GUILTY Norway - Bombing & Shooting at Youth Camp in Oslo, 22 July 2011 *parole request 2021*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Totally normal. But because we don't capitalize regular nouns in English, it read as if some monster named Kline was hiding in the bushes, waiting to nab kids.

Unfortunately, not unlike what actually happened two days ago.

Thanks.

I know saw a lot of strange translations in the text....

Yes, it is lowered down to 68 at Utøya and 8 in Oslo - havent seen 78 in our newspapers, but it seems to be close to the total death toll... It is still a lot of people who are still missing, but most of the dead are not yet identifyed either...

Typically on-task column by Charlie Brooker in yesterday's Observer well worth your while:

The news coverage of the Norway mass-killings was fact-free conjecture
---
Presumably he wanted to make a name for himself, which is why I won't identify him. His name deserves to be forgotten. Discarded. Deleted. Labels like "madman", "monster", or "maniac" won't do, either. There's a perverse glorification in terms like that. If the media's going to call him anything, it should call him pathetic; a nothing.

On Friday night's news, they were calling him something else. He was a suspected terror cell with probable links to al-Qaida. Countless security experts queued up to tell me so. This has all the hallmarks of an al-Qaida attack, they said. Watching at home, my gut feeling was that that didn't add up. Why Norway? And why was it aimed so specifically at one political party? But hey, they're the experts. They're sitting there behind a caption with the word "EXPERT" on it.
---
(the rest at link above)

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/25/norway.terror.attacks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Norway terror suspect claims to have worked with 2 other cells

I am glad they didn't let him read his "manifesto" in court. The less heard from him publicly, the better, imo.

Hi ha....

He also wanted to wear a uniform in court, and that his lawyer also wear one. The lawyer, a very sympathetic and reasonable man had of course declined this. The court also denied the shooter to wear his uniform today.

Very please the court was set behind closed doors so that the shooter couldn't use this as an arena to spread his non sense to the world.

The pictures of him being carried away in a car from court are disgusting. It shows, he is really happy with himself...

One of my friends' little sister was at Utøya when it occured. She's hurt due to a fall while escaping, but all in all she is doing fine.

Thank you Lord.

Big hug for Norway! This guy is my city's Jared Loughner only deadlier. May you and your country heal. You have lot's of love behind you. xoxo

I saw this on twitter tonight and apologize if it's a repeat but are jails/prison that nice there? Is this true? Amazing.

World's Most Humane Jail Set to Host Norwegian Killer

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/ne...-norwegian-killer-dpgonc-20110725-bb_14293883

It's true.

However, although very "humane" in a materalistic way, this is a maximum security prison where prisoners aren't left to themselves one second. Always a guard one step behind...

It's been written a lot about it in the media and the prisoners themselves have complained..

I guess the philosophy is that they've been sentenced to prison, but that doesn't mean they should serve their time eating old bread and living in dirty, small cells...

Quick update:

- 200.000 people in Oslo out in the streets yesterday to march. The city was so crowded that the march was cancelled.. I am so proud to be Norwegian and to see our community come together!

- An estimated 1.000.000 people have participated in official marches/memorials throughout the country. Think how many have participated in non-official things...?

- All Nordic countries had one minute of silence at 12:00 yesterday.

Also:

We have a paragraph here in Norway that has to do with "crimes against humanity" - it gives 30 years in prison. Never given before (at least not post WW"), but ABB will most probably be tried after this paragraph.

"The lawyer defending Anders Behring Breivik, who admits carrying out Friday's mass killings in Norway, says his client is probably insane."

"He said his client believed that he was in a war and that he would be vindicated in 60 years' time"

much more at link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14294251

"Norwegian domestic intelligence chief Janne Kristiansen has told the BBC no evidence has so far been found linking Anders Behring Breivik with far-right extremists in Norway or elsewhere.

Ms Kristiansen, who heads Norway's Police Security Service, told the BBC: "We don't have indications that he has been part of a broader movement or that he has been in connection with other cells or that there are other cells."

But she added that the possible existence of accomplices was being investigated. "I don't think there is any limits to the evil in this person's head," she said. "We can't take any chance with this person."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14303363

is it true the maximum sentence in norway is 21 years?

Norwegian explained a few pages back that, yes, that is technically the maximum, but there is a legal mechanism by which a person can be held in permanent custody.

According to several links I've found, after a prisoner's original sentence has been served, the government can go back to court and argue that he still poses a threat. If the court agrees, the prisoner is confined for another five years, after which the government has to go back to court to continue the confinement. Etc. and so forth.

So in theory, a prisoner could be held for life, but I don't know that that has ever happened.

Many site also point out that Norway's murder rate is a fraction of that of the U.S.

Norwegian explained a few pages back that, yes, that is technically the maximum, but there is a legal mechanism by which a person can be held in permanent custody.

According to several links I've found, after a prisoner's original sentence has been served, the government can go back to court and argue that he still poses a threat. If the court agrees, the prisoner is confined for another five years, after which the government has to go back to court to continue the confinement. Etc. and so forth.

So in theory, a prisoner could be held for life, but I don't know that that has ever happened.

Many site also point out that Norway's murder rate is a fraction of that of the U.S.

thanks, i figured it was something like this. my parents were watching fox earlier and i heard that it was 21 years, but i took it with a grain of salt.

thanks, i figured it was something like this. my parents were watching fox earlier and i heard that it was 21 years, but i took it with a grain of salt.

The burden is on the government to prove the convict remains a threat, so it's possible 21 years (with time off for good behavior) is all this killer will do. But a number of sites are opining that if ever there were a case where a court will extend the confinement, this should be it. No one can know for sure.

Yes, 21 years is the max prison punishment we have in Noway, but most of our prisoners only serves 2/3 of it. But we have also now the possibility to send people in prison for genocide who have punishment limit on 30 years (no one in Norway is sentenced to this before, but since Norway is one of the countries who sentences people for genocide instead of the International Court of Justice we have got this law). So with a combination with what Norwegian said it is a possibility that he will serve 30 years and more... We will see in a years time....

Hacking gang breaks into Norwegian killer's email accounts
by Graham Cluley on August 9, 2011

A Norwegian hacking gang is said to have broken into two email accounts belonging to Anders Breivik Behring, the right-wing extremist who killed over 70 people in the country last month.

The gang, who call themselves Noria, is said to be led by a 17 year old youth and is reported to have handed all the information they acquired from Behring's email accounts to freelance journalist.

The journalist, Kjetil Stormark, was asked by the hackers to pass the material to police investigating the mass-killings.

The same hacking gang is believed to have been responsible for a hack of Behring's Twitter account a couple of weeks ago.
Full article: click here

BBC: Norway massacre: Breivik declared insane

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15936276

If the commission, a panel of forensic psychiatrists, accepts the result from the court psychiatrists this means that terrorist Anders Behring Breivik won't go to jail, but will instead be sentenced to involuntary psychiatric care.

My amateur thinking is that Anders Breivik probably has Paranoid, Narcissistic, and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder and is a Psychopath.

My amateur thinking is that Anders Breivik probably has Paranoid, Narcissistic, and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder and is a Psychopath.

Diagnosis: Paranoid Schizophrenia
At the press conference yesterday I heard them mention all the things you've listed... so pretty good amateur :great:

He has absolutely no empathy for humans according to the professionals that has interviewed him.. so much that the only time he has shown any emotion was when he talked sadly about a mouse he had drove over and most probably killed.

Sad for one mouse, no emotion what so ever for 77 people killed in the most gruesome ways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back