NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be so hard on them. Mine went past Kholo Bridge without me today. He just confessed that he stopped and checked the flowers. They aren't all bad.

I agree possum...there's some fantastic marriages out there & I think the greater majority are that.... but unfortunately & sadly we so often only get to hear about those that have turned bad.

Speaking of "O" (just reading your 'signature' on the bottom of your page Bayside), has anyone any info on how her fundraising is going - or not going ??

My Dad had money stashed everywhere. If Mum knew where it was, she'd help herself. A couple of us were privy to where it was, each unbeknown to the other and sworn to secrecy. When he died, we found around $57000 around the house in different places. It paid for his funeral and what was left, in addition to what was in the bank supported Mum for the rest of her life. What she didn't seem to understand was that long term, he was doing it for her and us and she would benefit! It isn't necessarily a bad motive hiding things like that. Mum wasn't good with hanging onto money, if she had it, she spent it.

I agree possum...there's some fantastic marriages out there & I think the greater majority are that.... but unfortunately & sadly we so often only get to hear about those that have turned bad.

We have been together for sixteen years. I haven't married him yet. He is still on trial.

... in most cases, the woman is left raising the kids (as you and I know - single mums) ... and sometimes you get peanuts child support too. If a man wants to stack money away, I have nothing against that, but I will too!

I personally don't go for joint accounts. Separate accounts, with both putting in for all the bills always seemed fairest to me :)

MOO

It's getting closer to the end of the Sica trial. I've found it interesting as Sica had similar alibi to GBC & it was all circumstantial evidence.

Just noticed today a coincidence with the dates in that case & Allison's case. Both almost the same date in April even though nine years apart.

June 25, 2012 11:42AM

He said the defence claimed Sica was at home between 11.10pm on April 20 2003 and 7am on April 21, 2003, when he picked up his children from his ex-wife's home.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urders-jury-told/story-e6freon6-1226407519495

Some interesting info today from Judge Byrne...

"Lies told by an accused may point to guilt only if motivated by a consciousness of guilt," Justice Byrne said.

"For a lie to have a tendency to prove guilt, it must be a lie which an innocent person would not tell, and which was told for the reason that the accused perceived that the truth is inconsistent with his innocence."

What Justice Byrne explained is called the Edward's Direction.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...rdict-judge-20120625-20y5r.html#ixzz1yn4YHjGS

Edward's Direction...

Lies Told By The Defendant
(Consciousness of Guilt)

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data...-lies-told-by-deft-consciousness-of-guilt.pdf

Wow! The coincidence in the dates is amazing. We lost our unborn baby on 20th April a number of years ago. I hate that date.

My Dad had money stashed everywhere. If Mum knew where it was, she'd help herself. A couple of us were privy to where it was, each unbeknown to the other and sworn to secrecy. When he died, we found around $57000 around the house in different places. It paid for his funeral and what was left, in addition to what was in the bank supported Mum for the rest of her life. What she didn't seem to understand was that long term, he was doing it for her and us and she would benefit! It isn't necessarily a bad motive hiding things like that. Mum wasn't good with hanging onto money, if she had it, she spent it.

What a great story!!! I love hearing about those stories...so "old school":

US vs THE BANKS and the "US" winning!

You never know what the other party is doing behind the scenes either.

My ex-husband managed to get himself into both of my parents wills for as much as, or more than, my share (without my knowledge) while convincing me that he was still committed to me.

Needless to say I divorced him soon after I found out. He managed to get away with an inheritance of well over 100k though.

Oh geez that is bad.

My husbands pay goes into our joint account and all of our bills are paid out of this. He has his credit card which he uses day to day and I pay the the cc bill out of our joint account. I know every cent he spends right down to what he had for lunch haha.

Hubby is not interested in the money side of things as long as he gets his little luxuries in life he is a happy man. He says he has enough stresses day to day without worrying about the $$$$$$.

My first marriage was 9 years ... my second was 15 years ... there won't be a third! :floorlaugh:

My first was 13 years and I learnt never to go back for seconds...(sorry to all the great guys out there)

:therethere:

I not going to argue, but if it is their decision to stay FB friend's with him I am going to respect that. Everyone has the right to make up their own mind about this case.

I unfriended him the day after the bail hearing. That was my line in the sand. I respect others' positions, though, and I think some people (such as infrequent FB users) probably don't even realise they are still "friends" with him, having maybe accepted a friend request a couple of years ago or so. I doubt Campbell Newman realised he was still "friends" with GBC ... his media peeps would have noticed on his behalf. And yes, there are probably some who are too fearful or curious to hit the Unfriend button. I have to say it felt good. Like, I hit it HARD. :)

My first marriage was 9 years ... my second was 15 years ... there won't be a third! :floorlaugh:

Both of mine lasted 20 years each and at that rate I haven't got enough time left for another one based on average life expectancy.:slap:

It's getting closer to the end of the Sica trial. I've found it interesting as Sica had similar alibi to GBC & it was all circumstantial evidence.

Just noticed today a coincidence with the dates in that case & Allison's case. Both almost the same date in April even though nine years apart.

June 25, 2012 11:42AM

He said the defence claimed Sica was at home between 11.10pm on April 20 2003 and 7am on April 21, 2003, when he picked up his children from his ex-wife's home.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urders-jury-told/story-e6freon6-1226407519495

Some interesting info today from Judge Byrne...

"Lies told by an accused may point to guilt only if motivated by a consciousness of guilt," Justice Byrne said.

"For a lie to have a tendency to prove guilt, it must be a lie which an innocent person would not tell, and which was told for the reason that the accused perceived that the truth is inconsistent with his innocence."

What Justice Byrne explained is called the Edward's Direction.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...rdict-judge-20120625-20y5r.html#ixzz1yn4YHjGS

Edward's Direction...

Lies Told By The Defendant
(Consciousness of Guilt)

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data...-lies-told-by-deft-consciousness-of-guilt.pdf

That's just creepy ..... Good pickup !!

MOO

I unfriended him the day after the bail hearing. That was my line in the sand. I respect others' positions, though, and I think some people (such as infrequent FB users) probably don't even realise they are still "friends" with him, having maybe accepted a friend request a couple of years ago or so. I doubt Campbell Newman realised he was still "friends" with GBC ... his media peeps would have noticed on his behalf. And yes, there are probably some who are too fearful or curious to hit the Unfriend button. I have to say it felt good. Like, I hit it HARD. :)

Some probably don't place any importance whatsoever on Facebook & rarely use it.

Don't be so hard on them. Mine went past Kholo Bridge without me today. He just confessed that he stopped and checked the flowers. They aren't all bad.

Cool. I'm so glad you said that. I truly am either so naive, or so lucky. I think so lucky. But Thank you ladies for your words of wisdom!

Hi all - I've been dwelling on this point and would really like to hear all of your opinions.

Was there an accomplice in this murder?? I feel it in my bones that there was at least one. Or at the very least, an accessory after the fact. Are we going to see an arrest?

I'm starting to feel the same exasperation about it that I felt in the lead up to GBC's arrest - will an arrest ever happen and will that person ever be accountable?

Perhaps you should give this advice to Brooke.in case things don't work out with Ridge. Which I am assuming they won't!!!

I think this is advice we should give to our daughters!!!

Things won't work out with Ridge otherwise what do we have to look forward to in 3-6 months time??? :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214