged-in-court-claim/story-e6frf7l6-1226406037780

This got me to thinking we should revisit the very first post from EBC 543 with very detailed walking route information. I encourage this person to post more (inside?) information before the QPS hangovers wear off. (LOL)

"Hello everyone...this is my maiden voyage on this site.
I think that Allison did go for a walk (I, at times walk late at night)...maybe just to chill out after an argument, or needed time to think. I presume that she did a circuit...but because it was so late, she decided to bypass her usual around the Showground and go down Boscombe Road, into Rafting Ground Road...then bypassed her usual turnoff at Greentrees Avenue and made the terrible mistake of going to the turnoff at Rees Way to cross Creekside Park....where everyone heard the screams. I think someone was watching her and couldn't believe their luck that she was walking so late on a Thursday night. They've seen her when many cars and people were around....but never this late! I reckon someone (not the husband - he would have turned off the mobile) stalked her and she did not notice until her plight which was at the park!! The person would have to have their car or property nearby.
If the screams are from teenagers mucking around....then I fear that Alison was run over by someone who has a previous DUI. They live somewhere near where she was walking....the body was then dumped the next day when the person took the Mt Crosby Road to work! I reckon that Allison was dumped into Little Ugly Creek, Wirrabara Road that runs into Kholo River at the overpass. The Little Ugly Creek is not as swift as Kholo Creek...hence Allison's body being pushed under the bridge when she came out from Little Ugly Creek.
The police should have checked drivers on the Rafting Ground Road turnoff from Moggil Road.....not the Moggil Road/Kenmore roundabout....because I reckon the perpetrator works towards Ipswich way!!!
Allison had her clothes on which means that it was not a sexually motivated crime.....unless the police have not told us something and are withholding information so as not to strike fear into the local Pullenvale/Brookfield population.
I really do hope that the police read this and not be so arrogant to dismiss it!!!!!!!"

Some Bolding By Me. ALL IMO, MOO and speculation which may or may not have any basis in fact or fiction and I neither confirm or deny anything.

Subtle reminder....there is no tolerance for off topic discussion, discussion of other members, name calling, etc. etc. etc.

You all know the rules by now. Abide by them or as you say, "go to the naughty corner".....

Cheers.

I'm only at post 300 of the previous thread, but I had to post while I am thinking of it. What struck me as a coincidence is that I knew someone who chose that date well in advance to separate because of the new financial year. I guess it saves a bunch of complications with stuff like family tax benefit etc. I didn't realise it was Allison's birthday.

But even more bizarrely, when travelling with extended family in the NT, a caterpillar looking thing got inside my BIL's rashie and caused him all sort of grief resulting in a trip to the GP. I didn't see if they looked like scratches. But I have been scoffing at the caterpillar too and then that memory floated to the surface. Not that I think Gerard is the unluckiest guy on earth who got caterpillar attacked within a day or so of his wife being brutally murdered by someone else. Just that maybe his legal eagles not as daft as this excuse seems.

Subtle reminder....there is no tolerance for off topic discussion, discussion of other members, name calling, etc. etc. etc.

You all know the rules by now. Abide by them or as you say, "go to the naughty corner".....

Cheers.
Is BOTM (Bruce Overland TONI McHugh) OK?

I am exposed on a daily basis to children who have suffered extreme levels of trauma and for various reasons, cannot live with their parents. It breaks my heart to think of the road ahead for these three precious girls and the pain they will have to process. They will need a community to support them and help them. God bless the Dickies for all they are doing to promote safety for these little ones on a daily basis to get through this ordeal. You are the heroes of the story!

Amazingly composed and with a hint of humour to.

Below is a link, (trust me, it's a top read - strong language warning), to the whole transcript and there's a lot more than just asking to order a pizza. You'd have to have some gall to say what he did to a Judge in court.

He got 15 years for murder and now he faces a contempt charge for what came out of his mouth. Hardly think he's the type person I'd like to hang around with and I reckon it will be quite a culture change for Gerard.

The transcript of his rant has been sent to the Department of Public Prosecutions for its consideration.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/06/14/accused-goes-foul-mouthed-rampage/

That crazy evil person is the devil reincarnated.
I feel so sorry for the girlfriend he killed and the Judge he abused. :what:
He is psychotic and should never be released . :jail::banghead:

Absolutely hilarious IMO!! I read the transcript, although it's an ongoing tirade of foul language and abuse, apart from a few 'c words' which I abhor, nearly all the other expletives are the same word. (and the relevant letters of each word are blanked out). Even though it's appalling behaviour, and it's coming from the mouth of someone who stabbed his girlfriend in the heart, the actual tirade in itself I found hilarious and I can understand why the Judge seemed bemused. Basically so extreme that it became ridiculous. My favourite part was when he said 'Up you!" I dont know why, it just made me laugh..

People working in the criminal justice system are well used to dealing with this sort of bloke. Could well have had a life with no decent role models, may have actaully been abused by people who had some authority over him in an institution, never learned to use polite language etc. The contempt charge was probably more as a result of him trying to derail the proceedings, and those proceedings were for his benefit. The language has to be put in context I think. Whether it's obscene depends on who is around when it's spoken, who it's directed to and why IMO. Here's a link to an interesting discussion on how lawyers might approach the contextual issue. Warning, contains very bad language so don't open if such language offends.

In Australia, lump sum life insurance payouts are not taxed but any interest earnt once you receive it is.

Exception is, if you have a life policy attached to your superannuation. Then it can be taxed same like superannuation can be taxed, depending on who owns the policy and sometimes on assets and income of the person receiving the payout.

Bankruptcy only writes debts off on paper. If however during the bankrupcy period which is... I dunno 7 years ? you come across any money in any way, you are then obliged to declare it to the Bankruptcy people (whoever they are) and that money will be taken from you to pay those outstanding debts.

That's why is my sister's husband's case where he has terminal cancer, it was worth his while going bankrupt coz like he said, he can never work again, he no longer gets an inheritance if his dad dies during his Bankruptcy 'penanace' time because in his dad's will it goes to my sister and not him... and anyway he says, chances are high in his case that the cancer will kill him before his Bankruptcy period is over.

Bankruptcy is not something anyone should enter into lightly because it can have serious ramifications for you and your family later down the track.

I feel like a smart arse today... lol... but just having gone through all this the last couple of years has really opened my eyes to how careful one needs to be to read small print.

Well said. As a debt collector, I often advise people of the "truth" about bankruptcy. It's not an easy out.

Mind you it didn't hurt Alan Bond much lol...but that's a whole other topic.

Thanks for an excellent couple of posts.:rocker:

How awesome of your ex hub, sounds to me like he planned it that way. He must've still loved you.

Curious, it just occured to me that 543 could have been a lot closer to GBC than we thought. Remember that particular post was almost harrassing the QPS to listen to them? Suppose a family member or mistress etc, wanted her to be found, and was leading police based on wheat info tashey had? Or worse, what if GBC was getting impatient? Those posts were freaky from the start

Mmm. Whenever I saw "543" I thought of "21".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr