NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody mentioned October 16th. I know something set him off in October of last year, but is the specific date October 16th mentioned in an article I missed? Is the 16th the date he began collecting guns or something?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes that is when he really started

How were these rounds being fired from the 4th floor without breaking the windows?
I'm still catching up, but exactly. The building is a mirror for a reason. It is to catch light and make it sparkle and attract attention. I think it was just lights being reflected. Normal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Somebody mentioned October 16th. I know something set him off in October of last year, but is the specific date October 16th mentioned in an article I missed? Is the 16th the date he began collecting guns or something?

I haven't seen the 16th specified. The articles I read referred to October of 2016. moo

Per CNN a presser soon with first responders

I haven't seen the 16th specified. The articles I read referred to October of 2016. moo
Maybe the person who posted was using 16 as shorthand for 2016 then. But it confused me. I searched for events from that date and could find nothing that makes sense to me.

First he would have had to get out of the hotel and get to his private plane. There was zero chance of that happening. But if he could have accomplished the impossible and got to his plane, and taken off, there would have been the problem of a little thing called, radar. They could have tracked the plane anywhere it went. There would have been Air Force jet fighters following him. He would have had to escape from the entire US Air Force. That is movie stuff, not real life. But even if he could have accomplished the impossible two times, then where would he have gone? Every country would have been looking for him. This was a lone wolf suicide mission. He knew he was not going to get away.

He has not been licensed

to fly in years --

my vote he owns no planes recently

moo

Maybe the person who posted was using 16 as shorthand for 2016 then. But it confused me. I searched for events from that date and could find nothing that makes sense to me.

That's what I'm thinking happened.

I think his financial situation will speak volumes. Vegas gamblers can win big and lose big. He was spiraling and losing control. IMO

CARIIS, if you think Eric's eyes are creepy in the still photo, go back and watch the video's where he was being interviewed by reporters. BUT TURN THE AUDIO OFF. He does some real weird contortions with the eyes.
Would like to hear a medical person explain this. Just strange.

The gun he used to kill himself would have been useless as a sniper rifle or in a shootout. He brought it with him, IMO, specifically to use when it was time to shoot himself. I think it's possible he had plans to slip out and hurt more people (like the couple in San Bernardino tried to do) but the plan always ended with kill or be killed in his mind. How many mass shooters survive? How many have ever gotten away? He knew the odds.

One of the photos I saw had a revolver in it, close to his dead body. He brought the revolver to eat IMO. I'm still not sure how the stuff in his vehicle fits into his plan.

One of the photos I saw had a revolver in it, close to his dead body. He brought the revolver to eat IMO. I'm still not sure how the stuff in his vehicle fits into his plan.

To eat? What do you mean?

The response from first response teams was amazing!

I do wonder if Plan A was to escape and Plan B was the hand gun to end it himself if A didn't work out. Seems much planning went into this.

Amazing job by all in this tragedy. Right down to the pressers keeping us informed.

I do wonder if Plan A was to escape and Plan B was the hand gun to end it himself if A didn't work out. Seems much planning went into this.

This mass murder is delusional to start with and then for him to think that he was going to escape in a busy area with tons of security. Tells me he was very delusional.

Over 600 injured and 58 dead. The domino effect of this in the aftermath is astounding. So many that survived this, all who responded to this, whether civilian or First Responder will walk around with the "invisible" injury of PTSD. The reality, pain, and ramifications of trauma, and even vicarious trauma, on people's lives is under appreciated and often forgotten after the coverage stops and we move on to the next unfortunate horror that will inevitably take place.

As we mourn the dead and the 58 families that have been irreparably changed, we cannot forget the walking wounded , (Psychologically) that experienced, witnessed, and survived this horror. They will be in real psychological pain for a long time to come. The effects of trauma are so real and often go untreated , misunderstood, and under appreciated.

I think this shooter could have blended in with the chaotic crowd and escaped, "IF", the fire alarm hadn't gone off, other clients hadn't heard the gunshots, and the security guard hadn't gotten there so quickly. The stairwell was right outside the shooter's door. He could have taken a handgun, and left if he had more time to do so. As it was, he didn't know if the security guard survived, didn't know if there were LE in the stairwell, etc. The response was so quick, the shooter didn't have time to escape.

But, without knowing those things were going to happen, his plan may have been to walk out of his room and blend in. Afterall, no one knew who the shooter was, therefore staff nor LE would have been alerted to him in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member