NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guilty or not, this reminds me of the Greg Domaszewicz trial. Right or wrong, i will be Very surprised if GBC is found guilty!

I have similar thoughts, but because I see similarities with the Madeleine McCann case (7 people probably know what happened and no one has ever talked). IMO.

BBM "Mr Nyst yesterday slammed Corrective Services' refusal to let him see his would-be client. That's probably why! He's not actually GBC's legal representative so isn't covered by that priviledge.

Guilty or not, this reminds me of the Greg Domaszewicz trial. Right or wrong, i will be Very surprised if GBC is found guilty!

Major difference that Jayden Leskies' blood was not found in Gregs car.. Allisons was found in the Captiva. I think that Police have more stuff up their sleeves.. I have faith at this stage that justice will prevail..

Sorry, but I would lawyer up even if I were innocent. Why? Because I have watched hundreds of police crime TV shows and know how dirty it can get during the interview process. I prefer to "prevent" rather than "regret" later.

I think GBC was smart in doing so very early.

Smart? The issue is whether it is a sign of guilt to lawyer up so early. There may be exceptions and you are obviously one of them, but I believe that the vast majority of people would not lawyer up at the time he did so early in the piece. It implies guilt IMO, in this particular case, especially in conjunction with other behaviours. JMO

Methinks the gamesmanship could be from Chris Nyst - thinks he smells a good book. See below link- also currently representing Bernard Tomic, the tennis player, over traffic incidents/charges.

Chris Nyst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I honestly doubt Mahoney will want to work with someone else. I think this is the initial step to get rid of Mahoney and engage Nyst (probably in exchange for some movie rights?). IMO.

Yes, we don't know where they were, but FaceTime only works with wi-fi, hence both had to be either at home or where a free wi-fi spot is, which are not many around Brisbane suburbs (except McDonalds).

Thanks I was not 100% on how the facetime worked initially, but I thought it needed wi-fi.. however go down many streets and it is likely you can piggy back on someons wi-fi if they do not have a secure connection.. Is there anything around the roundabout that would possibly have wi-fi..unsecured?

You are of the opinion someone in the McCanns party killed Madeleine? I know sorry this is off topic to this thread..but just interested me your comment.

I think she died accidentally in the apartment (cadaver dog identified smell behind sofa in front of a window) while the parents dined in the resort restaurant. Police believe kids had been drugged to make them sleep through. A cover up followed and police have not been able to prove who did it, although they are pretty certain of what happened. Mobile phones were triangulated to areas different to where the parents said they were, etc, etc.

Thanks I was not 100% on how the facetime worked initially, but I thought it needed wi-fi.. however go down many streets and it is likely you can piggy back on someons wi-fi if they do not have a secure connection.. Is there anything around the roundabout that would possibly have wi-fi..unsecured?

I don't know the area, but most private home wi-fi require a password. Is there a 24 hour McDonalds nearby?

Smart? The issue is whether it is a sign of guilt to lawyer up so early. There may be exceptions and you are obviously one of them, but I believe that the vast majority of people would not lawyer up at the time he did so early in the piece. It implies guilt IMO, in this particular case, especially in conjunction with other behaviours. JMO

I agree that in this case, considering other issues, it implies guilt, but he was smart IMO because he managed never to give an official statement that could have later worked against him. He may be guilty, but he was smart in lawyering up early.

I don't know the area, but most private home wi-fi require a password. Is there a 24 hour McDonalds nearby?

Hmm, not at the shops there- I am not close enough to frequent or know the shops there too well, but the Mc DOnalds is a fair distance down the road that I know of...But I know I have been able to pick up private home wi fi when I was staying at my sisters place- housesitting. Suburban street..I picked up about 3 plus the local libraries one, which was not really close by at all.. (I don't at home but we are on acerage and possibly any close by are secure)

I think she died accidentally in the apartment (cadaver dog identified smell behind sofa in front of a window) while the parents dined in the resort restaurant. Police believe kids had been drugged to make them sleep through. A cover up followed and police have not been able to prove who did it, although they are pretty certain of what happened. Mobile phones were triangulated to areas different to where the parents said they were, etc, etc.

Ok. Sorry to put you on the spot by asking. I realized I probably should not have, and deleted my post. Just found it interesting as while I have followed the case, not really closely. I did think it appeared Police believe she may still be alive.. But sorry for being off topic..

If they have a log of the FaceTime call they will have an ip address and from that you can find out via the ISP where the address of the wifi was. So it pinpoints both iPhones to within 50m of the wifi points.

I agree that in this case, considering other issues, it implies guilt, but he was smart IMO because he managed never to give an official statement that could have later worked against him. He may be guilty, but he was smart in lawyering up early.

Yes, of course that's true, but I thought the discussion started on this occasion because of the assertion it implied guilt. I dont think the fact that he was smart to lawyer up and keep silent was in question. It's just that some people have said over and over that it's just smart and doesn't necessarily imply guilt ie it's just what a smart person would do, not necessarily a guilty person.

What I have said all along is that i think most innocent people wouldn't lawyer up, or certainly not that early on, whether they were smart or not. You might do, but I dont think most people would.

IMO , NEVER, no cover up. How come a body has never been found??? I just won't have it. That poor family has suffered enough without being accused. STRONGLY DISAGREE

OT but speaking of Greg Domaszewicz, where did his child go?

June 16, 2008 12:00AM

GREG Domaszewicz, the man once accused of killing a toddler he was babysitting, is raising a child of his own.

June 14, 2012 12:00AM

Mr Domaszewicz is now living a hermit lifestyle, with only his dogs to keep him company, and taking large amounts of medication to deal with chronic headaches and depression.

He is unemployed, on a disability pension, single and has no children.

"His life is ruined," said his mum, Helen Chervev.

Links to complete stories:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/jaidyn-babysitter-now-a-dad/story-e6frf7kx-1111116642702

http://m.news.com.au/VIC/pg/0/fi1620487.htm

Regardless of how 'great' your legal team may be, it is difficult to counter a defence to a plethora of evidence whether it be circumstantial or otherwise. A possible Mental Health Court divert has been nipped deftly by QPS having GBC assessed at time of his oopsey Indro accident. Also his own affidavits apparently state he is no risk of harm to himself (and presumably others).
Guess there is always the Stillnox defence - seems it is starting to become popular here even with Former Olympic swimmers citing a 'reliance' as a prelude to his moment in the starchamber defending outrageous behaviour also.
His legal peacocks will put on a good show, no doubt. But dont underestimate the Crown - unless Cando DOES NOT reinstate their frontline support team after the Black Friday debacle here in Qld. For those outside of Qld, a large number of temporary staff mostly admin did not have their contracts extended on 30 June.

Just wondering if Hawkins, Watsonian Institute or other legal minds can throw light on the committal process. Isnt there a hands up going direct to trial without release of all the evidence at that point and the other being full exploration of the material in the lower Court before moving to a higher Court?

Yes, we don't know where they were, but FaceTime only works with wi-fi, hence both had to be either at home or where a free wi-fi spot is, which are not many around Brisbane suburbs (except McDonalds).

I will check this tomorrow CC but I think it will also work if you have a 3G plan including data. I use an app called viber, which is available for iPhone/android phones. It's great for free calls to one another and great if you are overseas. The app uses Voice over the Internet ( VOIP) so both parties are using part of their data allowance to make the call. My partner has just been to Europe for 6 weeks and called me almost every day. He just needed to be in a wifi zone ( he didn't want to buy a data plan whilst away) but I could be on a wifi network or out and about connected to the Optus 3G Network. The calls used the data allowance on my plan. I am pretty sure that FaceTime would be similar.

Whilst the McCanns might not have been guilty of killing Madeleine - they were guilty of gross negligence which led to either her disappearance or death. I can't imagine any responsible parents at home heading to their local restaurant and leaving such little ones unsupervised, never mind doing it in a foreign country.

New article in CM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/baden-clays-lawyer-barred/story-e6freoof-1226413880866

ACCUSED wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay is bringing in celebrity lawyer Chris Nyst as a legal adviser as he steps up the fight for his innocence.

But Mr Nyst - who has acted for high-profile defendants including "Postcard Bandit" Brenden Abbott, One Nation founder Pauline Hanson, the Gold Coast's Lacey brothers and tennis star Bernard Tomic - has so far been refused an audience with the alleged murderer.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Gold Coast lawyer, author and filmmaker was turned away by prison authorities when he tried to see Baden-Clay in Brisbane's Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre last week.

Mr Nyst yesterday slammed Corrective Services' refusal to let him see his would-be client, who hired another Gold Coast criminal lawyer, Darren Mahony, soon after his wife Allison Baden-Clay disappeared in April.

"Repeated efforts" to make an appointment to see Baden-Clay had been refused by prison officials, Mr Nyst said.

"In 35 years of practising in criminal law in Queensland, I have never struck such behaviour by prison authorities," Mr Nyst said.

Mr Nyst said his unsuccessful attempts to see Baden-Clay followed reports that Mr Mahony had only been able to see his client for an hour.

"As I understand it, he has been placed in a protection unit without his request, and has had limited access to his lawyers or other advisers since," Mr Nyst said.

"I know very little of the case other than what I read in the newspapers, but I fear that the way this man is currently being treated by the authorities, when so far absolutely nothing has been proven against him, raises the very real spectre of a grave injustice being done to him."

A Corrective Services spokesman said Mr Nyst had been informed last Friday that he would be allowed to see Baden-Clay once he was officially appointed as a legal representative.

It is understood Baden-Clay is bringing in three legal advisers - Mr Mahony, Mr Nyst and a third unnamed lawyer - to bolster his defence team. Mr Nyst is believed to have been approached by Baden-Clay's family.

Mr Mahony said he had been confirmed as Baden-Clay's lawyer during a prison visit last Thursday, and Baden-Clay had confirmed those instructions to prison staff when other lawyers have attempted to see him.

Baden-Clay, who has been charged with murdering his wife and interfering with her corpse, was last month refused bail in the Supreme Court. He could reapply for bail but only if his legal circumstances changed.

What tha......... ? Nyst ISN'T GBC's appointed legal representative - he knows the rules, why does Nyst think the rules shouldn't apply to him ?? I think it's completely outrageous of him to be making statements about Corrective Services, that seem to imply that they (CC) are acting unjustly in regards to GBC. I'm agreeing with other bloggers that Nyst smells a book in the offing.
The BC clan have (from my understanding) asked for privacy blah de blah blah, yet it appears to be them who are courting the attention.

This is MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member